Hawaiian Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3551 to 3600 of 4091)
Page:  « First « Previous   69  70  71  72  73  74  75  Next »   Last »

minarina in Washington

35 months ago

Does anyone know if they are having another training class after April or 4/1 is the last one for now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

daimajin in Honolulu, Hawaii

35 months ago

minarina in Washington said: Does anyone know if they are having another training class after April or 4/1 is the last one for now?

there's one after April. I am in the next one,but heard that class is pretty small though

minarina in Washington

35 months ago

daimajin in Honolulu, Hawaii said: there's one after April. I am in the next one,but heard that class is pretty small though

Ok thank you for the info!

yp808 in Honolulu, Hawaii

35 months ago

daimajin in Honolulu, Hawaii said: there's one after April. I am in the next one,but heard that class is pretty small though

We might be in the same one starting mid May. Do you know around how many will be in the class?

35 months ago

yp808 in Honolulu, Hawaii said: We might be in the same one starting mid May. Do you know around how many will be in the class?

Numbers-wise I don't know.I only heard from my friends that works for hawaiian that the class is smaller this time.

ERP907 in Anchorage, Alaska

35 months ago

WishfulThinking said: Hey, thanks for posting. The same thing happened to me, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Perhaps they were too close together and hawaiian just didnt advertise the waiting period? Did you use the same account to apply for both? I'm wondering if theyve flagged us and we need to create a new account for the next application.

Hello WishfulThinking :-)
I didn't create a new account. I actually didn't even think to do that. Might be a good idea. I didn't email HR after the fact asking whether or not there was a waiting period, but didn't receive a reply.
Who knows! I'm just keeping an eye on the website, and will try again this next time :-)

Jasminewithhorizon in Washington

34 months ago

Do you have to be bilingual to be a fa with Hawaiian?

34 months ago

Jasminewithhorizon in Washington said: Do you have to be bilingual to be a fa with Hawaiian?

not necessary,but it increase the chance that u can get in

minarina in Washington

34 months ago

daimajin in Honolulu, Hawaii said: not necessary,but it increase the chance that u can get in

Are they still hiring? I am a native Japanese speaker!!!

Vincent in Concord, California

34 months ago

daimajin in Honolulu, Hawaii said: not necessary,but it increase the chance that u can get in

What date is the May Class your in scheduled to start? Are they still interviewing for that class, and are you LOD? Thanks.

34 months ago

Vincent in Concord, California said: What date is the May Class your in scheduled to start? Are they still interviewing for that class, and are you LOD? Thanks.

May class star in mid may.They finish interviewing already though.

34 months ago

minarina in Washington said: Are they still hiring? I am a native Japanese speaker!!!

I don't think they are hiring now,but do check their website often!

minarina in Washington

34 months ago

daimajin in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I don't think they are hiring now,but do check their website often!

OK will do! Thank you!

surfgirl in Hawaii

34 months ago

Aloha! Anyone need a room in honolulu for a couple of month(or longer) from May? Apartment is in salt lake area and only 5 minutes to the HNL airport where the training class usually takes place. You'll be sharing a room in a 2bd room/1&1/2 bath condo with a woman who works at hospital. Rent is $950 + $100 for parking/Month. Pls email me if interested and I can send you a detailed info & pics. Thank you!

yp808 in Honolulu, Hawaii

34 months ago

daimajin in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Numbers-wise I don't know.I only heard from my friends that works for hawaiian that the class is smaller this time.

看來你對HA的FA工作滿了解的。方便連絡一下嗎?

34 months ago

yp808 in Honolulu, Hawaii said: 看來你對HA的FA工作滿了解的。方便連絡一下嗎?

you will find out more later on as soon as training starts ;p

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dream_believe_survive in Waipahu, Hawaii

34 months ago

I heard that Hawaiian will stop flying to Manila starting this coming :( so im guessing its gonna be lesser chance for tagalog/ilocano speakers like me to become FA.

Anna01 in Ewa Beach, Hawaii

33 months ago

Aloha! Did somebody got selected as a final candidate from the interviews held back in March 2013 to go to training but didnt get any specific date yet to start training??

