Good flight attendant training school in Washington/Oregon?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

aip in Bellevue, Washington

63 months ago

Hi there,

I heard there is a good flight attendant training school near Portland, OR. A lot of Horizon flight attendants get hired from the school. Does anyone know the name of the schoo?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (165) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Tina W in San Marcos, Texas

63 months ago

the majority of flight attendant school are wastes of money.

EVERY airline has their own training that they put you through, and i've heard that they sometimes don't want to bother "re-training" you and trying to get all that flight school stuff out of your head

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PDX-Kat

60 months ago

That is very true. Flight Attendant school is a waste of your time and money. It will not increase your chances of obtaining a job with an airline as a F/A. All airlines have their own training. Either they feel you are the right fit, or they don't. And if they don't, the school will have been a waste of time. And if they do feel you are the type of person they are looking for, they still don't care about the school since they're going to train you their way.

Save your money!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

roza in Lakewood, Washington

60 months ago

The name of the school is "International Air and Hospitality Academy" in Portland Oregon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

nunyabizness in Vancouver, Washington

55 months ago

DEE in Vancouver, Washington said: LMAO it's funny how after I wrote that comment things went downhill and it actually did come out to be a racist school BIGGG TIIMMMEEE... and I'm not going there anymore

Usually the people who claim that people or companies are racist are the type of people who do not want to do the work and need to blame someone else for their failures. There is no way in the world that the school is racist and if you keep saying these slanderous things, you could have a lawsuit on your hands. And since I am assuming you have no job, I don't think you can afford that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

flightcrew in Montclair, New Jersey

52 months ago

Do what you feel is right.
One persons negative experience isn't a reason to change what you want to do in life. You have a different personality and tolerances and may enjoy it.

Flight Attendant Training:
As a former Flight Attendant Manager I will share this with you.
Airlines have their own training, yes.
Having a knowledge of this training ahead of time can only help your chances of getting hired. It shows Dedication and motivation.

Most people giving you advice about the course as being "a waste" may NOT be aware of the difference between a commercial flight attendant and a corporate flight attendant.

Corporate Flight Attendant (my career backgroud)
you are required to take the courses on your own, out of your own pocket.
This is an extremely demanding, high paced career.
I was a commerical flight attendant as well.
The only comparison I can give you is this.
A professional olympic athlete who trains on a daily basis, maintaining a completely healthy lifestyle, no drinking, no sugars, focusing all attention to the sport, family and friends come second.
THIS is a Corporate Flight Attendant.

Someone who is in ok shape, likes to go to the gym a few days a week, eat somewhat healthy, but also like pizza and ice cream at times and enjoys going out on Friday night.
THIS is a Commercial Flight Attendant.

Choose your career wisely. Do a lot of research.
Listen to peoples experiences BUT
Also realize some people were rejected or could not handle the high stress, chaos that comes with this industry. It requires hard work and detrmination. The classes require you to give 100% at all times.
If you do not give 110%, they will know it...this is how the "not so good" ones are weeded out from the "Great" ones.

aip in Bellevue, Washington said: Hi there,

I heard there is a good flight attendant training school near Portland, OR. A lot of Horizon flight attendants get hired from the school. Does anyone know the name of the schoo?[/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CeeMB in Gastonia, North Carolina

49 months ago

flightcrew in Montclair, New Jersey said: Do what you feel is right.
One persons negative experience isn't a reason to change what you want to do in life. You have a different personality and tolerances and may enjoy it.
Hello,
As a 10yr F/A and now in Inflight Management Going to a school will not help you get the job. Each airline will train a new F/A on policy and procedures for that company. When going for a interview we look for people who have great interpersonal skills and people who can handle conflict resolution issue. My suggestion to the person would be to make sure they get enough CSR training and try and volunteer working with a diverse population. Working with youth or women are great projects. The school can not teach skills needed to help you get the job the school can only show you basics. You will still need to know the codes for each City etc. The only other suggestion is if the person wants to pay money for the school then they should do it! but believe me it will not make a difference if you get the job or not. Only YOU!! can go into the interview and whoo the interviewers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Starkville, Mississippi

49 months ago

My daughter will be attending the international flight academy in vancouver wa starting july 12th she is very excited about it. I need information from some that has attended the school and were you able to find a job after you finished school. Also is it a ggod school for an 18 year old to attend right out of high school.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CeeMB in Gastonia, North Carolina

49 months ago

lisa in Starkville, Mississippi said: My daughter will be attending the international flight academy in vancouver wa starting july 12th she is very excited about it. I need information from some that has attended the school and were you able to find a job after you finished school. Also is it a ggod school for an 18 year old to attend right out of high school.
Thanks

Hello Lisa,

I am not familiar with the school but if she is excited then go for it!! I wish her luck when she gets out in finding a job

Once again Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fly Girl

49 months ago

flightcrew in Montclair, New Jersey said: Do what you feel is right.

Flight Attendant Training:
As a former Flight Attendant Manager I will share this with you.
Airlines have their own training, yes.
Having a knowledge of this training ahead of time can only help your chances of getting hired. It shows Dedication and motivation.

Most people giving you advice about the course as being "a waste" may NOT be aware of the difference between a commercial flight attendant and a corporate flight attendant.

Corporate Flight Attendant (my career backgroud)
you are required to take the courses on your own, out of your own pocket.
This is an extremely demanding, high paced career.
I was a commerical flight attendant as well.
The only comparison I can give you is this.
A professional olympic athlete who trains on a daily basis, maintaining a completely healthy lifestyle, no drinking, no sugars, focusing all attention to the sport, family and friends come second.
THIS is a Corporate Flight Attendant.

