- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Delta Connection FA in Memphis, Tennessee

48 months ago

Two years and counting. : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

lelo in Atlanta, Georgia

48 months ago

hello,
I'm looking for the position of LOD as flight attendant anyone knows when that will be available?i speak English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
thanks a lot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Meriden, Connecticut

48 months ago

Hi DeltaVIP - thank you for sharing this information with us. Greatly appreciated

Mark

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

New job plz!

48 months ago

Does anyone know when Delta will begin hiring Flight Attendants again? Last rumor I heard was August 17th (tomorrow).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

amillion in Loganville, Georgia

48 months ago

nxt year!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Chrystal in Durant, Oklahoma

48 months ago

DeltaVIP, thanks so much for creating this most convenient topic! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DeltaCSA in Charlotte, North Carolina

48 months ago

Hey everyone,

I have been reading the forums on here for the past couple of months now, but I just decided to go ahead a put my two cents in on this new thread. I currently work for Delta but I am not IFS as of yet. I aspire to be in the near future! :-) Hopefully they will give us a more concrete timeline on hiring after the FA conference call this week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rc in Delaware, Ohio

48 months ago

I applied for a F/A position with Delta back in May of '08 and had a phone interview ~ at that point they froze all hiring. I still have a Ref# and am "under review." Question : Do I need to reapply or am I still in the running?
I have updated my password but my application is not visable. All answers welcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Special K in Corsicana, Texas

48 months ago

Hey Guys.. Some people say there is a base in DFW and some say there is not. Who knows the most updated info on that? And also, does Delta pay for a FA's parking during the assignments? If I have to park my car in DFW and commute to NY, will they reimburse my parking fees in DFW?
Thank you for your answers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

MCOguy in Orlando, Florida

48 months ago

Delta VIP,

Thanks for the info it really helps a lot...hopefully the positions open soon and we have the opportunity

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sky.high in Allentown, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

DeltaVIP in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey everyone!

Delta is the place to be! Speaking other languages will boost your chances of becoming a Delta FA, but don't be discouraged if you don't. There is plenty of room for those FA's that only speak english. I don't speak another language, and still got hired. Delta only needs a certain amount of FA's to speak a language.

Hopefully we should hear something this week or next week about hiring. Just as soon as any of us Delta FA's hear something, you will know very soon after!

I love my job as a flight attendant, and I know you all will love it just as much as I do! Get your application in EARLY!

Thanks deltaVIP, your comments are very helpeful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Kennesaw, Georgia

48 months ago

One question:

How do I send in an application if the Career Opps page isn't showing any FA openings?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Latinguy in San Juannull

48 months ago

Jon in Kennesaw, Georgia said: One question:

How do I send in an application if the Career Opps page isn't showing any FA openings?

Jon

You have to wait till the position is posted.

E

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Kennesaw, Georgia

48 months ago

Thanks, E. Doh! Then I just have to check everyday. lol. :D

Mary in Seattle, Washington

48 months ago

I have a question. If I apply LAX base in the future, should I live in LA or near LA?
I might move to San Jose or San Diego.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Latinguy in San Juannull

48 months ago

Mary in Seattle, Washington said: I have a question. If I apply LAX base in the future, should I live in LA or near LA?
I might move to San Jose or San Diego.

Thanks.

Hi Mary,

If you were to get LAX, you need not to live in Los Angeles. You can commute from SJC or SAN. You will need to commute a day before your schedule trip.

Have a great day!

E

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

helenwh in NY

48 months ago

DeltaVIP in Riverdale, Georgia said: Hey everyone,

For those people who were interested in working as a flight attendant for Delta Air Lines, here is a place to get your information and questions answered!

Delta Bases:
ATL, BOS, CVG, DTW, HNL, LAX, MCO, MEM, MSP, NYC, Pacific, SEA, SFO, SLC. (sub-bases vary)

Delta Pay Scale as of 10/1/10

Start $20.67
After 1 year $21.49
After 2 years $22.96
After 3 years $24.84
After 4 years $27.37
After 5 years $29.43
After 6 years $34.65
After 7 years $35.77
After 8 years $36.76
After 9 years $38.12
After 10 years $39.18
After 11 years $41.04
After 12 years $45.75 (Top Pay)

Purser "A"- add $5.40
Purser "B"- add $2.70
Domestic Lead- add $2.70

International Pay- add $1.25
International Per Diem- $2.40/hr
Domestic Per Diem- $1.85/hr

RESERVE SYSTEM:
Access Days (a.k.a ADAYS)- All flight attendants hold a line, but a certain percentage of flight attendants will hold 3 to 6 days of ADAYS per month depending on seniority at the base.

