Delta flight attendant interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 43655)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

RYAN in West Babylon, New York

81 months ago

No ADA , just waiting for you to make the call so you can tell us for sure lol team work

Ada in Liberty, North Carolina said: I also received a call from unavailable this morning around 8:30am, no message left so assuming it was Delta.
For those that missed their calls as well, did you call back or did they send an e-mail?
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ada in Liberty, North Carolina

81 months ago

lol, well all I got was that they'd call me, hopefully they'll call soon.
Sorry I don't have better news.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Call them, that's what their there for

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Well I don't know what else to say. Don't lose too much sleep though, if it's something that supposed to happen it will. I will keep you in my thoughts and hopefully they will contact you soon. If you see 1-000-000-000 it's them, so answer. At any rate I'll keep my fingers crossed o.k.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

its possible its not them? , i got a call 1-000-000-000 this morning but if it was them they should had left a message , i didnt get no message on my phone just the call

M in Houston, Texas said: Well I don't know what else to say. Don't lose too much sleep though, if it's something that supposed to happen it will. I will keep you in my thoughts and hopefully they will contact you soon. If you see 1-000-000-000 it's them, so answer. At any rate I'll keep my fingers crossed o.k.

81 months ago

Oh , do you a notice in your e mail also?

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Well true but just answer. I almost didn't it and it was Sara with Delta Human Resources giving me all of the specifics about my trip etc....

Gary in Chicago, Illinois

81 months ago

Hey M...did you get the your flight info and everything? When is your face to face? I'm waiting on the email from them with my flight into/what to bring, etc.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Hey Gary I didn't get it yet..I chose Fri Nov 29 at 12:30 when is yours? I'm waiting on the email as well. From the email is when we contact reservations etc...right or are they preparing the flight?

Stefanie

81 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knows the salary and what the overtime and per diem pay are. No one has mentioned any of this on this forum. This is the one thing that concerns me most and probably will be the deciding factor simply because I recently spoket to someone working as a flight attendant for Continental and this person said he could't affored to work for them anymore. I imagine that Delta pays the same as Continental. Does anyone have any information? Thanks!

81 months ago

Hey M. I'm on Wed Nov 28...and just so you know you're interview is on a Thursday ;-) I thought you already had your email with everything in it, that's why I asked. Was going to be jealous...but no need. haha I was told that everything would be in the email like what to bring/wear, headquarters address, and flight info. They told me to give it about five days and if I don't have it by then to call and get it.

81 months ago

for people who finish the process but had to call to see if we made to a face to face , when should we start giving up ?

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Oh o.k. thanks for the information. I was listening but you know how excitement takes over. Actually my interview is Nov 30 sorry so it's that Friday. She explained that it may depend on the time of my interview to decide which reservation I would chose. Obviously if it's at 12:30 on Fri I don't think there is a flight.....that would get me there earlier enough so she told me if I had to come up early I would be responsible for hotel arrangements. Not a big deal cause I have friends there. Would you like to be based in Atl of Jfk? I think I would put in my transfer for atl immediately

Stefanie

81 months ago

Thanks M in Houston. What does DL current mean? Is that the salary or is it the column next to that one? No, it isn't a lot of money, especially when you live in New York. The problem with many airlines is that they don't adjust the pay rate according to the city in which the employee lives. $17 an hour might be a liveable wage for Topeka, Kansas but not for New York City.

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Yeah I understand that. When I'm thinking it was showing what you could have started at back when before the cuts, and effective Nov 2005 is the current pay. That was two years ago so who knows and we will see. They have emerged out of bankruptcy so it could be more. NY standards no, Kansas yes. That only means you need to fly and stay away from base to make big checks. I don't even know what the garuntee is.

81 months ago

Stefanie said: Thanks M in Houston. What does DL current mean? Is that the salary or is it the column next to that one? No, it isn't a lot of money, especially when you live in New York. The problem with many airlines is that they don't adjust the pay rate according to the city in which the employee lives. $17 an hour might be a liveable wage for Topeka, Kansas but not for New York City.

Stefanie...I know how you feel. I live in Chicago so I know the pain of big city prices. Everyone thinks we make alot....and those tend to be the passengers on flights to Iowa where, yes we do make a good amount of money for their living standars. It'd do-able. We work on planes because we love to fly and see the world...not for the money. Good luck to you!!

