Frontier Airline

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2055)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Smiley in Vancouver, Washington

59 months ago

Does Frontier provide lodging during training?

Does anyone know anything about Frontier Airlines, and their F/A position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Kansas City, Missouri

59 months ago

EESV4424 in Ft Lauderdale Fl said: NO Frontier does not provide housing. You have to pay for an extented stays hotel suite for the whole 6 wks you are in training. Training is paid but it takes a wk for the pay checks to kick in. but you would have to save up some money for housing and if you decide to rent a car thats another expense you man want to concider.

EESV, hope you don't mind answering some more questions. What was Frontier's interview process like? (Open House, Group Interview, One on One) What is the % needed to pass tests and what is the starting salary?

Thanks for your time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

EESV4424 in Ft Lauderdale Fl in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

59 months ago

when i went to the interview it a open house in denver and they flew my best friend and me out there where as b4 you had to get there your self so thats a new thing they started. the next day in the hotel it was super crowded i would say maybe 400 people showed up. the first group interview is a panel. It was 20 of us and they ask you where are you from why you want to be a flight attendant for F(9) (Frontier) and choose and animal that suits you personality and why. then about and hr later names of the people who made the cut was posted. 2 days later we came back for the formal interview and againit was a panel of 5 and 6 of us. we all made the cut we did uniforms, finger prints,drug test and physical there on the spot. you need a 90% or better for exams starting salery is 19,096 1.75 per diem and your seniority in class goes by the last 4 digits of you SS# with ooo1 being the highest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Interesting, and thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate it very much.

You mentioned that you work for Republic. Is the process the same for Frontier?
Also, what are the Frontier domiciles?
If hired by Frontier, do you fly only on the Frontier A/C, or the others also?
Why do you suggest $4k saved up for training? Seems like alot for 6 weeks, but I'm guessing you've included the amount one would need to rent a place to live after training. Am I right?
Are you getting in alot of flight time? Loving it?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EESV4424 in Ft Lauderdale Fl in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

59 months ago

i don't work for Republic yet i start training for them on the 14th of january. I currently work for PSA US Airways Express. Once you work for republic you are certified to work on only Republic planes you can not cross over to F9 ( Frontier). Frontier is operating as it's own entity so there is no such thing as gettin hired with republic and then working on frontiers A319/320s 2 seporate companies although owned by republic it's subsidiary of republic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

flyaway in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

Smiley in Vancouver, Washington said: Does Frontier provide lodging during training?

Does anyone know anything about Frontier Airlines, and their F/A position?

Hi there, Before training at the interview,you pay for the hotel, but get a disc.
For the training, Double room hotel accommodations are provided to those 50 miles outside of Indianapolis, Indiana. Meals are the responsibility of the FA. I met the lady at the bar/cook. She said they put a partition between the two that share the room. Transportation for those outside of 50 miles are provided between hotel and training center and from airport. I met the owner of the hotel. He is so nice and goes out of his way to take you to a walgreens if you forgot something. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

flyaway in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

flyaway in Denver, Colorado said: Hi there, Before training at the interview,you pay for the hotel, but get a disc.
For the training, Double room hotel accommodations are provided to those 50 miles outside of Indianapolis, Indiana. Meals are the responsibility of the FA. I met the lady at the bar/cook. She said they put a partition between the two that share the room. Transportation for those outside of 50 miles are provided between hotel and training center and from airport. I met the owner of the hotel. He is so nice and goes out of his way to take you to a walgreens if you forgot something. Good Luck!

BTW- that's Republic in Indy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MissFA in Cleveland, Ohio

59 months ago

I have been watching my Application status on the f9 website... It started out as active application, then to under manager review and now it states terminate application. What exactly does this mean? NO? I am currently a flight attendant and feel I am highly qualified. I havent heard anything via phone or email. The word terminate doesnt make me feel good about this. Any insight would be great! Anyone else in this boat? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FLYGUYCONCORD in Concord, North Carolina

59 months ago

MissFA in Cleveland, Ohio said: I have been watching my Application status on the f9 website... It started out as active application, then to under manager review and now it states terminate application. What exactly does this mean? NO? I am currently a flight attendant and feel I am highly qualified. I havent heard anything via phone or email. The word terminate doesnt make me feel good about this. Any insight would be great! Anyone else in this boat? Thanks

Hi Miss FA...I am an experienced FA as well and my app also says "Terminate". It was fine earlier this afternoon. I guess they dont like our qualifications for some reason.

future FA in Horn Lake, Mississippi

59 months ago

I just checked mine and it said the same (Terminate)..I dont have any experience so I could understand why they did'nt choose me, but if both you guys have experience, who knows?????? Hopefully you two will hear something soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed :-)

MissFA in Cleveland, Ohio

59 months ago

FlyGuyConcord, thanks for your post. My status also changed this afternoon. So is the conclusion "terminate" is a no deal? And future FA,thanks for your insight. Lets all keep our fingers crossed and maybe terminate means something good? :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smartguy747 in Washington, District of Columbia

