FLIGHT ATTENDANT SALARY SCALE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (41)

Eddy in Orlando, Florida

21 months ago

MESA AIR GROUP

COMPENSATION

Starting pay for Flight Attendants is: $15.91 ( per flight hour)

After 6 months: $17.05 (per flight hour)

After one year: $18.77 (per flight hour)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (134) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

JayFA in Washington, District of Columbia

21 months ago

REPUBLIC AIRWAYS HOLDING (REPUBLIC AIRWAYS, SHUTTLE AMERICA, CHAUTAUGUA)

COMPENSATION

Pay:
Starting hourly rate: $17.59 per flight hour
6 months: $18.58 per f/h
1 year: $19.70 per f/h
2 years: $21.11 per f/h

Year 15 Max Cap: $33.07 per f/h
~After year 15 you get a .50 raise every year up until year 20 then the raises stop.

PER DIEM: $1.75 per hour

Guaranteed 75 hrs per month

*Also in contract negotiations*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Marry Me Fly Free in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

What are typical second jobs FA's have in order to help pay the bills?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Curious

21 months ago

Eddy in Orlando, Florida said: I will start with UNITED

1st year - $20.49, 2nd year - $23.97, 3rd year - $25.28, 4th year - $27.26, 5th year - $29.25
There are annual increases through the 16th year.

per diem expense reimbursement of $1.95-$2.50 per hour

Is there a minimum monthly hours paid? I know this varies with airlines?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

future flight attendant in Mundelein, Illinois

21 months ago

Anyone knows American Airline's salary scale?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (280) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

ChicagoHopeful in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

Apryljane in West Park said: That's all they pay for such a pretty job? No thank you, I rather to be restaurant waitress that an air waitress. I would make much more.

...the benefits don't add up darling. Hunk about what you just said.moat waitresses, I was one, make $3.99 an hour plus tips. You have to just your ass for tips. Being a FA isn't about the pay, it's about the experience gained, customer service, The benefits, as well as safety to customers. You cant compare a FA to a normal waitress.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Apryljane in West Park

20 months ago

ChicagoHopeful in Chicago, Illinois said: ...the benefits don't add up darling. Hunk about what you just said.moat waitresses, I was one, make $3.99 an hour plus tips. You have to just your ass for tips. Being a FA isn't about the pay, it's about the experience gained, customer service , The benefits, as well as safety to customers. You cant compare a FA to a normal waitress.

The benefits of what> providing customer service? been responsible for people? How are those benefits? Those are big responsibilities which you should be getting big bucks for.

I'm not been negative but I thought cabin crew get a minimum of $40/h plus benefits. I'm just a bit shock that all the dressing up and rudeness from passengers are not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Eddy in Brooklyn, New York

20 months ago

I can tell you guys also that US Airways pay for the first year 20.51, that's all I know so far.

Apryljane: I know what you mean, I use to be a winter in the Italian pavilion in epcot , Disney, average of 300 dollars at day, but look, this is a life style that a person choose, is not a money job and everybody know it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California

20 months ago

Apryljane in West Park said: The benefits of what> providing customer service? been responsible for people? How are those benefits? Those are big responsibilities which you should be getting big bucks for.

I'm not been negative but I thought cabin crew get a minimum of $40/h plus benefits. I'm just a bit shock that all the dressing up and rudeness from passengers are not worth it.

The pay increases as you gain seniority -- being airline employees (ESPECIALLY Unionized, as most airline jobs are) we get yearly increases as well as profit sharing. I am in my 13th year at United and each flight hour I get paid around $41 plus per-diem expenses, purser, night pay, etc. The highest-paid flight attendants work at Southwest, which pays over $60/hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lana in Carol Stream, Illinois

20 months ago

any tips on passing your interview session @ corporate offices of AA in Dallas, TX ?

thank you.. and do they immediately give you a physical thereafter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

AE Flyer in UpNDaSky

18 months ago

Zara in Boston, Massachusetts said: Schedule flexibility is also worth a lot to some of us... makes it possible to have another job or to stay home as much as possibe or to travel as much as possible ;)

