Delta flight attendant interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 43655)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

SAM in East Weymouth, Massachusetts

81 months ago

Guys! I just talked to a recruiter which I even asked him if they notify an applicant once being rejected. And DAL recuiter said they do notify an applicant, rejected or qualified for a position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

america87 in Los Angeles, California said: Thank you Sam, though I not interviewing with CAL. I'm interviewing with skywest. I'm hoping for the best...and good luck to you too!

America87, i though you're interviewing with CAL. sorry.

81 months ago

Sorry again America87, those messages are for RYAN. I misread it.

RYAN in North Babylon, New York

81 months ago

Hello Sam , yeah i got my interview this coming friday for Continental , i am tri lingual , work for 3 years as an inground safety support in an airport , hope thats good for them and got great references, my passport exp in about ten more years ....Can u tell some of the question they ask you ?
i am so nervous my e mail is scalag2@mac.com

SAM in East Weymouth, Massachusetts said: Hi America 87. I had my interview with CAL last week, monday. I think, I didn't make it since I wasn't there the whole day. If CAL let you stay the whole day, that means they are interested of you.But on my case, I only had one interview and was sent back to the airport early. I was

ARI in San Diego, California

81 months ago

america87 in Los Angeles, California said: Thank you Sam, though I not interviewing with CAL. I'm interviewing with skywest. I'm hoping for the best...and good luck to you too!

i am also interviewing with SKYWEST next week. good luck!!!

america87 in Los Angeles, California

81 months ago

ARI in San Diego, California said: i am also interviewing with SKYWEST next week. good luck!!!

I'm interviewing on the 20th in L.A How about you?

ARI in San Diego, California

81 months ago

america87 in Los Angeles, California said: I'm interviewing on the 20th in L.A How about you?

NOV 14TH in san diego. I'll let you know how it goes :)

america87 in Los Angeles, California

81 months ago

ARI in San Diego, California said: NOV 14TH in san diego. I'll let you know how it goes :)

I have my days all mixed up, not a good thing! How exciting...Best of luck to you and do let me know.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Well they told me they would, and explained that they're running behind. If you feel unsure call them. Remember they have to build itenararies for evreyone coming from everywhere, humping passengers etc...not to mentions have interviews in place.

RYAN in West Babylon, New York

81 months ago

i got braces will that hurt my chances?

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

lol no way....

81 months ago

RYAN in North Babylon, New York said: Hello Sam , yeah i got my interview this coming friday for Continental , i am tri lingual , work for 3 years as an inground safety support in an airport , hope thats good for them and got great references, my passport exp in about ten more years ....Can u tell some of the question they ask you ?
i am so nervous my e mail is scalag2@mac.com

Hi Ryan. The interviewer didn't ask me many questions. She asked questions most about my past job.I don't know about others who have been to CAL interview. Good luck :-)

happy2beflying in Newport Beach, California

81 months ago

Ginger in Norwalk, California said: Well good luck to you all, and congrats to those who are awaiting the face to face interview!This process can be seriously frustrating...I went to Seattle just a couple weeks ago for a final interview with Alaska, and obvs. wasn't offered a spot in the training class. I was ok with not getting the offer, but I was frustrated because they didn't explain why I was chosen, but kept repeating that they want me to come back in 6 months...it seems futile to come back if I didn't know why they didn't make me an offer in the first place. But hey, I got a trip to Seattle out of the deal! I am excited about Delta, and can't wait to get my itinerary! I've already started studying for my bilingual test...I think that part makes me the most nervous!!

Do you have any tips about studying for your bilingual test? What language are you bilingual in? Are there any books or cd's etc. out there specifically for flight attendants?

Did you apply with Continental Airlines -- they are also a great airline!

Ginger in Norwalk, California

81 months ago

happy2beflying in Newport Beach, California said: Do you have any tips about studying for your bilingual test? What language are you bilingual in? Are there any books or cd's etc. out there specifically for flight attendants?