M...I prefer to be JFK based, however ATL is my second choice. Also, my friends who work/worked for Delta tell me that if you're "JFK" based you're really New York based and work all three area airport. I don't mind LaGuardia working Delta Shuttle flights they're actually kind of nice short hops to work, but I have never been to Newark and have no clue where Delta would fly out of there! haha

Stefanie

81 months ago

I've looked into corporate flights but they seem to want experience as a flight attendant. For me this a big career change that I really want to try but, at the same time, I have to think about salary as well as having a non-unionized job. I have been part of the nation's biggest union (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees) for years. To go from that to a job that could be here today but gone tomorrow is really scary for me. I have the Delta page open right now and have completed the little pre-interview process. I am debating whether or not to submit the answers and my resume`.

Nakita (in windsor NY) in Susquehanna, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

Jacob in Brooklyn, New York said: I am interested in knowing if anyone took the delta FA interview and what the process is.

Hi, I have been applying to be a flight attendant for the last month or so, and yesterday I realized I had totally forgotten about Delta. I did the whole process, submitting my resume, did the first phone interview, the online assessment with application, and I JUST minutes ago received the email telling me to call and do my phone interview. I was just curious as to what it was like, or if it is comparable to the first? Just wondering, I guess if you are yourself & honest then it should be ok. And to you who is sick in the hospital...Get well. I am just curious as to what happened that would put you in the hospital that long due to this job...? Feel better!!!

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Yeah...I can see that Cause you could fly from JFK to ATL and do a international or whatever...Delta is huge overseas so we could be doing alot of international flying. Delta shuttle wouldn't something we would do if we're mainline. Those planes are the smaller planes. It's like Continental express and Continental mainline. I could work our mainline planes but not express. We wont be certified to. Usually it's only one FA to 51 passengers. I prefer to be with a crew it's more fun

81 months ago

.......I have travel all over the world , you name it been there due to my last job , you think that's a plus and should i emphasize it on my interview???.......

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Sure why not, I would mention that because that means you have experienced different cultures etc...

81 months ago

Hey M...no Delta Shuttle is on an MD88 from LGA to DCA or BOS. It's mainline. I used to fly into LGA and do Delta Shuttle flights (even though I was Delta Connection) between LGA and MDW. I know quite a bit about Delta since I work for Delta Connection and I'm always talking to Delta people and nonreving on them all the time. ATL has alot of international, but alot of it is South America and it being the headquarters I'm worried that we'd be very junior there. If they need people in JFK like they say, the I think now is the time to get in there and gain seniority...and JFK is the gateway to Europe, starting up to Nairobi, Kenya, Cairo, Egypt...blah blah blah. I think they're trying to expand the hub so I think right now JFK would be the perfect place to be based if you plan on staying awhile. haha

M in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

ok cool well those would be my least favorite lol...JFK would be good because we would probably see alot of international trips...

Nakita (in windsor NY) in Susquehanna, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

Ok, so i just posted on here like an hour ago because i was curious about my telephone interview. I just got off the phone with Delta and it's not bad...I got selected to come down to Atlanta! Good luck to all :)!!!

81 months ago

Congrats Nakita hope u do well on your interview .....well it just prove me that whoever did not get the ''congratulation you are selected for a face to face interview'' right away after the 2nd phone interview did not made it ...i won't sweat it no more .....

Nakita (in windsor NY) in Susquehanna, Pennsylvania said: Ok, so i just posted on here like an hour ago because i was curious about my telephone interview. I just got off the phone with Delta and it's not bad...I got selected to come down to Atlanta! Good luck to all :)!!!

Natasha in Pompano Beach, Florida

81 months ago

Yeah, Ryan, I feel the same way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Congrats Nakita!! See you down there!! The second interview isn't that difficult at all. It's basically the same as the first but more "what would you do if..."s Are you a FA now? It took them about two weeks to call me to schedule my face to face...BUT they weren't scheduling us to go down when I applied. I would think that you will get a call within the next few days since now they are starting to schedule us to go down to ATL.

Ryan and Natasha...don't quit! I have a friend who is in your same position. He called today and they told him that if he isn't contacted by the 20th to call them so they can get the ball rolling. If things go for the worse...there are plenty of other airlines that are hiring right now!

81 months ago

Gary, thanks for the kind words. I've become less enthusiastic lately, but I'll hang in there! All my best wishes to you! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ambitious SAM in Boston, Massachusetts

81 months ago

To others who haven't had a 2nd phone interview yet, I just talked to a recruiter tonight. She told me all applicants can receive a call before Thanksgiving and just have little patience while waiting for a call from a recruiter.

