Horizon Airlines Interview Overview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 713)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

VinceInLAS in Las Vegas, Nevada

44 months ago

Nath,

A bunch of airlines are still hiring (including Horizon), just keep trying in keep in mind that hundereds of applicants apply for every 1 opening. If you don't make it on with Horizon, try the other airlines. There are a bunch of listings online through the individual airline sites or through the job boards like FlightAttendantJobSearch(dot)com.

Good luck!

v

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SJDGringa in Portland, Oregon

44 months ago

nath in Salem, Oregon said: Is the job still available now?
I really really want to be a flight attendant so badly. But all of the airlines are not hiring for flight attendant no more.

Go to Alaskaair.com, go to Careers, then click on either Alaska or Horizon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flygirl1971 in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

Anyone applied in the last 4 days?

C.H in Denver, Colorado

41 months ago

Yes I did I apply on Thursday. Did you apply flygirl1971? Do you know how long does it takes for them to get hold of you?

want2binflight in Torrington, Connecticut

41 months ago

I just applied on Saturday. Has anyone heard anything recently? i've never applied to them before, but i was told to expect about 3 weeks to pass before you hear anything, although they can contact you at any time! Although sooner would be a lot less stressful!!

41 months ago

i went on horizon's website today and the fa position is no longer posted. my status still says "applied"......has anyone heard anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

court2402 in Tacoma, Washington

41 months ago

I applied a couple weeks ago and just had a phone interview today. I go for the panel interview on Tuesday.

SonyCat in Fort Collins, Colorado

41 months ago

I just had a phone interview today. I will be flying to Seattle on the Dec 7th and have the official inteview on Dec 8th. I am very excited about this opportunity.

C.H in Lafayette, Colorado

41 months ago

Hey Congrats to you sonycat in Colorado. Do they pay for your flight ticket? I apply to I hope I get a call. Good luck hope you get the job.

41 months ago

Hey Congrats to you SonyCat in Colorado Good luck on your interview. Do they pay for your flight?

41 months ago

C.H in Lafayette, Colorado said: Hey Congrats to you SonyCat in Colorado Good luck on your interview. Do they pay for your flight?

Thanks C.H. They do not pay for my flight or hotel, which of course will set me back around six hundred bucks. I am very confident that I will do well in the interview, with my background in the hospitality industry I am a perfect fit for this type of career,and know I will love this type of work. Im keeping my fingers crossed for this one. How cool to be based out of Seattle or Portland my two favorite cities. Good Luck C.H, I hope you get a call for an interview.

41 months ago

Yes Sony Seattle And Portland Are beutifull cities. I wish you the best luck, You will do find, hope you get the job. And please let me know how you did. Good luck.

41 months ago

C.H in Lafayette, Colorado said: Hey Congrats to you sonycat in Colorado. Do they pay for your flight ticket? I apply to I hope I get a call. Good luck hope you get the job.

When did you apply? I was just wondering because i haven't heard anything either....

41 months ago

I apply Nov 12. But haven't heard anything:-(

41 months ago

C.H in Lafayette, Colorado said: I apply Nov 12. But haven't heard anything:-(

Hey C.H. Im getting my bags packed for Seattle, I am getting very excited about this career field. Have you been doing any research on these so called Cattle Call interviews. I hear a ton of people show up and get denied quite fast through this panel interview process. If you have any pointers or advice that would be fantastic.
I hope you get a call soon. Maybe try to give Horizon headquarters a phone call on Monday to see how the hiring process is going. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Yea sony cat thats what iam going to do just call them. Well I hope you have a nice trip to sea. Good luck, you will do perfect. And please let me know how did it go. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Any news?

Beagulz in Beaverton, Oregon

41 months ago

I went through the interview process today in Seattle. I made it to the end and was told to expect a call within the week. My best friend has worked for Horizon for 3 1/2 years and is still on reserve. I live in PDX but was told we would all probably be based out of SEA. Good luck all!

Kelley

41 months ago

Just applied a couple days ago. Hope to hear something. Any new from anyone would be appreciated :) do they contact via email or phone? Also any pointers on what to say when they ask u why you want to be a fa so you sound more original? Lol...I just want to stand out (If I make it that far!)

laustinpdx in Portland, Oregon

41 months ago

Hi folks,

I just got accepted for flight attendant training for Horizon. Yeah! Does anyone have the public announcements needed for pre-study that I can get a head start memorizing? Thanks.

41 months ago

laustinpdx in Portland, Oregon said: Hi folks,

I just got accepted for flight attendant training for Horizon. Yeah! Does anyone have the public announcements needed for pre-study that I can get a head start memorizing? Thanks.

Congratulations! I think I was in your group yesterday! Yay for you. I haven't heard anything yet.

41 months ago

Kelley said: Just applied a couple days ago. Hope to hear something. Any new from anyone would be appreciated :) do they contact via email or phone? Also any pointers on what to say when they ask u why you want to be a fa so you sound more original? Lol...I just want to stand out (If I make it that far!)

