Hawaiian Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 3616)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

70417 in Aiea, Hawaii

51 months ago

Passed the group interview! Next interview is tomorrow 4/13 or 4/14!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Wailuku, Hawaii

51 months ago

70417 in Aiea, Hawaii said: Passed the group interview! Next interview is tomorrow 4/13 or 4/14!

i passed and lets see what happens. good luck 70417 and everyone else who are going to the second round!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

congrats, 70417 and jojo!
I passed the interview too. thanks god and everyone.

Dom in Chula Vista, California

51 months ago

What kind of time slots can you choose from?

herenui in Waipahu, Hawaii

51 months ago

I got April 13 or 14 at 5pm, 6pm, or 7pm either day.

Oh, I'm so nervous!

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

herenui in Waipahu, Hawaii said: I got April 13 or 14 at 5pm, 6pm, or 7pm either day.

Oh, I'm so nervous!

me2

51 months ago

Why will it be another group interview, anyone know?

Gator954 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

51 months ago

Guy Who Wants To Fly in Phoenix, Arizona said: Don't know why they would care if you
were overqualfied you get paid the same
as everyone else anyways ? I've found
out there are many folks who do it as
a career change. <I really want it to
be my 1st, just graduating from college>
Early 40's is nothing compared to the
Delta FAs on this flight I'm on..<looks
like none of them are less than 60>
I better stop writing before she boots
me off the plane. Talk to you later.

How'd it go bro?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Did anyone who does not live in Hawaii already get invited to the second interview?

jojo in Wailuku, Hawaii

51 months ago

Gator954 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Did anyone who does not live in Hawaii already get invited to the second interview?

yes me! i live in nyc and i am here on vacation at the same time i have a second interview. i do not know why it says i am in hawaii other than i am logging in from this state.

jojo in Wailuku, Hawaii

51 months ago

Dom in Chula Vista, California said: Why will it be another group interview, anyone know?

no dom....it will be a panel of 3 and you.

51 months ago

Cool....let me know how it goes and good luck....do you speak another language?

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

jojo in Wailuku, Hawaii said: no dom....it will be a panel of 3 and you.

I thought so but the last email said "Group interviews will take place at .........."

51 months ago

Whoever goes today update us on how it turned out!

flyhilo in West New York, New Jersey

51 months ago

this is a big joke! i was stucked in LAS on the 12th when they emailed me for the 13th/14th 2nd interview. I spend too much already going there and going back there for the 2nd time would be a huge mistake, not to mention another 3rd interview. If they say they want to be NO 1 airline, they should be considerate to their applicants. Its like a scam, we have to pay first then found out we have to shell out more money and get no guarantee. obviously this is only for the natives from the island and people who have the time, money and logic to take it (just being sarcastic) they're treating applicants like crap. Other airlines, give u positive seat to fly on their interview, give u at least daily allowance and pay for ur accommodation, they're not even NO.1 but surely they are more considerate and have empathy. Goodluck to u guys! whoever make it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aloha73g in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

flyhilo in West New York, New Jersey said: this is a big joke! i was stucked in LAS on the 12th when they emailed me for the 13th/14th 2nd interview. I spend too much already going there and going back there for the 2nd time would be a huge mistake, not to mention another 3rd interview. If they say they want to be NO 1 airline, they should be considerate to their applicants. Its like a scam, we have to pay first then found out we have to shell out more money and get no guarantee. obviously this is only for the natives from the island and people who have the time, money and logic to take it (just being sarcastic) they're treating applicants like crap. Other airlines, give u positive seat to fly on their interview, give u at least daily allowance and pay for ur accommodation, they're not even NO.1 but surely they are more considerate and have empathy. Goodluck to u guys! whoever make it!

It is important to realise that Hawaiian is quite different from other airlines (Southwest, Delta, United, Air Tran, JetBlue) who have nationwide networks and multiple crew bases. As a side note, I don't think Southwest, JetBlue or Air Tran would fly me from Hawai'i to their interviews, and I wouldn't expect them to.

