Former Delta or NWA F/A waiting to go back!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 263)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Hi,

I'm a former NWA F/A who's excited about going back to flying! Since our wait time seems to be unpredictable, I thought maybe we can keep each other informed and updated as we move forward.

If you're a former DL or NW F/A who's waiting to hear from DELTA, please join the forum!!

The more the merrier!!

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Status: Under Review
Applied: 8/24/2010
LOD: Japanese
Application: short one - yes, long one - No
Assessment: no
Resume: attached
Interviews: none so far
F2F: N/A
I left NWA in 2005.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

oops, sorry! I applied on August 25,not 24. Right around the time their system crashed from what I heard...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

Yea I am glad someone did this forum...I will let all of the others I am in contact with no about it! Here is what has happed to me...sounds just like yours :) Former Delta F/A by the way of 6 years

Applied through company referral 8/24
Non-Lod
Short assesment
No application request
No 94 question assessment request
Attached my resume
No phone interviews
No F2F request
Left DL 2002 on maternity leave then took a 3 year leave then was furloughed and was forced to resign in 2007

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former NWA FA

45 months ago

Hello all! I'm a former NW FA. Flew for approximately 6 years left the company in 2006 when I declined recall due to school. Miss flying incredibly.

Status: Under Review
Applied: 09/17/10 as Non-LOD
Took 20 question survey on relocation etc.
No long assessment or interviews
No F2F scheduled at this time

Hopefully we all will hear something soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California said: Yea I am glad someone did this forum...I will let all of the others I am in contact with no about it! Here is what has happed to me...sounds just like yours :) Former Delta F/A by the way of 6 years

Applied through company referral 8/24
Non-Lod
Short assesment
No application request
No 94 question assessment request
Attached my resume
No phone interviews
No F2F request
Left DL 2002 on maternity leave then took a 3 year leave then was furloughed and was forced to resign in 2007

Yes, please DO let others know about this forum!! Like I said, more the merrier!!

Are you in contact with Jen as well? I hope she comes on board with us, too! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California said: Yes, please DO let others know about this forum!! Like I said, more the merrier!!

Are you in contact with Jen as well? I hope she comes on board with us, too! =)

Yes I am I already sent her an email :) I am just shocked that NONE of us have gone anywhere in this whole process. I have had NO contact at all. No phone calls, no emails nothing! I know they have my info because I called to give them my passport info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Former NWA FA said: Hello all! I'm a former NW FA. Flew for approximately 6 years left the company in 2006 when I declined recall due to school. Miss flying incredibly.

Status: Under Review
Applied: 09/17/10 as Non-LOD
Took 20 question survey on relocation etc.
No long assessment or interviews
No F2F scheduled at this time

Hopefully we all will hear something soon!

Hi Former NWA FA,

I thought maybe the date I applied had something to do with this loooooooooong wait, but maybe not...

I miss flying too... It breaks my heart to look up in the sky and see the airplanes fly by... I really wish I was still part of that life style.

By the way, did you receive the infamous "don't call us, we'll call you" email? Because I never did. In fact, I didn't even receive an email after I applied. But every time I called, PS people told me that they had all the info they needed and that someone will contact me if they need further information.

Ms. Gringa(She's such a sweetie!!) told me that DL has to verify our employment record first and give PS the green light to push our files further in the process. So I guess you can say we're put on hold for now... =(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Quick question to everyone!

My friend, who's a DL F/A(PMNW), gave me a referral after I'd already applied for the job. She told me I should withdraw my current application and start over with her referral. But I've read somewhere before that once you withdraw, you'll have to wait 6 months to re-apply, is this true?

I'm tempted to try it because there isn't anything going on with my application process anyway, but I also don't want to ruin my chance of being called if what Ms. Gringa told me was true... Currently, my referral shows expired because there's an existing file. I also wonder if my referral had been voided since I'd already applied for the position.

Any thoughts??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California said: Hi Former NWA FA,

I thought maybe the date I applied had something to do with this loooooooooong wait, but maybe not...

I miss flying too... It breaks my heart to look up in the sky and see the airplanes fly by... I really wish I was still part of that life style.

By the way, did you receive the infamous "don't call us, we'll call you" email? Because I never did. In fact, I didn't even receive an email after I applied. But every time I called, PS people told me that they had all the info they needed and that someone will contact me if they need further information.

