Delta first phone interview?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

here2fly in Fort Lee, New Jersey

90 months ago

Hi.
I'm new to both this site and to the flight attendant career. I just applied on line and had my first interview. I'm a little lost as to where I stand. I don't know if it went well or not...
The man asked me questions about, customers complaining about babies crying,
and about, 3 cary ons when you're only allowed 2.

I answered, I'd do my best to to help a mother calm her baby (but there's only so much you can do, if a baby want's to cry, it'll keep right on crying) (I didn't say what's in the brackets)

and for the cary on, I answered that I'd check to see if there would be enough space, if so I'd allow the customer to stow it in the overhead. if not I said that I didn't know Deltas protocols for such a situation so I couldn't answer...

DID I TOTALY SCREW IT UP?!?!?

I do speak 4 languages and I answered positively to the online questions. I'm hoping the first phone interview wasn't a MAGIOR stepping stone which can't go over looked.

I did however hear something in a film once about allowing a customer with to many cary ons to buy a second seat to accommodate the need for extra luggage. But that was a film. I didn't want to say something that I wasn't sure of.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Schaumburg, Illinois

90 months ago

Hi Here2fly: Welcome to the sometimes crazy world of flying!
There's another site that has a lot of good information about Delta, look under
Indeed forum delta flight attendant employment (I google it). I'm sure you did fine in the phone interview and your languages will be a total plus for you at Delta. There are quite a few of us who are waiting for face to face interviews in Atlanta, hope to see you there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

here2fly in Fort Lee, New Jersey

90 months ago

Mary in Schaumburg, Illinois said: Hi Here2fly: Welcome to the sometimes crazy world of flying!
There's another site that has a lot of good information about Delta, look under
Indeed forum delta flight attendant employment (I google it). I'm sure you did fine in the phone interview and your languages will be a total plus for you at Delta. There are quite a few of us who are waiting for face to face interviews in Atlanta, hope to see you there!

Thanks so much!
I'll go check that out.
:)

Rodney in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

here2fly in Fort Lee, New Jersey said: Thanks so much!
I'll go check that out.
:)

Hello here2fly,
couple things....you might want to email this person ...
his name is "Ajay...his email majay88@yahoo.com)
he can help to guide you or get you in touch with someone he knows who has worked in the industry and familiar about interviews.

The other forum you might want to check out is on indeed titled
"Delta Flight Attendant interview" you might want to go back at lease 5-10 pages and read some posts there from Ajay, deltaFA and some other applicants...you can just read the posts and you don't have to post your situation at this point.

Good luck.

Rebecca in Monroe, Michigan

90 months ago

Hello Everyone...I applied on line yesterday....how long before they typically call?

karina in Lubbock, Texas

90 months ago

Does anyone know of an airline hiring nowadays?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.