Delta flight attendant interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43251 to 43300 of 43655)
Page:  « First « Previous   863  864  865  866  867  868  869  Next »   Last »

hellen o. in Atlanta, Georgia

17 months ago

M in Houston, Texas said: Well you should receive an email after taking the assessment. It will be after that when you will do your last a final interview advising you if you will be invited to Atlanta for a face to face interview. After the assessment it's pretty immediate but it's no harm in calling the 800 number. Every recruiter is very helpful and nice, when I was doing the process they were experiencing technical issues with the site. Call them so they can check and you may do you interview right then and there. I'm not hired yet, just invited to Atlanta and waiting on a call from HR with the arrangements. Let me know

hey what is the 800 number?
plus i've completed my application, and done one phone interview in which at the end the guy only said that I should just wait and they would let me know if I were to continue on the process..i havent heard anything yet. and my app online has said "under review" for about 2 months now.
should i take all this as a bad sign do u think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

brizzychick in Bear, Delaware

17 months ago

hellen o. in Atlanta, Georgia said: hey what is the 800 number?
plus i've completed my application, and done one phone interview in which at the end the guy only said that I should just wait and they would let me know if I were to continue on the process..i havent heard anything yet. and my app online has said "under review" for about 2 months now.
should i take all this as a bad sign do u think?

I wasnt going to say anything but I will....I applied as a non speaker a few months ago now, went through the assessments, was called for an interview via the phone, was told I had passed and that I would be invited for a F2F in Atlanta, asked which was my closest airport etc etc...and to expect a senior recruitter to call back and let me know which day I would be doing my f2f interview....

I never got another call back...instead I received a rejection letter...?? I thought it was really odd? Not sure if this happened to anyone else....and I wonder if I received this rejection letter because I have been given a job offer with another airline?

Anyone got any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doria in Miami, Florida

17 months ago

Wow! I'm just shocked how they told you all of this to then just give you a rejection, as far as them doing this cause you were offered another airline job, I highly doubt that... Oh and for the record I applied in Dec did a phone interview as well and still have not heard anything, my status on app says under review still? I'm so sorry for the rejection tho maybe it was not ment to be and you'll be better off in your other job offer..

Momma in Saint Petersburg, Florida

17 months ago

brizzychick in Bear, Delaware said: I wasnt going to say anything but I will....I applied as a non speaker a few months ago now, went through the assessments, was called for an interview via the phone, was told I had passed and that I would be invited for a F2F in Atlanta, asked which was my closest airport etc etc...and to expect a senior recruitter to call back and let me know which day I would be doing my f2f interview....

I never got another call back...instead I received a rejection letter...?? I thought it was really odd? Not sure if this happened to anyone else....and I wonder if I received this rejection letter because I have been given a job offer with another airline?

Anyone got any ideas?

No, how would they know you had another offer???

Brizxychick in Bear, Delaware

17 months ago

Momma in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: No, how would they know you had another offer???

Yeah. Good question

'Hire right' does the recruiting for most large mainlines. U remain in their books up until u start. They also do your background criminal checks.

Idk I'm happy with the airline I'm with - just curious the way delta did this. Odd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Momma in Saint Petersburg, Florida

17 months ago

Brizxychick in Bear, Delaware said: Yeah. Good question

'Hire right' does the recruiting for most large mainlines. U remain in their books up until u start. They also do your background criminal checks.

Idk I'm happy with the airline I'm with - just curious the way delta did this. Odd.

Don't really think one had anything to do with the other... I do think that a kit if recruiters just tell people they will be contacted and yada yada yada, even when they aren't hired. Another factor is that I think many applicants get lost in the shuffle with so many applicants!! I wouldn't worry about it, it is what it is and YAYYYY, you got another offer!! What airline are you going with??

