Delta Airlines *After the F2F* 2013 Hiring

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 433)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Future FA hopeful in Atlanta, Georgia

17 months ago

This is a page made just for our experiences after the F2F with Delta.

Date of your F2F:
Have you heard anything since?
Did they offer anyone a CJO on the spot?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Anervouswreck in Atl, Georgia

17 months ago

Future FA hopeful in Atlanta, Georgia said: This is a page made just for our experiences after the F2F with Delta.

Date of your F2F:
Have you heard anything since?
Did they offer anyone a CJO on the spot?

11/22 no cjo.. This was my 3rd time going to f2f and the past 2times after not being offered a cjo on the spot I've gotten a tbnt letter 3days later at the exact same time like clock work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Future FA hopeful in Birmingham, Alabama

17 months ago

11/21
no word..
nobody got offered a cjo on the spot...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anervouswreck in Atl, Georgia

17 months ago

Future FA hopeful in Birmingham, Alabama said: 11/21
no word..

Wow no one? My friend went 11/21 730a. She said 6 were offered cjo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Yeah i was surprised also. We didn't see them pull anyone aside and when we were leaving we saw all of the recruiters/fa's walking to their cars..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anno79 in Salt Lake City, Utah

17 months ago

Hi everyone, here is my 2 cents:

F2F:
-greeting, mingling
-move to another room, more greeting and mingling while they observe you
-they put you in a certain group and then divide up the 50some group into 3 smaller groups
-with the small group we went into a room and we all had to introduce ourselves, I think this presentation of yourself is a very important part of the selection process, as some of the senior recruiters are watching and taking notes
-Q&A with flight attendants, then you have to tell them your hobby. I noticed that the applicants that mentioned family got picked
-Height and reach test
-2 on 1 interview. 6 STAR questions (tell us about a time when you had a miscommunication with a coworker, tell us about a time you had t
-more greeting and mingling
-back into the room, then a few get picked for a job offer, the rest leaves and will probably get a tbnt email (but I heard there are some exceptions)

3 of the people that got picked after the f2f were great, but some were a total surprise. They gave a dull and insincere impression during the day. I think what they all they had in common was that they were very young (early 20s) and non of them seemed to have that edgie side to their personality. This also makes me think that that is what Delta is looking for, the American girl next door.

I speak 3 languages and have my masters degree. I also felt I did really well during the f2f. But non of that matters if they don't see you as a good match for the company. Language and degrees will only get you to the f2f. I have heard people say: just keep trying, but what's the point? So next time you can be someone you are not bc you are familiar w the process?

One of the Delta recruiters jokingly said during the final meeting: 'now you guys know what this is all about and you can get back to the forums/blogs and correct it'. So yes, they do read all this stuff, be careful. Good luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jetsetter95 in Jamaica, New York

17 months ago

Future FA hopeful in Birmingham, Alabama said: 11/21
no word..

Future FA Where you in the PM session? Did they call any names to stay behind for paperwork?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

flyyyygrlll in Stone Mountain, Georgia

16 months ago

wow good stuff
they are hiring approx. 1400? Do we know how many they have hired?

when is the next f2f?

16 months ago

I think they are doing F2F interviews every week day..

Well i talked to someone that i became friends with at the f2f, looks like we both got the dreaded tbnt email. I'm glad they didn't make us wait two weeks.. only took about 3 days.. Guess we'll just have to wait 6 months and try again...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Readytofly in Emmaus, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

Does anyone know which class Delta is hiring for at this point? Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FlySkyGuy in Des Plaines, Illinois

16 months ago

What was the date of your interview?

Future FA hopeful in Birmingham, Alabama said: I think they are doing F2F interviews every week day..

