DELTA INTERVIEW PROCESS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 2367)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Veronica in Gilbert, Arizona

79 months ago

Jennifer Congrats!!!!

Just be yourself.. Put your best foot forward.. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Alexandria, Virginia

79 months ago

flygirl07 in Birmingham, Alabama said: I have my F2F with Delta tomorrow at 12:30! I am SOOO excited! Jennifer, any words of advice???[/QUOfTE]

yeah...i am happy for you...do not forget to smile

how long did yo wait for the phone call for your f2f

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

79 months ago

flygirl07 in Birmingham, Alabama said: I have my F2F with Delta tomorrow at 12:30! I am SOOO excited! Jennifer, any words of advice???

Good Luck!
I had mine yesterday 1/9. I was offered a job. Best advice. Have fun, don't be nervous. Enjoy everything that they have to offer. Meet all the candidates in your group. The staff is awesome and tell them so. Let them know how much you want to be a part of Delta and I am sure you do or you wouldnt waste your time going. There are a lot of people not even getting invited to FTF so they already like something about you. Let them see the rest. SHINE!! Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelly F in Williamsburg, Virginia

79 months ago

Hello,
I have my F2F interview in Atlanta on the 18th. The only flight I could get to put me there in time is on the 17th, so I will be getting a hotel room. Is there anyone out there who is in the same situation who would like to split one with me? I'm not creepy and I hope you aren't either!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Solsville, New York

79 months ago

Kelly F in Williamsburg, Virginia said: Hello,
I have my F2F interview in Atlanta on the 18th. The only flight I could get to put me there in time is on the 17th, so I will be getting a hotel room. Is there anyone out there who is in the same situation who would like to split one with me? I'm not creepy and I hope you aren't either!

Hi! I was just wondering how long you had to wait for your 2nd phone interview? I submitted my resume and application on Jan. 8th. I was given an 800 # to call and was asked about my passport and some questions about flight attendant scenarios. I was then directed to take a questionaire and to fill out an application online. I know it's only been two days but I haven't been contacted yet about the 2nd phone interview. Any advice or comments are certainly appreciated.

79 months ago

Gwash in PH, New Jersey said: Good Luck!
I had mine yesterday 1/9. I was offered a job. Best advice. Have fun, don't be nervous. Enjoy everything that they have to offer. Meet all the candidates in your group. The staff is awesome and tell them so. Let them know how much you want to be a part of Delta and I am sure you do or you wouldnt waste your time going. There are a lot of people not even getting invited to FTF so they already like something about you. Let them see the rest. SHINE!! Good Luck!!

When do you start training? Do you know of any future training dates?

Mandy in Gay, Georgia

79 months ago

You should receive an email. If you pass the test they will email you and give you step by step instructions. I passed the test and received an email about 4 days later. They gave me a # to call and I took another phone interview. They need to score the test so give them some time. Good Luck!

79 months ago

I have to say this is the BEST forum. Everyone here is so nice and willing to share any info they have. I wish the best of luck to those who have made it. And to those who are waiting...we will all wait patiently together.

Melissa in Provo, Utah

79 months ago

For anyone out there that has had their F2F in the last week any information would be greatly appreciated! I have man on the 17th and I am so excited this is what I have been waiting for. I'm just really nervous about what to expect. I have confidence that I will do great and I will just be myself that is all I can do. The thing that is freaking me out just a bit is the interview questions? Any help like I said before will be greatly appreciated.
Good luck to everyone this is an awesome experience regardless!

Melissa in Provo, Utah

79 months ago

Gosh I'm sorry my mind is so fluttered right now but I meant MINE not MAN. Thanks again for any advice and everything that is already on this site very informative!

DELTA-ATLANTA in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

I arrived at outer loop drive at 7:20am this morning. Then I walked into a big conference only to see we've been labeled and were assigned group a, b or c.
The Delta Reps. seemed nice, but fake. Each group rotate from (S.T.A.R. Interview) - (Stretch and Touch) - (Delta flight attendants provided Q&A for to us) - (DOT Drug Test) - (Update Application). They said we were the lucky ones. This month, they were only interviewing around 400 people out of the 40,000 that applied. THEN, if we made the cut, our pay would be minimum wage ($5.85) for 6 weeks working and we would be working 6, 12 hour days during the night. For example, 1pm to 1am. After training, our pay would go up to around $9 an hour. WOW...during the 2-3 phone interviews, someone should have mention that DELTA needed some pets to keep in New York. Your right, Delta is interview in Atlanta, for people to fly out of New York. And, no, you do not get travel time to and from work. BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! Delta doesn't waste money on a DOT drug test until after you get the job. Also, please get your breakfast before you go. The only give you crackers, nuts and drinks from 7:30 to 12:30. Delta Rep. dropped their fake smiles, as soon as they found them few young, attracted, flunkies to give their DOT drug test to. I DID NOT FEEL LUCKY DOING THIS INTERVIEW PROCESS, BUT I DID FEEL TRICKED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ladeeda in Avon, New York

