DELTA READY RESERVE-Airports

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 148)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Alex22 in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

Hello all, I just found this cool website a couple of days ago when I was trying to find out info about DL ready reserve. I applied for Delta Ready Reserve-LAX last week. I would like to create this discussion board for all you who have information to share or/and applied a different stations.Lets share are experience to the road to be hired and be part of DELTA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Hi Amill, I may have a ton of questions...LOL.. I work for an Airline at LAX but would love to move and work for DELTA. Anything that you would like to share about your job. How long have you been RR? Do you have oppurtunity to become a regular DL Agent??? anything that you could share will be great

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

amill in Grayson, Georgia

55 months ago

Alex22 in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Amill, I may have a ton of questions...LOL.. I work for an Airline at LAX but would love to move and work for DELTA. Anything that you would like to share about your job. How long have you been RR? Do you have oppurtunity to become a regular DL Agent??? anything that you could share will be great

Usually delta hires you in as RR to cut cost meaning ur not given medical ben. the wait for full time depends on your dept im in cargo its about a years wait I hear! You can put in to bid for other jobs within the company rather than wait which is what im doing and you have a max hours to work within the year basically high volume times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flyer in Newport News, Virginia

55 months ago

I applied recently and just passed the assessment and now I am waiting for my phone interview.I am so excited.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Hi there flyer, how did u know you passed the assesment?I applied and then took the assesment, but no news... does that mean I failed it...LOL

Sunni in west palm beach, Florida

55 months ago

:-)

55 months ago

Well when you finished did you see "congratulations from Delta Air?You have been sucessful up to this point.A recruiter will be in contact with you shortly. Again ,congratulations on your success thus far!"

55 months ago

Ohhh, yeah... I forgot about that...LOL... For second I thought you received an email! yes true I received the same message now that I think about. I am just so anxious, I would really like to be part of the DELTA family.

Amir, thanks for the info...

55 months ago

Me too I want to make being a part of Delta my career.

55 months ago

I actually just checked the site and the position I applied for has been pulled and I am still under review.Hoping for the best.

55 months ago

Same here, now playing the waiting game...

55 months ago

I have a friend that knows someone who already does this position and they like it plus on a different forum I read on that someone else was hired for the position and although they had a long wait they posted it was well worth it.That makes me that much more excited about Delta.

55 months ago

Coool, I will post whatever info I get from DELTA (peoplescout)

55 months ago

What is people scout ?alex22

55 months ago

I believe thats their HR personel... I think I read it in a different post

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Oh okay good to know still haven't heard anything yet though have you?Alex22 If not this week I hope I hear something next week the customer service industry is the only industry I have ever be in this would perfect for me.

alex22

55 months ago

Cool at least we have created our own support group...lol. what airport did u put in for... I'm glued to my cell waiting for the call

55 months ago

Yeah I can't lie I have my phone near me as well. I applied to the ond in norfolk,va. All we have is two interviews(Phone interview and face to face) and we will be exactly where we want to be. I may be coming off over confident but I believe strongly that if you want positive things to happen you speak it.

55 months ago

Oh yeah its official we are the Delta support group lol:)Sorry for the grammer errors.Question have you read some of the other forums I did and a tip I gained was get the flight attendant book by Kiki ward. I think it gives insight to the interview.

55 months ago

So is everyone on here applying for ticket counter/csa

55 months ago

Amill:I am applying for ticket counter/csa and I believe its the same for everyone else.Alex22:Yeah we will know for sure when we have our phone interviews.I am trying to think of mock interview questions to prepare just to be as ready as I can.

55 months ago

I hope everyone gets hired.Have a good night everyone.