They contacted me by phone at 10:00 am on Tuesday for a phone interview (screening?) and after I passed that, they asked me to be in Seattle at 9:30 am on Wednesday! It was an intense day as far as I was concerned. You need to be really confident, and professional. What I've read on here so far seems pretty accurate. Someone from my group yesterday got their job offer today! I am so excited for her. I haven't heard yet. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelley in Jonesborough, Tennessee

41 months ago

Beagulz, when did you fill out your application?

41 months ago

Kelley in Jonesborough, Tennessee said: Beagulz, when did you fill out your application?

Kelley, I submitted my online application November 18th. Hope that helps!

Kelley

41 months ago

Thanks! The asking to be in Seattle the next day thing scares me considering I live on the other side of the country lol

Bethyboo

40 months ago

I applied in November and got called last week for a phone interview. Wednesday I had the group interview and individual interview and got a call Thursday morning about offering me a position with horizon. I am truley so happy FA training begins January 31st. Good luck to everyone :)

laustinpdx in Portland, Oregon

40 months ago

Bethyboo said: I applied in November and got called last week for a phone interview. Wednesday I had the group interview and individual interview and got a call Thursday morning about offering me a position with horizon. I am truley so happy FA training begins January 31st. Good luck to everyone :)

Bethyboo, I also got an offer on Thursday morning. I am very excited myself. Email directly and let's talk. - Leslie-
laustin_pdx@yahoo.com

Ketchikan in Boston

40 months ago

Has anyone got a rejection email after applying? I applied the first day the FA position was posted and got an email acknowledging my application was submitted but I have had zero communication after this email. :(

Beagulz in Eugene, Oregon

40 months ago

laustinpdx in Portland, Oregon said: Bethyboo, I also got an offer on Thursday morning. I am very excited myself. Email directly and let's talk. - Leslie-
laustin_pdx@yahoo.com

Hey you two! I got hired too! See you all in January!

bethyboo in Vancouver, Washington

40 months ago

laustinpdx in Portland, Oregon said: Bethyboo, I also got an offer on Thursday morning. I am very excited myself. Email directly and let's talk. - Leslie-
laustin_pdx@yahoo.com

I think you were in my group! Were you involved with the romantic airline? when we get our packets we shouldstudy together.

QX FA 2B in Beaverton, Oregon

40 months ago

Has anyone completed the background check, fingerprinting and drug testing yet? How long did it take? I'm going in Friday and wonder how much time to plan on being there.

greatNWgirl in Portland, Oregon

40 months ago

Good luck to all of you coming on with Horizon Air, hopefully you enjoy it! I would like to give you some more information, as I'm a current flight attendant with Horizon.

The bid periods are five weeks, unlike most airlines, and therefore you are paid based on a minimum guarantee each month of 82hrs for the five week period at a starting rate of 19.00/hr. That ends up boiling down to 16 hours of pay per week! so every other friday you are paid two-thirds of your monthly gaurantee of 32 hours of pay. When I started we made slightly more, and my typical paycheck as a oregon resident was 436.00 every two weeks and I lived at home with the parents.

You should also take into account that Horizon will always give you the minimum days off each month of 12 (for five weeks) a reserve flight attendant will typically always work five days on call, and then two days off, however one weekend will be a full consecutive four days off, and some reserve lines contain six day reserve blocks. Reserve is typically up to 3.5 years right now

Overnights are mostly small cities. You should be okay traveling often to places such as Yakima, WA, Pasco, Eureka, CA, Reno, NV...etc. A good overnight at Horizon would be 14hrs at the crowne plaza at the san francisco airport (that's as good as it gets)Keep in mind you will recieve a per diem rate of 1.75 per hour while you are away from your base to help pay for expenses incurred.

Horizon is transitioning to a Q400 fleet (which is a large turbo prop aircraft) horizon very shortly will no longer fly jet airplanes.

Inflight management at Horizon is terrible. They hire uneducated leaders, some of the supervisors have been around for a long time and are very bitter that they never left horizon in their early days for mainline. They will intimidate you, and harass you a lot in the begining about every little thing so be prepared.

good luck guys, training is a lot of fun, and a lot of FAs at horizon are a goodtime

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Hello, did Horizon only end up hiring from the Northwest region? I wonder if they will continue interviewing in January!!

Ketchikan in Boston

40 months ago

I interviewed with them about 3.5 years ago (flew in from the Eastern Time Zone) and I noticed that they only hired from the NW (but, I was given an invite for the proverbial cattle call)....so far, I have not even received that offer. (a real shame to make generalizations like that too (i.e. only hire from the NW)---I am a free spirit and I have retired early and I am in love with Portland and Seattle--but, I want a job before I move out there)! :(...PDX rocks---awesome microwbreweries and coffee shops---super cool city with free transportation downtown and killer public transportation from the PDX to the city.