Please ask more questions! Keep checking www.deltajobs.net for future job postings!

The comment's very helpful. Thank you so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

DeltaVIP in Riverdale, Georgia

48 months ago

<<How senior is the ATL base, for new hires that live in ATL what are the chances that they will be awarded ATL as a base, if they get assigned another jr base how long do they have to stay there until they can transfer to their desired base. thanks.>>

ATL base is a senior base and its not one that new hires are usually placed into straight out of training, UNLESS you speak a language that is needed in the ATL base. It took me a year to get to ATL after being in NYC for a year.

<<<I applied for a F/A position with Delta back in May of '08 and had a phone interview ~ at that point they froze all hiring. I still have a Ref# and am "under review." Question : Do I need to reapply or am I still in the running?
I have updated my password but my application is not visible. All answers welcome.>>>

You will have to submit a new application and resume and begin the process from the beginning.

<<<Hey Guys.. Some people say there is a base in DFW and some say there is not. Who knows the most updated info on that? And also, does Delta pay for a FA's parking during the assignments? If I have to park my car in DFW and commute to NY, will they reimburse my parking fees in DFW?
Thank you for your answers!>>>

Delta Air Lines does not have a DFW base....long time ago, yes it was, but no longer. Delta does pay for your parking at a Delta base, but some of those bases (the smaller AFP bases, a.k.a satellite base), the FA have to pay up front, and Delta reimburses the FA.

<<<I have a question. If I apply LAX base in the future, should I live in LA or near LA?
I might move to San Jose or San Diego.>>>

The LAX base may not be available to new hires. There are SO MANY current employees that commute from the west coast to east coast because they can't get into the base. So I wouldn't count on being based out west at all. But we never know, right?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

<quote>How senior is the ATL base, for new hires that live in ATL what are the chances that they will be awarded ATL as a base, if they get assigned another jr base how long do they have to stay there until they can transfer to their desired base. thanks.</quote>

ATL base is a senior base and its not one that new hires are usually placed into straight out of training, UNLESS you speak a language that is needed in the ATL base. It took me a year to get to ATL after being in NYC for a year.

<quote>I applied for a F/A position with Delta back in May of '08 and had a phone interview ~ at that point they froze all hiring. I still have a Ref# and am "under review." Question : Do I need to reapply or am I still in the running?
I have updated my password but my application is not visible. All answers welcome.</quote>

You will have to submit a new application and resume and begin the process from the beginning.

<quote>Hey Guys.. Some people say there is a base in DFW and some say there is not. Who knows the most updated info on that? And also, does Delta pay for a FA's parking during the assignments? If I have to park my car in DFW and commute to NY, will they reimburse my parking fees in DFW?
Thank you for your answers!</quote>

Delta Air Lines does not have a DFW base....long time ago, yes it was, but no longer. Delta does pay for your parking at a Delta base, but some of those bases (the smaller AFP bases, a.k.a satellite base), the FA have to pay up front, and Delta reimburses the FA.

<quote>I have a question. If I apply LAX base in the future, should I live in LA or near LA?
I might move to San Jose or San Diego.</quote>

The LAX base may not be available to new hires. There are SO MANY current employees that commute from the west coast to east coast because they can't get into the base. So I wouldn't count on being based out west at all. But we never know, right?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Sorry for the duplicate...lol No delete button!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Latinguy in San Juannull

48 months ago

DeltaVIP,

Thanks for all the information you provide us here at the forum. Question: In the past, training was 6 weeks; now with the additional fleet, are you aware how long training might be?

Take care!