Rubybaby in San Diego, California

55 months ago

What exactly is the ready reserve position? From what I've read, it seems to be a CSA/ticket counter position, but is it on an on-call basis? What is the pay, and what are the flight benefits? Is this a part-time position? What is training like? Any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Technically its work when they need but its not like a on call like the flight attendant positions basically i dont choose when I work ! Its PT without vaca medical ben. but you get to fly and can always transition to full time. and many positions are ready reservew i am in cargo cause thats all they were hiring for at that time. pay is usually the same if not higher cause u get no benefits i think csa is 10/hr depends on your loca. hope this helps

55 months ago

@flyer are you applying for IAD.. Funny thing I applied for Southwest Airlines 3 days ago, got a call for phone interview but told them to call me back later... but they didn't.. :( ... they are hiring for IAD

55 months ago

amill in Grayson, Georgia said: Technically its work when they need but its not like a on call like the flight attendant positions basically i dont choose when I work ! Its PT without vaca medical ben. but you get to fly and can always transition to full time. and many positions are ready reservew i am in cargo cause thats all they were hiring for at that time. pay is usually the same if not higher cause u get no benefits i think csa is 10/hr depends on your loca. hope this helps

Thanks for the info amill!

55 months ago

Just passed the assessment. We'll see what happens...

JET-nyc in Manhattan

55 months ago

There are older Ready Reserve forums like this one.

55 months ago

@Rubybaby Congrats, now join us in the waiting game... lol

@JET, where... lol ... I guess this one is the middle of 2010 one. Whe have Flyer, Rubybaby and myself

Too fly girl in Newport News, Virginia

55 months ago

Rubybaby glad you passed your assessment:)
Alex22: I didn't apply for the position in IAD cause it 3hours away from me without traffic and a little over 4 hours with traffic.Thanks for telling me about Southwest though I appreciate it but its just to far out.Another airline Air Tran opened a customer service agent/ramp agent position in my area though which is PHF is its 15 minutes away. Then the Delta position I applied ready reserve customer service agent is in ORF which is 30 minutes away from me.Check Air Tran in see if their hiring for your area.Good to hear from you :)
Jet-nyc welcome to the forum

JET-nyc in Manhattan

55 months ago

Alex22 in Los Angeles, California said: @Rubybaby Congrats, now join us in the waiting game... lol

@JET, where... lol ... I guess this one is the middle of 2010 one. Whe have Flyer, Rubybaby and myself

Its below
Customer Service Agent: Gate/Ticket - Ready Reserve

JET-nyc in Manhattan

55 months ago

Too fly girl in Newport News, Virginia said: Rubybaby glad you passed your assessment:)
Alex22: I didn't apply for the position in IAD cause it 3hours away from me without traffic and a little over 4 hours with traffic.Thanks for telling me about Southwest though I appreciate it but its just to far out.Another airline Air Tran opened a customer service agent/ramp agent position in my area though which is PHF is its 15 minutes away. Then the Delta position I applied ready reserve customer service agent is in ORF which is 30 minutes away from me.Check Air Tran in see if their hiring for your area.Good to hear from you :)
Jet-nyc welcome to the forum

Ok thnks

I've been through tht interviews but didnt get hired

55 months ago

thanks jet for the 411

Flyer in Newport News, Virginia

54 months ago

Hello to all had my phone interview.My advice would be if you want this job go get meaning you know that number that shows for return users call that number and talk to a recruiter so you can get your phone interview done.In my area no face to face interviews were available yet but I was offered one whenever they become available again and will be contacted.Just keeping everyone posted wish everyone well and hope your days have been joyful.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

54 months ago

A BIG problem is that they advertise the jobs but it seems that once
the fone interview is finished you can't get a FF..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

JET-nyc It depends on the airline with the response time. I have actually applied to 4 other airlines 1 being major and the others being regional. I have a face to face interview tomorrow after having my phone interview just today. I was informed they are doing training for people every two weeks and haven't hired in a while which is the reason for the frequent training.By the way my interview is with a regional career.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

54 months ago

Too fly girl in Newport News, Virginia said: JET-nyc It depends on the airline with the response time. I have actually applied to 4 other airlines 1 being major and the others being regional. I have a face to face interview tomorrow after having my phone interview just today. I was informed they are doing training for people every two weeks and haven't hired in a while which is the reason for the frequent training.By the way my interview is with a regional career.

