DELTA READY RESERVE-Airports

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 148 of 148)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Lbsurf in Freeport, New York

53 months ago

what is the number for the recruiters line???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

Lbsurf in Freeport, New York said: what is the number for the recruiters line???

eight seven seven-two eight eight-four four seven three

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LV2wins in Pearl City, Hawaii

53 months ago

Looks like I'm the only one from Hawaii on here so far, but here's my situation. I'll try to keep it short. Don't know if its the same situation for everyone else out there in the states. Hope this helps. :)
08/01/2010-Applied for RR CSR at HNL (online)
-online assessment completed.
08/04/2010-an 'Urgent' email was sent asking for me to upload a resume. *Done within that hour*

**Up until today, I checked my status everyday and it still says 'Under Review' and I received no call. So after reading everyone's post, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to call the number to see where my application was at. Well I did and I got a phone interview. 3 questions were asked; 1) Why did I leave my last 2 jobs 2) What makes me a good candidate for this position? and 3) Give an example of a stressful situation in which I handled. After this she said congratulations. Then she told me to wait while she checks to see F2F interviews in my area. Unfortunately none were available, so I was told someone will contact me. I don't know if I believe this or not, because I was told someone will contact me after I submitted my resume, but in turn I had to call ( which I'm glad I did. They don't give you this option). Is it true that someone will contact me for a F2F? or should I just keep calling? I'd hate to be a pest, but it just shows how much I want this position and I don't intend to give up easily either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flyguy2005 in Raleigh, North Carolina

53 months ago

No, keep calling. They WILL eventually get to you but it may be at your loss. By the time they do call you, 10 other people may have already called checking up on open interview slots and got them. Now there are 10 people in front of your that already interview; know what I mean. Trust me, they don't care about you calling. There's a reason why DL's employment center is open from 7am - 11pm central. They know they have a lot of people they have to get through to and a lot of jobs to take care of.

Here's my story, hope it works for you:

Did the app and was immediately emailed stating to call the -1.877 # within 24hrs. Called that night and it was for their first phone interview (there are two). I passed it and she scheduled me for the second with a senior recruiter. Did the second one, was about about 15 mins long. Passed it and was told they want to do a F2F but nothing as available. I was actually informed to keep trying back to see if something was open. I called back 3 days later and they had a slot for the following Tuesday. That will be tomorrow!!!

This is for ATL Ramp RR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lbsurf in Baldwin, New York

53 months ago

I applied 1 month ago and never got a call or email and I called the 1877 number twice during that month and asked them about the phone interview, because I heard that you have to call to get the fone interview and they said that they would call me if any additional info is required. What does that mean?? any info helps

LV2wins in Pearl City, Hawaii

53 months ago

Flyguy2005 in Raleigh, North Carolina said: No, keep calling. They WILL eventually get to you but it may be at your loss. By the time they do call you, 10 other people may have already called checking up on open interview slots and got them. Now there are 10 people in front of your that already interview; know what I mean. Trust me, they don't care about you calling. There's a reason why DL's employment center is open from 7am - 11pm central. They know they have a lot of people they have to get through to and a lot of jobs to take care of.

Here's my story, hope it works for you:

Did the app and was immediately emailed stating to call the -1.877 # within 24hrs. Called that night and it was for their first phone interview (there are two). I passed it and she scheduled me for the second with a senior recruiter. Did the second one, was about about 15 mins long. Passed it and was told they want to do a F2F but nothing as available. I was actually informed to keep trying back to see if something was open. I called back 3 days later and they had a slot for the following Tuesday. That will be tomorrow!!!

This is for ATL Ramp RR.

Wow I never had a 2nd interview on the phone. And thanks. I will call today to see if there are openings for F2F interviews. Good Luck! THanks!