Ms. Gringa(She's such a sweetie!!) told me that DL has to verify our employment record first and give PS the green light to push our files further in the process. So I guess you can say we're put on hold for now... =(

I never received the infamous do not call email either! I was told the same thing from people scout when I had called to update my passport info that no former or internal transfers were moving forward until Delta gave PS the green light after looking over our files. Not sure why it is taking so long. I miss flying too and just kick myself for letting my dream job go!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California said: Quick question to everyone!

My friend, who's a DL F/A(PMNW), gave me a referral after I'd already applied for the job. She told me I should withdraw my current application and start over with her referral. But I've read somewhere before that once you withdraw, you'll have to wait 6 months to re-apply, is this true?

I'm tempted to try it because there isn't anything going on with my application process anyway, but I also don't want to ruin my chance of being called if what Ms. Gringa told me was true... Currently, my referral shows expired because there's an existing file. I also wonder if my referral had been voided since I'd already applied for the position.

Any thoughts??

I would NOT do it that is my opinion. I was referred from a current DL F/A and it has not helped me thus far. I would hate to see you have to wait to re-apply again! I think at this point they have SO MANY applicants to choose from that a referral will not matter..those are just my two cents :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hakubotan in Seattle, Washington

45 months ago

Hello oppsy daisy and How are you? Former Delta F/A.
I am former NW/FA, I was flying about 17years based in Narita-Tokyo.( including 2years maternity leave and 3years of leave of abscence) Yes! I started to fly when I was 10years old. HA HA HA

Status: under review
Applied: August 25 as Japanese LOD
Assesment: short one only
Aplication: not requested
Contacts fom DL: nothing

I was wondering why HR is not contacting us at all....and came to a conclusion! I think DL want to wait until union votaing is completely done and depending on result HR starts to contact to us or not?

I am hoping after the union vote( maybe begining of Nov) HR will call us. But, I am also worried before then JAP-LOD positions might be filled up etc...Oh~~Well I am waiting waiting.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Boonton, New Jersey

45 months ago

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California said: Yes I am I already sent her an email :) I am just shocked that NONE of us have gone anywhere in this whole process. I have had NO contact at all. No phone calls, no emails nothing! I know they have my info because I called to give them my passport info.

Hi,
I'm still here and waiting just like you :(
I will be joining you at the other forum as soon as I find it. - If you want or need to contact me, e-mail me at jeninboonton@gmail.com
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Boonton, New Jersey

45 months ago

Jen in Boonton, New Jersey said: Hi,
I'm still here and waiting just like you :(
I will be joining you at the other forum as soon as I find it. - If you want or need to contact me, e-mail me at jeninboonton@gmail.com
Thanks.

I just had a brain fart. I'm on the Forum already. - How is everybody doing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Hi,

Glad you ladies could join us!

I think you might be right, hakubotan! I'm just hoping that's the case.. I'm also worried about the positions being filled before they get to us. At this point, I'd just be happy to get my foot back in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Otis in Chandler, Arizona

45 months ago

I am a former NW and DL FA.

I have completed my on-line assessments, 2 phone interviews, and German language test.

I now await my f2f interview...

Good luck, everyone (and thanks for starting this thread)!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California said: I would NOT do it that is my opinion. I was referred from a current DL F/A and it has not helped me thus far. I would hate to see you have to wait to re-apply again! I think at this point they have SO MANY applicants to choose from that a referral will not matter..those are just my two cents :)

Good morning,

Sorry, if you think I'm posting a lot. I'm just trying to keep our forum up at the top where it's visible so others like us would see it!! LOL!

Okay, you're probably right. I just wanted to make sure that I'm doing everything I can so I don't miss out on being considered.

I sure do hope that Delta has other plans for us, former FAs, who are eager to come back. Don't you think that we have so much more to offer to the company the second time around? For myself, having to leave the first time around made me realize how much I loved flying.

I don't regret the reasons for leaving but I do wish that I was still flying.

How about you ladies??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hakubotan in Seattle, Washington

45 months ago

Otis in Chandler, Arizona said: I am a former NW and DL FA.

I have completed my on-line assessments, 2 phone interviews, and German language test.

I now await my f2f interview...

Good luck, everyone (and thanks for starting this thread)!

Hello Otis in Chandler, Arizona

I am very surprised! Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

When did you apply?

When you applied, did you check the box for former DL/NW and gave your old emplyee number?

Thank you. Hakubotan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hakubotan in Seattle, Washington

45 months ago

Hello! Otis in chandler

I am very surprised to here that you are getting calls from HR even you are former DL/NW.
Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

When did you apply?
When you applied did you check the box for former DL/NW and inform your old emplyee number?

