DELTA LOD Application Process 2013

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 290)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

juh21 in Crestview, Florida

25 months ago

Let's share the steps of the process here. My timeline:

Applied 01/5
1st and 2nd Interviews 01/07 => received the "Congratulations! You passed this interview..a senior recruiter.."
Waiting for my language test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

Applied 12/17
1st interview 12/17
2nd interview 12/19 ----> received: "Thank you, if there are any further questions a senior recruiter will contact you."
No language test received.
No TBNT email received.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hello fa in ., Kansas

25 months ago

juh21 in Crestview, Florida said: Let's share the steps of the process here. My timeline:

Applied 01/5
1st and 2nd Interviews 01/07 => received the "Congratulations! You passed this interview..a senior recruiter.."
Waiting for my language test

Can you also state what language

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

juh21 in Crestview, Florida

25 months ago

Hello fa in ., Kansas said: Can you also state what language

True! I am a Portuguese LOD applicant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Fresno, California

25 months ago

Applied 12/17 Hindi lod
12/18 both interviews
1/4 language test
Haven't received the - you have passed email as of tonight :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska said: Applied 12/17
1st interview 12/17
2nd interview 12/19 ----> received: "Thank you, if there are any further questions a senior recruiter will contact you."
No language test received.
No TBNT email received.

Portuguese LOD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

positivethinking in Emporia, Kansas

25 months ago

Almost the same as Ninearthworms..

Applied 12/17
Interviews 12/18.
He said I should expect an email from recruitment something something...
No language test or TBNT email yet

Portuguese LOD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ToLive in San Diego, California

25 months ago

@ Hello fa in ., Kansas: Which LOD are you? Referral or non referral?

@ Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska: I understood you are Portiguese, correct? Referral or non referral? Same question I have for: juh21 in Crestview, Florida and positivethinking in Emporia, Kansas. Referral or not since you guys are all Portiguese

I'm non Ref, Non LOD in Portiguese, and no F2F, Nothing yet!

OMG!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

positivethinking in Emporia, Kansas

25 months ago

Non Referral

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hello fa in ., Kansas

25 months ago

Am not LOD just curious. I noticed on the other board that some LOD seemed to be processed faster than other.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ToLive in San Diego, California

25 months ago

Hello fa in ., Kansas said: Am not LOD just curious. I noticed on the other board that some LOD seemed to be processed faster than other.

Are you referral?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

ToLive in San Diego, California said: @ Hello fa in ., Kansas: Which LOD are you? Referral or non referral?

@ Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska: I understood you are Portiguese, correct? Referral or non referral? Same question I have for: juh21 in Crestview, Florida and positivethinking in Emporia, Kansas. Referral or not since you guys are all Portiguese

I'm non Ref, Non LOD in Portiguese, and no F2F, Nothing yet!

OMG!

Hi ToLive!

No referral.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WSusieW in Oregon

25 months ago

Do you guys think that DL check your long background application before asking you to do the language test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

ToLive in San Diego, California said: Are you referral?

What I have notice, is that it happens "in chunks". A lot of people with similar start dates, are in a similar situation as one another. I also noticed that the LODs that applied later (late December and now), are being processed much faster than the applicants from the first week of the job posting.

The problem is, there are only a few of us on these forums compared to people that are not, we don't know what is happening with the majority of the the applicants.

On the other forum, there were a couple of French LODs that received TBNT, that was a good while ago. Nothing else from the French LODs. Recently, there has been some activity for the Hind and Mandarin LODs. I couple of Japanese LODs also went as far as language tests a while ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

WSusieW in Oregon said: Do you guys think that DL check your long background application before asking you to do the language test?

Yes, I believe that a senior recruiter go through your file before sending the LOD test. I believe once you have taken the test, and passed, you are golden! Just waiting for a FTF date.

This of course, is my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hello fa in ., Kansas

25 months ago

ToLive in San Diego, California said: Are you referral?

Nope low man on the totem pole....:-( I applied the first day open ..no phone interview...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska said: Yes, I believe that a senior recruiter go through your file before sending the LOD test. I believe once you have taken the test, and passed, you are golden! Just waiting for a FTF date.

This of course, is my opinion.