HA only serves a few mainland cities and it would be prohibitively expensive for them to fly people in to HNL from all over the country plus they have little incentive to do that for a few reasons:

1. HA essentially has 1 base for new hires (HNL) which is 2,500 miles away from the rest of the country, and impossible to commute to when on reserve.
2. HNL is very expensive to live in or move to.
3. There are 1 million people in Hawai'i, many of whom need jobs, including over 400 former Aloha F/As who I would guess are going to be the majority of HA new hires for the next few years.

Until the supply of well qualified applicants in Hawai'i dries up, HA will nto be providing transportation to HNL for interviews.

-Aloha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Airbus330 in Chicago, Illinois

51 months ago

Aloha73g in Honolulu, Hawaii said: It is important to realise that Hawaiian is quite different from other airlines (Southwest, Delta, United, Air Tran, JetBlue) who have nationwide networks and multiple crew bases. As a side note, I don't think Southwest, JetBlue or Air Tran would fly me from Hawai'i to their interviews, and I wouldn't expect them to.

HA only serves a few mainland cities and it would be prohibitively expensive for them to fly people in to HNL from all over the country plus they have little incentive to do that for a few reasons:

1. HA essentially has 1 base for new hires (HNL) which is 2,500 miles away from the rest of the country, and impossible to commute to when on reserve.
2. HNL is very expensive to live in or move to.
3. There are 1 million people in Hawai'i, many of whom need jobs, including over 400 former Aloha F/As who I would guess are going to be the majority of HA new hires for the next few years.

Until the supply of well qualified applicants in Hawai'i dries up, HA will nto be providing transportation to HNL for interviews.

-Aloha!

SWA. JB. DL. UAL. Airtran CO . will fly you to the interviews sorry

Aloha73g in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

Airbus330 in Chicago, Illinois said: SWA. JB. DL. UAL. Airtran CO . will fly you to the interviews sorry

Will JetBlue, AirTran and Southwest buy me last minute $1,000 tickets on another airline to fly from HAWAII (which they don't serve) to their hub for interviews?? The answer is no, they all told me that I would ahve to get myself to a city they serve.

I know United, Delta and Continental, etc will fly people to their hub for interviews, but they are nationwide with multiple hubs and crew bases, HA is not.

When HA hired for their LA base in the late 1990s they held the interviews in LA. Airlines are under no obligation to make it easy for you to get a job, and like I said before, they have more than enough qualified applicants in Hawaii.

-Aloha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Wailuku, Hawaii

51 months ago

Airbus330 in Chicago, Illinois said: SWA. JB. DL. UAL. Airtran CO . will fly you to the interviews sorry

if the major airlines did what HA does then they would only have locals from their major base SWA would be people living in DFW area, JB would be the NY area...etc. Lucky those airlines have bases around the country and that is why they fly you to the interviews and put you up during training. Now if you want to fly for most charters like Omni Air and Ryan International then they only hire where there is a base because your physical address has to be within 2hours of that particular airport. how do i know this? it is because i applied with them before and i did not want to relocate, at my expense to those cities where they wanted us to be.

jojo in Wailuku, Hawaii

51 months ago

Gator954 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Cool....let me know how it goes and good luck....do you speak another language?

no i do not speak another language. i am a 35yr old male born and raised in ny (with a degree in cuinary arts and still a chef at a major hotel in manhatten) just making my dreams come true and am willing to make it happen no matter what the cost. i am willing to take my chance to make my dream come true.

flyhilo in West New York, New Jersey

51 months ago

I've heard from HA fa's last time they hired was 2 yrs ago. Most of them are in their 50's already. They bought new planes so they need more FAs. They only have 2 bases, LAX and HNL. LAX is only mainly for seniors so most of them are based in HNL. So, u have to be natives from the island or reside there for good which is really REALLY expensive. Whether you're qualified or not, as long as u can pay for it, u can work there. Most applicants came from mainland so sorry for us! but the good news, there are other airlines hiring: skywest, air wisconsin, i've heard jetblue is hiring soon! let the hunt begins!

mahalo!