Well i talked to someone that i became friends with at the f2f, looks like we both got the dreaded tbnt email. I'm glad they didn't make us wait two weeks.. only took about 3 days.. Guess we'll just have to wait 6 months and try again...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

AaleeB in Duluth, Georgia

16 months ago

I had my f2f but wasn't given a CJO. The day was very interesting and exciting. I liked how nice the flight attendants and human resources staff were. I was familiar with the process so I know when my name wasn't called I wasn't getting an offer. Disappointed but still happy I had the opportunity to gain the experience. For those who are going for your f2f, have a good time, socialize and be yourself. Let them love you for you. For those who have received offers, congrats and happy flying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

SkyDoll in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

16 months ago

Anno79 in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hi everyone, here is my 2 cents:

F2F:
-greeting, mingling
-move to another room, more greeting and mingling while they observe you
-they put you in a certain group and then divide up the 50some group into 3 smaller groups
-with the small group we went into a room and we all had to introduce ourselves, I think this presentation of yourself is a very important part of the selection process, as some of the senior recruiters are watching and taking notes
-Q&A with flight attendants, then you have to tell them your hobby. I noticed that the applicants that mentioned family got picked
-Height and reach test
-2 on 1 interview. 6 STAR questions (tell us about a time when you had a miscommunication with a coworker, tell us about a time you had t
-more greeting and mingling
-back into the room, then a few get picked for a job offer, the rest leaves and will probably get a tbnt email (but I heard there are some exceptions)

3 of the people that got picked after the f2f were great, but some were a total surprise. They gave a dull and insincere impression during the day. I think what they all they had in common was that they were very young (early 20s) and non of them seemed to have that edgie side to their personality. This also makes me think that that is what Delta is looking for, the American girl next door.

I speak 3 languages and have my masters degree. I also felt I did really well during the f2f. But non of that matters if they don't see you as a good match for the company. Language and degrees will only get you to the f2f. I have heard people say: just keep trying, but what's the point? So next time you can be someone you are not bc you are familiar w the process?

One of the Delta recruiters jokingly said during the final meeting: 'now you guys know what this is all about and you can get back to the forums/blogs and correct it'. So yes, they do read all this stuff, be careful.

Thx 4 sharing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

flying at 30000ft in Melbourne, Florida

16 months ago

AaleeB in Duluth, Georgia said: I had my f2f but wasn't given a CJO. The day was very interesting and exciting. I liked how nice the flight attendants and human resources staff were. I was familiar with the process so I know when my name wasn't called I wasn't getting an offer. Disappointed but still happy I had the opportunity to gain the experience. For those who are going for your f2f, have a good time, socialize and be yourself. Let them love you for you. For those who have received offers, congrats and happy flying.

Were there any flight attendants currently flying for other airlines among applicants attending FtF interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

flying at 30000ft in Melbourne, Florida said: Were there any flight attendants currently flying for other airlines among applicants attending FtF interview?

Yes, several actually. None on them received a CJO on the spot. One girl in my group said that it was her third time trying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Peninsula in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Hey, were there many guys with red ties? Or do you think Delta prefers darker, like a blue, with a blue suit?

flygirlmkb in Bowling Green, Ohio

16 months ago

Hello everyone! My f2f was on Monday, Nov. 18. I did not get a cjo offer on the spot but to my surprise, not less than 24 hours later, I got a call back :D Just went back to Atlanta yesterday to complete my paperwork, fingerprinting, and drug test at a mediacl center off site. Now I am just wondering what's next? They didn't give any details about what training class I'll be in or what to prepare for before coming. Any ideas anyone who has made it to this point? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

DeltaWings in Enfield, Connecticut

16 months ago

flygirlmkb in Bowling Green, Ohio said: Hello everyone! My f2f was on Monday, Nov. 18. I did not get a cjo offer on the spot but to my surprise, not less than 24 hours later, I got a call back :D Just went back to Atlanta yesterday to complete my paperwork, fingerprinting, and drug test at a mediacl center off site. Now I am just wondering what's next? They didn't give any details about what training class I'll be in or what to prepare for before coming. Any ideas anyone who has made it to this point? Thanks!

Congratulations flygirlmkb. How great that must've felt. The chances for that to happen are so slim and you got lucky. Enjoy your success.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Peninsula in Brooklyn, New York said: Hey, were there many guys with red ties? Or do you think Delta prefers darker, like a blue, with a blue suit?