79 months ago

Linda in Huntington Beach, California said: Thanks Veronica for the very helpful input.
I have another question... I am a language speaker. I understand that as a new hire, one ought to be on a reserve and on-call basis. But will my language gives me the advantage that I get the international line (the destination of my language) easier than most new hires? After all, my language is the reason they placed the ad and hired me. They are not going to waste me I think....?

Hi Linda,

I was wondering if you could please answer a question of mine regarding language ability testing at the Face to Face interview in Atlanta. I was "recruited" (they found my resume on a jobseekers' website) because I listed an "advanced" ability in a foreign language. I've taken 3 years of the language at the college level, as well as having studied abroad in that country, so I believe that my level will at the very least qualify as "intermediate" (the level the Delta website states they are looking for in foreign language speakers). However, I haven't practiced my Italian in some months (I'm remedying that now!) and was wondering what the language assessment was like? Was it written? Oral? Did you listen on headphones and select multiple choice answers? Or was it an actual interview in the language with a native/fluent speaker?

Thanks so much if you can answer this, or if anyone else knows anything about it!

-ladeeda

DELTA-ATLANTA in ATLANTA, Georgia

79 months ago

flygirl in Loganville, Georgia said: Could someone please tell me the interview process? I passed the 1st telephone interview, passed the assessment test, and now they want another phone interview. does anyone know what the 3rd interview is about and what comes after that?

FLYGIRL

DON’T LET THE OLD DELTA TRICK YOU WITH THEIR NEW TRICKS. I went to one of their interviews. I walked into a big conference only to see we've been labeled and were assigned group a, b or c.
The Delta Reps. seemed nice, but fake. Each group rotate from (S.T.A.R. Interview) - (Stretch and Touch) - (Delta flight attendants provided Q&A for to us) - (DOT Drug Test) - (Update Application). They said we were the lucky ones. This month, they were only interviewing around 400 people out of the 40,000 that applied. THEN, if we made the cut, our pay would be minimum wage ($5.85) for 6 weeks working and we would be working 6, 12 hour days during the night. For example, 1pm to 1am. After training, our pay would go up to around $9 an hour. WOW...during the 2-3 phone interviews, someone should have mention that DELTA needed some pets to keep in New York. Your right, Delta is interview in Atlanta, for people to fly out of New York. And, no, you do not get travel time to and from work. BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! Delta doesn't waste money on a DOT drug test until after you get the job. Also, please get your coffee and/or breakfast before you attend. They only give you crackers, nuts, room temp. shelve soda and juice from 7:30 to 12:30. Delta Rep. dropped their fake smiles, as soon as they found them few young, attracted, flunkies to give their DOT drug test to. They only picked young people who they could train as pets. Be prepared, they will ask you to complete another application on the spot. I notice they hired people before they looked at all the applications. They go on age and looks only at this point. The pay they quoted after training was only $9 something an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Alexandria, Virginia

79 months ago

hiring based on pay and looks.....give them more credit then that

DELTA-ATLANTA in Suwanee, Georgia

79 months ago

I SPOKE THE TRUTH FROM MY PROPECTIVE. BEING A DELTA FLIGHT ATTENDANT COULD BE A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WITH NO RESPONSIBLITIES AT THE TIME AND NO EXPERIENCE.

I TURNNED DOWN THE OFFER TO BE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT POSITION WITH DELTA BECAUSE AFTER DOING THE MATH, I WOULD BE LOSING MORE MONEY WOKING FOR THEM.

IT IS A GREAT WAY TO GET INTO THE DOOR, IF YOU COULD AFFORD TO LEAVE YOUR HOME SIX DAYS A WEEK, WORK 12 HOURS DURING NIGHT SHIFT THE FIRST 6 WEEKS MAKING AROUND $5 PER HOUR

FINAL PAY INCREASES TO AROUND $9 PER HOUR, BUT YOU THEN NEED TO TAKE OUT FOR LIVING EXPENSES (?).