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

Hakubotan in Seattle, Washington said: Hello oppsy daisy and How are you? Former Delta F/A.
I am former NW/FA, I was flying about 17years based in Narita-Tokyo.( including 2years maternity leave and 3years of leave of abscence) Yes! I started to fly when I was 10years old. HA HA HA

Status: under review
Applied: August 25 as Japanese LOD
Assesment: short one only
Aplication: not requested
Contacts fom DL: nothing

I was wondering why HR is not contacting us at all....and came to a conclusion! I think DL want to wait until union votaing is completely done and depending on result HR starts to contact to us or not?

I am hoping after the union vote( maybe begining of Nov) HR will call us. But, I am also worried before then JAP-LOD positions might be filled up etc...Oh~~Well I am waiting waiting.....

Hey there Hakubotan...glad you found this forum! I could not find your email in my in box anymore good to hear from you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Blueskie in New York, New York

45 months ago

Hi I am former Delta F/A.

Status : Under review
Applies: August 25 as IT LOD
Assesment: Short one
Contact from Delta HR : nothing yet

Still waiting... : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

It seems to me we are all in the same boat! Even the Former employees who are LOD! Maybe there is still hope. I was starting to prepare myself that they may never call! I am so glad we can all keep each other posted on this new forum! This is the only forum I have email alerts now because WE ALL have simillar backgrounds and experience in this industry. Wishing you all good luck and hope we can all be flying sisters or brothers soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

Aviation in San Diego, California said: Hey Thanks for the email....I hope you doing Great.
BTW...I left you a VM last week...I hope you got it.

No I never got it! Your a hard one to get ahold of too!! :) Any word yet since you re-applied?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

I am wondering why there have been 1-3 Non-LOD's in each F2F session. Makes me wonder?? And NONE have been given a CJO. Makes no sense. Maybe they applied as LOD and then did not pass the language test so they let them slide in as Non-LOD? I can only speculate....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California said: I am wondering why there have been 1-3 Non-LOD's in each F2F session. Makes me wonder?? And NONE have been given a CJO. Makes no sense. Maybe they applied as LOD and then did not pass the language test so they let them slide in as Non-LOD? I can only speculate....

I'm so glad there's finally a place where we can express our concerns!!

@ Former Delta F/A,

I just assumed those NON-LODs were internal applicants, were they not? Humm...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Hakubotan in Seattle, Washington said: Hello! Otis in chandler

I am very surprised to here that you are getting calls from HR even you are former DL/NW.
Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

When did you apply?
When you applied did you check the box for former DL/NW and inform your old emplyee number?

Thank you.

Yes, I'm very curious, too! Please share!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Have you guys seen this? Since it's public knowledge, I can post it here, right?
www.deltafa.org/pdf_library/dl_nwa_benefits_comparison.pdf

It's kind of old but it's very interesting to read especially for former NWA F/As.
Wow, I like the section where it compares things pertaining to holidays.

Delta, please call uuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California said: Have you guys seen this? Since it's public knowledge, I can post it here, right?
www.deltafa.org/pdf_library/dl_nwa_benefits_comparison.pdf

It's kind of old but it's very interesting to read especially for former NWA F/As.
Wow, I like the section where it compares things pertaining to holidays.

Delta, please call uuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!

Just goes to show why Delta does not need a union. I am not going to get into a union discussion on here but the facts are the facts....Miss flying so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California said: Just goes to show why Delta does not need a union. I am not going to get into a union discussion on here but the facts are the facts....Miss flying so much!

I know what you mean... I know Delta is a great airline, I wish they'd call already!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Ken in Washington, District of Columbia said: Does anyone know if Delta will send massive rejection letters to people at some point like right before their training starts or end of this year? Or do we get one by one slowly through our process?

excellent point! we wish they would be considerate like that but NO, they will send massive rejection letters right before it's over....sad huh? but yes.

You don't think Delta would set our files aside just to do this to us, do you? I'm going to go read some posts from the 08 hiring process and see if I can find any answers to what's happening to us... b back!!

Again, I apologize for posting a lot. I'm trying to keep our forum up where it's visible. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Otis in Chandler, Arizona

45 months ago

Hakubotan in Seattle, Washington said: Hello! Otis in chandler

I am very surprised to here that you are getting calls from HR even you are former DL/NW.
Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

When did you apply?
When you applied did you check the box for former DL/NW and inform your old emplyee number?