I got selected, but I am wondering if I'm the only one who is still waiting to get a date to start?

Island Girl in Placentia, California

33 months ago

I'm in the same boat -- I heard that there may be a class in May, and another class sometime in Fall...I am waiting patiently, but I am super-excited to begin!

Insider in San Jose, California

33 months ago

Island Girl in Placentia, California said: I'm in the same boat -- I heard that there may be a class in May, and another class sometime in Fall...I am waiting patiently, but I am super-excited to begin!

Hi, The final training planned is May 13th. HA has no plans for training after that because they hired too many people. That doesn't mean they won't have more training but as of right now they have no plans for the rest of the year. They also have a waiting list of final candidates like yourself, it's pretty long.

33 months ago

Thanks for the info Insider -- Waiting is hard, but I know that it will be worth it in the end!

33 months ago

Ok!! Thanks Island Girl, now I feel a lil bit better knowing Im not the only one, hopefully we get the email for the next class!!!

And Insider, thanks for the info!!

frequentlyhappy

33 months ago

Has anyone on the waiting list make it into the may class? Do you all think that HR would be upset if someone was to inquire about the next training class?

33 months ago

I don't think it would hurt to ask...Could you let us know what you find out? Thank You!

33 months ago

Have anyone in the waiting list heard anything yet?

33 months ago

Not me... not yet ...still being patient! :(

Vincent in Martinez, California

33 months ago

Island Girl in Placentia, California said: Not me... not yet ...still being patient! :(

Did you get an email confirming you are on the wait list? Did any one call to find out about the next training class? I wonder how long the wait list is.

33 months ago

I heard there's no more training class until next year. The May class is starting on Monday.

Vincent in Martinez, California

33 months ago

Frequently happy said: Has anyone on the waiting list make it into the may class? Do you all think that HR would be upset if someone was to inquire about the next training class?

Did you ever inquire about the wait list for a class? I thought they said there would be a class in the fall. I am wondering if we remain on their waiting list for a class, or if it is a lost cause entirely.

33 months ago

Aloha All...I'm fairly certain that there will be a class closer to the end of the year -- That's what I was told... And if you are certain that you are on the "wait list" or "pool", then you should be good -- Of couse it it wouldn't hurt to double-check with HA HR --Things in this industry can always change...One thing I know for sure is that patience is a virtue in situations like these...That's why these kind of forums are so nice -- We can support each other through the process...Stay strong everyone, before you know it, we will be flying for the most amazing airline in the sky!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Vincent in Martinez, California said: Did you ever inquire about the wait list for a class? I thought they said there would be a class in the fall. I am wondering if we remain on their waiting list for a class, or if it is a lost cause entirely.

my advice will be ,do check their site often. and reapply when they have post again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jet guy in Galveston, Texas

32 months ago

Any update or info about hiring with them.

32 months ago

Jet guy in Galveston, Texas said: Any update or info about hiring with them.

i think at least towards the end of the year that they will hire again

Anna01 in Temecula, California

31 months ago

Hello all!

Has somebody heard anything about the next training? The class from May 13th. should have graduated already or going into graduation soon. They haven't open any flight attendant position since February, I know they said they don't have any training scheduled for the rest of the year, but it seems a bit unbelievable they wont have trainings until next year??? Specially when they just started two new flights to Taipei and Sendai??

Jet guy in Galveston, Texas

31 months ago

Anna01 in Temecula, California said: Hello all!

Has somebody heard anything about the next training? The class from May 13th. should have graduated already or going into graduation soon. They haven't open any flight attendant position since February, I know they said they don't have any training scheduled for the rest of the year, but it seems a bit unbelievable they wont have trainings until next year??? Specially when they just started two new flights to Taipei and Sendai??

Good question. I have been watching there site and nothing. Someone from snore thread said later in the year

31 months ago

They have enough people at the moment for that route....probably until Jan they will start hiring again.....and let people start application around late October.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

30 months ago

Is October still the next eta for Hawaiian hiring FA's? I really want to apply there as well. I've heard nothing but good things about Hawaiian.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KOA in Kamuela, Hawaii

29 months ago

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Is October still the next eta for Hawaiian hiring FA's? I really want to apply there as well. I've heard nothing but good things about Hawaiian.