E

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Subject:Flight attendant recall and hiring for 2011 flying
The much anticipated flight attendant recall and hiring announcement is here! I am pleased to share that we will soon be recalling Delta flight attendants on voluntary furlough and beginning the external recruitment process for both regular and Language of Destination (LOD) flight attendant new hires. While we are still determining exact numbers, our plan is to begin training in January and to have all recalled and new-hire flight attendants on the line by June 1, 2011.
Our first step will be to notify and share details about our recall process with all flight attendants on voluntary furlough. We do not expect the recall to fill all of our need, therefore, we will also simultaneously begin the internal (for company transfers) and external recruitment process for both regular and LOD flight attendants. Of course, no job offers will be made to external applicants until the recall process is complete and all voluntary furlough flight attendants who have preferenced “any base” or a base to which we are recalling have been offered a position.
Complete information about the recall and hiring process, an employee referral program, and opportunities for current PMDL and PMNW flight attendants to assist with the new-hire interview process will be available soon in a dedicated section of the IFS Portal. This information will include details that will likely answer the majority of the questions you have, so thank you for your patience until it is posted. Once this section is available, you’ll be able to view it quickly and easily by clicking on the banner on the IFS Portal main page called Flight Attendant Hiring.
We expect well over 100,000 applicants, so please tell your friends and family members who plan to apply to be patient - the application and interviewing process is l

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

likely to take several months from start to finish. This is an exciting time for our airline as we are doing our part to position Delta for future growth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Hey guys...Money question here. So if the starting salary is $20.67 and about 70 hrs per month ( correct me if I am wrong ) plus per diem ( which I cannot calculate since I don't know how )..Is that around $2000?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

flying in Saint Paul, Minnesota

48 months ago

Thanks for the update! 100,000 applicants!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Siz in Paris, France

48 months ago

Fantastic news!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Las Vegas, Nevada

48 months ago

Latinguy - Thanks a lot!!!

Latinguy in San Juannull

48 months ago

Mary in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Latinguy - Thanks a lot!!!

Mary, my pleasure! :-)

E

48 months ago

Special K in Corsicana, Texas said: Hey guys...Money question here. So if the starting salary is $20.67 and about 70 hrs per month ( correct me if I am wrong ) plus per diem ( which I cannot calculate since I don't know how )..Is that around $2000?

Schedule values vary each month.

$20.67 X 70 = $1,446 + per diem

$20.67 x 100 = $2,067 = per diem

With the ADAY reserve system....you can easily fly as much or as little as you want per month. You manage your own income! Fly more, you make more!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

$20.67 x 100 = $2,067 + per diem

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

AKC in Long Beach, California

48 months ago

DeltaVIP in Riverdale, Georgia said: <quote>How senior is the ATL base, for new hires that live in ATL what are the chances that they will be awarded ATL as a base, if they get assigned another jr base how long do they have to stay there until they can transfer to their desired base. thanks.</quote>

<quote>I applied for a F/A position with Delta back in May of '08 and had a phone interview ~ at that point they froze all hiring. I still have a Ref# and am "under review." Question : Do I need to reapply or am I still in the running?
I have updated my password but my application is not visible. All answers welcome.</quote>

<quote>Hey Guys.. Some people say there is a base in DFW and some say there is not. Who knows the most updated info on that? And also, does Delta pay for a FA's parking during the assignments? If I have to park my car in DFW and commute to NY, will they reimburse my parking fees in DFW?
Thank you for your answers!</quote>

<quote>I have a question. If I apply LAX base in the future, should I live in LA or near LA?
I might move to San Jose or San Diego.</quote>

Thank you for all the info

rc in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

48 months ago

Where are the sub bases and how many F/A's are assigned to each?

48 months ago

DeltaVIP in Riverdale, Georgia said: Schedule values vary each month.

$20.67 X 70 = $1,446 + per diem

$20.67 x 100 = $2,067 = per diem

With the ADAY reserve system....you can easily fly as much or as little as you want per month. You manage your own income! Fly more, you make more!

Thank you.. That is helpful

Flyguy2005 in Raleigh, North Carolina

48 months ago

New job plz! said: Does anyone know when Delta will begin hiring Flight Attendants again? Last rumor I heard was August 17th (tomorrow).

What i'm hearing is you will see the application open up real soon for open positions for first qtr next year. I'm also hearing this will NOT only be JFK but there are needs in Atlanta and the west coast as well. Check the DL website daily!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Sub-bases are just my way of saying multiple airports that are covered by a base. Example, NYC base is JFK, LGA, and EWR. LAX base

48 months ago

LAX base covers LAX and SNA airport

SpiritFaFLL in Quincy, Massachusetts

47 months ago

What airlines does Delta have jumpseat and cabin seat aggrements with?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FlyASAGuy2005 in Raleigh, North Carolina

47 months ago

Delta currently has cabin agreements with Air Tran, Air Wisconsin, Alaska, American, American Eagle, CommutAir, Compass, Express Jet, Freedom Airlines, Frontier, Great Lakes, Hawaiian, Horizon, Jet Blue, Lynx, Mesa (US Airways side only), Miami Air, Midwest, Omni Air International, Piedmont Airlines, Southwest, Sun Country, United, US Airways, and Virgin America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mizziwoo in Anaheim, California

47 months ago

Hello everyone~

Im new to Delta forum. and I see people mentioning "jumpseat" in many forum.