Did you apply with Continental Airlines -- they are also a great airline!

I haven't applied with them yet, but maybe I will, thanks!! Well, as far as I know, the tests vary between companies. So far I've been using old Spanish text books to study from. A flight attendant for Alaska recommended the Rosetta Stone CD's and books to study with. I figure brushing up on future tense (i.e. "we will be arriving...") and basic airport/travel/safety vocabulary would be the most helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Hello you guys I wish you luck with the language test. Not to discourage you but I hear they are really, really hard. I know at Continental you speak on the phone with someone in that country to determine if you can speak and understand the language or not. The discussion can range from anything to sports, politics, government etc....hope this helps.

81 months ago

M you know something about the interview on CO what exactly they look for

M in Houston, Texas said: Hello you guys I wish you luck with the language test. Not to discourage you but I hear they are really, really hard. I know at Continental you speak on the phone with someone in that country to determine if you can speak and understand the language or not. The discussion can range from anything to sports, politics, government etc....hope this helps.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

It's hard to say. I pesonally asked a recruiter and they don't even know what they look for. So all I can tell you is be yourself and hope your selected.

81 months ago

Thanks, M. I've heard the same about the test. Do you know if your spot in training is contingent upon you passing the bilingual test?

Ryan-I think its safe to say that as long as you keep smiling and participating you will do well. Make sure you look polished and put together. Also, during group activities/group interview make sure that you are a team player...not too much of a leader, but also not shy. Its a thin line, but I think it's really important. I would read the Continental website...their mission statement, job description, etc. Those are good things to be able to draw from when answering interview questions, and its a good lead on what types of personalities they look to hire.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Yes it is provided you are invited to training. You will not take the language test until you're invited into training and it's not until the 2nd week I think.

jm in Farmingdale, New York

81 months ago

i interviewed with DL back in the spring. i was told i did very well on the interview, but failed the language test.
a good sign that they like you is when they send you for a drug screening. i did that. all of the other people who were sent for the drug screening with me, were hired! they also, were NATIVE speakers of spanish, korean, chinese, czech, and french. they are looking for FLUENT speakers in other languages and of course, english. unless they have changed their policy on knowing another language since april, they WANT fluency, not h.s. or college spanish.
i interviewd in one day. i was there from 8 in the morning, until 6 in the evening. it was a very long day.
the language test was answering several questions in the other language. it took about 10 min. unless you're fluent, it will be difficult. again, this was back in april, they might have changed their qualifications or even the language test, but something tells me they didn't. good luck to all of you!!!! be yoursevles and enjoy the experience. j.m. :)

81 months ago

Thank you! That really helps.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Hey Randy, I applied 11/2 also. I haven't heard anything either. I'm going to call later tonight to see what's going on. It is taking awhile it seems but hey all we can do is wait and see what happens.

Gary in Chicago, Illinois

81 months ago

Hey M....did you call yet? Just wondering what they said. I'm getting antsy to find out when my face to face is!

81 months ago

Nothing from Delta yet since my phone interview on Thursday ,and i dont want to call and for them to tell me just wait ............. oh well !... Well i got to get ready for my CO interview this week ....Hope everything works out ....

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

No I haven't I will call them shortly. I will let you know.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Cool for FA with Continental. I used to be a FA for them. Before you ask what they look for. I can honestly tell you I have no idea. You have those with tons of airline experience that don't make it etc....I personally asked a recruiter and was told I really don't know what we look for we just know it when we see it and talk to the candidate. Good luck. Be yourself, give honest answers and never be afraid to say I can't wait to live in Newark lol....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Yeah I used to fly for an international based FA for Continental.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

The money wasn't enough for me at the time and it was something I did on a whim. I mean I went from making 60,000 a year to 19,000 and still had the big bills to support it. I was drowning and lost the interest. Now things are better and all of my bills are near zero. I mean I will have some but nothing like it was. It was a great job and that's why I'm getting back with Delta. Unfortunately, I left too soon to go back to CAL otherwise I would. I saw the world, India, Germany, Scotland, Ireland you name it I've been there just about. Delta is going to be great also. I'm calling them at 9...I killed my cell minutes lol