Most of the guys had black or navy suits. One guy who was selected had a grey suit with a darker red, almost burgundy colored tie. I really don't think wearing a red tie will be a deal breaker. As for the guy,I pretty much knew they were going to pick him, he had that boy next door "grown up Justin Bieber" look. Lol. I really think your introduction, 1on1 interview, and your poise will get you through. They are looking for classic, elegant, easy going, attractive, confident, somewhat boogie types. The old people were not picked, the out of shape were not picked, bad teeth, wrong hair, wrong outfit etc. You'd be surprised at what some people wore. After going over the day in my head I realized where I went wrong. BE YOURSELF but stay focused. Don't get too relaxed IT'S AN INTERVIEW. Connect and socialize with many people as you can, IT COUNTS.

For your 2on1 (A flight attendant and a member of HR will interview you), Research and practice the S.T.A.R. method of interviewing. They tell you beforehand so make sure you follow it, but practice before you get to the interview, it will definitely help. They want DETAILS! Stay on course, I let my guard down in my 2on1 and I think it hurt me. The questions are just like the ones on the phone interview, which are not difficult, but you have to use the S.T.A.R. method perfectly!

The day is long (approx. 5 hours). Some people were worn out by the end, STAY COMPOSED. Also ask questions. Let them know you're interested in the position and all that it entails. I would not ask questions that center around reserve days, pay and when does training start. They inform you of that in the information session. Ask about the lifestyle and the challenges that some of the FA's faced when starting out on the job. Try to get to know them. Your also interviewing delta.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Disn3ychick in Florida

16 months ago

What were the women wearing? Can anyone give advice please. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Disn3ychick in Florida said: What were the women wearing? Can anyone give advice please. Thank you

I wore a black pant suit with a red ruffly shirt underneath with pearl earrings & necklace :) good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

disn3ychick@yahoo.com in Tarpon Springs, Florida

16 months ago

flygirlmkb in Bowling Green, Ohio said: I wore a black pant suit with a red ruffly shirt underneath with pearl earrings & necklace :) good luck!

congrats on getting the job!!! hope to you see in the sky someday! may I ask you a couple questions by email? any advice would help thank you so much !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bouzy in Napa, California

16 months ago

Can some please provide a redacted copy of the tbnt email? Also did your status change with Delta after receiving the email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Salontrosbabe

16 months ago

I have been reading a lot of comments , some are very helpful, some are scaring me . Here is my main problem : I am not the thin type , I have a pear shape body , and wear size 12 so I'm on the heavy side . Will that just disqualify me ?! So far , the process was pretty easy and in my case pretty fast . I applied mid November and already have a f2f this week coming . I'm coming from the west coast . But now I have doubts because of all those posts about being thin, perfect teeth .

skygirl1435 in Huntington Beach, California

16 months ago

Hi Guys :)

Congrats to those offered a cjo and hang in there all who are now waiting to try again in 6 months:
ASK, BELIEVE, RECEIVE and THANK.

I applied Oct 5th, no word at ALL. (feel like a leper lol)
no phone call/then f2f....
Anyone else here in this quicksand?

Someone here said that to know/get a TBNT early is a blessing vs a long, awful wait ....I agree.
I wish I'd hear a peep one way or another.
Yeah I'm like some people here: status= "under review."
Thanks in advance for any info and good luck everyone!

fafuture in Gillsville, Georgia

16 months ago

My status changed to position offered 2 weeks ago. Still no training date... anyone else in this situation?

Fliigirl in Stone Mountain, Georgia

16 months ago

fafuture in Gillsville, Georgia said: My status changed to position offered 2 weeks ago. Still no training date... anyone else in this situation?

What was the process after your CJO? It's been a week since I received a CJO and I'm wondering what to look forward to..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fliigirl in Stone Mountain, Georgia

16 months ago

fafuture in Gillsville, Georgia said: My status changed to position offered 2 weeks ago. Still no training date... anyone else in this situation?

When was your f2f?