Jae4LA in Elkton, Maryland

17 months ago

Brizxychick in Bear, Delaware said: Yeah. Good question

People Scout is the company who does the recruiting for Delta....Im sorry you received a TBNT however I believe the recruiters at people Scout just word their responses to candidates over the phone wrong. Although they said you passed...the interviews are not pass or fail there are levels to your responses. Those levels for the phone interview, along with the results of your assessment and the points you received from your resume determines who gets a f2f. Once the resume, assessment and phone interview are put together its sent to Delta HR who then sends it back to People Scout with a yay or Nay for the next step. Candidates are not actually in contact with anyone from Delta Airlines until they reach the F2F. People can not tell you if you are going to be invited to a F2F until your entire file has been reviewed. Now they may ask where you will be flying in from just to get that part out of the way in case you are invited for a F2F but that statement doesnt guarantee you will get the offer. I hope this somewhat clarifies the Hiring procedure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ebbes in New York, New York

17 months ago

most of us go through the same process. Even when they ask you which airport would be most convenient we are still not at the level where they would invite us for the face to face. Also it is actually illegal for hire right to give away information from 1 airline to the other. they know that would open doors for big lawsuits and they are trying to avoid that as much as possible.I believe there is some kind of confusion or misinterpretation on your part.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

[QUOTE who="Ebbes i" when they ask you which airport Also it is actually illegal for hire right to give away information from 1 airline to the other. they know that would open doors for big lawsuits and they are trying to avoid that as much as possible.I believe there is some kind of confusion or misinterpretation on your part.

Yeah Im confused...BUT Please... I MUST REITERATE...I am not by any means 'sour grapes' over this...I had my job offer before I did their phone interview. Which is why at the end of the ph call, I clarified what the interviewer meant by 'being accepted to go thru to the next level'., and thats when I was told that a senior recruitter will be contacting me now to discuss a F2F interview date. I had to know exactly what was happening in this process, so I 'asked' questions to understand exactly what they were saying..I was about to be sent for a medical and training with the other airline so I tried to obtain dates from Delta...not wanting that the two stages to clash...but the interviewer was unable to give any dates etc...which is fair enough. so...no I dont believe I misinterprated what was said to me. I dont think lawsuits are a likely hood. Companies hire who ever they want. Then there is the part about reviewing my file? Maybe, but I that shouldnt have caused any issues either as I dont think there is anything wrong with my education, as I have studied to a doctrate level, then my employment history is good, I was at my last job for over 10 years as a senior regional manager, Ive never been fired, have been in the military, so my guess is they just wanted to interview someone else, maybe closer to atlanta? who knows??.thats fine...Im so happy with the airline that Im with now I really am...and I wish everyone well in their endeavors with Delta...I only posted what occured to me so that others who are going through the process can learn and expect all outcomes. I also wonder if similiar happened to others?

Greg Arias in Atlanta, Georgia

17 months ago

I have a few comments that I hope will be helpful.

Greg Arias in Atlanta, Georgia

17 months ago

I was one of the F/A applicants in 2010 that was successful. I've now been flying for Delta for over two years! Delta's not my first airline, but for those of you in the process, you are trying for the right carrier, and a great career.

The recruiting and hiring process this year is EXACTLY the same as it was in 2010. I know that your eagerness makes you nervous, and nerves cause people to fire off endless questions, but take my advice: before posting even one question on here, take an hour or two to review this entire forum and all the posts from 2010 as well. Every single question you could have is answered many times over, from the application process, to the phone interviews, language tests, F2F, dress code, training, and basic line F/A facts. I did my homework on here in '10, and took the phone interview, language tests and did the F2F completely prepared. There were no surprises. Because of that, I was successful.

It is not really "cheating" to know exactly what questions they're going to ask, and to be ready with answers. This isn't a test in school. That's called being prepared, and that shows interest in the job and respect for the interviewers' time and the company as a whole.

One final note...it's true Delta needs F/As that speak Mandarin, Hindi, Japanese and Portuguese, among other languages. However, remember that Delta is a US company, with all interviewing, training, and day-to-day operations in English. That's great if you speak a foreign language, but if your English is too basic or hard to understand, you will be rejected. This is a common reason for not getting a CJO. I think maybe too often applicants have a false sense of English proficiency and then are puzzled by not being offered a job after the interview. From the poor English I've seen in many of these posts on here, it's clear that there are people setting themselves up for disappointment in the actual interview. I'm just keeping it real.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deedles FA Dreamer in Gibbon, Minnesota