Stef in Brooklyn, New York

81 months ago

Does your being bilingual mean that you will mostly or always fly to the country that speaks that language?

Chris in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

Stef in Brooklyn, New York said: Does your being bilingual mean that you will mostly or always fly to the country that speaks that language?

Yes, but some airline can stick you also to some really bad scheduling even you bid for what you want. But most likely they wil send you as an add-on in a flight to the country where your language skills applied.

Ibelieveicanfly in Atlanta, Georgia

81 months ago

Hey u guys, been reading your post now for a few days....just havent contributed. Seems like alot of really excited people, which is really good.

well I have been thru all that everyone on here has been thru also, and I got my call to schedule my facf/face on 11/29. So just be patient and they will call. seems like my whole process took about a month.

I'm excited as well, but nervous cause I havent heard from anyone who has been thru Delt's face/face interviews yet, so I think I may be in the 1st group.

I speak Japanese, but afarid I may not pass the test....The Japanese language is so tricky in that their level of language compentency is often higher than what we think.

My question is if Delta likes you and hires you, but you fail the test...do you still go on to training, or is it a lost cause?

Good Luck to all of you!

Stef in Brooklyn, New York

81 months ago

What does the language test consist of? I imagine it's mostly oral....does it include reading and writing as well. Has anyone taken it before?

Ibelieveicanfly in Atlanta, Georgia

81 months ago

Cool!
well guess only time will tell

island-clo in Honolulu, Hawaii

81 months ago

Yea, I just got my call yesterday saying there gonna fly me out in early Dec, I've been studying the Delta interview overview I bought so I know what to expect and how to respond the the questions there going to ask. I'm excited thanks Manuel for some of the insight....

Nikki from Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

81 months ago

Does everyone here already have a passport? Do you need one to apply to be a flight attendant with Delta?

81 months ago

Yes, NIKKI, they want you to have a valid passport-- so you can travel right after training, I suppose.

island-clo in Honolulu, Hawaii

81 months ago

I have mine but its best that you do have one just in case they ask for it or you can present a receipt showing that your passport is being processed..You dont need one to apply but they do ask on the application if you have a passport or not...

81 months ago

RYAN, if as IBELIEVEICANFLY said it took a whole month for a face-to-face, maybe we can start hoping again..hahaha

81 months ago

I would love to apply but I don't know how quickly I could get my passport. I think I'am going to order one thru a passport expeditor service, it's more expensive but I really want to be a FA.

81 months ago

umm.. i don't know Natasha , i really want at least have a chance for a face to face interview with Delta and I don't like being pessimistic , but i just stop stressing about Delta, I hated being all anxious about and 95 % percent of the people going to a face to face got told after their second phone interview but not us...well anyways i am happy in the other hand ,right now i am just concentrating on my interview on Tuesday with CO ...

Natasha in Pompano Beach, Florida said: RYAN, if as IBELIEVEICANFLY said it took a whole month for a face-to-face, maybe we can start hoping again..hahaha

81 months ago

and by the way , if we do get call for a face to face it will make it more special right .....save the best for last huh?lol

81 months ago

Thanks for the information.

81 months ago

RYAN....Right!!!!! LOL

81 months ago

Nikki. I think you need your passport for training. A friend of mine who was hired a few months ago as a language speaker and said that after you learn an aircraft you go on your IOE for that plane (Initial Occupational Experience -- do you know what you're doing onboard). So there's probably a possibility of leaving the country while still in training when taking a 777 or 767 IOE or even a 757 or 737 to Central/South America. Expediting your passport is expensive but worth it. I recently had to do that when my old one expired. Good luck!

81 months ago

How long did it take to get your passport back. What company did you use?

81 months ago

Does your friend work for delta?

81 months ago

I think it took about two weeks for my passport to get to me. The normal time, I think, is about six weeks. I always get my passport through the post office. Look on the USPS website to find one near you that can take your picture and you can do everything in less than 30min. They also have the forms for passports at a post office.

Yes, my friend is an ATL based Flight Attendant. I also have a friend who worked for Delta for 20yrs who was JFK and later ATL based.

81 months ago

Thanks for all the info!!! When did you get your passport renewed?

81 months ago

Nikki from Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: Thanks for all the info!!! When did you get your passport renewed?

I renewed my passport over a year ago for the current airline that I'm with. They're good for like 10 or 15yrs.

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.