SULTRY in Jersey City, New Jersey

16 months ago

AaleeB in Duluth, Georgia said: Most of the guys had black or navy suits. One guy who was selected had a grey suit with a darker red, almost burgundy colored tie. I really don't think wearing a red tie will be a deal breaker. As for the guy,I pretty much knew they were going to pick him, he had that boy next door "grown up Justin Bieber" look. Lol. I really think your introduction, 1on1 interview, and your poise will get you through. They are looking for classic, elegant, easy going, attractive, confident, somewhat boogie types. The old people were not picked, the out of shape were not picked, bad teeth, wrong hair, wrong outfit etc. You'd be surprised at what some people wore. After going over the day in my head I realized where I went wrong. BE YOURSELF but stay focused. Don't get too relaxed IT'S AN INTERVIEW. Connect and socialize with many people as you can, IT COUNTS.

For your 2on1 (A flight attendant and a member of HR will interview you), Research and practice the S.T.A.R. method of interviewing. They tell you beforehand so make sure you follow it, but practice before you get to the interview, it will definitely help. They want DETAILS! Stay on course, I let my guard down in my 2on1 and I think it hurt me. The questions are just like the ones on the phone interview, which are not difficult, but you have to use the S.T.A.R. method perfectly!

The day is long (approx. 5 hours). Some people were worn out by the end, STAY COMPOSED. Also ask questions. Let them know you're interested in the position and all that it entails. I would not ask questions that center around reserve days, pay and when does training start. They inform you of that in the information session. Ask about the lifestyle and the challenges that some of the FA's faced when starting out on the job. Try to get to know them. Your also interviewing delta.

What is the star method?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

DeltaAllDay in Phoenix, Arizona

16 months ago

skygirl1435 in Huntington Beach, California said: Hi Guys :)

Congrats to those offered a cjo and hang in there all who are now waiting to try again in 6 months:
ASK, BELIEVE, RECEIVE and THANK.

I applied Oct 5th, no word at ALL. (feel like a leper lol)
no phone call/then f2f....
Anyone else here in this quicksand?

Someone here said that to know/get a TBNT early is a blessing vs a long, awful wait ....I agree.
I wish I'd hear a peep one way or another.
Yeah I'm like some people here: status= "under review."
Thanks in advance for any info and good luck everyone!

Hey! one of my friends was in the same position and she called the recruiter line today, where she called and expressed her concern and they re-interviewed her and put her back into the shuffle.

Melee in ATL, Georgia

16 months ago

SULTRY in Jersey City, New Jersey said: What is the star method?

Google is your friend

Melee in ATL, Georgia

16 months ago

You will receive a training date after your background check is complete. I went to training in April and my status changed 10 days after I received the CJO at my f2f.

luvpeople in South Ozone Park, New York

16 months ago

I went on 11/19. That day my nerves got the best of me as that day of interview I received a call of a death in family that morning. At the F2F they mentioned it's easier to get into Harvard then becoming a Delta Flight attendant. I was somewhat bothered by that comparison. Many Delta employees were there, I don't understand why Delta Airlines employees are not giving first preference, they are on a daily basis dealing with the general public and providing quality service and enjoy what they do. I love being in the customer service field. Just preferred trying something different of passion. As a traveler on Delta Airlines, I have seen how some flight attendants on board a flight look like robots,no eye contact or smile seems like they just want to serve and get it over with. I would of made a positive difference. and Not all current flight attendants have that so called look. I have seen heavy,sloppy, unattractive,weaves,wigs,long dreadlocks,old,young,acne skin,bad verbiage, gray teeth,green teeth,yellow teeth and bad teeth and yes some are attractive. Oh and some having bad breath. So not sure what they look for. If you land the position hope it's truly ur passion and you can make a positive difference. People do pay attention to this on board the aircraft. Especially if it's what they applied for and got rejected. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

luvpeople in South Ozone Park, New York

16 months ago

Fotgot to mention I did get the tbnt email the day before Thanksgiving . :(

VeniceFly in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Hi everyone, I was just curious to know if they had told you where you would be based out of should you get a job offer. Any insight would be great! Thanks!

