Hawaiian Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 4203)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

josie085 in M C B H Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

77 months ago

you would think that when they emerged from bankruptcy that they would become better. But the company is probably one of the worst to work for. I mean none of their employees can give a sincere smile. A clear reflection of the working conditions. When I enter their aircraft I dont get a sense of hawaii and its culture at all. I just get greeted with broken records of "aloha" and forced smiles. Thats what happens when you are too picky with the hiring process, you get experience with zero personality and zero passion for customer service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

judith in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

77 months ago

I agree! I have seen a couple of friendly fa's on hawaiian (although they were the men) but for the most part very artificial and and not at all friendly, I am convinced they (Haw Air) are so busy trying to find the "look" they don't see the person. Wise up Hawaiian Airlines!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kai in San Diego, California

77 months ago

The language thing they ignore that aswel. Most in my group don't have second languaege. They forgot they open in Manila most of them speak Tagalog. I answer well and show them I speak Tagalog. I didn't make it through 2nd phase. I heard last time they hire people but have to go through again with this interview and some didn't train immediately.

aloha73g in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

I was hired by Hawaiian in 2006. I'm "white." About 20% of my training class was "white."

I worked numerous interisland trips with "all-white" crews.

I worked mainland flights with 6 out of 8 F/As were "white."

I worked a flight to Sydney with 5 out of 9 F/As were "white."

Hawaiian has LOTS of "white" F/As. I could look at the seniority list and count, but that would probably be a waste of my time.

If you didn't get hired, just try again next time. It took me 2 tries to get the job offer, and I know others who applied 5 or 6 times before making it through.

F/A jobs are hard to get!! There are literally thousands of people applying for a few spots, 99% of those who apply don't get hired. Don't take it personally if you didn't make it. I can honestly tell you it has NOTHING to do with your age, race, gender or "look" (unless you looked unprofessional).

-Aloha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Well I appreciate that encouragement and insight, no I looked professional, I guess just wasn't what they wanted. It is discouraging because it does appear that way, but I will take your words to heart and appreciate the comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

But.....as an addition to my comment, I have flown on HA for 25 years and can honestly say I rarely see "white" flight attendants, maybe twice, so I don't know where they all are, but those figures do surprise me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

aloha73g in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

I'd say about half of the 80 based in LAX are white so you're definitely more likely to encounter them on Flights 1 & 2 (LAX-HNL-LAX) and 11 & 12 (SFO-HNL-SFO) as those flights are currently worked by the LAX base. Interisland and other mainland flights are just pure randomness.

-ALoha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

- judith
- Babye

Did you call HA just in case? I can't trust that HA's email system.
To me, I was bad bad bad at 2nd interview and I was not comfortable with the HRs at 2nd round.(1st team was great) so I'm sure why I couldn't get a congrats email but I worry if someone got a wrong email.

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Kai in San Diego, California said: The language thing they ignore that aswel. Most in my group don't have second languaege. They forgot they open in Manila most of them speak Tagalog. I answer well and show them I speak Tagalog. I didn't make it through 2nd phase. I heard last time they hire people but have to go through again with this interview and some didn't train immediately.

I was wondering that part too! One of my friend who is a local Japanese speaks both english and Japanese fluently but she couldn't make it. My other speaks English and Korean but she couldn't go to the panel interview. They will fly to japan soon.....

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Well, I coludn't do my best but it was a great experience. Actually it was my first interview in US. I'll apply again!

Pls let us know how was 3rd round!!

77 months ago

I had a great time aswell, I already accepted that its not for me. But I won't stop here I will keep on trying . But I could have been a great FA for HA because im a gEnuine person. I'm really happy for those who will make it. Treasure every moment just like I would.

Hellboy in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Got my 3rd one yesterday. I heard that they only emailed 150 applicants. Still waiting for the email If I'm moving on to the last interview.

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Hellboy in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Got my 3rd one yesterday. I heard that they only emailed 150 applicants. Still waiting for the email If I'm moving on to the last interview.

Wow! 150? I'm wondering how many people going to get the last interview??
I thought they need about 100 FAs.