DELTA REP. STATED AROUND $200 A MONTH FOR A CRASH PAD (BUNK BED), BUT PLEASE FIRST DO THE RESEARCH TO LIVE IN NEW YORK. YOU STILL NEED TO PAY FOR YOUR CLOTHES AND FOOD.

I JUST WANT TO INFORM PEOPLE TO DO THERE RESERCH. I ASK THE DELTA REPS. DURING THE PHONE INTERVEIW, BUT THEY JUST SUGER COATED THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT POSITION. THEY TOLD ME THAT I WOULD FIND OUT THE REST WHEN I GOT TO THE INTERVIEW. SO I WENT TO THE INTERVIEW AND NO I AM SHARING TO EVERYONE WHAT HAPPENED. I ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR PEOPLE. GOOD LUCK!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

DELTA-ATLANTA in ATLANTA, Georgia

79 months ago

ladeeda in Avon, New York said: Hi Linda,

I was wondering if you could please answer a question of mine regarding language ability testing at the Face to Face interview in Atlanta. I was "recruited" (they found my resume on a jobseekers' website) because I listed an "advanced" ability in a foreign language. I've taken 3 years of the language at the college level, as well as having studied abroad in that country, so I believe that my level will at the very least qualify as "intermediate" (the level the Delta website states they are looking for in foreign language speakers). However, I haven't practiced my Italian in some months (I'm remedying that now!) and was wondering what the language assessment was like? Was it written? Oral? Did you listen on headphones and select multiple choice answers? Or was it an actual interview in the language with a native/fluent speaker?

Thanks so much if you can answer this, or if anyone else knows anything about it!

-ladeeda

DELTA DID NOT DO A LANQUAGE TEST DURING THE FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW BUT THEY WILL INTERVIEW BASE ON THE S.T.A.R. PROGRAM. GOOD LUCK!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Luda in Lakeland, Florida

79 months ago

How is it that Delta is only paying $9hr and all the other airlines are starting at $16hr and up. Did they say how long they were going to pay $9hr before you get a raise?

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

79 months ago

Luda in Lakeland, Florida said: How is it that Delta is only paying $9hr and all the other airlines are starting at $16hr and up. Did they say how long they were going to pay $9hr before you get a raise?

that statement is untrue, its $19 after training.

kathy in Gay, Georgia

79 months ago

Yes, that is true it is 19.01 an hour after training. Only for actual flying time. Training is 5.85 an hour! Yes with 12 hour training days! They said the average first year pay is 17,000-20,000. The person who said 9.00 an hour must not have heard the teen on the end.

Tara in Novi, Michigan

79 months ago

I'm in the same boat as Renee ... so, I'm waiting also .. please let me know if you hear anything as I will do the same!! ;) good luck!!

79 months ago

Melissa in Provo, Utah said: For anyone out there that has had their F2F in the last week any information would be greatly appreciated! I have man on the 17th and I am so excited this is what I have been waiting for. I'm just really nervous about what to expect. I have confidence that I will do great and I will just be myself that is all I can do. The thing that is freaking me out just a bit is the interview questions? Any help like I said before will be greatly appreciated.

Hey melissa,

I also recevied my call this week. Finally, and I will also have mine on the 17, I'm coming from Arizona.. If you feel comfortable.. we can exchange information, before we go..

Best Regards.

79 months ago

kathy in Gay, Georgia said: Yes, that is true it is 19.01 an hour after training. Only for actual flying time. Training is 5.85 an hour! Yes with 12 hour training days! They said the average first year pay is 17,000-20,000. The person who said 9.00 an hour must not have heard the teen on the end.

Thank for the clarifiction ... It's important to have correct information. This forum. is to share information.. I'm glad we have position information to assist everyone..

79 months ago

If anyone is going to be at the F2F on the 17th and would like to be in touch and feels comfortable exchanging info.. let me know..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Provo, Utah

79 months ago

Veronica in Gilbert, Arizona said: If anyone is going to be at the F2F on the 17th and would like to be in touch and feels comfortable exchanging info.. let me know..

yes I would like to exchange info, I"m not sure how to go about it on here though? I'm so excited are you as well? This is so awesome! My aunt lives in Guilbert and she loves it, I love it out there also!