51 months ago

Good luck to those interviewing today. Let us know how it went.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl in Stockton, California

51 months ago

For the people who interviewed today please let us know when they are planning on holding the third interview.. I'm trying to plan my return home..Good luck everyone!

jojo in Wailuku, Hawaii

51 months ago

HPN in Port Chester, New York said: I admire the fact that you would take a huge pay cut to fly. A Chef in Manhattan makes pretty good money, especially if he's American.

yes it is a huge pay cut but money isn't everything in life. a dream and to be happy would be happy than all the money in the world and miserable. yes i am american...aren't the people in hawaii american too? if you mean caucasian....yes i am.

jojo in Wailuku, Hawaii

51 months ago

i meant that i would rather be happy and no money than all the money in the world being miserable....sorry.

51 months ago

I just checked out Aer Lingus's website...they weren't hiring per their website. But, I guess they were recently?

I saw some cheap places on craigslist in HNL where you don't have to get a crashpad but a real place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

Gator954 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I just checked out Aer Lingus's website...they weren't hiring per their website. But, I guess they were recently?

I saw some cheap places on craigslist in HNL where you don't have to get a crashpad but a real place.

Don't have to worry, it's possible to survive somehow somewhere in HNL! My budget of food was $1000/m but it's $200/m for two ppl since last year! I really want to get this job for HA after I met some great HA's HRs.
My interview will be today.................anybody?

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

I've received a bad news email already..............I could tell how I was bad today...
Please everyone do the best that I couldn't do. mahalo!!

51 months ago

It sounds like I got the same email. I got two emails a little after 4:00 a.m. (EST)...so a little after 10:00 p.m. (HNL time)...the first one invited me to the next round of interviews and to select a date and time (when I attempted to do that, it was closed to me)...then, a few minutes later, I got an email stating it was a pleasure meeting me in person and the decision was difficult, etc. (sounds like the email you got). The first email was "system driven" and the second one was not (and the second one was the one where it was nice to meet me). I also did not attend because it was clear that all things being equal (and the job hurdle for FAs being so low in the education department), someone with already existing Hawaii roots would be selected (very very few people with no already existing Hawaiian roots are selected historically).

Babye in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

HPN in Port Chester, New York said: Another email came saying I was not selected, when in fact I never went to the interview. They keep sending emails to just anyone. Can you imagine if they send someone the wrong email? Strange. I'm just happy I saved thousands of dollars in not going.

i didnt make it pass round 2. I was a fa for 15 yrs. Ha would be a good airline to fly for. They do need to revamp their interview process!!! People came from the mainland. You cant expect people to hang around while you figure out how this is going to work. Missing work hotel and travel cost and now you say 4 interviews and they are not all back to back?good luck to the people left! Fly safe

51 months ago

Wow...now four interviews instead of 3!? Hilarious...sounds like the process for becoming a judge!...surprised you were not selected...you have experience, you live in Hawaii....did you fly for another airline in Hawaii (it sounds like their ideal candidate would have been a former Aloha Airlines FA)?

51 months ago

I live in calif but all my family lives here. I thought the secind interview went well but you never know what they are looking for. I flew for ual.4 interviews is out of line! Do their pilots jump through that many hoops?

70417 in Aiea, Hawaii

51 months ago

anyone got the email for the 3rd interview?

51 months ago

I think the current C.A. label was the issue. All things being equal, they have made it abundantly clear they prefer current, existing addresses in Hawaii. One can hardly blame them I guess.

51 months ago

I live in California, I did the second group interview yesterday evening, took the red eye back to California, and got back 2 hours ago from Hawaii. The moment I stepped off the plane, I checked my email, I got an invite to do the panel interview!!!!! So stoked. So I'm gonna take a quick nap and fly back to Honolulu this evening in time for my panel tomorrow afternoon.

70417 in Aiea, Hawaii

51 months ago

I got the panel interview too, but lucky me I live 10 minutes from HNL. Good luck! We're getting really close!

51 months ago

I dont think living in ca was the issue they just didnt see a match with me at their airline. I wish you guys great luck at number 3!