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Also it wakes stepping away sometime to get things in order. I'm tired of managing people in an office setting and I like traveling.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Tmobile lol Im about to call now.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Ok to all that applied with Delta and was invited to the face to face interview. I just called and asked the timeframe and the recruiter was unsure. But, the recruiter made it certain that I (we) will be contacted. I called back and asked if there was a problem with calling to check the status for flying to Atlanta and she explained that she understood my position and asked me if I was excited? and said I could call as much as I like. But with being reassured that I will get a call I will wait to receive the call. I can bet the mark each time they call and listen to your personality over the phone each time. I could be wrong but hey I hope this helps you all.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Cool I will do the same.....we may be classmates. We may fly up the same day too. Man this is a better network of folk than I had at CAL we will probably go there as friends.

81 months ago

i am still waiting to see if i got accepted for a face to face , why ? most people got told after the final phone interview .... u think they are not interested in me, i just want to know asap ? you think i should call to find out .....what u think mate , i am not english by the way .........

81 months ago

Hey M...thanks for making the call for the group of us. haha It's killing me to wait for this long. I just want a date so I can calm down and just look forward to that day. haha How are you holding in there?

Randy...were you told you'd be going down for a face to face? Congrats if so!

81 months ago

mile high club for sure if we get hire

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

i am still waiting to see if i got accepted for a face to face , why ? most people got told after the final phone interview .... u think they are not interested in me, i just want to know asap ? you think i should call to find out .....what u think mate , i am not english by the way .........

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Call them. See what they tell you, there is nothing wrong with that. Let me know.

81 months ago

Oh alright. Awesome. Another FA? Sounds like both of us have the inside connections. haha Kidding. I know a few senior mammas there. Interesting that they actually contact that person and talk to them about you.

81 months ago

RYAN in North Babylon, New York said: mile high club for sure if we get hire

You're bad. haha If only you knew ;-)haha

81 months ago

Gary i just can imaging , but its great

Gary in Chicago, Illinois said: You're bad. haha If only you knew ;-)haha

81 months ago

Tisk tisk. Trying to make us all look bad. lol You haven't heard anything back from them if you're going for a face to face?

81 months ago

nope , i already when through the whole process , at my last phone interview they told me they will contact me ...but nada yet......just waiting to see if i am good enough for them to have a face to face , its so annoying

Randy in Olathe, Kansas said: No way!!! i would never do that! Nope -- just waiting for my initial call still. No face to face date yet. Is there anyone that has a face to face date yet?

81 months ago

I don't think they've scheduled anyone for a face to face yet. I'm completely fine with it too...if it means I can make the Jan 7 class, they can take all the time they want. So you sent your resumee and everything in...and you havent even been through the first set of questions yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Randy I thought you were going to bed. haha It is frustrating!! I'm a flight attendant now and I've been wanting to go to mainline Delta since I started. It's where I originally wanted to start. But, I know this wait is all worth it....for that red tie. haha This website is getting frustrating too. My AIM is thevocalist86 (I was an opera major). You guys can IM me. lol I'm too lazy to keep clicking the refresh button.

81 months ago

yeh hope i find something out tomorrow mate can't wait to form part of the mile high club

81 months ago

RYAN in North Babylon, New York said: yeh hope i find something out tomorrow mate can't wait to form part of the mile high club

Do you have AIM? IM me.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

LOL that would be cool.

81 months ago

What would be cool?

Natasha in Pompano Beach, Florida

81 months ago

Okay, the "mile high club," I've heard about with passengers. But what are YOU guys talking about? Fill me in...lol

81 months ago

Man since Thursday .... still waiting to see if i made it for a face to face ..... how much more do i have to wait to find out ????????

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.