Yuriy-Denver in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

Chris Norman & Suzy Quattro - Stumblin` In

kcatl in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

My entire hireing process took less than 1 month. My mom's x send my referal in..same day got phone interview.....1 weeks later f2f.. 1 weeks later I start training. Can't wait to start. Wondering how long after training, do I have to wait to start flying. Suggestion: Get a good referal with at least 5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ME NYC in Elk Grove, California

52 months ago

Does anyone here know if you can get a F/A job with a DWI conviction?

nene in Las Vegas, Nevada

51 months ago

Did anyone aplied for las Vegas?

missneek00 in Baltimore, Maryland

51 months ago

Hi everyone
I also applied for the csa ready reserve position @ BWI about 3 months ago. I just checked the website again and the position is no longer there but it says that my application is still under review. Does that mean that the position is already filled? I also did the 1st phone int. but not the second. Should I call the 877 number too? Does anybody know if there is a training process and if so, is it out of state and for how long?
Thanks

Inquiring Mind in Lithonia, Georgia

50 months ago

Does Anyone know what is the CSA/Ticketing Agent Ready Reserve interview is like? What to expect?
Thanks

JET-nyc in Manhattan

50 months ago

Inquiring Mind in Lithonia, Georgia said: Does Anyone know what is the CSA/Ticketing Agent Ready Reserve interview is like? What to expect?
Thanks

l hear that some pple had a realative short interview, for me its was 45mins. They just ask many questions of which l dnt rembr..

nlitehiser in Mableton, Georgia

48 months ago

amill in Grayson, Georgia said: Im ready reserve in Atl What did you want to know???

how can i re-apply for the job.. it says i'm not competitive. i was going to wait till march of 2011 to do so

JET-nyc in Manhattan

48 months ago

nlitehiser in Mableton, Georgia said: how can i re-apply for the job.. it says i'm not competitive. i was going to wait till march of 2011 to do so

You have to wait until thrs jobs are available, then reapply.

Nadia in Peoria, Illinois

47 months ago

Hi everyone, I have been reading about all comments. thanks and its really help.
I applied for ReadyReserve in Sandiego. They had an opening on 1/18/2011. Untill now I havent get phone call neither email. My status still showing under review. is anyone know if the job already fill in? I never get an assesment from them. I vee been using Deltaterm for over 8yrs,and Im under delta flying benefits. I need to move to Sandiego area for good. currently i work for delta connection.But will be nice to work for Main Delta. Please HELP me anyone..TY

JET-nyc in Manhattan

47 months ago

Nadia in Peoria, Illinois said: Hi everyone, I have been reading about all comments. thanks and its really help.
I applied for ReadyReserve in Sandiego. They had an opening on 1/18/2011. Untill now I havent get phone call neither email. My status still showing under review. is anyone know if the job already fill in? I never get an assesment from them. I vee been using Deltaterm for over 8yrs,and Im under delta flying benefits. I need to move to Sandiego area for good. currently i work for delta connection.But will be nice to work for Main Delta. Please HELP me anyone..TY

You can call the number below see if they can help you.

one-eight seven seven-two eight eight-four four seven three

kmarie in Sacramento, California

41 months ago

so i got a call from delta but they called me from a blocked number and my phone automatically sends it to voice mail..anywho i was wondering if i get the job where do most of the ready reserve ticketing and gate agents go for training?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

41 months ago

kmarie in Sacramento, California said: so i got a call from delta but they called me from a blocked number and my phone automatically sends it to voice mail..anywho i was wondering if i get the job where do most of the ready reserve ticketing and gate agents go for training?

@ Kmarie: Its poss in yur own home city, if not then ATL..

titan1971 in Clarksville, Tennessee

41 months ago

I used to work for Delta Airlines in Dallas,Tx. for 7 yrs and now I recently applied for a ticket agent at the nashville airport since I moved back home. I passed the assement, my phone interview, and filled out the rest of my application. I'm hoping good things. Would love to go full time regular.

missneek in Baltimore, Maryland

40 months ago

Does anybody know what the F2F interview is like for the RR position. Such as what kind of questions are asked and what they expect? What is the training like and is it during the day or evenings or train on the job?

Av8her in Long Beach, California

40 months ago

Does anyone have experience at LAX and their interview process? I go in for a face to face Aug. 16th. What kinds of questions do they ask?