First year as a FA, I made maybe 22K$, but all the trips we took added up to over 50K$ (spouse, parents, buddy passes for my brothers...) - how else would I go oversea monthly?

you get buddy passes your 1st year?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Zara in Boston, Massachusetts

18 months ago

Just to clarify, buddy passes from the day you are done with training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Austin, Texas

14 months ago

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California said: The pay increases as you gain seniority -- being airline employees (ESPECIALLY Unionized, as most airline jobs are) we get yearly increases as well as profit sharing. I am in my 13th year at United and each flight hour I get paid around $41 plus per-diem expenses, purser, night pay, etc. The highest-paid flight attendants work at Southwest, which pays over $60/hour.

I haven't worked for Southwest, but their pay is supposed to be the highest of the big airlines. This article has the averages: www.jobunlocker.com/blog/how-to-get-a-job-as-a-flight-attendant/

Delta Airlines – $25.38
United Airlines – $30.13
Southwest Airlines – $35.87
American Airlines – $30.54

Eddy in Orlando, Florida said: I will start with UNITED

1st year - $20.49, 2nd year - $23.97, 3rd year - $25.28, 4th year - $27.26, 5th year - $29.25
There are annual increases through the 16th year.

per diem expense reimbursement of $1.95-$2.50 per hour for all trips.

Good info Eddy, here's the full chart I had in my excel sheet for United. Not sure if anyone cares for this much detail, but I'm sure it's a similar progression for most airline unions. I think it's had a small increase since this chart too:

United Domestic International
1st year $18.46 $19.00
2nd year $19.51 $20.06
3rd year $20.75 $21.31
4th year $21.34 $21.89
5th year $24.20 $24.74
6th year $31.82 $35.42
7th year $33.54 $37.11
8th year $34.37 $37.86
9th year $35.49 $39.11
10th year $36.63 $39.88
11th year $37.42 $40.77
12th year $38.31 $41.78
13th year $39.14 $42.57
14th year $39.75 $43.14
15th year $39.75 $43.14
16th year+ $39.75 $43.14

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Crosscheck in Miami, Florida

14 months ago

Jessica in Austin, Texas said: I haven't worked for Southwest, but their pay is supposed to be the highest of the big airlines. This article has the averages: www.jobunlocker.com/blog/how-to-get-a-job-as-a-flight-attendant/

Delta Airlines – $25.38
United Airlines – $30.13

Good info Eddy, here's the full chart I had in my excel sheet for United. Not sure if anyone cares for this much detail, but I'm sure it's a similar progression for most airline unions. I think it's had a small increase since this chart too:

1st year $18.46 $19.00
2nd year $19.51 $20.06
3rd year $20.75 $21.31
4th year $21.34 $21.89
5th year $24.20 $24.74
6th year $31.82 $35.42
7th year $33.54 $37.11
8th year $34.37 $37.86
9th year $35.49 $39.11
10th year $36.63 $39.88
11th year $37.42 $40.77
12th year $38.31 $41.78
13th year $39.14 $42.57
14th year $39.75 $43.14
15th year $39.75 $43.14
16th year+ $39.75 $43.14

It is :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wanna know more in Portland, Oregon

14 months ago

When you're a new FA and you're assigned a base far from home, how difficult is it to get home and see your family on a regular basis?

I have been told that only the FAs with seniority are based in Portland. It kind of sounds like it would be years, perhaps many years, to get to move back home.

Any thoughts or comments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BeachyKinz in Virginia Beach, Virginia

14 months ago

Wanna know more in Portland, Oregon said: When you're a new FA and you're assigned a base far from home, how difficult is it to get home and see your family on a regular basis?

I have been told that only the FAs with seniority are based in Portland. It kind of sounds like it would be years, perhaps many years, to get to move back home.

Any thoughts or comments?

It depends on the airline you have and the benefits you have.
I worked for a now-defunct airline we had non-rev agreements with one other airline. Sometimes my schedule would have 15 days off in a row and I could just go anywhere I wanted on the other carrier. Sometimes I did quick trips away to visit family or friends.