Anxious in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Hellboy,

I just finished my third one today too. They said they're gonna try and have the final interviews on Monday. I hope they send us an email soon, flying back to California tonight.

herenui in Waipahu, Hawaii

77 months ago

I'd imagine HA is concerned about training 100 individuals, many of whom are qualified mainlanders, who might end up dropping out because of financial constraints (it IS six weeks long!). I'm definitely not saying that that's a great reason, but as an employer, I'm sure they are aware of that risk and hiring accordingly.

Anyhow, I'm surprised that only 150 made it to phase III (panel interview, three-on-one). I was told phase IV will be with the VP and in-flight director. That's intimidating! I wonder how many people they'll call back for the last phase. Good luck to those still in the running!

More Anxious in Aiea, Hawaii

77 months ago

Hello all! I had my 3rd interview today. I think they have a little over 150 doing the 3rd interview. With 4 panels, each panel interviewed about 40 individuals. If they hire 100 each panel must select 25 out of their 40. I'm really hoping that I get a positive email about moving on to the next and final interview! It will really be a dream come true to fly for Hawaiian Air!

Sucks to be me in Aiea, Hawaii

77 months ago

Didn't make it through the 3rd interview. :(

Gator954

77 months ago

A lot of people who claim "second language" have not mastered English. A mastery of English is more important than a mastery of a second language and not a mastery of English. (A lot of second language people are not second language people--their first language is their second language and English is their second language).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Guy Who Wants To Fly in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

Gator954 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: How'd it go bro?

Gator man you should've came..Hawaii & Hawaiian Air
are the bomb ! The staff is awsome I'm very happy I
came to give it a try. Had my 3rd one, 1 more interview
left to go I'm very hopeful. We all should know they
said latest by this Tuesday. Spending alotta dough but
well worth the vacation if I get anything out of this.
Loving this weather, tanning & swimming. I'm trying the
hardest I can, I'm working it. So, so far, it's going
as well as possible I don't want to jinks it..so close

Guy Who Wants To Fly in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

My stats: white guy with no other languages
just English and no FA background. Doing
well so far..

77 months ago

Gator954 said: A lot of people who claim "second language" have not mastered English. A mastery of English is more important than a mastery of a second language and not a mastery of English. (A lot of second language people are not second language people--their first language is their second language and English is their second language).

true..but there are a lot of people that claims it..there born here or they grow up here, they speak there native language in there home that Is why there able to speak both well..

northshore in Mililani, Hawaii

77 months ago

HPN in Port Chester, New York said: What "look" are they looking for? Is it "hawaiian"? or polynesian? It seems all three rounds took place within a week. I could see myself renting a hotel for two weeks, then not being able to get a refund on the unused portion, when I find out I'm not invited to other rounds. It seems like one needs deep pockets to apply to this airline. BTW, a discrimination lawsuit would be hard to prove in court. The big companies always win out because they can afford good lawyers. ALSO, I don't trust the A330 since that Air France crash last year. I hope HA has modified the a/c so it won't misread speed.

thousands of A330's flying today. Great plane and no airline can "modify" a plane

jojo in Wailuku, Hawaii

77 months ago

Guy Who Wants To Fly in Phoenix, Arizona said: Gator man you should've came..Hawaii & Hawaiian Air
are the bomb ! The staff is awsome I'm very happy I
came to give it a try. Had my 3rd one, 1 more interview
left to go I'm very hopeful. We all should know they
said latest by this Tuesday. Spending alotta dough but
well worth the vacation if I get anything out of this.
Loving this weather, tanning & swimming. I'm trying the
hardest I can, I'm working it. So, so far, it's going
as well as possible I don't want to jinks it..so close

Good luck! I hope you get it. i didn't make it to the 3rd round but i made it a vaction till the 25th so now i don't loose my money. i am happy to of had the experience pluse i already have a job. i won't let my dreams go away and I WILL REAPPLY again when the oppurtunity comes. and NO, NO, NO, people...i do not think that HA is discriminating. i never felt that way nor do i feel that they discriminated anyone. i saw sooooooooooooo many ethnicities working from on the ground to in the air. i bought my tickets on HA just so i can learn about them. come on people.....stop being so negative!!!