79 months ago

Here is my personal email. Loansbyveronica@hotmail. you can email me there with your email, and I will repy with a email.

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

79 months ago

Melissa in Provo, Utah said: For anyone out there that has had their F2F in the last week any information would be greatly appreciated! I have man on the 17th and I am so excited this is what I have been waiting for. I'm just really nervous about what to expect. I have confidence that I will do great and I will just be myself that is all I can do. The thing that is freaking me out just a bit is the interview questions? Any help like I said before will be greatly appreciated.

Besides this forum there is another Delta forum with more postings that may answer all of your questions. There are a lot of people going through the Delta process that are more than will to share information. Including myself.

79 months ago

Gwash,

Do you have the information for the other Delta Forum..

Thanks

79 months ago

DELTA-ATLANTA in ATLANTA, Georgia said: DELTA DID NOT DO A LANQUAGE TEST DURING THE FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW BUT THEY WILL INTERVIEW BASE ON THE S.T.A.R. PROGRAM. GOOD LUCK!!!

What is the S.T.A.R. program?

Does anyone know what the foreign language ability assessment is like? (Sorry to repeat this question!)

Thanks!!

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

79 months ago

Veronica in Gilbert, Arizona said: Gwash,

Do you have the information for the other Delta Forum..

Thanks

On INDEED page at the top there is a area FIND FORUMS you can type DELTA and it will show all of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Gay, Georgia

79 months ago

STAR is a very common interview technique. S means situation. T means Task. A means action. R is the result. They will review this with you. They will ask you 6 questions and you have 45 minutes. Two flight attendents will interview you. One must answer the situational questions by using the STAR format. They stress they want to hear the result. So if they ask you about a time you had a problem with another co-worker. What was the problem. What did you do. What was the result. They don't ask one question about why you want to work for Delta. Weakness, strengths etc.... It is all previous work related situations and how you handled it!

Good Luck! They interview about 50 at the same time! You will go into a room by yourself with two flight attendents to answer the questions. Don't be shocked when you walk in and see everyone wearing Navy and Black and about 50 people. Only 5 people got an offer the day I went. I heard that the day before the same thing happen. Only 4 people got a contigent offer. You will find out that day. They will call you in a room and call out a few names. Those are the ones that got the job.

The rest of the group will sit there and wait for about 5 minutes and then get the rejection speech.

79 months ago

Thanks You..

79 months ago

Is anyone who has been to the F2F care to share what these 6 interview questions are?

79 months ago

Also, does anyone have their F2F on the 18th?

TRIMD4TKOFF in nw subs chicago, Illinois

79 months ago

kathy in Gay, Georgia said: STAR is a very common interview technique. S means situation. T means Task. A means action. R is the result. They will review this with you. They will ask you 6 questions and you have 45 minutes. Two flight attendents will interview you. One must answer the situational questions by using the STAR format. They stress they want to hear the result. So if they ask you about a time you had a problem with another co-worker. What was the problem. What did you do. What was the result. They don't ask one question about why you want to work for Delta. Weakness, strengths etc.... It is all previous work related situations and how you handled it!

Good Luck! They interview about 50 at the same time! You will go into a room by yourself with two flight attendents to answer the questions. Don't be shocked when you walk in and see everyone wearing Navy and Black and about 50 people. Only 5 people got an offer the day I went. I heard that the day before the same thing happen. Only 4 people got a contigent offer. You will find out that day. They will call you in a room and call out a few names. Those are the ones that got the job.

The rest of the group will sit there and wait for about 5 minutes and then get the rejection speech.

It could be or not be a rejection speech? Your still in the running until you get the notice via emaail. Several people in that group have been called back with offers. FYI

Just wanted to clear that up. Your not rejected until you get the email. Some people have been waiting 8 weeks to hear back from the FTF. Good luck all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

kathy in Gay, Georgia said: STAR is a very common interview technique. S means situation. T means Task. A means action. R is the result. They will review this with you. They will ask you 6 questions and you have 45 minutes. Two flight attendents will interview you. One must answer the situational questions by using the STAR format. They stress they want to hear the result. So if they ask you about a time you had a problem with another co-worker. What was the problem. What did you do. What was the result. They don't ask one question about why you want to work for Delta. Weakness, strengths etc.... It is all previous work related situations and how you handled it!