Once you're comfortable with the non-rev process you could live away from your base and just commute to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Wanna know more in Portland, Oregon said: Thanks for that input, BeachyKinz. Here on the West Coast I had Alaska Airlines in mind, and I think you start out in Anchorage.

Good to know schedules can have blocks of numerous days off occasionally to make home visits very doable. Love the non-rev benefit. I had the impression that living away from your base was only for those with seniority, but maybe it's more about learning how to make it work.

Do FAs have pets? It seems like that could be a challenge.

I was hired by two other airlines prior to actually accepting with the third. The first two were "open houses" that next thing I knew I was being fingerprinted. I didn't know much about flying but thought I wanted to do it. In the first job I was just not able to pack up and move immediately and the second company I didn't think was a good fit.

That being said when I finally decided to go through with it I realized it was different than I thought--and in my instance WAY better than I thought, when it came to things like the possibility of commuting and of course the days off.

In fact, I did have pets. I had a pet sitter for like 12$ a visit when I was on trips lasting more than 26hours (our lowest trip length). It was no big deal seeing as they were cats. Some people I worked with had dogs but they all had a roommate...big difference, I lived alone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Wow, you obviously have what it takes! -- to have three airlines hire you like that! But from the sounds of it, lots of people go to numerous hiring events before snagging an offer, so it reminds me of trying out for the cheerleading squad, everyone wants so badly to "make it" and gobs and gobs of competition.

Definitely encouraging to hear that some of the things that are hanging me up a bit regarding the realities of FA work may in fact not be such a big deal after all. That must have been a big relief to you at the time! I have cats, too, so I guess hiring a petsitter would solve that problem quite easily!

You bring up another good point. Like you, I would prefer to have my own private residence. The crash pad thing makes sense and might be a bit of chaotic fun, but I imagine it's for the younger crowd.

But I have wondered if having my own place would be realistic given that FAs don't make much at all, particularly just starting out -- or so it seems, with figures between $19,000-$24,000 being bandied about. Was it difficult to afford a place of your own? Any tips in that regard?

Thanks, BeachyKinz!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

I'm not going to lie I seriously worked for THE best airline of all time. Unfortunately it isn't around anymore...but I made WAY above that 19-24k mark. I honestly think I ended up pulling about 40ish for the first year.

My advice is if there isn't much holding you back--go for it...annnnd pick up as many trips as you can! I didn't have a crashpad since I decided to relocate to NYC. But I had a great apartment in a really nice neighborhood...I just didn't get an AC unit annnnnd didn't bother getting cable/internet. I ended up splitting internet with my neighbor at one point though, ha! (Because you need internet to login to your schedule and so forth.) My apartment was $1200 per month...but then I had a very small electric bill since I was gone all the time. I picked up tons of trips because I would rather be flying and staying in our crew hotel than stay in my sweltering apartment in August.

Don't get me wrong I still had a blast in NYC with my friends (All of which were other FA's) but we were all deadset on traveling as much as possible.

Soooo don't get the nicest place in the world...and don't spend hundreds of dollars on services you don't need. **Do you really need cable? Or can you just get netflix through your internet?

If you decide to live away from base you will need to chip in towards a few nights in a crashpad a month more likely than not. There will be ALL ages chipping in. Once you are with a company for a few months you'll probably find that some people from your own company have their own.

Looking back I know I had all of the same questions as you and that was why I was always so reluctant to take the job. Finally I decided it was time to take a chance, worked for an amazing company, and when it ceased operations I couldn't imagine trying to work for anyone else...but now I realize how much I miss that lifestyle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Oh and PS:
even with the decent money I made with my company I was still nearly flat out broke when my company surprisingly bit the dust...

SO no matter what you do to cut back on spending it will likely never truly feel like when you had a "regular" job.

Good luck, seriously!! Put yourself out there and apply for several places, get your feet wet and see if you get any good vibes from some companies :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Well, you were sure fortunate in having the opportunity to work for such a great airline and to have so much fun in your career! It sounds like maybe you're looking to get back into it?