Violet Scott in Tulsa, Oklahoma

16 months ago

Hi everyone.I'm most grateful for all the comments one here. I have had my phone interview November the 6 and went very well.I'm still waiting for the F2F interview. I feel I'm a good match for the FA position since I have had extensive Military Safety, Security training.
I was wondering since Delta FA training starts in January do I still be called for F2F?
Also does Delta requires new hired flight attendants to swim?
Thanks for the info.
Violet

Violet Scott in Tulsa, Oklahoma

16 months ago

VeniceFly in Los Angeles, California said: Hi everyone, I was just curious to know if they had told you where you would be based out of should you get a job offer. Any insight would be great! Thanks!

It's should be Atlanta GA or one of they Base.

carmelatlakeside in Lakeside

16 months ago

Violet Scott in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: It's should be Atlanta GA or one of they Base.

May I ask you if you applied as LOD or non
LOD? Thank you and Good Luck! :)

Salontrosbabe

16 months ago

Violet Scott in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Hi everyone.I'm most grateful for all the comments one here. I have had my phone interview November the 6 and went very well.I'm still waiting for the F2F interview. I feel I'm a good match for the FA position since I have had extensive Military Safety, Security training.
I was wondering since Delta FA training starts in January do I still be called for F2F?
Also does Delta requires new hired flight attendants to swim?
Thanks for the info.
Violet

You don't have to be a good swimmer, the pool at the delta training center is not even 4 ft deep.

Salontrosbabe

16 months ago

VeniceFly in Los Angeles, California said: Hi everyone, I was just curious to know if they had told you where you would be based out of should you get a job offer. Any insight would be great! Thanks!

Most of the new flight attendant are based of Atlanta or New York that's what they told us at the F2f

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Salontrosbabe

16 months ago

carmelatlakeside in Lakeside said: May I ask you if you applied as LOD or non
LOD? Thank you and Good Luck! :)

What kind of lod are you ? Spanish ?

carmelatlakeside in Lakeside

16 months ago

Salontrosbabe said: What kind of lod are you ? Spanish ?

No, there's no hiring for Spanish LOD at this time as far as I know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Salontrosbabe

16 months ago

carmelatlakeside in Lakeside said: No, there's no hiring for Spanish LOD at this time as far as I know.

I had a few Spanish lod at my interview . Most of the one picked at my session were non lod anyways

futurefa in Tifton, Georgia

16 months ago

Has anyone received their training date? I know training starts in january and some of the current CJO offers still havent received training dates.

Norma D Landing in Hockley, Texas

16 months ago

futurefa in Tifton, Georgia said: Has anyone received their training date? I know training starts in january and some of the current CJO offers still havent received training dates.

Interview mid-November...still waiting for a Training date. The waiting doesn't finish with the CJO ;)

TakeFlight in Chino Hills, California

16 months ago

Norma D Landing in Hockley, Texas said: Interview mid-November...still waiting for a Training date. The waiting doesn't finish with the CJO ;)

I'm in the same boat!! My status hasn't changed, has yours? Mine was 11/19, and I've had emails asking for more information to complete my background check, but that's it so far :)

16 months ago

TakeFlight in Chino Hills, California said: I'm in the same boat!! My status hasn't changed, has yours? Mine was 11/19, and I've had emails asking for more information to complete my background check, but that's it so far :)

Same thing here y'all! Getting anxious! Put my 4 week notice in at work yesterday so hopefully I do actually start training in Jan or else I'll have a while off work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LPinkkkk in Columbus, Ohio

16 months ago

For those who received a CJO, how long did it take for your bg check to clear?

acacia in Bay Area, California

16 months ago

Future FA hopeful in Birmingham, Alabama said: I think they are doing F2F interviews every week day..

Did they mention hiring again in 6 months at the F2F? Wow, I wouldn't think they'd be posting this position again that soon since it's a mass hiring.

inthesky in Tifton, Georgia

16 months ago

Just got my training date through email. Jan 8th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.