Delta Airlines FA Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (45)

TashaM in Boston, Massachusetts

42 months ago

Hey guys,
I just received a call from Delta HR they wanted to schedule my phone interview with a recruiter. What kind of questions should I expect for them? Also is anyone else going through hiring process with Delta at this moment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

engard in Stevens Point, Wisconsin

42 months ago

TashaM in Boston, Massachusetts said: Hey guys,
I just received a call from Delta HR they wanted to schedule my phone interview with a recruiter. What kind of questions should I expect for them? Also is anyone else going through hiring process with Delta at this moment?

Mostly situational questions, such as if you were a flight attendant and a passenger was impaired how would you handle it? Also a couple questions about your work and life experiences.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

I did my second interview I think it went well. However my recruiter after asking me all of the questions she has put me on-hold for about few minutes...is that a good sign? Also I don't know what would be the next step. She just said that " you will hear from us"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

That is good to hear! After my first interview they told me they will contact me if they decide to go farther in the interview process. I was nervous and thought it was a nice way of saying "sorry, but no." Luckily they called back a day or two later for a language test. Took the test, but not sure how I did. I never got a 2nd phone interview yet. Is that after the language test? "you will hear from us" sounds like you have a good shot of going to Atlanta, which should be the next step.

42 months ago

I asume my next step will be taking my language test. She did say "I will be passing all of your information to a Sr. Recruiter" All I can do is wait at this point. So scary and so exciting at the same time.

So far my status
Applied: 1/5/11
HR Initial Interview: 1/18/11
Recruiter Interview: 1/9/11

I guess my next step will be the language test.

Have you applied with anyone else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

That is interesting. I guess the process order varies.
I applied 1/18

longer application 1/19
phone interview 1/19
language interview 1/21 The interview is 3 questions and its an automated interview.

I applied at USairways, also I see Virgin America is hiring right now. All other major airlines I checked aren't hiring. How about yourself?

42 months ago

I applied to Virgin American and US Airways as well. Waiting to hear from them also.
I'll tell you.. this hiring process is not like any other! Let me know how it goes for you. Hopefully both of us get F2F soon :)

42 months ago

I agree, they sure know how to make you anxious. Defienetly, you too. I hope we both can get f2f as well :) I never thought about being a f/a but when delta replied back I have been very excited.

42 months ago

Hey, hope all is well! Just curious if you had your language test yet, and what language are you taking? I am wondering how long it takes to hear back from them either no or yes?

42 months ago

Nothing yet! ( Keeping my fingers crossed) Although it hasn't been a whole week since my second interview. I'm guessing my next step would be my language test. You already took your language test right?! By looking at other comments I wouldn't be surprised if you hear back from them in a 1-2 weeks after your LOD test. I'm fluent in Russian but also speak German. How about you?

42 months ago

TashaM in Boston, Massachusetts said: Nothing yet! ( Keeping my fingers crossed) Although it hasn't been a whole week since my second interview. I'm guessing my next step would be my language test. You already took your language test right?! By looking at other comments I wouldn't be surprised if you hear back from them in a 1-2 weeks after your LOD test. I'm fluent in Russian but also speak German. How about you?

Thats awsome! How long did you study Russian, thats a hard language, especially the pronoucation seems daunting. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us! I speak Japanese. The LOD test wasn't to hard except the questions asked come out really fast and you can only hear it once unless you time out and then call back. I think they ask what do you do with your time off. At work what statisfies you most? And where do you want to go for vacation.

42 months ago

My family moved to US from Russia when I was 12..so thats the language I speak with my family. German was the language that i studied in college. Unfortunately for me I wish they were hiring for Russian speaking flight attendant however right now that position is not offered so I'm giving it a shot in German although on my application I stated that Russian would be the language of my choice! Those questions seem to be pretty basic. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us as well.

42 months ago

Wow, that is really neat coming from such a culturally rich background. I also studied Japanese for 3 yrs in college, so I am not exactly fluent, fluent, but hopefully its enough to get the job. I logged back on to delta returning candidate section. Under the tab Additional and Actions I use to have four options (i.e. Edit/profile, application, assessment, further action (for the language test) now I only have two options. view job description, and edit resume. Is that a bad sign?

42 months ago

Wow, that is really neat coming from such a culturally rich background. I also studied Japanese for 3 yrs in college, so I am not exactly fluent, fluent, but hopefully its enough to get the job. I logged back on to delta returning candidate section. Under the tab Additional and Actions I use to have four options (i.e. Edit/profile, application, assessment, further action (for the language test) now I only have two options. view job description, and edit resume. Is that a bad sign?

42 months ago

I'm 100% sure but I think it means that they have received everything that they needed. Does your status still say under review?

42 months ago

Yes,

42 months ago

yes

42 months ago

yes, its still under review, so that means all information is obtained and now they will decide or its already decided. sorry to keep asking all these questions. hear from them yet or any other airline. Hope all is well.

42 months ago

Hah its okay thats why we are here to get some A&Q. I haven't heard from them yet :/ I know we are all so anxious to get any sort of update or news! As long it says under review you are still in the running so thats good :)

gina g in North Hollywood, California

42 months ago

engard in Stevens Point, Wisconsin said: Wow, that is really neat coming from such a culturally rich background. I also studied Japanese for 3 yrs in college, so I am not exactly fluent, fluent, but hopefully its enough to get the job. I logged back on to delta returning candidate section. Under the tab Additional and Actions I use to have four options (i.e. Edit/profile, application, assessment, further action (for the language test) now I only have two options. view job description, and edit resume. Is that a bad sign?

Thaaat means that they've pulled ypur application and are reviewing it. We can't see the application but it is visible to them.

