Horizon Airlines Interview Overview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (551 to 600 of 763)
Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

WannabeFA84 in Seattle, Washington

21 months ago

Good luck to everyone interviewing in Portland today! :-) Remember to be yourself and have fun!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LoveToServeLoveToFly in Portland, Oregon

21 months ago

Hi. I just want to send a note of encouragement out there to those interviewing. I am switching career paths in becoming a flight attendant, -- learning to do something that I've always wanted to do. If you've decided you want to try this, don't give up! Do your best for the Horizon interviews and don't get dispirited if it takes awhile to hear back. In the meantime, continue researching and applying for jobs you think would be good, -- whether these are other jobs for Horizon or FA jobs with other airlines. Positive action really helps keeps spirits up and is essential to the career search. Be sure to check out some good library books and/or get input from friends to improve your resume and cover letters. Resumes should be as job-specific as possible, highlighting your skills, education, and experience pertinent to that job. You are special and important and you just need to find the right spot that will value your fine qualities. Hang in there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sun Fish in Vista, California

20 months ago

Hi, it is also important for a lay person who knows nothing about aviation codes and terminology to get some basic information. www.inflightcareers.com is a lifetime membership for $89.95, with complimentary flight attendant coaching, templates for cover letters and resumes, plus a general flight attendant manual with an online quiz at the end of each of the twelve chapters. It is a great way to learn the lingo, and feel confident about what it is to apply, be a recruit, and a new FA with the airline you love. Good luck to all.

Jet guy in Galveston, Texas

18 months ago

Anyone heard anything from them since applying this month?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey

18 months ago

Jet guy in Galveston, Texas said: Anyone heard anything from them since applying this month?

Hi Jet Guy!! Nothing yet here, but please anyone who gets an email or call, for this latest Horizon posting on 6/19/13, please post here on Indeed, as will I, if contacted. Thanks. :)

JessJ in Lenoir, North Carolina

18 months ago

I applied as well. Haven't heard anything back.

VicPDX89

18 months ago

I applied today 06/22/13
Ill keep everyone with my timeline
I also applied with AA and have a F2F on July 15ht

KonaGirl in Bellingham, Washington

18 months ago

Process takes awhile. Keep applying elsewhere in meantime. It will not hurt if you have two job offers to choose from, eventually! Also, can't stress enough that "information interviewing" is key. Make as many contacts as you can through friends and family and find out about different types of jobs and different airlines. Meet people and find out what they find best and worst about their jobs, what their background is, what kinds of things they like and feel they're good at. Lots of work, but very worthwhile. Think about where you want to live and where the different airlines have bases, etc. Discouragement is super-detrimental to success. Keep it at bay and keep gathering useful info and moving forward with life. Wishing you all well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lilsnewcareer in Enterprise, Oregon

18 months ago

KonaGirl in Bellingham, Washington said: Process takes awhile. Keep applying elsewhere in meantime. It will not hurt if you have two job offers to choose from, eventually! Also, can't stress enough that "information interviewing" is key. Make as many contacts as you can through friends and family and find out about different types of jobs and different airlines. Meet people and find out what they find best and worst about their jobs, what their background is, what kinds of things they like and feel they're good at. Lots of work, but very worthwhile. Think about where you want to live and where the different airlines have bases, etc. Discouragement is super-detrimental to success. Keep it at bay and keep gathering useful info and moving forward with life. Wishing you all well!

After the closing date it takes about two weeks to hear back. At least that is how it worked for me. I would be sure to do a lot of research about the job nd about making it through the interview. I believe reading this forum helped me get the job. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kileykittykellyI in Visalia, California

18 months ago

Lilsnewcareer in Enterprise, Oregon said: After the closing date it takes about two weeks to hear back. At least that is how it worked for me. I would be sure to do a lot of research about the job nd about making it through the interview. I believe reading this forum helped me get the job. Good luck

Can you tell us what the interview day was like? Group, 1 on 1's, that kind of thing? And are all the interviews held in Portland?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kileykittykellyI in Visalia, California

18 months ago

Lilsnewcareer in Enterprise, Oregon said: After the closing date it takes about two weeks to hear back. At least that is how it worked for me. I would be sure to do a lot of research about the job nd about making it through the interview. I believe reading this forum helped me get the job. Good luck

I read back at the beginning of the forum, but that was 70 months ago. Is everything the same?

Do you know how many FA's are going to be hired?

18 months ago

kileykittykellyI in Visalia, California said: I read back at the beginning of the forum, but that was 70 months ago. Is everything the same?

Do you know how many FA's are going to be hired?

This forum really prepares you. My group interview was the one where we had to as a group put the cities where Horizon flies in order from North to south. Also we were asked as a small group to come up with product that we could market for the airlines and how would we go about selling it. They really just want to see how you work as a team. Last time they offered 25 a place in the training. They also interviewed in Boise Medford. and Spoke. Feel free to ask me anything. It was fun but nerve racking.

TombombBOI in Idaho

18 months ago

It is so true that reading this forum prepares you. This interview is very similar to AS interview, and I went in February. I applied, wondering if ANC is the only base that will be offered... Can't wait to hear something!