Thank you.

I applied in early September and checked the box as a former DL/NW employee (I submitted my former DL number but did not submit my former NW number as I no longer know it)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

I would be curious to know if HR hired any former F/A back in 2008? Does anyone have any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California said: I would be curious to know if HR hired any former F/A back in 2008? Does anyone have any ideas?

Ok, I'm up to page 24 of another forum... wow, it'll take me some time to go through all 600+ pages of it. But I did come across a guy named Randy's post. He was a former DL F/A and his case sounds a lot like ours. I'm trying to locate him but I may not be successful. He hasn't posted anything for almost 2 years so I'm not sure what happened to him...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California

45 months ago

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California said: Ok, I'm up to page 24 of another forum... wow, it'll take me some time to go through all 600+ pages of it. But I did come across a guy named Randy's post. He was a former DL F/A and his case sounds a lot like ours. I'm trying to locate him but I may not be successful. He hasn't posted anything for almost 2 years so I'm not sure what happened to him...

Wow good detective work :) I am flying out to ATL tonight (not for a F2F :( we are moving there next week) will not be back home until Saturday. Will try to check this forum while I am there! Have a great rest of your week and weekend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hakubotan in Seattle, Washington

45 months ago

Hi, Otis in chandler

Thank you very much for ansuewring my questions..
In that case, I really don't know what is HR's criteria to call.
I was hoping that HR put all formers aside and start calling after Union voting or something ....maybe I am wrong....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Current Delta FA in New York, New York

45 months ago

Former Delta F/A in Winchester, California said: I am wondering why there have been 1-3 Non-LOD's in each F2F session. Makes me wonder?? And NONE have been given a CJO. Makes no sense. Maybe they applied as LOD and then did not pass the language test so they let them slide in as Non-LOD? I can only speculate....

I don't think that would be the case as I know a LOD that applied and they didn't allow him to apply as regular... he'd have to wait 6 months they told him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SkyyGirl in Illinois

45 months ago

Hakubotan in Seattle, Washington said: Hi, Otis in chandler

Thank you very much for ansuewring my questions..
In that case, I really don't know what is HR's criteria to call.
I was hoping that HR put all formers aside and start calling after Union voting or something ....maybe I am wrong....

I am a former NW waiting in the pool with you all... thank you for starting this forum! :-)

First, remember that Otis is a LOD and now in the f2f waiting pool... so really there is no ryhme or reason to how Delta is handling the formers...

I agree that they are waiting for the union vote... My opinion is that if the union is NOT voted in, they are anticipating a number of PMNW f/a's to resign. (the number of f/a's hired will be higher) ...The word on the line by PMNW f/a's is a lot of them will be quiting, hence, Delta is preparing... Especially the old school Teamsters/pro union f/a's who honestly think they can not survive without a union...lol...I'm fine without a union, as it has worked for Delta all these years... The selfish part of me really wants a "No" vote so there will be MORE room for us...LOL...

Good luck "Formers" ...and thanks again for starting this forum! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Aviation in San Diego, California said: HI, I hope you don't mind me trying to help as well...I found some intersting posts from Randy and I will be copying & pasting it on here for everyone to read and I will continue to search to find him as well...here are some posts.....

Randy in Olathe, Kansas

35 months ago

flygirl in Hephzibah, Georgia said: they called me at 6:25pm yesterday, and yes it is beautiful here. I LOVE ATLANTA. it really hasnt been that cold--thank god.

It was 77 degrees here 3 days ago, today when I got up it was 13 and there was snow on the ground!?!??! BRRRRRRR

I'm coming to live in ATL!

Randy in Olathe, Kansas

35 months ago

Nikki from Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: Does anyone know if Delta will be having more than one class starting next year?

My friend who is a DL flight attendant said they are looking to recruit 1,000 flight attendants, but not necessarily 1,000 from the outside. They are offering those on furlough to come back first, but I would assume they are having more than one class next year! My friend told me there are typically 30-40 in a class.

Randy in Olathe, Kansas

35 months ago
Wow, outstanding! Congratulations! I hope I get the same call, sometime in the near future. I applied 11/2.

Rand in Douglasville, Georgia

35 months ago
Randy in Kansas,

Thank you for your support...Keep hope alive you will hear from them... they are very busy...Sara called me yesterday around 5 pm...I hope you had a great Thanksgiving...It is very windy and cold here too, unlike for GA weather...I will keep my fingers crossed for you

Thanks for the help!!