I didn't realize crashpads were an option you could utilize just occasional days/nights here and there, versus it being a monthly commitment. I thought you had to choose between your own place and the communal living lifestyle.

Do people ever retain their current living situation in their hometown and use the crashpad in their assigned base location (thinking it's just going to be temporary, initially), or would that be too expensive? Are crashpads super cheap enough to make that an option?

You are exactly right, all these sort of logistical questions have made me wonder if it's truly doable: how does everything work? -- or if it would even be enjoyable, since it does seem like a major life upheaval, particularly in the beginning. I'm definitely open to a reasonable amount of adventurous change and I'm very interested in the travel aspect, naturally.

I'm interested in your "see if you get any good vibes" comment. Since all you really have to go on is the hiring event, it seems a hard thing to gauge. I'm thinking a good vibe would be if they offered me a job! :)

Thanks, again, for all the info and encouragement. All the best to you as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Thank you!! I am VERY fortunate for the experience and yes, I am looking to get back into it finally. :)

I totally thought that also, about crashpads. Basically most people throw-in an amount say like 150 or so a month (depending on the city and that is inclusive of utilities, some places the amount includes the ability to eat whatever groceries are in the kitchen) and everyone just comes and goes as they need to. Some places there are more people listed on the crashpad than there are beds--but it would never be full while you are there. You just wash your sheets on your way out basically. (Yeah, it's crazy!) You can find crash pads on craigslist just to give you an idea of the area you would potentially be based. But like I said, once you are with the company or at least in training you would probably meet people who knew of a crashpad and end up linking up with them.

Basically if you had to fly out on a trip tomorrow morning...you would "check the loads" on your commuter flights and figure out when to go from your home airport to your base airport (sometime today) then spend the night at the crashpad before your show time at the airport in the AM.

Sometimes you get back from your trip and try to make your flight to your home airport...and it is full or maybe you were delayed and it has already left. Then you would just go back to your crashpad and look into flying standby the next morning.

If you are willing to take the possibility of a major life upheaval...you're on the right track. I would say "then you'll absolutely love it!!" but everyone is different and many people do leave within the first few months out of training. It is definitely a life change!!

The good vibes comment comes from the fact that one airline I went to I felt like something was REALLY off about everyone I met working there. When they offered I just had to say no. I can't even describe it--but no one I met made excited about working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York

14 months ago

Jessica in Austin, Texas said: I haven't worked for Southwest, but their pay is supposed to be the highest of the big airlines . This article has the averages: www.jobunlocker.com/blog/how-to-get-a-job-as-a-flight-attendant/

Delta Airlines – $25.38
United Airlines – $30.13

1st year $18.46 $19.00
2nd year $19.51 $20.06
3rd year $20.75 $21.31
4th year $21.34 $21.89
5th year $24.20 $24.74
6th year $31.82 $35.42
7th year $33.54 $37.11
8th year $34.37 $37.86
9th year $35.49 $39.11
10th year $36.63 $39.88
11th year $37.42 $40.77
12th year $38.31 $41.78
13th year $39.14 $42.57
14th year $39.75 $43.14
15th year $39.75 $43.14
16th year+ $39.75 $43.14

Maybe I should look into flying. What's the percentage of male FA's?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chrysanthi in Greece

13 months ago

hi,
can someone please tell me what the salaries for flight attendants in each air company of america are ? and i would also appreciate it if you could tell me the companies that accept 18 years old people
chrysanthi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

teribere216 in Plano, Texas

12 months ago

What great information you've all provided, and I found it by accident.

I started my first career early enough that I'm retired and I'm looking for a second career. What is too old to be an FA? I'll be 51 this year and it's something I've always wanted to do and never followed my heart. Where do you find information on FA job fairs?

Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

My work history is a variety of Customer Service fields, including retail and volunteer work. From what I've read I think I'd be a good candidate not only because of the extensive Customer Service, but I'm single, kids are grown, open availability and I'm ready for something new so why not do what I've wanted to do. Sorry if this sounds conceited, I'm trying to be short & sweet here.