Aloha and good luck to those who are trying to make their dreams come true and never give up!

Anxious in Chula Vista, California

77 months ago

Got back from Honolulu again this morning, low and behold I check my email and I got the invite for the final interview. I'm so excited!! I have mine in a couple of days. STILL hoping and praying I'll make it all the way through.

Gator954

77 months ago

I AM THRILLED FOR YOU! :)....keeping fingers crossed for you bro! I think my age wouldn't have helped me...early 40s....you are young bro! :)

Gator954

77 months ago

That's my bro! :)...and no in-house recommendation?!

Gator954

77 months ago

They do NOT discriminate....as I stated previously, they are affirmative action company...thus, their quotas are reached by many pilots that are white males...they are A-OK! :)...my old posts go into detail on this issue. I just felt like my chances were so low as I live on the mainland....I am soooo rooting for my bro in Phoenix...Ahhh....I had the money to buy a tiny studio and surf and be my dream job---Hawaiian FA!

Journey in Orlando, Florida

77 months ago

I was gonna go to Hawaii for the interview process I was accepted for. Instead I got hire by AirTran. I almost reluctlantly took the job. One day I will work for Hawaiian. This job is the greatest experience that any free spirit can ever achieve. If this is your dream just keep going. I will apply for Hawaiian again when the time is right. To those of you that have the dream, keep dreaming.

70417 in Aiea, Hawaii

77 months ago

Anxious in Chula Vista, California said: Got back from Honolulu again this morning, low and behold I check my email and I got the invite for the final interview. I'm so excited!! I have mine in a couple of days. STILL hoping and praying I'll make it all the way through.

Congrats to you. I'm just wondering was your panel taking notes when they were asking you questions and did they have your Resume in front of them? My panel, didn't have one paper in front of them...none. I went in the afternoon on Friday and to me it felt like they already had their choices. I thought I did good in the panel, but didn't make it to the next round. Thanks,

hellboy28 in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Anxious in Chula Vista, California said: Got back from Honolulu again this morning, low and behold I check my email and I got the invite for the final interview. I'm so excited!! I have mine in a couple of days. STILL hoping and praying I'll make it all the way through.

I got mine last night... There's 80 of us left

77 months ago

70417, they did have my resume in front of them, they asked me a couple questions about my employment history. Hey hellboy28, congrats on the email too and getting this far. Do you have a personal email?

70417 in Aiea, Hawaii

77 months ago

Anxious in Chula Vista, California said: 70417, they did have my resume in front of them, they asked me a couple questions about my employment history. Hey hellboy28, congrats on the email too and getting this far. Do you have a personal email?

Thanks, It was so odd to me that they had NOTHING in front of them. Good luck to you. I made it to the top 5% of applicants, but still wasn't enough.

josie1985 in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

I was devastated when i didnt receive word from hawaiian...but then i received a call that i got hired at prada, and the storm was over...i guess it was meant to be...good luck to everyone who is still in the game.

77 months ago

When one door closes, another one opens Josie. I hope you'll reapply next time around when they hire again.

josie1985 in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Thats true...and so im very happy...and i will surely apply again...good luck to you

herenui in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Got the email last night saying I didn't make it to phase IV. I'm pretty disappointed! During the panel interview, they didn't have my resume nor did they take any notes. I guess next time I'll be more prepared. I thought they were asking some pretty difficult questions! Not just answers you could easily rattle off... I really didn't know what to expect, it being my first time even applying for an FA position. Good luck to all those scheduled to interview!!!

77 months ago

herenui in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Got the email last night saying I didn't make it to phase IV. I'm pretty disappointed! During the panel interview, they didn't have my resume nor did they take any notes. I guess next time I'll be more prepared. I thought they were asking some pretty difficult questions! Not just answers you could easily rattle off... I really didn't know what to expect, it being my first time even applying for an FA position. Good luck to all those scheduled to interview!!!