17 months ago

What does it mean when it says "screening invitation 2/19/2013" under the job in our online file?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

brizzychick in Bear, Delaware said: [QUOTE who="Ebbes i"

Yeah Im confused...BUT Please... I MUST REITERATE...I am not by any means 'sour grapes' over this...I had my job offer before I did their phone interview. Which is why at the end of the ph call, I clarified what the interviewer meant by 'being accepted to go thru to the next level'., and thats when I was told that a senior recruitter will be contacting me now to discuss a F2F interview date. I had to know exactly what was happening in this process, so I 'asked' questions to understand exactly what they were saying..I was about to be sent for a medical and training with the other airline so I tried to obtain dates from Delta...not wanting that the two stages to clash...but the interviewer was unable to give any dates etc...which is fair enough. so...no I dont believe I misinterprated what was said to me.........

I understand where you are coming from...that is why i pretty much tried to give a breakdown of how the process worked. Flight attendant world is not like corporate or the "Regular" work force. While you may have a stellar resume and education maybe they way you scored on the personality assessment was not high, or maybe the way you answered your phone interview questions were not in the format they were looking for. There are numerous factors why ppl do not get through. There are other ppl who experienced the same as you on the other Delta forum...but again it is on a point system.....but anyway good luck with your new airline maybe that is what was meant for you!!

minarina in Washington

17 months ago

Sorry if this is a duplicate subject in this post, but I used to be a F/A for Delta up till 9/11 happened. I applied last year and got a TBNT email. I applied again this year with my friend's referral, but again got a TBNT. I'm a JP speaker. Is it true that Delta is not taking any former employees??? I wish they would give me at least a chance to go to an interview...

17 months ago

minarina in Washington said: Sorry if this is a duplicate subject in this post, but I used to be a F/A for Delta up till 9/11 happened. I applied last year and got a TBNT email. I applied again this year with my friend's referral, but again got a TBNT. I'm a JP speaker. Is it true that Delta is not taking any former employees??? I wish they would give me at least a chance to go to an interview...

hmmmm....thats tough....and Im so sorry to hear this....you must be really wondering why?

Be interesting to see the typical type of candidate they do hire....

I used to recruit for an organization, and it was always so much easier, less costly and safer to reemploy a previous worker.
Maybe they thought if they reemployed you, they would have to reinstate the old contractual wage levels and/or seniority? IDK just guessing.....IMHO, I think its still rude of them not to reinstate you

minarina in Washington

17 months ago

brizzychick in Bear, Delaware said: hmmmm....thats tough....and Im so sorry to hear this....you must be really wondering why?

Be interesting to see the typical type of candidate they do hire....

I used to recruit for an organization, and it was always so much easier, less costly and safer to reemploy a previous worker.
Maybe they thought if they reemployed you, they would have to reinstate the old contractual wage levels and/or seniority? IDK just guessing.....IMHO, I think its still rude of them not to reinstate you

I really don't know... I don't think they would have to reinstate the old seniority though which I wouldn't mind at all... I'm afraid I'm now too old to start over or something...

17 months ago

minarina in Washington said: Sorry if this is a duplicate subject in this post, but I used to be a F/A for Delta up till 9/11 happened. I applied last year and got a TBNT email. I applied again this year with my friend's referral, but again got a TBNT. I'm a JP speaker. Is it true that Delta is not taking any former employees??? I wish they would give me at least a chance to go to an interview...

Try calling Delta HR to see if you have the ability to be rehired..there maybe something in your file preventing it...You would have to contact HR where you were based...I know several formers who have reapplied, some have received interviews already while others are waiting and some have received TBNT letters.

minarina in Washington

17 months ago

Jae4LA in Elkton, Maryland said: Try calling Delta HR to see if you have the ability to be rehired..there maybe something in your file preventing it...You would have to contact HR where you were based...I know several formers who have reapplied, some have received interviews already while others are waiting and some have received TBNT letters.

Ok I didnt think about that. Will try. Thank you so much!

brazilgirl in Illinois

17 months ago

Anyone going to the interview on 2-26?

From Blue To Red in Bronx, New York

17 months ago

brazilgirl in Illinois said: Anyone going to the interview on 2-26?