Consider yurslf lucky. Lots of pple are having getting FF.

54 months ago

Hey everyone does no one say anything on here anymore??Will had my interview and received my rejection letter it hurt but I am already over it.Have another face 2 face with a different airline next week.Happy about that!!!I hope for the best for everyone it's hard out hear and no one will be happier than me when the economy changes

usedtofly in Jupiter, Florida

54 months ago

Alex22 in Los Angeles, California said: @flyer are you applying for IAD.. Funny thing I applied for Southwest Airlines 3 days ago, got a call for phone interview but told them to call me back later... but they didn't.. :( ... they are hiring for IAD

They are? I just checked their website recently and didn't see any openings. Hmmmmm. I'll have to look again. lol

54 months ago

usedtofly in Jupiter, Florida said: They are? I just checked their website recently and didn't see any openings. Hmmmmm. I'll have to look again. lol

Hi usedtofly, yeah when I posted they were hiring for IAD... I just got the email WN that i did not make it... lol...

*** Has anyone had any luck with Delta... seems everyone gets the same response of no interviews in the area

Too fly girl

54 months ago

Alex 22 Actually called recruiter from delta yesterday and still no interviews available

Yuriy-Denver in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

Hello to everyone.
Have been looking for opening at Delta last week - and there is RR position for Baggage handler in Denver. So, desided to try this position , make my application on-line, get message that " i'm required to call back during 24 hours "
Next day i/m calling back, talk with hiring agency ( they out of Chicago ) - and she says that tomorrow someone from Delta human resources will call me.
Next day another lady call me back - conversation take about 35-40 minut. At the end of conversation she says that she will process my records to one of seniour supervisor , and after they revue my info - then someone from them call me back.
That is all for now - i'm waiting for Monday , hope they call.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

54 months ago

ALEX 22, did you apply @ WN for a CSR position?

alex22 in Yorba Linda, California

54 months ago

I did but I didn't get the job

JET-nyc in Manhattan

54 months ago

alex22 in Yorba Linda, California said: I did but I didn't get the job

What reply did yu receive frome WN?

54 months ago

I have a feeling this is the week will hear something great.Thats my prediction and I am sticking with it. I refuse to be negative but I promise to always to positive for everyone on this forum.Delta is looking for ready reserve in IAD.

54 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: What reply did yu receive frome WN?

Thank you for your interest in employment with Southwest Airlines. We enjoyed speaking with you.

Most of the positions for which we recruit are extremely competitive, and we typically have many interested and qualified Candidates. The position for which you applied is no exception. After extensive consideration of your resume and information, unfortunately, you are not recommended to continue to the next phase of our process.

We recognize this is disappointing news for you. However, you are welcome to apply for other open positions within Southwest Airlines by visiting our Careers webpage on southwest.com. If you do not see a specific posting of interest, check out our Job Alert tool, which will alert you when a posting becomes available.

Thank you again for your interest in Southwest Airlines, and we wish you success in your career search

JET-nyc in Manhattan

54 months ago

To Alex 22
We thank you for your interest with Southwest Airlines. We consider it a real compliment and greatly appreciate your time and effort.

Based upon your response to the questions attached to the opening, we regret to inform you that you are not a competitive candidate for the position at this time. Please continue to check the career section on www.southwest.com for future openings that may match your interest and skills.

Also, this letter refers only to the position listed in the subject line, as separate decisions are made regarding each position for which a Candidate expresses interest. If you have applied for other Southwest Airlines jobs, you will receive separate notification once those decisions are made.

We wish you the very best in your career search and once again, thank you for your interest in Southwest Airlines.

There was a question regarding have you worked for airline and I said no, that was the only no question that I know of.

54 months ago

I have 4+ years and currently working for an airline, and did not get the position... LOL..

54 months ago

WN- IAD is hiring again!!!

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.