...also, I don't mean the background check. I heard that background checks are not done until you get a CJO, which to me it makes a lot of sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Oblscbc in Lake Alfred, Florida

25 months ago

.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

juh21 in Crestview, Florida

25 months ago

ToLive in San Diego, California said: @ Hello fa in ., Kansas: Which LOD are you? Referral or non referral?

@ Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska: I understood you are Portiguese, correct? Referral or non referral? Same question I have for: juh21 in Crestview, Florida and positivethinking in Emporia, Kansas. Referral or not since you guys are all Portiguese

I'm non Ref, Non LOD in Portiguese, and no F2F, Nothing yet!

OMG![/QUOTE

Non referral.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

juh21 in Crestview, Florida

25 months ago

Hello fa in ., Kansas said: Am not LOD just curious. I noticed on the other board that some LOD seemed to be processed faster than other.

That's true. They are processing the LODs first. And someone here said about things working faster for those who applied in Late DEC/JAN. SO TRUE! Some people already got the TBNT or the language test + the result

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Krystel_pr

25 months ago

Hey folks I am from the non lod forum but I just thought I would drop by and let u guys know a non lod with a referral got the face to face invite phone call today! She is going jan 31st. Her staus still says under review and she applied 12/12 :) the time has come folks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

Krystel_pr said: Hey folks I am from the non lod forum but I just thought I would drop by and let u guys know a non lod with a referral got the face to face invite phone call today! She is going jan 31st. Her staus still says under review and she applied 12/12 :) the time has come folks!

Yes, I saw that. Honestly, I still don't know if it is true or not. It seems I little suspect that someone that has not participated before just showed up to make that announcement, especially when someone also claimed it to be a hoax. Besides, my understanding is that they are processing the LODs first. Anyway, I hope it is true (although it does not look like it)...we will know as the day progress.

Thanks for the heads up!

Good luck! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

positivethinking in Springfield, Missouri

25 months ago

any portuguese testing today?? the wait is killing me here!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

Krystel_pr said: Hey folks I am from the non lod forum but I just thought I would drop by and let u guys know a non lod with a referral got the face to face invite phone call today! She is going jan 31st. Her staus still says under review and she applied 12/12 :) the time has come folks!

Krystel that's Debbie messing up with you. Nobody has got calls yet. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

juh21 in Crestview, Florida

25 months ago

positivethinking in Springfield, Missouri said: any portuguese testing today?? the wait is killing me here!!!

Not me. But no tbnt either! Still waiting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

juh21 in Crestview, Florida

25 months ago

California girl in Richmond, California said: Krystel that's Debbie messing up with you. Nobody has got calls yet. Thanks

I really doubt the person who said she got the f2f really did. They are still calling people(and hello? she said she was a non-lod - we all know that they are starting with lods first) I don't believe delta would start scheduling f2f before go through all the applicants first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

juh21 in Crestview, Florida said: I really doubt the person who said she got the f2f really did. They are still calling people(and hello? she said she was a non-lod - we all know that they are starting with lods first) I don't believe delta would start scheduling f2f before go through all the applicants first.

Debbie is always playing pranks. Lods will be contacted first :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

Ok everybody I've asked this many times but do u know if the second language test after f2f is written or just oral ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

juh21 in Crestview, Florida

25 months ago

California girl in Richmond, California said: Ok everybody I've asked this many times but do u know if the second language test after f2f is written or just oral ?

This is a great question! I'm off to find the answer! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jim in Rosemead, California

25 months ago

more LOD comments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

California girl in Richmond, California said: Ok everybody I've asked this many times but do u know if the second language test after f2f is written or just oral ?

This is information given to me by a couple acquaintances who are Delta LODs. Two of them had to read an excerpt to the examiner. The language test was done over the phone a few days after receiving the CJO at F2F. If one did not pass the test, then the CJO would be revoked. One of these persons told me that at their training, a couple people (who had already passed the language test) were asked to leave because their language ability was deemed to be insufficient. Another person I know, who is a more recent hire, only had to do the oral part. I believe they said it was done right at the F2F whilst being supervised by Delta personnel to make sure there was no cheating going on. None were language tested prior to FTF.