18 months ago

TombombBOI in Idaho said: It is so true that reading this forum prepares you. This interview is very similar to AS interview, and I went in February. I applied, wondering if ANC is the only base that will be offered... Can't wait to hear something!

Does anyone know when the next training is going to start?

smf in Seattle, Washington

17 months ago

For anyone that has been through the training with Alaska or Horizon, I have a question about how they assign bases. I understand it is based on company need, was wondering if during training they have you list what your preferences are in order of where you would like to be based. Thank you in advance for helping me with my question.

17 months ago

They ask you for your first three choice in order from first to third. They will try to give you your first choice but no promises . They will send you were they need you.

VicPDX89

17 months ago

When you applied, did anyone get an eamil from a recruiter asking you a few questions?
I just got an email on friday and emaield them back

TombombBOI in Idaho

17 months ago

VicPDX89 said: When you applied, did anyone get an eamil from a recruiter asking you a few questions?
I just got an email on friday and emaield them back

I have applied for both AS and QX in the past, and that is the first step. The next step will be to schedule a phone interview. I applied this recent time, hoping to hear something soon!

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

17 months ago

TombombBOI in Idaho said: I have applied for both AS and QX in the past, and that is the first step. The next step will be to schedule a phone interview. I applied this recent time, hoping to hear something soon!

What month did you apply? Thanks.

TombombBOI in Idaho

17 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: What month did you apply? Thanks.

I applied 6/19, but haven't heard anything. I applied 6 months ago, but didn't attend the interview because I couldn't make the training date. Alaska changed their policy to 1 year time period until you can reapply, I do not know if it is the same for Horizon.

Marilag in Rose Valley, Washington

17 months ago

I applied for QX last June 25 and AA last July 12. Heard from QX 2 weeks after I applied. Passed the phone interview and now preparing for the next round. This forum helps me prepare for the interview. I'm scheduled for Aug 14 but received an email that there has been changes with the interview dates so I am rescheduled earlier, July 30. I'm excited to go through the process.

However for AA, I wonder what went wrong but I am pretty sure I ticked NO on the question about nicotine used. I never smoked in my entire life. My application was rejected instantly and of course I was devastated. But life goes on and will just reapply after 6 months if they have a job opening again.

Jet guy in Galveston, Texas

17 months ago

Got the email about application. Waiting for phone call. Has anyone had the phone call. Do they do a phone interview.

17 months ago

Jet guy in Galveston, Texas said: Got the email about application. Waiting for phone call. Has anyone had the phone call. Do they do a phone interview.

Yes they do a phone interview. Basic interview questions like Tell me something about yourself, and some questions about customer service and questions that were asked in the prior emails. Just be yourself and relax. :)

ohher in Portland, Oregon

17 months ago

I have a question for anyone who can answer! If you're hired, do you receive your base assignment before or after you begin training?

17 months ago

ohher in Portland, Oregon said: I have a question for anyone who can answer! If you're hired, do you receive your base assignment before or after you begin training?

About mid way through training

17 months ago

Does anyone here going to the F2F interview on July 30 :)

rrecreative in seattle, Washington

17 months ago

Is anyone on here in the Aug class?

Let me know.

17 months ago

timeofmylife in Portland, Oregon said: This is the blazer i wore

from h&m
Fitted jacket with front button, front flap pockets, buttons at cuffs, and back vent.

this is the skirt i wore

grace-elements-skirt-ponte-knit-pencil

the shirt i wore

women-v-neck-short-sleeve-blouses-with-gauze-tie-front

the shoes

via spiga angie pumps

my hair was up in a low bun, a little height at the crown. I had mascara. blush, chap stick, and my eye brows a little darkened. i was wearing a simple necklace and my engagement ring nothing else.

i brought a black purse and a folder with me.

hope this gives you a good idea of how i dressed. i tried posting the link but this site wont allow it so i figured you guys can put the words in the search engine.

did you wear stockings? :)

17 months ago

ohher in Portland, Oregon said: I have a question for anyone who can answer! If you're hired, do you receive your base assignment before or after you begin training?

We didn't find out until about five days before graduation. I think they usually find out a bit sooner, though.

rrecreative in seattle, Washington

17 months ago

Marilag in Rose Valley, Washington said: did you wear stockings? :)

Yes wear stocking, preferably nude/tan. And close toed shoes! (make sure you can walk in them, if your interview is in the PDX office they have a few sets of stairs they will move you up and down).

ohher in Portland, Oregon

17 months ago

Marilag in Rose Valley, Washington said: Does anyone here going to the F2F interview on July 30 :)

I was offered a spot at this F2F interview, but after doing some research on the possible base assignments, I decided to withdraw my application. I live in Portland and moved here a year ago from Alaska. There is NO way I could live off of the starting salary in Anchorage. The cost of living in Alaska is incredibly high, so I hope everyone does their research and is sure that they can make the low pay work for them. I am not willing to live in some of the other bases where I could potentially be assigned to relocate to, either.

But good luck to you and everyone else who has been selected to interview!