Av8her in Long Beach, California

40 months ago

My experience thus far; I applied for Delta Ready Reserve at LAX International Airport via the online process.

Submitted Application: Aug. 5th, 2011
Phone call from an Unknown #: Aug. 8th, 2011 (recruiter)
Phone call from unknown #: Aug. 13th (Philip from Delta HR)
Face to Face interview scheduled for Aug. 16th, 2011 at 110 S. La Brea in LA. (I will let you know how it goes!)

Over all a very fast process...

Some (not all) question that by the recruiter;
*How long would you work for Delta?
*What makes you a good candidate for Delta Airlines?
*You are in the public eye a lot, (little fuzzy) what is acceptable behavior?
*Why did you leave your last job?
*Tell me about a typical day at your last job.
*In your last job, how often were you late to work?
*In your last job, how often did you call in sick?
*Do you like change? How much change do you like?
*What is the perfect work environment for you?
*What is the worst work environment for you?
*(Fuzzy) They asked me a question about safety and what it means to me.
*Tell me about a time you had difficulty with a coworker and how did you resolve it. (something along that line)
*In your opinion, what makes a good supervisor?
*In your opinion, what make a bad supervisor?

If I can think of anything else, I will post it up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MC in Saint Paul, Minnesota

39 months ago

Is Ready Reserve "On call"? Does it have the same flight privileges as full-time? Can you work just weekends? Any other advice? I have a F2F this Friday. THX!

girlonthego

39 months ago

MC, are you interviewing for the customer service ready reserve or the ramp?

MC in Saint Paul, Minnesota

39 months ago

girlonthego said: MC, are you interviewing for the customer service ready reserve or the ramp?

Ramp.

747_Upper_Deck in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

38 months ago

Ok, been a long time lurker on here, as I've muddled my way trying to transition from another carrier to Delta. I applied for a few Ready Reserve positions and each time, I successfully managed to get a F2F with the hiring manager. Here's how my process worked. Similar to what others have already posted, People Scout is quick to call and do an initial phone interview...nothing difficult - just a few scenario questions: How long do you plan to work for Delta; a few customer service questions (describe a time when...how did you handle it...). If the agent feels confident in you and your responses, you should be told "congratulations, you're being moved to the next phase in the hiring process. A senior recruiter will be in touch with you soon." (I wasn't given a time/date for a F2F for any of these positions; what followed was a second phone call, which was way more in depth..lasting approximately 30 minutes.) Again, just be yourself and answer/reply in a positive attitude the best you can and you should be fine. From there, I was told the "congratulatory message" and within a few days, I received a few more calls for each of the respective positions I applied for, scheduling me for a F2F. I just had one F2F and have another one for a different position at a different airport later this week.
My F2F was somewhat of a formality. I'm pretty much a confident person and know how to interview. I have experience in the airline industry and the hiring manager focused on that at first. The manager moved on to the benefits offered to a R/R...which, as you should know by now, are only flight benefits and profit sharing. We shot the breeze for about 30 minutes, which I thought was part of the interview...it wasn't. The mgr had about 5 questions that was asked. "Why do you think you're a good fit here?" "Tell me a time when....and how did you handle it?" (something about observing a safety issue) and just a few more very simple questions..nothing too difficult. (continued)

Reserve C-130 in East LA, California

38 months ago

I, too, had an interview for the ready reserve program. The manager said they work their R/R employees the maximum hours allowed per year (1300), broken down to 5 days a week, 5 hours a day. I have a full-time job already WITH benefits and at a much higher salary. I made it clear one cannot expect to live on R/R pay of 1300 hours/year at $10.82/hour, that most people need a job with benefits to get by. I thought the R/R program was "flexible schedules to accomodate...."? I asked about the "seasonal employee" benefits. I was told this station allowed flight benefits after the season is up; however, if you're called to help out during a busy time of the year and you decline, you're gone." So hope that answers a lot of questions some of you may have. I really want to be in Delta's R/R program but the "flexibility with schedules" is a bunch of crap. You're expected to be available "for any shift you may be needed", as you bid by seniority and are not assigned a shift. So, regardless if you have a day job and can only work nights with this "flexible R/R program" don't have your hopes high. Most people need health insurance for their family and a decent paying job with retirement benefits. The R/R program would be a great way to supplement income and to travel but that would basically have to be your "primary" job and work outside employment based on your 6-month schedule bid. If you're flexible, can live off $13,000 year, need no health/medical insurance, no retirement, the R/R program may be the program for you; otherwise I hope to find a station that can truly work with those of us who have day jobs with benefits .