There is more info on this topic in the 2013 forum. I think someone said that reading/writing was no longer a part of the exam in recent years. However given that people weren't always language tested prior to F2F, it seems that they might do things a bit differently each time. The only sure thing is we will know once peeps start getting CJOs. I know...not the most helpful answer. Anyways hope this helps. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

California girl in Richmond, California said: Ok everybody I've asked this many times but do u know if the second language test after f2f is written or just oral ?

A simple google search yielded this, but I don't have time to read through it now. Maybe your answer lies within!

www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/3-4-2-3-7-2-0/

*when you copy and paste the link, delete all the dashes in the last number sequence. when i tried to paste it, the forum thought i was trying to post a phone number, which is apparently forbidden. gotta improvise. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

positivethinking in Springfield, Missouri

25 months ago

I heard that it is oral, with someone that speaks the language, to make sure that it was you on the phone and that you can actually speak the language.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida said: This is information given to me by a couple acquaintances who are Delta LODs. Two of them had to read an excerpt to the examiner. The language test was done over the phone a few days after receiving the CJO at F2F. If one did not pass the test, then the CJO would be revoked. One of these persons told me that at their training, a couple people (who had already passed the language test) were asked to leave because their language ability was deemed to be insufficient. Another person I know, who is a more recent hire, only had to do the oral part. I believe they said it was done right at the F2F whilst being supervised by Delta personnel to make sure there was no cheating going on. None were language tested prior to FTF.

There is more info on this topic in the 2013 forum. I think someone said that reading/writing was no longer a part of the exam in recent years. However given that people weren't always language tested prior to F2F, it seems that they might do things a bit differently each time. The only sure thing is we will know once peeps start getting CJOs. I know...not the most helpful answer. Anyways hope this helps. :)

Sure does!!! I better start brushing my reading skills :)) Always expect the unexpected right ? Thankyou so much again. I'm still waiting to hear if I passed my Lang test. They're taking their time n that's good I think!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

positivethinking in Springfield, Missouri said: I heard that it is oral, with someone that speaks the language, to make sure that it was you on the phone and that you can actually speak the language.

Oh that will be good!!! I'm just nervous abt reading .., I can talk n talk :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

California girl in Richmond, California said: Sure does!!! I better start brushing my reading skills :)) Always expect the unexpected right ? Thankyou so much again. I'm still waiting to hear if I passed my Lang test. They're taking their time n that's good I think!!

All the people I know were hired prior to 2010, so don't thank me yet as maybe things have changed since then. If you can read, then surely you can practice writing a little bit too. Who cares if your script is sloppy? ;)

I was browsing the JetBlue forum and someone said that they had to write a paragraph during their language test. Did they do reading/writing testing at your previous airline?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida said: A simple google search yielded this, but I don't have time to read through it now. Maybe your answer lies within!

www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/3-4-2-3-7-2-0/

*when you copy and paste the link, delete all the dashes in the last number sequence. when i tried to paste it, the forum thought i was trying to post a phone number, which is apparently forbidden. gotta improvise. ;)

Hi
Did u do yr language test yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida said: All the people I know were hired prior to 2010, so don't thank me yet as maybe things have changed since then. If you can read, then surely you can practice writing a little bit too. Who cares if your script is sloppy? ;)

I was browsing the JetBlue forum and someone said that they had to write a paragraph during their language test. Did they do reading/writing testing at your previous airline?

Nope they didn't. We had to speak the language. Our announcements were written in both Hindi n English so it was easy. I'm not good at writing. Grammar is awful. But will start practicing once I hear I passed my Lang test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

California girl in Richmond, California said: Hi
Did u do yr language test yet?

Not yet, but I applied a couple weeks after you. Things seemed to have slowed down, and it's been a few days since we have seen reports of language tests and/or results emails. But since there have been reports of LODs receiving TBNT emails after passing phone interviews, I think it is fair to assume that HR reps are indeed reviewing applications and keeping the process in motion. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing!

I don't personally know anyone else who has applied LOD this time, just non-LOD and honestly I don't really know if they have even had their phone interview yet. So as far as where they are with LOD processing, the only thing I have for reference are the people who post in this forum. I know we are only a very small slice of the overall applicant pool, but I think to some degree it probably does reflect the process as a whole. If anything, I would say that most people who frequent these forums would have more success in the initial phone interviews due to having researched questions and such online - as opposed to someone who just randomly applies on a whim and is generally unfamiliar with the industry and process.

