Delta flight attendant interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32551 to 32600 of 43687)
Page:  « First « Previous   649  650  651  652  653  654  655  Next »   Last »

Waiting2non-LOD in Vashon, Washington

50 months ago

Hey question does red or white wine go with a Cinnabon?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anjers in Gilbert, Arizona

50 months ago

Awesomette in Nashville, Tennessee said: A Cinnabon party sounds like it's just what this forum needs tonight :)

I agree!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danney in LA, California

50 months ago

Dirty Jerz in Edison, New Jersey said: 5. The interview process is broken down into 3 parts: A. a Physical (they'll go over your paper work and make sure you brought everything then they'll take your picture); B. you will get an interview w/ 2 delta reps who have no say in your hiring process. They will ask you 6 questions that have nothing to do w/ your resume like: give an example where you had to deal w/ a co-worker who you were not getting along with and how your dealt with it. You'll have 6 questions like that. C. You get a Q&A session w/ an airline attendant where she will break down the basics to the job.
6. There will be 45 other applicants along w/ you at the interview. You will all be broken into groups of 3 (about 15 per group) and you will each do parts A, B, and C.
7. As the whole process is taking place, pay attention to the people around you - people will start to disappear. Theses people who are disappearing will get finger printed and drug tested. Then they will go home while you stay along for the Delta ride. As they disappear more Delta reps will flood the room to make it appear like the same amount of people are still there.
My take on this: What a waste of time and money if you are not picked. Also I know I'm more than qualified for the position. I can't figure out what their qualifications are for the FA position. It's the most bizarre interview I've ever been to. Not once did they ask you to make your case as to why you want to be a FA.Good luck to all those interested.if you get hired tell us how u did it

What is the Delta ride in the end of the day?

Delta Dad in Anaheim, California

50 months ago

Anjers in Gilbert, Arizona said: I agree!

Hi All, Based on the last several pages, I'd guess we're still in the group that will get F2F invites. On the other Forum, someone had an F2F on 11/1, and got the rejection email today. If we were going to be removed, I think that would have happened today. (Fingers Crossed). Cinnabons for Everyone! I'll take either red or white wine! Time for bed. -DD

50 months ago

Delta Dad in Anaheim, California said: Hi All, Based on the last several pages, I'd guess we're still in the group that will get F2F invites. On the other Forum, someone had an F2F on 11/1, and got the rejection email today. If we were going to be removed, I think that would have happened today. (Fingers Crossed). Cinnabons for Everyone! I'll take either red or white wine! Time for bed. -DD

Good night honey! Talk to you later.

50 months ago

Good night John-boy. Good night Betty-sue. LOL

FutureFA in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

DeltaFA in Pensacola, Florida said: Hoping to adding some bits of wisdom for those rejected. You might want to look into going with a regional (Skywest, ASA, GoJet, etc) for a couple of years and then reapplying at Delta. Think of it as the minors leading to the majors. Not everyone goes right from college to the big leagues... the majority go to the minors first... Hope that helps.

Hi there,
I have a few question about apparel for the interview What is best for the FA interview...
Skirt suit or pants suit? pantyhose color? if hair is short shoulder length(collarbone) Still pin the hair up, or shoulder length is fine to wear down with bang??
Thank you in adavance..

50 months ago

Waiting2non-LOD in Vashon, Washington said: Good night John-boy. Good night Betty-sue. LOL

cute! :0)

I replied to your previous post about which wine goes best.... but my comment has disappeared twice! hmmmm...

High Hopes in Manteca, California

50 months ago

Awesomette in Nashville, Tennessee said: Non-LOD
Applied 8/28
Completed Application 9/22
Phone Interviews 10/28

Patiently waiting on a f2f :)

I'm waiting also.... applied 9/27; phone interviews 11/4; waiting for f2f. My birthday is on the 21st and a trip to Atlanta would be a loveley present!! Won't say which birthday, but if it's true your date of birth determines seniority in the training class (and I actually make it that far!), I'm sure I will be one of the seniors!!

I am so sorry for those who received "sad" letters. I've been religiously following this forum since 9/27 (even though I rarely post), and I feel a connection with so many of you. I am very sure that 6 months from now when you can reapply, there will likely be attrition in the training classes and they will need to reopen hiring. Best of luck to everyone! =)

50 months ago

I do want those RED shoes though:)

50 months ago

FutureFA in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi there,
I have a few question about apparel for the interview What is best for the FA interview...