missneek00 in Baltimore, Maryland

38 months ago

I agree with Reserve C-130. The whole interview process was a breeze, even the agility test which I thought would be a problem for me but it wasn't. Now here's the hard part. I got offered the "RR flexible position" which was a load of crap. They offered me a shift bid which I already knew how that worked because I was once a flight attendant. Everything goes by seniority, meaning if you're the last one hired you get the leftover shifts that nobody else wants. The shifts that were available at bwi were. 5am-10am 530am-11am, 2pm-7pm and 730pm until the last flight of the day comes in. Keep in mind the off days were examples of mon and wed or mon and tue or something else odd. I was under the assumption that the position was a little more flexible for people that either worked a full time job or went to school during the day but clearly that wasn't the case. What I dont understand is how can anybody who have another job work this schedule. And given the salary and no benefits you would have to have a regular full time job else where. Maybe this does work for some but not for me and I only wanted the flight benefits. I was clearly disappointed in delta. Don't say "flexible" schedule but you still treat people as puppets. And btw, I bid for the shift that they call the "doomsday shift" 730pm-until, but I was awarded the 5am-10am shift, I do have a daytime job so I had to resign before I even started working.

disappointed_potential ready reserve in Williamsburg, Virginia

38 months ago

Well, same old crap as the other posts above! This was for a seasonal ready reserve. I had an interview and basically the same thing: no certain shift guarantee, although they were hiring for 2 shifts only: early am and mid-afternoon, for 8 hours/day, 40 hrs/week for 3 months. Flight benefits extended for 1 yr as long as u get 300 hrs/year, unless they need u to" fill in the gaps." I stopped the interview, took my paperwork back and left. I'm finding out this whole ready reserve is freaking ridiculous and something the normal, average person cannot do. Very disappointed with Delta. So was even told Delta is doing away with part-time and everything is either ready reserve or full-time...no other choice. Boooooooo!

matisse in minneapolis, Minnesota

38 months ago

"The R/R program would be a great way to supplement income and to travel but that would basically have to be your "primary" job and work outside employment based on your 6-month schedule bid. If you're flexible, can live off $13,000 year, need no health/medical insurance, no retirement, the R/R program may be the program for you; otherwise I hope to find a station that can truly work with those of us who have day jobs with benefits."

Reserve C 130 pretty much nailed it. Delta Airlines is cobbling together multiple R.R. positions and using them in the place of full-time, benefited positions. They are not offering flexible part-time jobs or offering a an entry level job that will lead to full-time. I have been at this for a while. The chances of being transitioned to a full-time, benefited job are slim to null. When you are close to using up your allotted 1300 hours a year you will be laid off and then be brought back to work Thanksgiving, Christmas or Springbreak and then thrown aside again. New employees are misled into thinking otherwise, eventually they wise up and many move on. The current unemployment rate, particularly in the airline industry leaves many vulnerable and willing to try to hang on to a R.R. position in hopes of getting full-time. - All this when Delta turned a $765 million dollar profit last quarter. Not very ethical, is It ?

NWA_Rocked in New York, New York

38 months ago

I wish this merger with NWA never happened and good ol' US Airways was able to complete their hostile $10b takeover of Delta. NWA would still be around and employees would have decent medical insurance while working. No "ready reserve" schedule working 30+ hours/week with NO benefits. Flights are full and you work all the time so flight benefits can rarely be used.