Thanks Kathy!! Good to know, I want to prep as much as possible : )

Kathy in Gay, Georgia

79 months ago

In response to waiting for an email. That was not told to us. Basically, we were told that they could not offer us a job right now at Delta. The interview was scored. They took the highest scores. Those were the 5 that were offered the job.

The HR Manager spoke with us and thanked us. She did say we might get a phone call within the next 2-4 weeks if they find that they are not getting what they want. They will go back to the other interview scores. They might call us back. Most of us in the room thought that this was just to let us down easier? Maybe Maybe not.

I met someone there that had interviewed before and the same thing was told to her. She never heard back and that was 1 year ago.

You stated that you knew people waiting for an email for 8 weeks now. Most likely they will not get one. They are doing a new training class starting every Monday for the next 22 weeks with 90 in each class.

The ones that were picked went to do a drug test and measuring for uniforms. They were to start the class in three weeks!

If they really want you they will tell you that day! They are in a rush to keep the classess going and filled.

I would not count on waiting for a job offer via emal....

79 months ago

Kathy in Gay, Georgia said: In response to waiting for an email. That was not told to us. Basically, we were told that they could not offer us a job right now at Delta. The interview was scored. They took the highest scores. Those were the 5 that were offered the job.

The HR Manager spoke with us and thanked us. She did say we might get a phone call within the next 2-4 weeks if they find that they are not getting what they want. They will go back to the other interview scores. They might call us back. Most of us in the room thought that this was just to let us down easier? Maybe Maybe not.

I met someone there that had interviewed before and the same thing was told to her. She never heard back and that was 1 year ago.

You stated that you knew people waiting for an email for 8 weeks now. Most likely they will not get one. They are doing a new training class starting every Monday for the next 22 weeks with 90 in each class.

The ones that were picked went to do a drug test and measuring for uniforms. They were to start the class in three weeks!

If they really want you they will tell you that day! They are in a rush to keep the classess going and filled.

I would not count on waiting for a job offer via emal....

You will get a rejection email within 2 days of your FTF. If NOT you ARE still in the running until then. This is going by a VERY VERY reliable source. So, just trying to be real on here. Keeping the optimism up. There have been 2 people that were called after they were not picked the day of their FTF which goes to show what I'm saying is TRUE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

*********this was on another forum!!!**************

Re: Good News for Maybe Group!!!! [Re: hotbrazilianf/a]
#241158 - Mon Jan 14 2008 11:45 AM (208.126.5.2) Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Her interview was Dec 7th in Atl. They told her not a no--you will hear from us.
Then on Sat. Jan12 she recieved an email asking if she spoke French and to call them.

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

79 months ago

TRIMD4TKOFF in nw subs chicago, Illinois said: You will get a rejection email within 2 days of your FTF. If NOT you ARE still in the running until then. This is going by a VERY VERY reliable source. So, just trying to be real on here. Keeping the optimism up. There have been 2 people that were called after they were not picked the day of their FTF which goes to show what I'm saying is TRUE.

Thanks TRIM for keeping the hope alive for those people who are still waiting.

Kathy in Gay, Georgia

79 months ago

Well that is great news!Thanks for the information. I wonder why they are doing that? Do you know the reasoning?

I'm thinking maybe some people are not taking the job and they move down the list?

Has anyone out there had a F2F and got a rejection email?

79 months ago

Yes, I met a gal during MY ftf and she did get the rejection email 2 days later. She is in Orlando now for Jetblue training.

79 months ago

Yes, there is a "list". Those that scored HIGH and didn't get the good ol rejection letter are still in the running. If and when they call back they go down the list for availability. If you pass it up, then off to the next person on the list. Everyone moves on and may not be able just to drop everything to come to Delta for training. So, that's the list tidbit I got.

The reason as well they most likely keep "bench warmers" are for drop outs, don't pass the dot testing etc. They will want to fill the spots quick and not have to reinterview. They already know that they've scored high and would make a nice candidate.

Selin in Las Vegas, Nevada

79 months ago

I speak Turkish, If you interesting I willing to teach you some importand words like everyday you used.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Veronica in Chandler, Arizona

79 months ago

Selin in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I speak Turkish, If you interesting I willing to teach you some importand words like everyday you used.

Tomum - Okay (I know this not spelt correctly.)

Hi Selin,

I use to live in Ankara.. would love to refresh some turkish..