I discovered these on the Career Builder website and wanted your opinion (I don't believe everything I read on the internet and if it's free or too good to be true nowadays there's usually a catch):

#1:
www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?showNewJDP=yes&Job_DID=JB74DS673F5JXWZ0BL4

#2:
www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/ApplyOnline/ApplyBegin.aspx?Job_DID=JB74DS673F5JXWZ0BL4&sc_cmp1=JS_JDP_ApplyNowBottom&IPath=EXGOOJ7

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sky Bouncer in Hayward, California

11 months ago

future flight attendant in Mundelein, Illinois said: Anyone knows American Airline 's salary scale ?

starting at $22 an hour with a 76 hour per month guarantee with a $1.67 an hour per diem. some American Airline FA's got into trouble for applying for food stamps because it made the company look bad for keeping their FA's in poverty...I am in training with them and graduate soon, but I'm wondering what I got myself into because all the FA's are angry, evil, tired and super strung out looking. My base will be in New York, I have no idea how I'm going to afford to live, besides living in a crash pad for the first few years with 20 other FA's fighting for 1 bathroom...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JezeBelle in La Plata, Maryland

11 months ago

Sky Bouncer in Hayward, California said: starting at $22 an hour with a 76 hour per month guarantee with a $1.67 an hour per diem. some American Airline FA's got into trouble for applying for food stamps because it made the company look bad for keeping their FA's in poverty...I am in training with them and graduate soon, but I'm wondering what I got myself into because all the FA's are angry, evil, tired and super strung out looking. My base will be in New York, I have no idea how I'm going to afford to live, besides living in a crash pad for the first few years with 20 other FA's fighting for 1 bathroom...

As an FYI: It is a rare situation to find a "crash pad" that will allow you to LIVE there.
Crash pads are technically for COMMUTERS. You are not allowed to receive mail at most crash pads and have to show proof that you actually have a place elsewhere that you're living in...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nighthawk in Rensselaer, New York

11 months ago

teribere216 in Plano, Texas said: My work history is a variety of Customer Service fields, including retail and volunteer work. From what I've read I think I'd be a good candidate not only because of the extensive Customer Service, but I'm single, kids are grown, open availability and I'm ready for something new so why not do what I've wanted to do. Sorry if this sounds conceited, I'm trying to be short & sweet here.

I discovered these on the Career Builder website and wanted your opinion (I don't believe everything I read on the internet and if it's free or too good to be true nowadays there's usually a catch):

#1:
www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?showNewJDP=yes&Job_DID=JB74DS673F5JXWZ0BL4

#2:
www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/ApplyOnline/ApplyBegin.aspx?Job_DID=JB74DS673F5JXWZ0BL4&sc_cmp1=JS_JDP_ApplyNowBottom&IPath=EXGOOJ7

Hi, you're not too old at all. I don't know anything about these two websites but I recommend this one:

www.flightattendantcareer.com

They post all the airline vacancies and have a service that will email them to you and update your resume too. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Thanks Nighthawk, I'll check into it more.

KKHester in Parker, Texas

11 months ago

I participated in a video interview with AA about 3 weeks ago but did not move on to the personal interview. I had gone to KY to move my 86 year old mother into an assisted living when I received the e-mail that I had 5 days to complete the interview. I had no proper interview clothing, no make-up, no internet connection, a place appropriate to conduct the interview nor was I in the right frame of mind. An e-mail to the recruiting department got me nowhere. I had to complete the video within the 5 days.

Can anyone tell me how long I have to wait with AA before I can try again?

I have applications in with Delta (need to do the assessment but waiting until I am ready for the phone interview), Frontier and Spirit! Any clues for passing the phone or video interview?

Flew for United 28 years ago and then moving for my husband's job made it quite difficult to commute. It truly was my favorite job of all. Now that my children are grown, I would like to get back to my passion.

Thanking anyone in advance. for any advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

RedWidgetNY in Woodside, New York

11 months ago

ItsPossible in Portland, Oregon said: Sky Bouncer has expressed some valid and understandable concerns. Perhaps there are some helpful suggestions and/or encouraging words from recently graduated or current FAs??