I can only tell you from my experiences with other airlines because I have yet to attend a F2F with Delta. From what I have read on the past comments it really has varied quite a lot on who was wearing what when they received a CJO.
Generally you want to look as though you are already a FA. You want to look as though you already belong and will have no problems with adhering to the strict rules on how you are to look while working.
* A nice pump with a heal no higher than 3", in black, close toes, no sling backs, also no embellishments on them. A shoe that can be polished as well.
* Either a skirt or pant suit will work (well unless you are a male, then you only have the one option on this one :0) ) A nice neutral color, nothing flashy. Think professional. Wear whichever one will make you feel your best and most confident!
* Pantyhose: a neutral or black... but no tights!
* Hair...ahhhh.... now that seems to be the million dollar question on here! Me personally, I have hair down to the middle of my back and feel that I look best and most professional with it pulled back in a nice ponytail. I do not have any bangs hanging down into my face. When you are working most airlines will require you to have your hair pulled back so that it does not fall into our guests drinks and food. During my interview I prefer not to have it falling in my face and distracting my interviewers. But from what I have read on here, there have been many different hairstyles at the f2f and it didn't seem to really matter. Again I think it comes down to how you feel you look your best. con't....

50 months ago

con't....
Make sure if you do have bangs that they are not in your eyes.
Jewelry: Keep it simple! Please do not forget to wear a watch!!
Cover up all tattoos if you have any!

And most importantly....show off those pearly whites and smile! A real smile, with your eyes. Enjoy and have fun meeting new people.
Best of luck to you!!

50 months ago

High Hopes in Manteca, California said: I'm waiting also.... applied 9/27; phone interviews 11/4; waiting for f2f. My birthday is on the 21st and a trip to Atlanta would be a loveley present!! Won't say which birthday, but if it's true your date of birth determines seniority in the training class (and I actually make it that far!), I'm sure I will be one of the seniors!!

I am so sorry for those who received "sad" letters. I've been religiously following this forum since 9/27 (even though I rarely post), and I feel a connection with so many of you. I am very sure that 6 months from now when you can reapply, there will likely be attrition in the training classes and they will need to reopen hiring. Best of luck to everyone! =)

Good to see that we have some other nice folks hanging out here floating with us in the pool. And that would be a terrific birthday present!! Lots of positive thoughts being sent your way!

Boobs in Manassas, Virginia

50 months ago

Anjers in Gilbert, Arizona said: I can only tell you from my experiences with other airlines because I have yet to attend a F2F with Delta. From what I have read on the past comments it really has varied quite a lot on who was wearing what when they received a CJO.
Generally you want to look as though you are already a FA. You want to look as though you already belong and will have no problems with adhering to the strict rules on how you are to look while working.
* A nice pump with a heal no higher than 3", in black, close toes, no sling backs, also no embellishments on them. A shoe that can be polished as well.
* Either a skirt or pant suit will work (well unless you are a male, then you only have the one option on this one :0) ) A nice neutral color, nothing flashy. Think professional. Wear whichever one will make you feel your best and most confident!
* Pantyhose: a neutral or black... but no tights!
* Hair...ahhhh.... now that seems to be the million dollar question on here! Me personally, I have hair down to the middle of my back and feel that I look best and most professional with it pulled back in a nice ponytail. I do not have any bangs hanging down into my face. When you are working most airlines will require you to have your hair pulled back so that it does not fall into our guests drinks and food. During my interview I prefer not to have it falling in my face and distracting my interviewers. But from what I have read on here, there have been many different hairstyles at the f2f and it didn't seem to really matter. Again I think it comes down to how you feel you look your best. con't....

Well dont be so sure of that Anjers. I have seen people walking in with their hair looking like motley crue and getting hired. In fact one time someone wore no heels but flip flops as if they were going to the beach and walked right on out with a invite to training. Just dont imitate the uniform big no no! ha

Boobs in Manassas, Virginia

50 months ago

are the emails talking about the F2f still being sent out? or was that a one time thing?

lovetoflyagain in Saint Petersburg, Florida

50 months ago

isafluyingsoon in Sarasota, Florida said: can you share when it was that? i am waiting for my second language test. I got the CJO 3 weeks ago. thanks

it is reading and answering questions in your language, all about everyday things, no STAR!!! No problem if you are fluent!! Good luck!

Daydreaming in Howard beach, New York

50 months ago

FutureFA in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi there,
Skirt suit or pants suit? pantyhose color? if hair is short shoulder length(collarbone) Still pin the hair up, or shoulder length is fine to wear down with bang??
Thank you in adavance..

