Delta: What to wear on the plane...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

A-chan in Brooklyn, New York

78 months ago

Hello! I have an FTF scheduled at 12:30pm...since I'm most likely going to take a morning flight...what should I wear on the plane? Casual or should I already be in my interview attire?

If casual, what should I be wearing? jeans? no jeans? another pair of dress pants? what kind of shoes? etc. And should I carry my interview clothes in a garment bag as my carry-on?

If my interview clothes...How do I keep my clothes from wrinkling? Also...how do you wear heels for 8+hrs without having them killing you during the interviewing process?

Please help me, I'm very nervous and I don't want to mess up. Thanks for any suggestions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennie H in Orlando, Florida

78 months ago

I had a 1230 f2f and they flew me in the night before. I did dress up in a suit for my flight and a different suit for my session the following day - the hotel I stayed at had an iron. If they are flying you in the morning of than dress up ready to go and you can wear low heels or wear sneakers but be ready to change before you get there.
Best of luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Jennie H in Orlando, Florida said: I had a 1230 f2f and they flew me in the night before. I did dress up in a suit for my flight and a different suit for my session the following day - the hotel I stayed at had an iron. If they are flying you in the morning of than dress up ready to go and you can wear low heels or wear sneakers but be ready to change before you get there.
Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much Jennie for answering!

I read somewhere on the forum that someone said DL F/A's will be examining us or flag us when we board the plane and that we should be on our best behavior (i.e. look the part already).

What time was your night before flight into Atlanta? I checked the DL's website and their earliest flight that will make it to Atlanta in time for a 12:30pm interview was 6am...So I'm just trying to prepare myself for a morning flight and how to prep myself (i.e. makeup, hair, etc) for during flight or after I land if I have time? But I don't want to be pushing my luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danielle Dani in Florida

78 months ago

A-chan in Brooklyn, New York said: Hello! I have an FTF scheduled at 12:30pm...since I'm most likely going to take a morning flight...what should I wear on the plane? Casual or should I already be in my interview attire?

If casual, what should I be wearing? jeans? no jeans? another pair of dress pants? what kind of shoes? etc. And should I carry my interview clothes in a garment bag as my carry-on?

If my interview clothes...How do I keep my clothes from wrinkling? Also...how do you wear heels for 8+hrs without having them killing you during the interviewing process?

Please help me, I'm very nervous and I don't want to mess up. Thanks for any suggestions!

I came in the night before so I wore jeans (nice ones) and a nice top with my "fab" heels :) You aren't standing the whole day at the f2f, so your feet hurting won't be a problem. Beauty is pain!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danielle Dani in Florida

78 months ago

A-chan in Brooklyn, New York said: Hello! I have an FTF scheduled at 12:30pm...since I'm most likely going to take a morning flight...what should I wear on the plane? Casual or should I already be in my interview attire?

Oh, good luck!!!! ROCK IT!!!

78 months ago

Danielle Dani in Florida said: I came in the night before so I wore jeans (nice ones) and a nice top with my "fab" heels :) You aren't standing the whole day at the f2f, so your feet hurting won't be a problem. Beauty is pain!

Gosh I hope I get to fly out the night before too instead of the morning haul, but with my luck I'm probably getting the morning one ;)

78 months ago

Danielle Dani in Florida said: Oh, good luck!!!! ROCK IT!!!

and thanks! :D I'm still nervous tho, heh.

buddhagirl in west coast

78 months ago

Hey,
If you have time to change into a suit b/f the interview, get a garment bag to put your interview clothes into...it worked for me, and I even folded it and put it in the overhead compartment. And it is true, you are not standing for very much time at all, so no worries. I also advise you to read some of the other posts on the ftf interview process, it really helped me.

78 months ago

buddhagirl in west coast said: Hey,
If you have time to change into a suit b/f the interview, get a garment bag to put your interview clothes into...it worked for me, and I even folded it and put it in the overhead compartment. And it is true, you are not standing for very much time at all, so no worries. I also advise you to read some of the other posts on the ftf interview process, it really helped me.

Thanks for the reply! What did you wear during your flight?

buddhagirl in west coast

78 months ago

Hey A-chan
I like to be comfortable when I fly...I wore jeans and a shirt, but had a nice, formal (JCREW) coat on, which pretty much covered my shirt(which was not so nice).

A-chan in New York, New York

78 months ago

buddhagirl in west coast said: Hey A-chan
I like to be comfortable when I fly...I wore jeans and a shirt, but had a nice, formal (JCREW) coat on, which pretty much covered my shirt(which was not so nice).

Wow thank you so much for the tip and info! I needed them! Thank you so much! I bought a garment bag today so hopefully it won't be too bulky. Are we allowed to carry the bags into the interview? Will they say anything? I won't be landing in Atlanta until around 10:39am and the interview is at 12:30pm. You think I will have plenty of time to change? How long was the trip from the airport to the HQ?