17 months ago

rrecreative in seattle, Washington said: Yes wear stocking, preferably nude/tan. And close toed shoes! (make sure you can walk in them, if your interview is in the PDX office they have a few sets of stairs they will move you up and down).

Thanks for the info rrecreative. :)

17 months ago

rrecreative in seattle, Washington said: Is anyone on here in the Aug class?

Let me know.

Yes, I was hire in February and decided to refuse the first class in April and am going to go to the one in August. Going in for my physical and background check next Friday. I have been waiting a long time for this to happen. Are you going in August?

17 months ago

ohher in Portland, Oregon said: I was offered a spot at this F2F interview, but after doing some research on the possible base assignments, I decided to withdraw my application. I live in Portland and moved here a year ago from Alaska. There is NO way I could live off of the starting salary in Anchorage. The cost of living in Alaska is incredibly high, so I hope everyone does their research and is sure that they can make the low pay work for them. I am not willing to live in some of the other bases where I could potentially be assigned to relocate to, either.

But good luck to you and everyone else who has been selected to interview!

Thanks ohher. 17K to 19K salary is pretty tight. But I still wanna go to the interview for the experience. It is actually my first job interview in the USA. I am from the Philippines and I'm pretty excited about the face to face interview. I would prefer to be based in Portland. I do hope I end up getting Portland too if I get hired. :)

Krnkrtz@ yahoo.com

17 months ago

When is horizon doing interviews? Anyone know??

Linda in Portland, Oregon

17 months ago

Does anyone know which bases they are in need of flight attendants right now? I have a phone interview tomorrow and am told could be based in Portland, Seattle, Spokane, or Medford. I know they will put you where they need you, but am curious where their greatest need is right now so I know what my chances are.

17 months ago

rrecreative in seattle, Washington said: Is anyone on here in the Aug class?

Let me know.

I'm in for the August 26 training.

17 months ago

Krnkrtz@ yahoo.com said: When is horizon doing interviews? Anyone know??

July 15, 30 and Aug 14

17 months ago

Linda in Portland, Oregon said: Does anyone know which bases they are in need of flight attendants right now? I have a phone interview tomorrow and am told could be based in Portland, Seattle, Spokane, or Medford. I know they will put you where they need you, but am curious where their greatest need is right now so I know what my chances are.

They don't tell you where you will be based until after the training graduation.

elise in Bend, Oregon

17 months ago

I will be in the Aug 26th class

16 months ago

elise in Bend, Oregon said: I will be in the Aug 26th class

Me too!!! When did you get interviewed? :) I'm excited!

Vikkkkter in Hood River, Oregon

16 months ago

I have a F2F on Tuesday Aug 6th.How long is the overall process? I have a Language assessment for AA at 1pm

16 months ago

Vikkkkter in Hood River, Oregon said: I have a F2F on Tuesday Aug 6th.How long is the overall process? I have a Language assessment for AA at 1pm

depends how many will go for the F2F. But from 8-12nn is the orientation and group interview :) Good luck Vikkkter!

elise in Bend, Oregon

16 months ago

I was in the July 30th interview. What about you Marilag?

16 months ago

Vikkkkter in Hood River, Oregon said: I have a F2F on Tuesday Aug 6th.How long is the overall process? I have a Language assessment for AA at 1pm

Hi. I would be very interested to hear what the language assessment is like. I'm working on improving in several languages and wonder what the test is like and what level of proficiency I need to reach to count that language skill as a job skill for American, United, or some other international airline.

Vikkkkter in Lake Oswego, Oregon

16 months ago

KonaGirl in Bellingham, Washington said: Hi. I would be very interested to hear what the language assessment is like. I'm working on improving in several languages and wonder what the test is like and what level of proficiency I need to reach to count that language skill as a job skill for American, United, or some other international airline.

Well I took my test for American, The test was %100 in the language you are testing. you are asked to tell about yourself, read some materiel, and finally roll play.
It was easy, but they grade you hard on how you say the words, how clear you are, and past present and future.
I am not sure if I have past yet.

Caitlin

16 months ago

I interviewed at the QX Portland base and will be attending the August 26th class. I am currently making my way through memorizing the PAs and additional packet information. Hello to any new classmates I will meet. If you have any questions please feel free to reply.

Cherik in Yakima, Washington

16 months ago

Hi,

I start training in Portland next month as a Ground Service Agent. Could someone please describe the testing of the airport city codes? Example: for Yakima it is YKM will they ask Yakima and you give the code or will they ask YKM and you say Yakima or both ways? Thank you.

16 months ago

Vikkkkter in Lake Oswego, Oregon said: Well I took my test for American, The test was %100 in the language you are testing. you are asked to tell about yourself, read some materiel, and finally roll play.
It was easy, but they grade you hard on how you say the words, how clear you are, and past present and future.
I am not sure if I have past yet.

Thanks. Was the role play part difficult? Would you say you are proficient or medium-level in the language you speak?

Vikkkkter in Lake Oswego, Oregon

16 months ago

KonaGirl in Bellingham, Washington said: Thanks. Was the role play part difficult? Would you say you are proficient or medium-level in the language you speak?

I passed my language test. I am proficient in Spanish. Its my first language and I currently work in the Spanish dept for capital One

Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.