Can anyone tell me what 'jumpseat' are?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

mizziwoo in Anaheim, California said: Hello everyone~

Im new to Delta forum. and I see people mentioning "jumpseat" in many forum.

Can anyone tell me what 'jumpseat' are?

Thanks

I jumpseat is literally the seat that the F/As sit in during flight as active cabin crew.

Now, what were are refering to is when an F/A flies on a certain carrier for free (space available of course). The difference here is generally as an airline employee, you will have to pay some sort of fee or tax to fly on another airline standby whether it be ID90 (90% discount on fare; space available) or a ZED fare (similar to an ID90). With a jumpseat agreement, you occupy a seat on an airline for free if there is an agreement. HEnce the list above. This is much like how a pilot can jumpseat in the cockpit with other airlines for free (small, extra seat in the cockpit). They can also cabin jumpseat if someone is already in the cockpit jumpseat and there is space in the cabin.

Hope this wasn't too confusing :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

SEA737 in Seattle, Washington

47 months ago

Hi gang! Long time follower/reader, first time questioner! Just a quick question...is there by chance any talk of opening the SEA base? I know with the increased flights and capacity out here with AS/QX, would they open it up? Likewise, I know it's a senior base for the PMNW fa's and a few DL, but would it really go that senior? Assuming senior people within the company wouldn't want to commute and/or move up here. Just a question, thanks team

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

SEA has always been a senior base for DL as well. As far as Alaska and Horizon flying; has nothing to do with DL really, even though we are pretty close. Don't expect the likes of SEA to open up for new hires. My bet is NYC (as usual), maybe ATL. Remember, as slots open up in bases, more senior folks will shift around to get closer to home. The extra lift needed may actually be for ATL but the guys in NYC that have been there a few years can now finally transition down, opeing up NY and DL is fully aware of this. After all bids for the new flying has been put in and the exhaust the recall list, they will hire off the street. Expect an announcement over the coming weeks/months.

Said by Richard Anderson himself, they are hurting for folks with second languages so keep that in mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Great! Thanks for the response FlyASAGuy2005. I figured as much, I was just testing the waters per se. Do you think it's easy to commute to NYC from SEA? I know there are numerous airlines with connecting service for that route. Assuming new hires hold "lines,", I don't think it will be too challenging? But again I could be wrong. On average, how long does it take for base swaps/transfers to happen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

The commute would be depending on how many flights to NYC there are from SEA both Delta and jumpseat agreement airlines.

The thing with transferring bases... It is easy... If you have a transfer on file and their is an opening for your base preferance then you get it. Note as with most airlines if you have a base on file and it comes open then you have to transfer no ifs, ands, or buts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Thanks so much for the responses gang! Now it's time for the waiting game I guess!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DL FA in Atlanta, Georgia

47 months ago

Expect initial training to be approximately 6 1/2 to 7 weeks.....rumors going around about a split class (4 weeks, learn half of the airplanes, go out and fly, come back and 4 more weeks to learn the remaining aircraft) are NOT true. Curriculum is being finalized, the call has been put out for interviewers/recruiters. Soon, instructors will be selected.

Exciting times at Delta!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Flight Attedant-Nurse in Rehoboth, Delaware

47 months ago

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I was doing some internet surfing on the flight attendant career. I came across flightattendantcareer.com and thought the sight was amazing. The moderator (an AA flight attendant) has a service to make your resume and cover letter "airline ready". What does everyone think of this? It costs $59. I have 2 previous airlines under my belt. I'm not sure if this will help me or hurt me. In addition, I also speak German. Any input is welcomed. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Before I became a flight attendant 4 years ago I did the same research. I joined flightattendantcareer.com. I thought it gave some good insight on becoming a flight attendant. But then it was a two year member for that amount. The site was great not sure I would pay it now speacially with my experience. If you have experience to amount to anything I say you would be fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.