42 months ago

gina g in North Hollywood, California said: Thaaat means that they've pulled ypur application and are reviewing it. We can't see the application but it is visible to them.

Thats good to know Gina! Are you going through the processes as well?

42 months ago

Thanks TashaM it helps a lot! I hope you hear from them too! Its like Delta is dangling a carrot in front of us,there is hope but it sure is hard waiting.

Loving DA777 & 747 in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

Don't loose hope guys... I applied back in August and finally I got my interview next week... so it takes time but trust me patience pays off... Good luck and God Bless!!!!

Grizzzabella in Monterey, California

42 months ago

They've had over 110,000 applications to sort through and are now realizing that they are going to be hiring more FA's than they originally anticipated. From what I've heard, if you've had multiple phone interviews you have a good chance of going for a face to face interview. The interview is in two groups of 50 (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) Monday through Friday. I'm sure putting the groups together and scheduling hundreds of flights in and out from all over the country every day is a lot of work ;)

42 months ago

Loving DA777 & 747 in Los Angeles, California said: Don't loose hope guys... I applied back in August and finally I got my interview next week... so it takes time but trust me patience pays off... Good luck and God Bless!!!!

Good luck Loving DA777 you will do great!!! Let me know how your interview goes :)

42 months ago

Grizzzabella in Monterey, California said: They've had over 110,000 applications to sort through and are now realizing that they are going to be hiring more FA's than they originally anticipated. From what I've heard, if you've had multiple phone interviews you have a good chance of going for a face to face interview. The interview is in two groups of 50 (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) Monday through Friday. I'm sure putting the groups together and scheduling hundreds of flights in and out from all over the country every day is a lot of work ;)

110,000 applicants for LOD as well or is it just non-LOD?

Grizzzabella in Monterey, California

42 months ago

i heard there were approximately 30,000 for non-LOD, so I'm assuming the 110,000 means everybody. A few of the people hired out of my group were non-LOD

gina g in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

TashaM in Boston, Massachusetts said: Thats good to know Gina! Are you going through the processes as well?

Yes, TashaM. I filled out the application on 09/28, short assessment, non-lod. No communcation from delta. Patiently awaiting.

42 months ago

engard in Stevens Point, Wisconsin said: I logged back on to delta returning candidate section. Under the tab Additional and Actions I use to have four options (i.e. Edit/profile, application, assessment, further action (for the language test) now I only have two options. view job description, and edit resume. Is that a bad sign?

Hey Engard, I logged into my delta account today and it said exactly the same thing as yours ^^^^. Under the tab additional and actions I only have view job description and edit resume. I hope we get that phone call soon ;)

42 months ago

gina g in Los Angeles, California said: Yes, TashaM. I filled out the application on 09/28, short assessment, non-lod. No communcation from delta. Patiently awaiting.

Good luck and let me know how it goes :)

Worried in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

So glad to hear more ppl! I heard from delta a week ago but no ever called me for a language test!!!!!(I speak another language) is that a bad sign that i didnt get the language test?
Couldnt tell how the interview was cause he was so weird the recruiter!!! anybody heard back, any body knows when there f2f schedueled????exciting !!
Do they change the status of "under review" if u fail???or they let u know????

42 months ago

TashaM in Boston, Massachusetts said: Hey Engard, I logged into my delta account today and it said exactly the same thing as yours ^^^^. Under the tab additional and actions I only have view job description and edit resume. I hope we get that phone call soon ;)

:) I am very happy for you! I hope you have better luck then me, I just found out i was denied. :( Well thanks for all your help, and I hope you get a chance. Please let me know if you get in! :)

42 months ago

Hey TashaM, I hope you get it! I just got denied. :( I Hope you have better luck, Pleas let me know if you get it! Same for everyone else too!

42 months ago

Hey!i did u know u were denied???they called to say???

42 months ago

Oh nooo! I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe i'm next :(

42 months ago

if has been a week and my language test is not ON yet...does it mean bad news?

42 months ago

I would love some support ladues -IM FREAKING OUT!!!

42 months ago

Worried in Chicago, Illinois said: I would love some support ladues -IM FREAKING OUT!!!

No, not at all...They are extremely busy and probably haven't gotten around it yet. My best advice to you in to be very patient with them! Like some people say " No news... is good news" I hope you hear from them soon.

worried

42 months ago

Do they call to announce ur denied?or I gotta check da website??thank u so nmuch(:?

worried

42 months ago

Do they call to announce ur denied?or I gotta check da website??thank u so nmuch(:?

worried

42 months ago

jen in Cumming, Georgia

42 months ago

I applied awhile back and was also denied. They just sent me an email telling me so.

ZDeltaZ in Framingham, Massachusetts

42 months ago

jen in Cumming, Georgia said: I applied awhile back and was also denied. They just sent me an email telling me so.

Wondering if they send out mass email tonight. Anyone else that thank you but no thank you email today/tonight?

Solo in Winter Park, Florida

42 months ago

engard in Stevens Point, Wisconsin said: That is interesting. I guess the process order varies.
I applied 1/18

longer application 1/19
phone interview 1/19
language interview 1/21 The interview is 3 questions and its an automated interview.

I applied at USairways, also I see Virgin America is hiring right now. All other major airlines I checked aren't hiring. How about yourself?

Hi, how are you doing?
i want to know about your language interview. You said it was 3 questions. What kind question was that? If you remember tell me something about that 3 questions?
thank you

aj in Hollywood, Florida

42 months ago

just had my F2F at Delta GO. When I was done I noticed that a few people who I started the interview process in my group where not there at the end. I assume that they had been offered a job and got picked. When I was done they told me to wait 3 weeks for an email to see if I got accepted. If they wanted me they would have told me so that they could fingerprint me and drug test me. Oh well, it was an interesting experience. I guess I was not what they wanted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.