NWA was a wonderful airline who treated their employees a million times better and never had to worry about working a full-time schedule without any benefits. Maybe it's time to reconsider bringing the union back..they warned this would happen; sure enough, it did!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kobe in Elmhurst, New York

37 months ago

Alex22 in Los Angeles, California said: Ohhh, yeah... I forgot about that...LOL... For second I thought you received an email! yes true I received the same message now that I think about. I am just so anxious, I would really like to be part of the DELTA family.

Amir, thanks for the info...

i actually received an email telling me that my assessment was passed, and that i should call the office to schedule a phone interview. NEW YORK HERE.

wilkersontangela@yahoo.com in Indianapolis, Indiana

37 months ago

amill in Grayson, Georgia said: Im ready reserve in Atl What did you want to know???

how to get hired on? ive applied and know im qualified, but i was not accepted and i just wanna know what u did that was different than what it is that im doing? i really wanna be employed by the airlines but i just dont know what to do or how to apply myself. i am a stay at home mom and have been doing on demand freelance photography for years now, although ive had other little rinky dink obs but, i want a career. will i have to go to flight school or can i just get hired on? i mean plz tell me what exactly i need to do. please email me your response, thanks in advance. Aungele't

JET-nyc in Manhattan

37 months ago

wilkersontangela@yahoo.com in Indianapolis, Indiana said: how to get hired on? ive applied and know im qualified, but i was not accepted and i just wanna know what u did that was different than what it is that im doing? i really wanna be employed by the airlines but i just dont know what to do or how to apply myself. i am a stay at home mom and have been doing on demand freelance photography for years now, although ive had other little rinky dink obs but, i want a career. will i have to go to flight school or can i just get hired on? i mean plz tell me what exactly i need to do. please email me your response, thanks in advance. Aungele't

@ wilkersontangela: I have 20 yrs in the trvl bizz, and all I get
are rejections from these airlines so I know what the're looking
for. As your can read or see the newz how some airline employeez
are up to no good, the bad getz in good left out..

micel68 in Conyers, Georgia

36 months ago

@Amill I have some questions rr benefits how many flight do you get and can family fly too.

ready reserve sucks in Staten Island, New York

36 months ago

U get unlimited worldwide travel and your family does as well. 8 Buddy passes are after one yr of service. Also get 6 S2's. Good luck getting anywhere with your ready reserve schedule and hope you can live off welfare because you will need another job with benefits to supplement dl's rr program. You're going to be kicked to the curb when you hit 1300 hrs but best believe you'll be working a minimum of 5 days week, 5 hours day...just enough to keep you from getting another job with benefits. Good luck with the "flexible schedules" they proudly say they offer...lol

Micel68 in Conyers, Georgia

36 months ago

ready reserve sucks in Staten Island, New York said: U get unlimited worldwide travel and your family does as well. 8 Buddy passes are after one yr of service. Also get 6 S2's. Good luck getting anywhere with your ready reserve schedule and hope you can live off welfare because you will need another job with benefits to supplement dl's rr program. You're going to be kicked to the curb when you hit 1300 hrs but best believe you'll be working a minimum of 5 days week, 5 hours day...just enough to keep you from getting another job with benefits. Good luck with the "flexible schedules" they proudly say they offer...lol
hi thanks for responding what are s2 and how soon after hired can you fly and what happens after 1300 for year can you still fly

JC in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

I also recently applied to the LAX- Delta Airlines location, for a baggage handler. I am scheduled for a phone interview tomorrow. I have also applied for the ready reserve.

Alex22 in Los Angeles, California said: Hello all, I just found this cool website a couple of days ago when I was trying to find out info about DL ready reserve. I applied for Delta Ready Reserve-LAX last week. I would like to create this discussion board for all you who have information to share or/and applied a different stations.Lets share are experience to the road to be hired and be part of DELTA

xomuireanneox in Raleigh, North Carolina

34 months ago

Hi everyone!

Near the middle of January I applied for a Ready Reserve position in Atlanta at ATL; I passed the "psych" assessment (you know, the quiz that basically wants to know how paranoid you really are), and I did their online résumé builder/application as well before I got an email to call them ASAP regarding my application at the beginning of February.

