Hair styles

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Kyla in Orlando, Florida

52 months ago

I know most if not all airlines require hair to be above the shoulders. How do most of you style your hair to achieve this? Short cut, bun, etc?

Last interview I did, I had mine up in a bun. But it's really difficult as I have really thick hair. It made my face look very harsh. I really don't want to cut my hair shorter than my shoulders, I just can't think of an easy way to manage it.

Thanks for any tips you experienced people have!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MeinaNutshell in Richmond Hill, New York

52 months ago

I don't know where people get this cutting hair and wearing buns stuff from. When I was on the line I'd simply take my hair and twist it up, or wear a french roll. There was no way I could sit in the jumpseat comfortably with a bun unless it was smoothed to one side. Sometimes I'd wear my hair down (just to show off a fresh trim) and then put it up right before I started my announcements. It's serious but not as dire as people make it sound. Once you see your hair get caught in the jumpseat harness you'll find ways to put it away.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyla

52 months ago

Thanks! I'm just terrible with doing my hair. Ill have practice some of those.

52 months ago

I;m terrible too. I go get it done when I can afford it and then write it off on my taxes. As far as i'm concerned it qualifies as grooming for the job.

52 months ago

Fly Them Skies in Spring, Texas said: Uh, no.

You cannot write off salon visits. Do you also write off bars of soap? I mean, c'mon.

Yes you can. And I did. I can't cut my own hair so....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kamfunhouse in Southaven, Mississippi

51 months ago

Can you wear your hair in braids?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.