I just got an e-mail informing myself that there were no other FA training classes scheduled this year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

KOA in Kamuela, Hawaii said: I just got an e-mail informing myself that there were no other FA training classes scheduled this year.

Thanks. I guess they have all the FA's they need currently on staff and/or in training. I'll have to check their website in the new year. Until then, I'm still in the running with AA & USAir.

ready2flywv in Bridgeport, West Virginia

27 months ago

Anyone heard any news about possible new hires? I'm considering moving to Honolulu and would love to work for this airline!

Leslielove in Camarillo, California

27 months ago

ready2flywv in Bridgeport, West Virginia said: Anyone heard any news about possible new hires? I'm considering moving to Honolulu and would love to work for this airline!

I work for another airline and a flight attendant was telling me that Hawaiian will be hiring soon just the other day. Don't know how true that is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mahiko7 in Waipahu, Hawaii

26 months ago

Hey guys, I have a two-part question. I see majority of these posts are related to Flight Attendant positions. However, the position I'm interviewing for is Contractor Serviceman, which is basically a baggage handler. So I'm wondering if we'll be going through the same type of three day interview process as the F/A's. I mean it's just basically loading/unloading baggage, cleaning the airplane, and other miscellaneous duties.

Also, I attend a network computer class at night from 4:30 to 9pm, so I'm wondering if it's even worth attending this interview since training or shift work is required and will definitely interfere with class. Appreciate any feedback since my interview is on Tuesday. Mahalo!

synsyn in honolulu, California

25 months ago

curious_amos in New York, New York said: just wondering for the international carriers like these how many days/hours do FAs stay on layover?
like do you [current FAs] actually have time while on the job to see these wonderful destinations outside of through your hotel windows? and only maybe shopping at airport souvenir shops?
truly just wondering and not at all trying to offend anyone because i've applied to and got interview for international carrier and don't know how i'd ask such a question at interview lol

For int'l flights, anywhere from 24 to around 80 hours.

synsyn in honolulu, California

25 months ago

Leslielove in Camarillo, California said: I work for another airline and a flight attendant was telling me that Hawaiian will be hiring soon just the other day. Don't know how true that is.

Likely true with the continued expansion: New routes, more planes, additional routes etc.

Emily in Aiea, Hawaii

25 months ago

Gator954 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Can someone please answer this question: I notice that the airline is affirmative action and I see only Pacific Islanders in the pictures...does the airline hire overwhelmingly from this group? (I am hearing that that is true from people who live in HNL). Maybe they want to cultivate a certain tourist image. Thanks for any information.

On Oahu Asians and Pacific Islanders are the majority, so yes, the majority of people hired in any large company are going to be of this demographic. It's Hawaii. Hawaiian Airlines. We support our local communities here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful in Santa Fe, New Mexico

24 months ago

When will Hawaiian be hiring for Flight Attendants agian? What are the FA bases?

RedBuffGreen in Hawaii

18 months ago

Hopeful in Santa Fe, New Mexico said: When will Hawaiian be hiring for Flight Attendants agian? What are the FA bases?

Currently there is a posting for Flight Attendant on the internal job board, so this recruitment is for current HA employees only.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

CC

18 months ago

anyone knows when is the next cc recruement?

Rachelbuchanan in Melbourne, Australia

18 months ago

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help.

Wanting to ,ove from Australia to Hawaii and possible work for hawaiian airlines. I currently work for virgin Australia as a flight attendant.

Does anyone know when they recruit or if they are hiring in the near future. Thanks

DAJ in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

A friend of mine moved to Hawaii (her husband relocated for a job) and, decided to apply with Hawaian as a FA & got the job. She was kind of shocked because she had applied with AA before and didn't even get a video interview. She said she loves it but it was stressful because both she and her husband were both starting new jobs. She figured they are both young so she will try it for a few years before having kids. It's crazy how life works sometimes. I'm still waiting to hear something back from AA myself. I applied but I haven't gotten a yay or nay or a video invite. Fingers crossed. LOL!!

Page:  « First « Previous   69  70  71  72  73  74  75  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.