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

79 months ago

Kathy in Gay, Georgia said: Well that is great news!Thanks for the information. I wonder why they are doing that? Do you know the reasoning?

I'm thinking maybe some people are not taking the job and they move down the list?

Has anyone out there had a F2F and got a rejection email?

There are all types of reasons, bad background checks, failed drug tests or people declining offer. sometimes a life situation arises that you cannot take the offer.

Kathy in Gay, Georgia

79 months ago

Thank You!

lonzo in Duluth, Georgia

79 months ago

janvier,14 monday 2008

my wife received the same email after his first interview.once she saw the mail,she went through the online assessment.and now we wait for the next step which is the interview of 15 to 20 minute.she is a little bit stressed about the waiting cause it make 1 week.we always hope cause w think that my wife has skills te get this job (she speak english, french and spanish too)
ok guys thanks for ur help and God bless us!

Congratulations on your success in the first steps of the Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant Academy admissions process! We are very excited that you're interested in joining our team.

As we discussed on the phone, the next step will be for you to complete an online assessment.

To access the online assessment, you can either click here - Delta Assessment - or you can follow the instructions below:

1) Log back on to our recruitment web-site at www.delta.greatjob.net .

2) Select "Returning Candidates" on the left side of the page and log on using the reference number given to you by the recruiter on the phone, and your password.

3) Once you have logged on and selected your file, you will see a link to complete the online assessment.

This assessment should only take 15 to 20 minutes of your time, and please only start when you will have enough time to finish.

Also, if you have not yet done so, we will need for you to complete our online application form. This is in addition to the questions that you may have answered on the web-site at the beginning of the process. You can follow the same log-on instructions above to find the link for the online application or simply click on this link

Kathy in Gay, Georgia

79 months ago

Hi!

Good Luck! I did my assessment and it only took about 3 days to hear back. They need time to score it. If you pass you will need to do another phone interview! The language is a big plus! I hope she gets the job! Kathy

Mark in Levittown, New York

79 months ago

Delta are interviewing about 90 people a day, each day. They need approx 1500 new flight attendants an New York JFK airport. there are 2 interviews a day, 1 at 7.30am and the other at 12.30pm. As I was flying from New York I was put into the 12.30pm group.
The group itself is about 40-50 people, you are given a sticker when you first arrive. On that sticker at the bottom is a letter - A,B or C. I was in group C.
The afternoon started off with a presentation about Delta and about being a flight attendant. The Cabin Services Manager (Atlanta Based) will give a talk about the company and about where Delta stand financially. The presentation itself lasts about 45min to 1 hour. At the end of the presentation the Cabin Services Manager (lady) asks each person to stand up and tell the group about yourself and why you want to be a Delta flight attendant.
Once that is over, everybody goes outside in the main lounge area. The letter on your sticker now becomes apparent. I was in group c. Group A went to do interview, whilst Group B filled out application form and each person separately went into a room had photograph taken, then you had to seat into a seat and show you could strap yourself into an airline seat using a seat belt and finally Group B had to do a reach test where you had to reach up to a mock luggage bin to demonstrate you can reach up and grab emergency equipment from luggage bins. Group C went into a room with a trainer and the trainer answered questions on flight attendant training, pay, benefits, conditions and general life as a flight attendant. At the end you were given another presentation video to watch.
Each group takes turns to do everything, at the end of the day everybody meets in the presentation room - the trainers try to trick you and say there is another test to be done (however, there is not) - they read 5 names from a clipboard - these 5 names are taken into a room - these 5 names (one of which was me)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

79 months ago

Mark in Levittown, New York said: was offered a conditional job offer pending background check.

whilst everyone else was leaving, we went out of a separate door and the 5 of us were taken down to the reception area where we had to do a drug test and fingerprint sample.

Delta are doing training courses each week for the next 19 weeks - 1 training course is 90 people in total,split into 3 groups (30 people in each group)

It seems they take the best 4-5 from each interview and offer a conditional job on the spot. Now I also heard from one of the flight attendants who were conducting the interviews that they do also call a few people and offer some of the people a conditional offer too, just because some people left without being offered a job on the spot doesn't mean they didn't get the job! Any body has question splease feel free to email me - flutequeen20@hotmail.com

Great information without revealing to much. It should certainly help others with so many questions about the process. I had the exact experience you explained it great!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.