As far as your test results go, I'm sure that they are fine and that they are just backed up on or are tabling reviewing. Since you were previously employed as a speaker, obviously you speak just fine. There is no reason for you to worry that you didn't pass. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida said: Not yet, but I applied a couple weeks after you. Things seemed to have slowed down, and it's been a few days since we have seen reports of language tests and/or results emails. But since there have been reports of LODs receiving TBNT emails after passing phone interviews, I think it is fair to assume that HR reps are indeed reviewing applications and keeping the process in motion. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing!

I don't personally know anyone else who has applied LOD this time, just non-LOD and honestly I don't really know if they have even had their phone interview yet. So as far as where they are with LOD processing, the only thing I have for reference are the people who post in this forum. I know we are only a very small slice of the overall applicant pool, but I think to some degree it probably does reflect the process as a whole. If anything, I would say that most people who frequent these forums would have more success in the initial phone interviews due to having researched questions and such online - as opposed to someone who just randomly applies on a whim and is generally unfamiliar with the industry and process.

As far as your test results go, I'm sure that they are fine and that they are just backed up on or are tabling reviewing. Since you were previously employed as a speaker, obviously you speak just fine. There is no reason for you to worry that you didn't pass. :)

Yup true, I just get nervous when I hear other Lods got their Lang test result. I'm. Like did I fail lol.
Did u apply in Hindi too?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

California girl in Richmond, California said: Yup true, I just get nervous when I hear other Lods got their Lang test result. I'm. Like did I fail lol.
Did u apply in Hindi too?

Yes. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Elk Grove, California

25 months ago

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida said: Yes. :)

K cool. Let's hope we hear something soon. Funny my location keeps on changing in this forum

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

California girl in Elk Grove, California said: K cool. Let's hope we hear something soon. Funny my location keeps on changing in this forum

Hey, at least they got your state right! You should feel very proud to have made it as far as you have thus far. Regardless of what happens with my application, at the the very least, I feel fortunate to be able to learn from people like you who have industry insight and experience. If things don't work out for me this time around, I'll take what I've learned and hope for better luck next time around. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Elk Grove, California

25 months ago

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida said: Hey, at least they got your state right! You should feel very proud to have made it as far as you have thus far. Regardless of what happens with my application, at the the very least, I feel fortunate to be able to learn from people like you who have industry insight and experience. If things don't work out for me this time around, I'll take what I've learned and hope for better luck next time around. :)

Great attitude !! I almost made it to united but screwed up in the final round. I sure did learn from my mistakes n more better prepared for DL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon2BeFA in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

California girl in Elk Grove, California said: Great attitude !! I almost made it to united but screwed up in the final round. I sure did learn from my mistakes n more better prepared for DL

As a member of the flying public, I have learned that a flight attendant must have a great attitude to succeed in their career. Even though I'm not a flight attendant yet, I try to embrace the great attitude thing. :)

Sorry about the United interview. I've heard their hiring process is similar to DL but that their F2Fs are much larger with more people. Where do you think you went wrong?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Professora in Playa Del Rey, California

25 months ago

Hi, I'm new here!

Just sharing my process:
* 01/10 -- Aplied - regular application online, assessment test, received 1st email (congrats, bla bla)
* 01/11 -- received email, did the long long application online, received 2nd email (please be patient, thank you, bla bla)
* 01/14 -- they called in the morning, I couldn't answer, I called back at 2pm, did the interview ("Thank you, if there are any further questions a senior recruiter will contact you.")

Now, waiting!!!
No referral
LOD Portuguese

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

positivethinking in Springfield, Missouri said: any portuguese testing today?? the wait is killing me here!!!

Nope. :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

Folks, I would like your opinion:

Do you believe the FTFs will still happen this month?

Does anyone with a Delta connection know anything about that? How many dates do they usually set up for interviews? Days, weeks, months, until just before training?

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

positivethinking in Springfield, Missouri

25 months ago

I really have no idea of what to expect next.. It just seen that they didn't send many, or any, Portuguese testings... again, we are a small portion of the applicants here...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

25 months ago

positivethinking in Springfield, Missouri said: I really have no idea of what to expect next.. It just seen that they didn't send many, or any, Portuguese testings... again, we are a small portion of the applicants here...

I haven't seen a single one on these forums either!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.