59 months ago

you have the right to call the hr dept and find out as to why your application was terminated.

aisle_style in San Antonio, Texas

59 months ago

Someone from Frontier called and left me a message to call back to speak to a recruiter. Has anyone else scheduled an interview? What's next in the process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MissFA in Paterson, New Jersey

59 months ago

For anyone that has been contacted or an interview does your status on ur online app, state terminate application? Or what does it say?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wannabeF9fa

59 months ago

hey guys. i got a call from someone at frontier asking me to call them back and speak to a recruiter. as of 2 seconds ago when i checked my application still says "under manager review" i am going to call tomorrow and speak to a recruiter and see what the next step is. i will let you guys know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KL444 in Cleveland, Ohio

59 months ago

I am a qualified FA< and in less than 24 hrs after I applied my application said "terminate" too. Well, I must say that I was surprised but whatever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

Well, KL444...it was 2 days for me. I have 10 years AND I'm qualified on the Airbus 320/319!!! So what gives...I guess no former f/a at Frontier!!! What a rotten thing to do!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

formerflyboy in Plainfield, Indiana

59 months ago

hi. im a former fa. i flew with america west/usairways 9 years. i too got a call to contact them if i am still interestf im stoked!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KL444 in Cleveland, Ohio

59 months ago

CabinCrew, 14 years of experience but you know what, whatever their reasons are, I know they missed an opportunity to hire a great FA. Maybe they're worried that I'd want to start a union, which wouldn't be the case. Frontier has tried to get a union like 4 times, and I'm not sure they ever voted one in. Whatever their reasons for the "termination" I'm not really devastated just surprised that they wouldn't consider my application.

spridal in Las Vegas, Nevada

59 months ago

Don't give up hope because your app says "terminate application". I don't know what that means, but mine also went to that status. Yet I just received my itinerary for travel to an interview later this week. Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Spridal,

You received an "itinerary for travel" without speaking first with a recruiter on the phone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

spridal in Las Vegas, Nevada

59 months ago

Hi Smiley,

No, I had a phone interview with a recruiter first. They were upbeat, positive, and asked standard questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Midexer422ys in Waukesha, Wisconsin

59 months ago

Hi all....Just got phone interviewed...Attending session JAN 21 at MKE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sweetiepie in Newnan, Georgia

59 months ago

Congrats! What kind of questions did the phone interview entail? Was it "Tell me a time..." or was it like "do you have a passport? do you have legal right to work in the US?" THANKS! im still waiting for my phone interview but my app still says under manager review! :D

FutureF9FA in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

Hey all. My status says under management Review. I had my phone interview last week which went really well and was preparing to travel to MKE this week but the loads for non-rev travel didnt look good. Corporate called me today to arrange different travel/options. I am set to interview at the DEN office on the 26th of this month. I heard that training will be in MKE but thats all I know. Wish me luck and good luck to all of YOU! Do any of you know any more details? I am so pumped up about this! Any information that you might have will hopefully calm my nerves! Ready to relocate to MKE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Midexer422ys in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: Hi all....Just got phone interviewed...Attending session JAN 21 at MKE.

Standard Questions....like you described in your post. They might have been different than those asked normally as Im from ex-Legacy Midwest Airlines. Since Frontier and Midwest are part of the Republic Empire...its kinda one big company....the job interview was for Frontier's MKE base, yet the recuriter was from Indianapolis at Republic. He was joking with me about my ex-life at Midwest. My app said under manager review up until as recently as this morning before they called me. I've actually talked with them like 3 times today...they now switched my group interview from next week Thursday JAN 21st to this week Thursday JAN 14th. I guess alot of ex-Midwester's are scheduled for this date. Least I'll know some peeps...lol....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Thats weird that FutureF9FA says training would be in MKE. They don't have any A318-319-320 simulators in MKE. All the cabin mockups I hear are in DEN. The only mockups at the MKE Midwest Airlines Headquarters is for MD-80 and Boeing 717-200.

59 months ago

I totally agree about the training being in MKE with associated mock-ups. I am confused as well. All I know is that I was told by a reliable source that it would be there, not DEN. Does anyone know if F9 will cover any of the stay while at training if in MKE?

59 months ago

What about the Airbus' that will be RON in MKE? Wouldnt the trainees be able to utilize these for edu? Also, I was told a while ago that FA training with F9 existed of paper on walls with chairs. That was maybe 7 or 8 years ago. By the way, F9 doesnt have any 320 mock-ups, no double window OWE.

59 months ago

Quick question...does anyone know how tough the competition will be? How many are being interviewed? Looks like there will be 3 Interview sessions, 2 in MKE and 1 in DEN. How many will be hired for first class? Guess I am a bit on the nervous side.

59 months ago

the 320's have double OWE's......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Midexer422ys in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: the 320's have double OWE's......