Herenui, the same thing happened to me..They didn't take any notes and they didn't have my Resume! And I didn't get phase IV. Did you go Thurs or Friday? I went Friday afternoon.

herenui in Waipahu, Hawaii

77 months ago

I also went Friday. When I entered the site to sign up for an interview time, Friday was all there was left.

By difficult, I mean questions that you should really be given time to put thought into. Also, I wasn't sure if they were expecting a certain kind of answer or a truthful one sometimes too. For example, how can you honestly answer "What do you see yourself doing five years from now?" if you've got no experience as an FA? Do they want to hear "FA" right off the bat, or an honest answer explaining that it depends on my happiness with the job? Perhaps next time I'll try the more affected answers-- maybe I'll have a better chance at getting hired!

77 months ago

herenui in Waipahu, Hawaii said: I also went Friday. When I entered the site to sign up for an interview time, Friday was all there was left.

By difficult, I mean questions that you should really be given time to put thought into. Also, I wasn't sure if they were expecting a certain kind of answer or a truthful one sometimes too. For example, how can you honestly answer "What do you see yourself doing five years from now?" if you've got no experience as an FA? Do they want to hear "FA" right off the bat, or an honest answer explaining that it depends on my happiness with the job? Perhaps next time I'll try the more affected answers-- maybe I'll have a better chance at getting hired!

Hey Herenui, you have an email? I would love to trade notes with you. Maybe we work together for the next time the hire..

77 months ago

herenui in Waipahu, Hawaii said: I also went Friday. When I entered the site to sign up for an interview time, Friday was all there was left.

Hey Herenui, I found your user name on twitter....follow me Hawaii808sun. Let's share notes! I'm salty that we made it to top 150 out of 2400. So close!

Hawaiialoha in Mililani, Hawaii

77 months ago

Hey Hawaii808sun and Herenui..I had my 3 interview on Thursday afternoon, they took notes and had my resume but I didn't make the last interview...It's my dream job and I was soooo sad ..
We were so close...We should help each other for the next interview...and congrats to those of you still in there, it's huge!!!

77 months ago

Hawaiialoha in Mililani, Hawaii said: Hey Hawaii808sun and Herenui..I had my 3 interview on Thursday afternoon, they took notes and had my resume but I didn't make the last interview...It's my dream job and I was soooo sad ..
We were so close...We should help each other for the next interview...and congrats to those of you still in there, it's huge!!!

Hey, Hawaiialoha, yes we should help each other! you on FB or Twitter? Or email? I'm really sad too that we got so close and didn't make it. I would love to hear your story and share notes too.

77 months ago

Yes contact me at hawaiianmp@gmail.com and lets share stories

Hellboy28 in Clovis, California

77 months ago

Anxious in Chula Vista, California said: 70417, they did have my resume in front of them, they asked me a couple questions about my employment history. Hey hellboy28, congrats on the email too and getting this far. Do you have a personal email?

u can contact me at gbuiser808@aol.com
goodluck!!

Anxious in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Hey Hellboy, just sent you an email. Final interview tomorrow! Wish me luck everyone!

77 months ago

Good luck for tomorrow guys, you are going to do great!!!
Wish I was in the 4 interview...

good luck

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

Final interview!! Good luck!!!

sukiyaki in Ageo, Japan

77 months ago

The future is yours. keep trying!

70417 in Aiea, Hawaii

77 months ago

Hey everyone going on the 4th interview. Congrats! Can you please report to us if it was an actual interview or more of a welcome to the company thing. I'm guessing the latter and I'm disappointed that I was cut after the 3rd round. A report would be great! Hopefully you will be my senior FA in the future! Thanks!

hellboy28 in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

70417 in Aiea, Hawaii said: Hey everyone going on the 4th interview. Congrats! Can you please report to us if it was an actual interview or more of a welcome to the company thing. I'm guessing the latter and I'm disappointed that I was cut after the 3rd round. A report would be great! Hopefully you will be my senior FA in the future! Thanks!

I hope it's a welcome thing. I was asked 2 questions and it lasted for 15 minutes. I'm really nervous since it's the 4th and final. If I don't get It atleast I had fun with the interview process. I met a lot of great people and that's priceless!!

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.