Sorry for all the questions!

i love delta in Mooresville, North Carolina

78 months ago

A-chan in New York, New York said: Wow thank you so much for the tip and info! I needed them! Thank you so much! I bought a garment bag today so hopefully it won't be too bulky. Are we allowed to carry the bags into the interview? Will they say anything? I won't be landing in Atlanta until around 10:39am and the interview is at 12:30pm. You think I will have plenty of time to change? How long was the trip from the airport to the HQ?

do NOT wear jeans or sneakers on the airplane - you are flying on a company business pass...it's one thing if you non rev for pleasure - but not for business. I left home at 6am in my suit with heels and didn't get home until 180 hours later. You will wear your uniform for this long - they will account for wrinkles from sitting. Freshen hair and makeup at the airport when you land and in the lobby of the building where you wait. Also you will have time to freshen up in between interview sessions - like between each flight. Fly business casual at least - dress pants, low heels, and shirt with collar or sweater. Always take an overnight bag - to check - there is no guarantee you won't get stuck in ATL

Danielle Dani in Florida

78 months ago

A-chan in New York, New York said: Wow thank you so much for the tip and info! I needed them! Thank you so much! I bought a garment bag today so hopefully it won't be too bulky. Are we allowed to carry the bags into the interview? Will they say anything? I won't be landing in Atlanta until around 10:39am and the interview is at 12:30pm. You think I will have plenty of time to change? How long was the trip from the airport to the HQ?

There will be a place to leave your bags during the interview. The HQ is right next to the airport. You should have plenty of time to change. (as long as your flight isn't delayed) I've been reading some posts about what to wear and not to wear on the plane and I just have to say that I came in the night before and I wore jeans coming and going and received an offer. Hope this helps. Good luck!

78 months ago

i love delta in Mooresville, North Carolina said: do NOT wear jeans or sneakers on the airplane - you are flying on a company business pass...it's one thing if you non rev for pleasure - but not for business. I left home at 6am in my suit with heels and didn't get home until 180 hours later. You will wear your uniform for this long - they will account for wrinkles from sitting. Freshen hair and makeup at the airport when you land and in the lobby of the building where you wait. Also you will have time to freshen up in between interview sessions - like between each flight. Fly business casual at least - dress pants, low heels, and shirt with collar or sweater. Always take an overnight bag - to check - there is no guarantee you won't get stuck in ATL

Thank you so much i love delta! My friends suggested I dress in my interview pants, shoes and shirt, but keep my suit jacket in the garment bag and wear it when I get off. Also, that I should bring an extra white shirt for the trip in case something happens. It's probably better to overdress than under dress as everyone's experience seem to all be different.

As for makeup and hair...I'm not very good with either of this unfortunately. Any recommendations on how to do a neat low bun on the go?

Again, thank you so much for helping me!

78 months ago

Danielle Dani in Florida said: There will be a place to leave your bags during the interview. The HQ is right next to the airport. You should have plenty of time to change. (as long as your flight isn't delayed) I've been reading some posts about what to wear and not to wear on the plane and I just have to say that I came in the night before and I wore jeans coming and going and received an offer. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Congratulations on the job offer! And thank you very much for all the advices!

I would looooove to wear jeans and some comfy clothes...but I have a feeling that won't go over too well, as I probably look too young as it is...and well me wearing casual clothing will probably just make it worse...Also, to make things worse...my time of the month is exactly on the day of the interview...I already feel bloated!

Danielle Dani in Florida

78 months ago

A-chan in Brooklyn, New York said: Congratulations on the job offer! And thank you very much for all the advices!

I would looooove to wear jeans and some comfy clothes...but I have a feeling that won't go over too well, as I probably look too young as it is...and well me wearing casual clothing will probably just make it worse...Also, to make things worse...my time of the month is exactly on the day of the interview...I already feel bloated!

You wear whatever makes you comfortable :) Comfy clothes, for sure not.... I wore a nice button down with my 7 jeans and nice heels. Good luck :) I would for sure bring an extra shirt just in case...

buddhagirl in west coast

78 months ago

Just letting you know that I wore jeans and a shirt with the nice coat and got hired. I do agree that you want to be presentable. Maybe I wouldnt have gotten hired if I hadn't had the Jcrew coat on? I doubt it though.

Danielle Dani in Florida

78 months ago

buddhagirl in west coast said: Just letting you know that I wore jeans and a shirt with the nice coat and got hired. I do agree that you want to be presentable. Maybe I wouldnt have gotten hired if I hadn't had the Jcrew coat on? I doubt it though.

Have you gotten your class date yet? I'm still waiting to hear. I hope I get the March 4th class...

buddhagirl in west coast

78 months ago

They wanted me to be in the 26 Feb class, but it does not work for my family. I just called today to get into a class in April. As of now they are not scheduling that far in advance so they want me to call back in Early April. I hope you get the class you want. You probably will. When were you hired? I am looking for people that were with me on the 8th in the a.m.

Am4ndaR

28 months ago

Hey everyone! I have spent a couple days reading everyone's comments and I have a couple questions; I applied for a ticket agent position on 03/18, got a phone interview on 03/21, completed my assessment on 03/23 and received a phone call from delta on 03/26 to set up a f2f on 03/28. Any pointers for the interview ? I am so nervous it's ridiculous! And while I have read all these comments, some make me more nervous while other calm me! I live in a smaller city so I know each city differs, but where do they send ticket agents for training? And how long is it? Any tips/ comments would be so greatly appreciated ! Thank you!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.