Correct, the 320's do have double OWE each side.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

in the air in Silver Spring, Maryland

59 months ago

Anyone call HQ to find out what Terminate Application means? Whats the name of the recruiters? Or who should I ask for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Happy flyer in Aurora, Colorado said: Although Frontier and Republic Airlines are both now owned by Republic Airways Holdings they still hire for their individual airline. Frontier has a DEN base and starting April 1st will open MKE. Frontier is currently hiring for their MKE base. You will be trained on the Airbus. Republic is always hiring on and off. Their bases are CMH, IND, PHL, PIT, DCA, DEN, MKE and MCI. Both companies pay you for training but it is not much. You just need to have enough money to pay your bills while in training. If you applied and were to get hired on the Republic side your training would be 15 days in IND. You would work on the ERJ 170/190. Hope this helps!

Have you heard for sure where the training will be held? Also, do you know the length of time?

Happy flyer in Aurora, Colorado

59 months ago

FutureF9FA in Denver, Colorado said: Have you heard for sure where the training will be held? Also, do you know the length of time?

Frontier has always held their training in DEN at their training center by the airport. They have never provided hotels in the past because DEN was always considered your domicile. I am not positive how long their training is but thought it was around 3 1/2 weeks. With the new MKE base, I would THINK their training would still be in DEN and they would provide hotels, but I could be wrong so don't quote me on that! They may do training in MKE so they don't have to pay for hotels. These are all good questions to ask when interviewed! They will tell you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Good luck to everyone in MKE tomorrow with the FA interviews! I cant wait to hear about it! I will be in DEN on the 26th for my Interview! Peace to all of you!

BrownEyedGirl in Las Vegas, Nevada

59 months ago

Hi Midexer422ys,

I got my call this morning for the MKE Jan 21 session! I just applied Sunday night! Good luck! Hope to see you there!

59 months ago

Hi Sweetiepie!

My call wasn't much of an interview. I was just asked if I was still interested. Then I gave my email address so that I could receive my flight info. Maybe a 4 minute call at most. I suppose the will do all the questioning once you get there. I hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I'm ex-Legacy Midwest Airlines as well.

59 months ago

BrownEyedGirl in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi Midexer422ys,

I got my call this morning for the MKE Jan 21 session! I just applied Sunday night! Good luck! Hope to see you there!

Well i won't see you on JAN 21 session as I am scheduled for tomorrow JAN 14th. But maybe I'll see u possibly in training???
Hope so....let me know if your there....lol......or who u r if you want to. Good Luck on the 21st.

supadupa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

59 months ago

GOODLUCK to everyone interviewing!!! ALL the BEST!!! I received my phone call on Friday but I missed it so I called back on monday and they told me they would call me back... :)

59 months ago

Who's going to DEN for the Interview on the 26th?

aisle_style in Minneapolis, Minnesota

59 months ago

supadupa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: GOODLUCK to everyone interviewing!!! ALL the BEST!!! I received my phone call on Friday but I missed it so I called back on monday and they told me they would call me back... :)

i was told the same thing! I can't wait to learn more!

59 months ago

Does anyone know how the Interview(s) went today? I would love to know. I hope all that were on this blog rec'd good news! If you went, I would love to know what was expected. How was the Clarion? Was it packed with people? You know, the usual questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

FutureF9FA in Denver, Colorado said: Who's going to DEN for the Interview on the 26th?

Not me....I just got back from F9's group interview at MKE today. Its an ALL day event....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Midexer422ys in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: Not me....I just got back from F9's group interview at MKE today. Its an ALL day event....

How did it go? Did you make it? I hope you did, I want everyone to get great news? Were there lots of people?

Was it a lot of pressure? Cattle call?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

FutureF9FA in Denver, Colorado said: How did it go? Did you make it? I hope you did, I want everyone to get great news? Were there lots of people?

None of us will know until next week if we "scored !!!" Email or phone call they said is the way you'll get notified. There were probably like 60 people there....it lasted from 0830a until 645p....because they only had ONE fingerprint person doing all the peeps and ONE drug tester doing everyone....that was kind of messed up....should of at least had 2 and 2 for that many people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

FutureF9FA in Denver, Colorado said: How did it go? Did you make it? I hope you did, I want everyone to get great news? Were there lots of people?

I won't lie....there was a little bit of pressure for everyone I think...They even had the (F9) Director of Inflight doing interviews....i was like...OH NO...Im gonna get him.....!!! lol...but i got a lady who was new to Republic...2 weeks new as a recruiter. They had a couple of peeps from Republic doing the interviews and then the others were f9.

futuref9fa in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

Midexer422ys in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: None of us will know until next week if we "scored !!!" Email or phone call they said is the way you'll get notified. There were probably like 60 people there....it lasted from 0830a until 645p....because they only had ONE fingerprint person doing all the peeps and ONE drug tester doing everyone....that was kind of messed up....should of at least had 2 and 2 for that many people.

Out of the 60 people, how many made it to the end of the day? Was the test hard?

59 months ago

futuref9fa in Denver, Colorado said: Out of the 60 people, how many made it to the end of the day? Was the test hard?

2 or 3 people left on their own but otherwise everyone else stayed for the whole thing. What test r u talking about? Drug test??

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.