Is anyone in contact with HappyLife or BCL29? I think they are FORMERs like us as well!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

SkyyGirl in Illinois said: I am a former NW waiting in the pool with you all... thank you for starting this forum! :-)

First, remember that Otis is a LOD and now in the f2f waiting pool... so really there is no ryhme or reason to how Delta is handling the formers...

I agree that they are waiting for the union vote... My opinion is that if the union is NOT voted in, they are anticipating a number of PMNW f/a's to resign. (the number of f/a's hired will be higher) ...The word on the line by PMNW f/a's is a lot of them will be quiting, hence, Delta is preparing... Especially the old school Teamsters/pro union f/a's who honestly think they can not survive without a union...lol...I'm fine without a union, as it has worked for Delta all these years... The selfish part of me really wants a "No" vote so there will be MORE room for us...LOL...

Good luck "Formers" ...and thanks again for starting this forum! =)

Good morning Sky Girl,

Good to have you here! Do you mind sharing your progress? Have you gotten any calls or email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SkyyGirl in Illinois

45 months ago

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California said: Good morning Sky Girl,

Good to have you here! Do you mind sharing your progress? Have you gotten any calls or email?

I'm sorry, how rude of me...

Applied: 9/8/10
Non-Lod
Short assesment Yes
Attached my resume
Assessemt request sent on 9/14/10 - took it immediately
Found the indeed forum on 9/16/10 - realized there was long app to fill out through forum talk and went back and filled that out immediately that day.
No phone interviews
No F2F request
Status: "Under review"

Left NW after 17 years of service in Jan. 2007 for personal/family reasons. They stopped offering LOA's due to pay cuts and contract negotiations, so I was kind of forced to resign... :-( ...now everything is in perfect order and I'm ready to start the second half of my life!!! ...Please take me back!!!!! LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

SkyyGirl in Illinois said: I'm sorry, how rude of me...

Applied: 9/8/10
Non-Lod
Short assesment Yes
Attached my resume
Assessemt request sent on 9/14/10 - took it immediately
Found the indeed forum on 9/16/10 - realized there was long app to fill out through forum talk and went back and filled that out immediately that day.
No phone interviews
No F2F request
Status: "Under review"

Left NW after 17 years of service in Jan. 2007 for personal/family reasons. They stopped offering LOA's due to pay cuts and contract negotiations, so I was kind of forced to resign... :-( ...now everything is in perfect order and I'm ready to start the second half of my life!!! ...Please take me back!!!!! LOL

Oh no, not at all, you weren't being rude!!=)Thanks for sharing your info!
I know, I wish they'd take us back too... =(

So you got to fill out the long app and do the assessment. I was never asked to do that... hum.. Do you think I missed something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former NWA FA - BCL29

45 months ago

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California said: Thanks for the help!!

Is anyone in contact with HappyLife or BCL29? I think they are FORMERs like us as well!!

Hey this is BCL29. When I moved I guess it deleted my other screen name BUT there is another Former NWA in here that is getting some pretty nasty responses to their posts and that is not me. Anyhow!

Has anyone else progress along this journey yet? I am so confused because I haven't filled out any application or taken any assessment other than those few questions after entering in my old NWA employee number. Very confused at the moment and I'm holding back my desire to call into that 877 number but I may just to see if there is anything that I have missed or should be doing. I haven't received the "do not call us email" or any type of notification from Delta at this point not even an email that acknowledges my application. So hmmmm. I guess we will just have to be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Valerie in Chandler, Arizona

45 months ago

Aviation in San Diego, California said: Hi Everyone,
I have the BIGGEST question and I would to read everyone's opinion.
Here is what I have heared from few months ago and also from some inside sources @ DAL in the past couple yrs meaning when they were hiring in 2007 & 2008.

Is it true that DAL have a policy to NOT Re-hire any former FA's who have...1) Resigned OR 2) Asked to Resign OR 3) Terminated ????

Thanks everyone for answering this question...looking forward to everyones opinion.

I resigned from DL as Flight Attendant in 2000 and I have my face-to-face interview on Monday.

If DL doesn't re-hire FAs who resigned then why have I been invited to a face-to-face interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Valerie in Chandler, Arizona

45 months ago

former DAL in San Diego, California said: Good Luck with your interview.
Are you LOD?

Aviation in SAN,
I am not sure why it shows SAN for me but I do live in S. CA as well. However, thanks for asking the question because I have heared the same rumor from some friends. In fact one of my friends was offered a spot for training in 2008 but they didn't have any more training classes since may 2008.