Someone who is in ok shape, likes to go to the gym a few days a week, eat somewhat healthy, but also like pizza and ice cream at times and enjoys going out on Friday night.
THIS is a Commercial Flight Attendant.

Choose your career wisely. Do a lot of research.
Listen to peoples experiences BUT
Also realize some people were rejected or could not handle the high stress, chaos that comes with this industry. It requires hard work and detrmination. The classes require you to give 100% at all times.
If you do not give 110%, they will know it...this is how the "not so good" ones are weeded out from the "Great" ones.

Thank you for your professional advice. Is the school mandatory? If so, which one is best for online classes and placement. If not, where do I start? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LA in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

amill in Grayson, Georgia said: That makes no since so ur an olympic athlete and a fa and thats what type of people are corp fA's for real what are you trying to sell??

Amill, first of all,
learn how to read and write English. Then
look up the term Metaphor.

FlyGirl- classes are not done online. They are
interactive. I don't know what classes are
in your area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

vancouver, wa in Portland, Oregon

47 months ago

lisa in Starkville, Mississippi said: My daughter will be attending the international flight academy in vancouver wa starting july 12th she is very excited about it. I need information from some that has attended the school and were you able to find a job after you finished school. Also is it a ggod school for an 18 year old to attend right out of high school.
Thanks

I went to the Air Academy stright out of hight school, I thought this was a great idea at the time, but unfortunatly it wasn't. I was 18 at the time and if you research most of the airlines now require that you be 21, so here I am 20 one more year to go!!! i sugguest that you research are you willing to relocate, work for a smaller company, wait, do you have customer service experience?? One of my best friends also had this same issue, now we are both going to college, I sincerally think that I would have been better off going to college and not waisting time!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gina in Atlanta, Georgia

45 months ago

Anybody know name of school for flight attendant in Atlanta, Georgia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

iFLAUNt247 in Los Banos, California

44 months ago

what if you dont want to empress the airlines with your paper work saying you went to flight school, what if you just want to better your chances when you go on the interview? man i was looking forward to going to fligh school but if most of you guys already expierenced it and was a tottal waste then i have no clue what to do. How do you stand out from all the other apps? i really trully want to become a F/A i just dont know what to do anymore ! ugh please help, give me your opinions.

Marco in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

iFLUANt,

First thing, an airline training school on your résumé will have no bearing on whether you get hired or not. Check each airline you'd like to apply for, minimum requirements. Make sure you meet them, this is the best start. Since most airlines now handle applications over the internet make sure you attach your latest CV and do not forget to add a cover letter if one is requested.

If you meet the basics, you'll most likely receive a phone call for a five to ten minute phone interview. Job facts will be explained, and you'll probably get asked a couple of questions..THIS is when you get the opportunity to stand out!

Hope this helps,

Marco

iFLAUNt247 in Los Banos, California

44 months ago

Marco

the school i was looking at, she told me that she will show me what needs to be said and how to act on the interview. Does that matter? i dont know why but i really want to go to a school, people have told me its a great idea then there is others telling me not to do it, do you know anything about pan am academy, they have accepted me into the school already but i told them that i wanted to wait and think about it. I just dont want to make a horrible decision and pay back that money and not have a job, i am only 19 and i never had a real job so i dot know what to do on interviews and i am just oh so lost. lol i know sad right, but i really dont know.

Alosnajdfs in Worthington, Minnesota

36 months ago

I'm attending the International Air and Hospitality Academy, but I decided that right after I'm going to MHCC for Hospitality and Tourism Management. Interviewers do prefer applicants with at least a 2-year degree. The more experience the better.

SenpaiLyn in Kirkland, Washington

35 months ago

So you say school is a waste so do I just apply at the airline and then they see if I'm fit for the job??

cowdogup_91@yahoo.com in Saint Ignatius, Montana

28 months ago

I really understand what you are saying here. I am Interested in a change. I have been a 911 Dispatcher for 6 years, Devorced for 3 and need to get out of Montana and make a change. I have been looking at the schools and would like to go forward with Flight Attendant school. Please E-Mail me so we can talk further. I would appriciate it. Thank you

Bobbi J
cowdogup_91@yahoo.com

Lena in Seattle, Washington

27 months ago

vancouver, wa in Portland, Oregon said: I went to the Air Academy stright out of hight school, I thought this was a great idea at the time, but unfortunatly it wasn't. I was 18 at the time and if you research most of the airlines now require that you be 21, so here I am 20 one more year to go!!! i sugguest that you research are you willing to relocate, work for a smaller company, wait, do you have customer service experience?? One of my best friends also had this same issue, now we are both going to college, I sincerally think that I would have been better off going to college and not waisting time!!

Anyone willing to dedicated time and energy always benefits from any sort of education even if it's "outdated". Obviously, you did not, because at 20 years of age you should be able to spell and use basic grammar. Please, do not waste your time by writing useless comments. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nessa sem in South Bend, Indiana

23 months ago

this school which i wanna go, could you pls give me some detail and information :) thanks

sole in Stony Point, New York

23 months ago

hey, I used to be a flight attendant. The airline has to train you. They do not give preferential treatment to people who went to these types of schools. Apply directly to the airline. If you want an edge get some customer service experience and second language is a big plus. I think you would learn more from reading the posts on these forums than from going to a school like this. Its a scam.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.