51 months ago

Wow...I smell buddy tickets or current FA status! :) best of luck!

bluesky in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

51 months ago

Hi all, I got an email saying I was not chosen for the third interview and then one after it saying I was. Confused. Did anyone else receive a rejection and then an apparent invitation? Did your acceptance e-mail give you a time or did you have to click on link? Mine said to click and then wasn't available. I did have my 2nd interview yesterday.

70417 in Aiea, Hawaii

51 months ago

bluesky in Kailua Kona, Hawaii said: Hi all, I got an email saying I was not chosen for the third interview and then one after it saying I was. Confused. Did anyone else receive a rejection and then an apparent invitation? Did your acceptance e-mail give you a time or did you have to click on link? Mine said to click and then wasn't available. I did have my 2nd interview yesterday.

Bluesky: My acceptance letter/ email was Subject: Hawaiian Airlines- Congratulations!

Then HR system sent me 5 emails with separate links to schedule the Panel Interview. I hope that helps!

Dom in San Diego, California

51 months ago

Good luck 70417. As the email said, WE ARE SO CLOSE! To those that were asking, yes, I'm currently a flight attendant so that's making a HUUUUGE difference versus paying for a full fare ticket. Hoping and praying I'll make it all the way to training. Good luck to everyone else.

FurloughedFA in Portland, Oregon

51 months ago

Dom in San Diego, California said: Good luck 70417. As the email said, WE ARE SO CLOSE! To those that were asking, yes, I'm currently a flight attendant so that's making a HUUUUGE difference versus paying for a full fare ticket. Hoping and praying I'll make it all the way to training. Good luck to everyone else.

Dom-

Take a leave from your airline if you can so you don't have to quit. I quit an airline after 2 years to go fly for one of the big guys where I was let go on probation getting a check-in time mixed up. I'm now back at the airline I quit from but with way less seniority/pay and am currently furloughed. I'd have over 6 years if I had stayed. Just something to think about. From a former HA F/A I spoke with, it sounds like Hawaiian's probation can be pretty tough to pass.

josie1985 in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

I think something is wrong with their system. My friend got an email saying that she was chosen, but when she called to confirm, to her dismay, they told her that the email was sent to her by mistake....OUCH!

70417 in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

So so close Dom, have a good flight and hopefully we're classmates!

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

josie1985 in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I think something is wrong with their system. My friend got an email saying that she was chosen, but when she called to confirm, to her dismay, they told her that the email was sent to her by mistake....OUCH!

I'm sorry for your friend. My friend didn't get any email yet. What's going on HA?!

51 months ago

Yupper....wrongly sent emails...the one to the Canadian was especially not kosher...she had on her application she did not have the right to work in the USA!...scary indeed.

judith in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

51 months ago

I dont know if anyone else thought this but it seems like I had really good answers, relevant experience but not the "right look" and didn't get picked for the panel interview, it seems a little like reverse discrimination if you ask me, how do they get away with that?

Babye in Clovis, California

51 months ago

judith in Kailua Kona, Hawaii said: I dont know if anyone else thought this but it seems like I had really good answers, relevant experience but not the "right look" and didn't get picked for the panel interview, it seems a little like reverse discrimination if you ask me, how do they get away with that?

i had the whole package... Looks former fa i thought good answers and i was not invited to the 3rd interview.Not sure what they are looling for. I only speak english.

josie085 in M C B H Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

51 months ago

oh trust hawaiian air has the worst service ever! from the check in agents to their flight attendants. The problem is they care so much for their rank in safety and time but neglect the quality of their service. I have to fly with them since they are the only ones that fly to my country and they monopolize on the route by charging us $1200 roundtrip for a five hour flight and then their flight attendants are very cold. I'm thinking okay if we are paying that much for a plane ticket, they should be kissing the ground we walk on and make our money worth it.

judith in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

51 months ago

There were only 6 caucasion people in the entire 90 people I saw on the second interview, I wonder if any of them got picked, I'm not saying they only hire a certain "look" but it seemed obvious they cared more about the "look" than experience and knowledge, and you are right josie the flight attendants on Hawaiian can be very cold and a little arrogant acting, it seems that Hawaiian needs to represent the melting pot that it is. I was really glad however to see so many guys- that is great!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.