I personally think that a skirt suit is more appropriate, remember that Delta is a very conservative and that is the look that you are looking for. Wear a dark suit, Navy, Gray, Black with black pantyhose and a white button down shirt. The hair style doesnt really matter, just do whatever makes you feel comfortable, but make sure to keep it off your face. Maybe you can brush it to the side and pin it in a classy sophisticated manner. Natural make up and nails. Keep the jewelery to a minimum and add a best smile to it :-)

50 months ago

Your*

Awesomette in Nashville, Tennessee

50 months ago

Waiting2non-LOD in Vashon, Washington said: I do want those RED shoes though:)

Me too! Those outfits are pretty snazzy if I do say so myself

50 months ago

Boobs in Manassas, Virginia said: Well dont be so sure of that Anjers. I have seen people walking in with their hair looking like motley crue and getting hired. In fact one time someone wore no heels but flip flops as if they were going to the beach and walked right on out with a invite to training. Just dont imitate the uniform big no no! ha

I understand that some people dont pay much attention to these details and at the end it is a personal decision. But you only get one chance, and you want to show them the best of you. Believe me when I say that they DO notice these things and take the time to tell you "You look great"

ReadyWhenYouAre in Rockford, Illinois

50 months ago

SAD :( I got my email from Delta saying I have not been selected at this time, but may reapply in the future. To all of you here with a desire to be the next Safety Professionals in the sky, I would like to personally wish you all the best in all you do. Focus in training, and always remember, remain positive in all you do. I dream you all elevate the Delta brand and hope to travel on your flights in the near future.
I will definitely try again, until then, I will continue my passion for in-flight where I am currently. Fly safe, WOrk That Aisle Hard, always keep your galleys secured ;), and Rock the Skies.
SEE YA !

DODO in San Diego, California

50 months ago

Oi tudo bem !?
Sou brasileiro tambem e moro em San Diego na California.
Voce sabe se eles ainda estao contratando e entrevistando portuguese
speakers !?
Eu apliquei em setembro e fiz uma entrevista dia 4 de outubro.
O recruta me disse que eu fui bem e que eles me ligariam novamente para uma segunda entrevista e ate hoje nada.
Eu liguei para Delta 2 vezes e a recruta me garantiu que eles me ligariam, porem nunca se sabe.
Voce sabe de algo !?
Agradeco desde ja...

DODO in San Diego, California

50 months ago

Is there anyone still waiting for a second phone call !?
I did apply on 09/27 and I received a phone call on 10/04
The recruiter told me I did well and He also told me that I'd receive a second phone call for a 2nd interview.
I've been waitin for a month and no call at all.
I did call delta twice and this second time the recruiter told me they will call me and I need to be patient and wait cause it is a long process.
I've been checking here once a week and I see the most of people here received 2 calls already and a lot of you are ready for the F2F.
Does anyone know if they are still calling ppl for a 2nd phone interview ?
Does anyone know if they are still hiring or interviewing portuguese speakers !?

If someone know something please let me know
Thanks !

FAwanabe in Cordova, Tennessee

50 months ago

@Delta Dad - Romans 8:27. @Favor ain't Fair - James 1:3. Two of my favorites.

50 months ago

opps. typo. 28, not 27.

50 months ago

giveitashot in Washington said: Hey guys :)

Just wanted to let you know about today's f2f - I was in the 12:30 group and did get a CJO :) So that's exciting! There were 8 of us in the group - five Spanish speakers, including me, a Portuguese speaker, and two non-LODs. If you have any questions let me know!

And since this seems to be a hot topic of conversation right now - I have shoulder-length hair I wore down (and I have side bangs as well), a black skirt suit, nude nylons, and black pumps. And I didn't have a watch, haha.

Congratulations, giveitashot.

50 months ago

Just wanted to let you know about today's f2f - I was in the 12:30 group and did get a CJO :) So that's exciting! There were 8 of us in the group - five Spanish speakers, including me, a Portuguese speaker, and two non-LODs. If you have any questions let me know!

And since this seems to be a hot topic of conversation right now - I have shoulder-length hair I wore down (and I have side bangs as well), a black skirt suit, nude nylons, and black pumps. And I didn't have a watch, haha.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing the great news with us. We need to remain positive and have faith.

777 & 747 lover in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

I'd like to know what's the interview process like and sorta what kinda questions they ask.

BRAZEHLEIRO_PORT*LOD in Washington, District of Columbia

50 months ago

YMDC in Valdemoro, Spain said: Well, it finally happened. Of course I had to be on vacation in Spain for them to call me for a F2F. Lol
At least I got the call!
I applied on Aug 30, LOD Portuguese. My interview is one week from tomorrow, Tuesday the 16th at 12:30. Anyone else going to be there? :)
This should be fun! ATL here I come!

Ei qual eh o teu email?