To be honest, it sounds like this person made a mistake in accepting the job and should leave training now. They will not be happy in the position and are likely to quit after a few months or get fired.

Some people are not suited to be a flight attendant. The job is difficult, the hours are long and the pay sucks. It gets better only through seniority, which means years of service. If you can't make the commitment and handle the pay, it's time to get out.

American has gone through a decade of mismanagement, difficult union relations, pay concessions and givebacks, etc. Some of the senior FAs have gotten very lazy and bitter and need to take the buyout and retire. The old days are over and never coming back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pisces19 in Indianapolis, Indiana

11 months ago

teribere216 in Plano, Texas said: What great information you've all provided, and I found it by accident.

I started my first career early enough that I'm retired and I'm looking for a second career. What is too old to be an FA? I'll be 51 this year and it's something I've always wanted to do and never followed my heart. Where do you find information on FA job fairs?

Thanks again.

Hi teribere216, I am 50 yrs old and felt the same way, I applied in August and went to an Open House for Republic Airways, I was offered the training and start soon, Monday the 21st of Oct to be exact. I am very excited, but nervous at the same time...but I to...am bored with the same ole, same ole, 9-5, my kids are grown and I am ready for a major life change. I am looking forward to it and wish you the best of luck. There are more recruitment events that are scheduled thru end of Oct, so check them, link is below. I have also heard Mesa Airlines is a good airline, since you live in Texas. www.flychautauqua.com/en/Employment/Recruitment_Events/Flight_Attendant.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tshepoc.mathebe@yahoo.co.za in Johannesburg, South Africa

10 months ago

Hi,am tshepo from South Africa in soweto.I saw the post that America Airline advetise cabin crow job,I apply it and they reply my Email saying am one of thelucky guy selected.so they never come back to me since then,so I just want ask when is training start,is not a scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vladiva in Georgia

7 months ago

What are some typical jobs flight attendants work in addition to flying to pay bills?

LOD_OPTIMIST in San Francisco, California

7 months ago

That is a great question!!!

mlndaroemer11@hotmail.com in Saint Cloud, Minnesota

7 months ago

I am 50 years old, single and Hispanic. My kids are all grown up and I love to travel. Is this career worth going after, and can I make a decent living to pay my mortgage and car? Tired of the 4 walls. Is there security in this line of work? Or should I just forget this dream? This really has been something that I would really love to do. Any all feed back is appreciated.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Flyboy62 in Somona co., California

5 months ago

RedWidgetNY in Woodside, New York said: To be honest, it sounds like this person made a mistake in accepting the job and should leave training now. They will not be happy in the position and are likely to quit after a few months or get fired.

Some people are not suited to be a flight attendant . The job is difficult, the hours are long and the pay sucks. It gets better only through seniority, which means years of service. If you can't make the commitment and handle the pay, it's time to get out.

American has gone through a decade of mismanagement, difficult union relations, pay concessions and givebacks, etc. Some of the senior FAs have gotten very lazy and bitter and need to take the buyout and retire. The old days are over and never coming back.

I'm from woodside...... We're are you from. I grew up on 62 nd. St.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Flyboy62 in Somona co., California

1 month ago

vladiva in Georgia said: What are some typical jobs flight attendants work in addition to flying to pay bills?

Costco is a great company and will work around your sch.

kendra27 in Cedar Hill, Texas

1 month ago

Hi everyone, I hope this question doesn't sound stupid. I want to be a FA but the only dilemma is I don't feel comfortable serving alcohol now I have thought about this.I know, you all probably think I should think about something else but is there any possibility I can get around not serving alcohol?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Coastiegal in Hopkinsville, Kentucky

23 days ago

I've always thought about being an Airline Attendant. I am in a spot where I can do so as far as not having anything here to tie me down. I've seen where some airlines guarantee so many hours a month. I work right now 40hrs a week and was curious if you can get more than 70 hrs a month? I don't know if I would be able to live off of just 70 or few hours a month. Considering you have to live in usually a major hub. Can you get more hours than this or is everyone trying to get more hours? I am just trying to weigh my options in case there is a chance I could be one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.