My status:
applied non-lod
filled out the contact info.
yes short assessement
f2f nothing yet

Yes, I am LOD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kirakira in Lake Worth, Florida

45 months ago

HI I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU, I WENT TO FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW BUT READING ALL THE COMMENTS THEY SAY THAT BASICALLY IF THEY DONT CALL YOU THE SAME DAY ,THAT MEANS YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT, IS THAT TRUE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kirakira in Lake Worth, Florida

45 months ago

Current Delta FA in New York, New York said: I don't think that would be the case as I know a LOD that applied and they didn't allow him to apply as regular... he'd have to wait 6 months they told him.

sorry to interrupt , but I went to my face to face interview and i would like to know if I still have a chance that they would call me between 3 weeks.Because they say in the forum that just those people that were pulled out from the group were the one that made it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former NWA FA - BCL29

45 months ago

Hey all just wanted to let you know that I called PS to find out why many of us havent received any type of notification. She asked me if I had a phone interview, I replied no. She asked me if I had my passport, I said yes. She took a look at my file again and then said " oh you're a former employee. We have to wait for Delta to give us the green light before we can contact you as they are reviewing your file." She also informed me that it has been taking awhile for Delta to get back to them regarding Former employees and told me to sit tight as the process will take some time. Granted I don't know what to take from this but it seems like we can't do a phone interview or assessment until Delta OKs it. Not sure why many of us are waiting on the sidelines especially since many of us who left the company sometime after 9/11 received certification from the government as a flight attendant.....I actually just found my FAA certification card! Well hopefully we all get called soon! I would love to be flying with each and everyone of you and can't wait for the days that we are sitting on a layover and talk about " that time looking to get rehired!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Former NWA FA - BCL29 said: Hey all just wanted to let you know that I called PS to find out why many of us havent received any type of notification. She asked me if I had a phone interview, I replied no. She asked me if I had my passport, I said yes. She took a look at my file again and then said " oh you're a former employee. We have to wait for Delta to give us the green light before we can contact you as they are reviewing your file." She also informed me that it has been taking awhile for Delta to get back to them regarding Former employees and told me to sit tight as the process will take some time. Granted I don't know what to take from this but it seems like we can't do a phone interview or assessment until Delta OKs it. Not sure why many of us are waiting on the sidelines especially since many of us who left the company sometime after 9/11 received certification from the government as a flight attendant.....I actually just found my FAA certification card! Well hopefully we all get called soon! I would love to be flying with each and everyone of you and can't wait for the days that we are sitting on a layover and talk about " that time looking to get rehired!"

YES, I definitely look forward to THAT day!! It'll be a fun reunion for us, formers!! xoxo

And, thank you for this piece of information. I think it validates what we have been saying all along. At least we know now that we haven't been forgotten.
Woo hoo!!

I still have my FAA certification card too, because they never asked for it back when I resigned. So, as far as that goes, most of us are already in the system so it should make things easy for Delta to do our background check.

I just want to than you guys for keeping our forum active. Let's keep it going until EVERY one of us are back with Delta!! Woo Hoo!!

xoxo oopsy daisy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California

45 months ago

kirakira in Lake Worth, Florida said: HI I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU, I WENT TO FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW BUT READING ALL THE COMMENTS THEY SAY THAT BASICALLY IF THEY DONT CALL YOU THE SAME DAY ,THAT MEANS YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT, IS THAT TRUE?

I believe so... but you never know!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SkyyGirl in Illinois

45 months ago

oopsy daisy in San Jose, California said: Oh no, not at all, you weren't being rude!!=)Thanks for sharing your info!
I know, I wish they'd take us back too... =(

So you got to fill out the long app and do the assessment. I was never asked to do that... hum.. Do you think I missed something?

Yes, I received the infamous email saying, ..."Congratulations on your success in the first step of the Delta Air Lines employment process! We are very excited that you're interested in joining our team. The next step will be for you to complete an online assessment....(the link to the website)...etc"

There was a drop down menu under the status: Under review... That's when I went back 2 days later and found the long app...

Part of me now thinks maybe this was a fluke that I was sent the assessment email... I put my former employee number just like everyone else here...no ryhme or reason...

As far as the FAA F/A card... it lasts forever and is a government issued ID and no airline can ask for it back... as a matter of fact I worked for a charter 121 carrier doing sports charters 2 years ago and they ask for the card... it was and is very helpful to already have the card available... just fyi... =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.