Miss patiently waiting in Ciampino, Italy

50 months ago

Hi all!
Ohh I recieved that dreaded email as well. I know how you all feel.
I guess it's time to reflect on the blessings we do have already. I feel sad cause I loved flying and after 4 years I let my husbands job and career take presidence over mine .... And I can't help but feel a little down when I think I may never have that chance again due to circumstances. Oh well, the airline industry is Just recovering, so people like sunflower, plz don't give up. I too never had a chance to even take the language test.
I've had the oppurtunity to come across some really good people. And now that this chapter is closed for now, I feel a bit sad to log off permantly from this online friendship.
Delta dad your a good man, with a big heart. I really hope you get your good news. And Mark, please come back with your thumbs up sign.
I will reapply in march, hopefully they'll be hiring still.
Good luck to all the rest. Everything does happen for a reason!
Blessings to you all!
Hugs

Tired of Waiting

50 months ago

I am truly sad for the people who did not get hired but we all know the inevitable was coming. I am sure DL has filled all the LOD and now are concentrating on non-LOD. After all they certainly did not lack for applicants. However, DL is NOT the only airline and I would hardily suggest to go and apply, apply, apply to other lines just to get your foot in the door. Truly, one line is almost like the others. At the pay being offered it just doesn't sense to pursue a dream that is not worthwile when you cannot survive. This job is mainly for those that have some sort of other means of income and the airlines know that. It is those people who get the job. Further, some chosen as many have observed, don't have the English skills they should have. If you still want the LOD positions, I can assure you those very people will not make in thru training and there will be further openings. There are many jobs other than airline that will make more money. Take them and set yourself up to Fly in the future after you get settled. It is not the end of the world and I truly wish you all the best. Don't let the turn downs get to you. Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tired of Waiting

50 months ago

Addedum: I forgot to add that many of those chosen, will not or cannot verify the information they supplied on the app and resume. In fact about 15-20% will not make it to training or start training and will be dismissed due to failure to pass background checks and there are those few who fail drug testing. This is not idle conversation, believe me I have seen it in person. Again, best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

OBL in Orlando, Florida

50 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I tried in Pinckney, Michigan

50 months ago

DeltaFA in Pensacola, Florida said: Hoping to adding some bits of wisdom for those rejected. You might want to look into going with a regional (Skywest, ASA, GoJet, etc) for a couple of years and then reapplying at Delta. Think of it as the minors leading to the majors. Not everyone goes right from college to the big leagues... the majority go to the minors first... Hope that helps.

No way! Go big or go home!!!

;) jk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

50 months ago

NO watch? You dare devil!

MEM2010 in Memphis, Tennessee

50 months ago

Delta Dad in Anaheim, California said: I lost track.... who's still in the Hunt?

<Applied Sept. 6.
<Phone interviews 10/9
<Non-LOD
<Waiting for F2F invite.

I'm still here Delta Dad!!!
Applied August 25
Phone Interviews August 26
Non-LOD
Waiting for F2F Invite

missy in Miami, Florida

50 months ago

I had my F2F yesterday at 7:30. We were 57 in that session. GOOD LUCK to everyone! Honestly everybody there was great and each and everyone there would make a great FA! The process was great and we all did good. GOOD LUCK!

50 months ago

missy in Miami, Florida said: I had my F2F yesterday at 7:30. We were 57 in that session. GOOD LUCK to everyone! Honestly everybody there was great and each and everyone there would make a great FA! The process was great and we all did good. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for posting Missy. Did you get a CJO?

Krisztike in Anaheim, California

50 months ago

missy in Miami, Florida said: I had my F2F yesterday at 7:30. We were 57 in that session. GOOD LUCK to everyone! Honestly everybody there was great and each and everyone there would make a great FA! The process was great and we all did good. GOOD LUCK!

Hey,did You get the cjo?K:)

missy in Miami, Florida

50 months ago

Krisztike in Anaheim, California said: Hey,did You get the cjo?K:)

Hi no I am not sure if anyone did. I didn't notice anyone disappearing.... but then again you never know hard to keep track of 57 but I looked around at the end and saw pretty much everybody there I think!!

Krisztike in Anaheim, California

50 months ago

missy in Miami, Florida said: Hi no I am not sure if anyone did. I didn't notice anyone disappearing.... but then again you never know hard to keep track of 57 but I looked around at the end and saw pretty much everybody there I think!!

