Grooming/Hair Length Standards?

Comments (4)

Kellie in Glenwood, Illinois

87 months ago

I just received an e-mail from NWA to begin my background check so they can schedule my interview. They also sent an e-mail concerning the requirements of an FA. In one part it stated that "image standards for hair length and style....."

What does that mean? How long can my hair be? Am I going to have to cut it? I REALLY want to pass this interview so someone please tell me what style to wear long, straight hair with bangs to an interview. Thanks.

Cat in Mission Viejo, California

87 months ago

Kellie in Glenwood, Illinois said: I just received an e-mail from NWA to begin my background check so they can schedule my interview. They also sent an e-mail concerning the requirements of an FA. In one part it stated that "image standards for hair length and style....."

What does that mean? How long can my hair be? Am I going to have to cut it? I REALLY want to pass this interview so someone please tell me what style to wear long, straight hair with bangs to an interview. Thanks.

Kellie...see if you can find a NW F/A to tell you what their uniform standards are and try to follow them as much as possible for the interview. I work for a major carrier and ours start with hair not falling forward when you look down...but are more particular about pony tail lengths. You can put it in a pony tail at our airline, but if the pony tail is a certain length, then your hair has to be styled up. (sorry, not exactly sure on what the length is, I have longish hair so I always just wear mine up to avoid any issues) Anyways, see, if you can find any sites for Northwest F/A's and I am sure they will be happy to answer your question ( I would not get your hair cut yet ! ) : )

lola in West Bloomfield, Michigan

87 months ago

Kellie in Glenwood, Illinois said: I just received an e-mail from NWA to begin my background check so they can schedule my interview. They also sent an e-mail concerning the requirements of an FA. In one part it stated that "image standards for hair length and style....."

hi-- make sure that your hair is out of your face and that your bangs are above the eyebrows (i know.. short, but if not that short, curl them of pin them back) As long as your hair is neat and "professional" you will be fine. Unless it is blue. Try for natural colors.
Good Luck

cicerosum in California

87 months ago

Depends on how long it is. If you're talking Crystal Gayle long, you need to cut it. That's not practical for FA. If it's long, I would suggest a really tight bun, parted to the side, bangs swept casually to the side. Don't let them see that your hair is really long (like waist length) if you don't want to cut it. That is not really a "business image" unfortunately. I have seen FA's wear their hair that long once they've gone thru training though!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.