I was told "congratulations, you passed" and that my information would be sent to a Senior Recruiter and they would call if there were any additional questions. Is it okay to call the number back that they give you in the initial email again even if you haven't got another asking you to call them again? I want to gently follow-up because I am VERY interested but and about 98% sure they instruct you not to call regarding the position, though it has now been a month and I am still "Under Review."

Should I take my chances and call back? Should I wait?

First Class in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

I think you should call to make sure that your paperwork was not misplaced.

Also if anyone is interested Delta is starting to post many Seasonal RR jobs on their website for positions across the country.

xomuireanneox in Raleigh, North Carolina

33 months ago

Thanks FC, I did call back once and the person I talked to said they didn't have additional information but "good luck" - since it has been two weeks I am gonig to call back again, since the time period they said we needed to be available (for whatever reason) started.

I also applied to Raleigh since they just listed one here too.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

33 months ago

xomuireanneox in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hi everyone!

Near the middle of January I applied for a Ready Reserve position in Atlanta at ATL; I passed the "psych" assessment (you know, the quiz that basically wants to know how paranoid you really are), and I did their online résumé builder/application as well before I got an email to call them ASAP regarding my application at the beginning of February.

I was told "congratulations, you passed" and that my information would be sent to a Senior Recruiter and they would call if there were any additional questions. Is it okay to call the number back that they give you in the initial email again even if you haven't got another asking you to call them again? I want to gently follow-up because I am VERY interested but and about 98% sure they instruct you not to call regarding the position, though it has now been a month and I am still "Under Review."

Should I take my chances and call back? Should I wait?

@ xomuireanneox: DLs HR is slow as a snail, it too them 3months to
send me a rejection notice after my F2F, so waiting is a under statement, ok...

FA in College Station, Texas

33 months ago

Hi, I'm a flight attendant and I'm interested in Delta ready reserve because I want to start having children, and my company won't offer part-time FA positions anymore. I applied for summer seasonal, but does that mean that I'll get flight benefits after the summer? For how long? If I work this summer, does that mean I can definitely work next summer to keep my flight benefits up? I have insurance through my husband and specifically DO NOT want to work full time. I don't mind a few months in the summer or during the holidays. I just want to keep flight benefits for my family! Would this be a good fit for me?

Inhopeofflying in Newark, New Jersey

33 months ago

Has anybody applied for the RR position in Newark. I passed phone interview and just waiting for f2f. How long does it take.
Thanks,

passionate job seeker in New York

33 months ago

FA in College Station, Texas said: Hi, I'm a flight attendant and I'm interested in Delta ready reserve because I want to start having children, and my company won't offer part-time FA positions anymore. I applied for summer seasonal, but does that mean that I'll get flight benefits after the summer? For how long? If I work this summer, does that mean I can definitely work next summer to keep my flight benefits up? I have insurance through my husband and specifically DO NOT want to work full time. I don't mind a few months in the summer or during the holidays. I just want to keep flight benefits for my family! Would this be a good fit for me?

Based on what I read in the other Delta forum. Seasonal employees get to keep their flight benefits for the entire year.

fedex007 in Fullerton, California

15 months ago

Alex22 in Los Angeles, California said: Hello all, I just found this cool website a couple of days ago when I was trying to find out info about DL ready reserve. I applied for Delta Ready Reserve-LAX last week. I would like to create this discussion board for all you who have information to share or/and applied a different stations.Lets share are experience to the road to be hired and be part of DELTA

Good morning Alex, did you get hired on with Delta after all?

noni78 in Montebello, California

2 months ago

flyer in Newport News, Virginia said: I applied recently and just passed the assessment and now I am waiting for my phone interview.I am so excited.

i wouldnt get my hopes up'i passed the first initial screening also then received a email saying i got picked for an in person interview.when i called the number they gave me they had told me all interview dates were filled and thank you for applying to delta'what a bunch of bull-'@%!this is the second time i've applied already and same thing happened'

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.