Thanks for posting,just keep positive,You are still in the running,they might offer You a CJO in a few weeks.I saw that happen before...Good Luck to You:)K

Angelo747no1 in Athens, Greece

50 months ago

Yo yo yo ! what a great site! I was in the dark! I kind a still am, What's an F2F?
Hi there guys girls fliers and future ones. I 've been flying around Europe mostly out of Athens, Greece for the past 11 years. Have more than 9K hours in the skies and pretty soon Im gonna start glowing in the dark! Ha ha! Well this is the thing; Things with the Famous Greek Economics are driving the company I fly 4 2 start cutting back which means firing left n right costly workers mainly senior FA's K1's etc.Having been away from home for 13 years now I decided to apply for the multilingual FA Delta job. Just went through the phone interview a couple of days ago.... What's next? When is next? H E L P anyone!? Please! What are they looking for ? I m still flying where Im at but the immediate future dont look 2 good. Also any idea what the salary is ? What is the general cost of living in NY nowadays? I am from Brooklyn NY but I haven't lived there since 1997. I "saw" someone in this site from Howard Beach... need your eyes n ears and experteese on "living" there please. Got to run now on my way to Frankfurt, talk 2 u guys soon , GOOD LUCK 2 ALL and ESPECIALLY to you future ones. If you like the idea you are gonna looooove the job!!!

missy in Miami, Florida

50 months ago

missy in Miami, Florida said: Hi no I am not sure if anyone did. I didn't notice anyone disappearing.... but then again you never know hard to keep track of 57 but I looked around at the end and saw pretty much everybody there I think!!

Krisztike in Anaheim, California said: Thanks for posting,just keep positive,You are still in the running,they might offer You a CJO in a few weeks.I saw that happen before...Good Luck to You:)K

Thanks :} You too:} They pretty much said that they had so many people and weren't hiring anyone at the spot but then again you never know if that is true. I didn't exaclty do a head count.

Brazilian in in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

50 months ago

Kudos for you...PARABENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have some questions for you, can you e-mail me, please? brazfaftl@hotmail.com
Abracao e fica com Deus

Happy in Peachtree City, Georgia

50 months ago

WOW! Missed checking in here yesterday and sure had a lot to catch up on this AM! From what I gathered, it seems the "no longer competitive" email went out only to LOD applicants???? any non-LOD's get it?
Hope those who are disappointed will find the sun shining happily on them today.

50 months ago

Well, good luck. Hope you get that call.

missy in Miami, Florida

50 months ago

FAwanabe in Cordova, Tennessee said: Well, good luck. Hope you get that call.

Thank you :} You too :} Good luck :}

50 months ago

Happy in Peachtree City, Georgia said: WOW! Missed checking in here yesterday and sure had a lot to catch up on this AM! From what I gathered, it seems the "no longer competitive" email went out only to LOD applicants???? any non-LOD's get it?
Hope those who are disappointed will find the sun shining happily on them today.

It went to everyone, LOD, Non-LOD, Pre-F2F and Post F2F. Just like everything else, very random and no visible pattern :-(

imadeltaflygirl in Olive Branch, Mississippi

50 months ago

Happy in Peachtree City, Georgia said: WOW! Missed checking in here yesterday and sure had a lot to catch up on this AM! From what I gathered, it seems the "no longer competitive" email went out only to LOD applicants???? any non-LOD's get it?

Hey guys, a fellow regional fa friend of mine received the not most competitive email yesterday and she was a Non LOD. I saw it myself as we were ending a trip together.

50 months ago

Angelo747no1 in Athens, Greece said: Yo yo yo ! what a great site! I was in the dark! I kind a still am, What's an F2F?
Hi there guys girls fliers and future ones. I 've been flying around Europe mostly out of Athens, Greece for the past 11 years. Have more than 9K hours in the skies and pretty soon Im gonna start glowing in the dark! Ha ha! Well this is the thing; Things with the Famous Greek Economics are driving the company I fly 4 2 start cutting back which means firing left n right costly workers mainly senior FA's K1's etc.Having been away from home for 13 years now I decided to apply for the multilingual FA Delta job. Just went through the phone interview a couple of days ago.... What's next? When is next? H E L P anyone!? Please! What are they looking for ? I m still flying where Im at but the immediate future dont look 2 good. Also any idea what the salary is ? What is the general cost of living in NY nowadays? I am from Brooklyn NY but I haven't lived there since 1997. I "saw" someone in this site from Howard Beach... need your eyes n ears and experteese on "living" there please. Got to run now on my way to Frankfurt, talk 2 u guys soon , GOOD LUCK 2 ALL and ESPECIALLY to you future ones. If you like the idea you are gonna looooove the job!!!

Hi, Angelo741no1. Welcome to the forum. You might want to read back a number of pages. You will find a lot of valuable questions answered and discussed over and over. Just ignore the negative stuff. We try to be really positive on here.

Page:  « First « Previous   649  650  651  652  653  654  655  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.