Me... What time are you going?? Am on the 1230 session

brazilgirl in Illinois

17 months ago

7:30 session

From Blue To Red in Bronx, New York

17 months ago

Anyone in the 1230 2/26?

FT33301 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

17 months ago

Hey Minarina... I worked until 9/11 as LOD F/A with Delta too. We both have the same issue.. I applied last year and got the TBNT. I applied this year with a referral; however, at this point still NOTHING... no TBNT... just a general email stating they received my application. I graduated from the last class before 9/11... what about you???

minarina in Washington

17 months ago

FT33301 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hey Minarina... I worked until 9/11 as LOD F/A with Delta too. We both have the same issue.. I applied last year and got the TBNT. I applied this year with a referral; however, at this point still NOTHING... no TBNT... just a general email stating they received my application. I graduated from the last class before 9/11... what about you???

I started in 1999 and took a year off when they offered us the leave after 9/11. I got the job offer back after a year but i divorced and had 100% custody of my kids without any help so couldnt go back flying. My kids are much older now so thats why i wanted to get my dream job back. I have absolutely no clue why they dont even give me a chance to have a phone interview.,.

Hopeful in GSO in Hudson, Massachusetts

17 months ago

tanevramu in manhattan said: HELLO EVERYONE,I APPLIED DEC.15...AND I WAS WAITING AND WAITING....NOTHING...SO I GOT THE NUMBER OF THE FORUM HERE,AND I CALLED!(SOME PEOPLE SAY NOT TO CALL)BUT I DID..AND THANK GOD I DID..THEY HAD SENT AN E-MAIL FOR ME TO CALL THEM A WHILE AGO...GUESS WHAT I NEVER GOT IT....SO SHE WAS VERY POLITE AND WE DID THE PHONE INTERVIEW ON THE SPOT............NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS WAIT AND WISHFUL THINKING............SO IF ANYONE FEELS THEY SHOULD CALL ..DO IT..U HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE..............GOOD LUCK..
ALSO,DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THE PROCESS TAKES AFTER FONE INTERVIEW? TXS!!

I had some problem but cannot find a number. Did you call Delta HR or PS?

Bowl in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

Anyone interviewing on the 28th at 7:30am?

ILoveDeltaAirLines in Dallas, Texas

17 months ago

Anyone interviewing on march 8 at 730 am? If you would like to meet up the night before let me know!
Catwoman1tx@aol.com
Thanks, michele

ILoveDeltaAirLines in Dallas, Texas

17 months ago

Forgot to mention that I am NON LOD and I am An internal candidate.
I applied 12/13
1st phone interview 12/16
2nd phone interview 12/18
Called for F2F on 2/21 (took a while!)

Congrats to everyone who has been offered CJO and luck to those who have been been scheduled for f2f in ATL!!
Those of you who haven't...hang in there!!

Michele

Skelady in Lodi, California

16 months ago

Does anyone know?...Does the online status continue to say "Under Review" indefinitely or will that change? I applied in December and have not heard a word...still says "Under Review"...

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

16 months ago

Skelady in Lodi, California said: Does anyone know?...Does the online status continue to say "Under Review" indefinitely or will that change? I applied in December and have not heard a word...still says "Under Review"...

Skelady: Please call them, I did yesterday and just had my 2nd phone interview. Someone posted on here that their last f2f if March 15th.

16 months ago

What phone number should I call? The email said not to...

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

16 months ago

I know the email said that, but I also applied in Dec. and had not heard anything. I called about a month ago and the gentleman I talked to said someone would call me but no one ever did. It is your call, but if you want to try and get a f2f by March 15th your time is running out. The number is eight eight eight,two eight four two two one seven. Good luck!

SkeLady in Lodi, California

16 months ago

I just called and they are too busy on calls... Has to leave my phone number.. Probably should have called back later but at least I made contact... Thanks!

World Traveler in Toledo, Ohio

16 months ago

brizzychick in Bear, Delaware said: I wasnt going to say anything but I will....I applied as a non speaker a few months ago now, went through the assessments, was called for an interview via the phone, was told I had passed and that I would be invited for a F2F in Atlanta, asked which was my closest airport etc etc...and to expect a senior recruitter to call back and let me know which day I would be doing my f2f interview....

I never got another call back...instead I received a rejection letter...?? I thought it was really odd? Not sure if this happened to anyone else....and I wonder if I received this rejection letter because I have been given a job offer with another airline ?

Anyone got any ideas?

Exact same thing happened to me...

Doria in Tampa, Florida

16 months ago

I'm on the same boat I applied in Dec and about a month ago I called them and they interviewed me on the spot, but I have not heard from them since and it still say Under Review..

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

16 months ago

Doria in Tampa, Florida said: I'm on the same boat I applied in Dec and about a month ago I called them and they interviewed me on the spot, but I have not heard from them since and it still say Under Review..

Doria: Call them, I posted the number a couple of posts ago, you are running out of time, March 15 is the final day for f2f,good luck!!

Doria in Tampa, Florida

16 months ago

I did call them almost a month ago and did the interview by phone plus I even called them back this Friday and they told me my application was transferred over to a seniour recruiter to review my info and if there were any further questions or information they may need they would contact me by phone or email, but as of know my appl is under review.. Let's see what happens if I ever hear from them before the 15th of March..

16 months ago

I called them today. Did a phone interview with someone who I could tell was new...My resume is being sent to a senior recruiter to review...doesn't sound good to me...oh-well. Whatever is meant to be will happen...I have been a flight attendant before and had to leave for personal reasons. I would love to go back to the job that I loved... so, we will see...Good luck to you all!

16 months ago

So, in my phone interview, he asked, what would you do if there was turbulence and the pilots put on the seatbelt sign and told the FA's to remain seated. Someone gets out of their seat to use the restroom... How would you answer that question...

16 months ago

Just wondering, is there ANYONE on here who was told on their phone interview that their name and resume were being sent to a "senior recruiter" that actually got a call again or invite to a F2F? ...

WANNABFA in Georgia

16 months ago

Skelady in Lodi, California said: Just wondering, is there ANYONE on here who was told on their phone interview that their name and resume were being sent to a "senior recruiter" that actually got a call again or invite to a F2F? ...

I did, but it is just standard script, they tell everyone the same thing.

The Senior Recruiter will give you a call for f2f or send a TBNT email.

Upintheair in Gig Harbor, Washington

16 months ago

Skelady in Lodi, California said: Just wondering, is there ANYONE on here who was told on their phone interview that their name and resume were being sent to a "senior recruiter" that actually got a call again or invite to a F2F? ...

Hey skelady. Have you heard anything yet form either the senior recruiter or TBNT? I'm waiting on the same thing.

16 months ago

Upintheair in Gig Harbor, Washington said: Hey skelady. Have you heard anything yet form either the senior recruiter or TBNT? I'm waiting on the same thing.

NOTHING!

readytogo in Port Orchard, Washington

16 months ago

ARGH!!! Please post if you do hear and i will do the same if you are interested. Good luck!

EWRFA in New Jersey

16 months ago

Yes, many people. If you have the time, read back on this forum. I think the first F2F interviews were held the week of 2/4 so people started getting called mid-to-end of January and continue to get called.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

16 months ago

Upintheair in Gig Harbor, Washington said: Hey skelady. Have you heard anything yet form either the senior recruiter or TBNT? I'm waiting on the same thing.

When did you complete your 10 yr application?

EWRFA in New Jersey

16 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Yes, many people. If you have the time, read back on this forum. I think the first F2F interviews were held the week of 2/4 so people started getting called mid-to-end of January and continue to get called.

Actually, I was referring to reading through the "Delta 2013" forum.

16 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Yes, many people. If you have the time, read back on this forum. I think the first F2F interviews were held the week of 2/4 so people started getting called mid-to-end of January and continue to get called.

Ok, then maybe there is still hope! thanks!

readytogo in Port Orchard, Washington

16 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: When did you complete your 10 yr application?

Back in December sometime right when it opened and just after I applied. How about you?

16 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Actually, I was referring to reading through the "Delta 2013" forum.

I didn't know there was a different forum. Will have to check it out!

Page:  « First « Previous   863  864  865  866  867  868  869  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.