Debra Dean in San Antonio, Texas

40 months ago

I have been in Public Education now for 32 years and I would love to retire then become a flight attendant for your airlines. I already have a passport and I will turn 57 years on Jan. 2, 2011. I am in good health and I am 5'7" and weight 190 lbs. I have shoulder length red hair and blue/green eyes. Please send me an email all about applying with you and where you take the classes and the cost. Thank you for your help and cooperation.

Sincerely,
Debra Dean

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Crossroads in Lacey, Washington

40 months ago

Hi everyone...I have a question for anyone willing to help me out. I have wanted to be a flight attendant my entire life. After deciding to raise my kids I have decided that maybe this is the time for me to consider such a change. I applied for Horizon November 17th, was called for the group interview on December 1st. Unfortunately, I got cold feet and left after the orientation portion of the interview. I haven't heard anyone say that they LOVE working as a FA. I'm looking for something concrete to help me make thd decision to apply again and go through with the entire interview. The training for had me concerned because they indicated not everyone is successful at the end of the four weeks. Is the training and tests really that difficult that 20% don't make it?

40 months ago

Has anyone that was hired in December for FA received any information further about training in Portland. I have gone through all of my pre employment background check, but have not received any information about training since the Seattle Interview. Thanks and see all of you for FA training soon.

Joelle in Beaverton, Oregon

40 months ago

I was told we would receive a packet two weeks before school starts. It will contain study info, schedules etc. If anyone heard differently, let me know!

40 months ago

Hello Joelle, That is what I was told as well! Just making sure I have not missed anything as far as training info goes. Im excited to start training in Portland and will see you then. Cheers

Furture FA in Renton, Washington

40 months ago

SonyCat in Fort Collins, Colorado said: Hello Joelle, That is what I was told as well! Just making sure I have not missed anything as far as training info goes. Im excited to start training in Portland and will see you then. Cheers

How long did it take for you to recieve notice following your background check. It has been nearly 4 weeks since I completed my drug screen and fingerprinting and still no word from Horizon.. Wondering how long the process takes and when do you get confirmation that yes you will be attending class Jan 31st? Thanks ever so much for your reply.

Joelle in Beaverton, Oregon

40 months ago

I wasn't told that I would get any kind of confirmation. I figure that no news is good news lol. As far as I understood, next step is a package, and I think it comes via FedEx. The wait is killing me! Take care. There may be someone you can call at QX.

Furture FA in Renton, Washington

40 months ago

That is what I was thinking as well....No News.. Definately Good News! Thanks so much for your reply :)

39 months ago

I received my packet for the home study today! Very exciting, and a lot to learn before the first day of school!

39 months ago

Furture FA in Renton, Washington said: That is what I was thinking as well....No News.. Definately Good News! Thanks so much for your reply :)

Did your packet arrive?

39 months ago

SonyCat in Fort Collins, Colorado said: Hello Joelle, That is what I was told as well! Just making sure I have not missed anything as far as training info goes. Im excited to start training in Portland and will see you then. Cheers

Did you get your packet today? So many exciting things to learn before our first day of school!

Tina in Seattle, Washington

39 months ago

No packet as of today. Hope I will be seing it tomorrow. Will let you know once I see it. Thanks so much for letting me know you had yours! FYI my last post appeared in Renton, WA...Future FA.. You of course were right no news was good news! LOL

39 months ago

Tina in Seattle, Washington said: No packet as of today. Hope I will be seing it tomorrow. Will let you know once I see it. Thanks so much for letting me know you had yours! FYI my last post appeared in Renton, WA...Future FA.. You of course were right no news was good news! LOL

:) It came in the regular mail FYI, I had said earlier that I thought it came FedEx. Have a great day, looking forward to meeting you! Study study study!!

Ketchikan in Boston

38 months ago

Furture FA in Renton, Washington said: How long did it take for you to recieve notice following your background check. It has been nearly 4 weeks since I completed my drug screen and fingerprinting and still no word from Horizon.. Wondering how long the process takes and when do you get confirmation that yes you will be attending class Jan 31st? Thanks ever so much for your reply.

Any news? Where are you now in the process? After receiving a rejection email many moons ago....I received an email tonight saying someone would be contacting me.

flygirl in Coeur D Alene, Idaho

38 months ago

I just received an email from Horizon expressing that their recruitment department will be contacting me via email or phone. Has anyone else received this type of email? Does this mean that Horizon may be interested in interviewing me? Can't wait to find out! This is exciting! :)

NWfadream in Vancouver, Washington

38 months ago

flygirl in Coeur D Alene, Idaho said: I just received an email from Horizon expressing that their recruitment department will be contacting me via email or phone. Has anyone else received this type of email? Does this mean that Horizon may be interested in interviewing me? Can't wait to find out! This is exciting! :)

I received an e-mail from Horizon that said:Thank you for your interest in the Flight Attendant position at Horizon Air.

We have received a tremendous amount of response to this position and are still in the process of reviewing resumes. For this reason we do not have the ability to answer any questions by phone.

"We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to consider all candidates during our extensive search. Someone from our Recruitment Department will be in touch with you soon either by phone or by email.
I am so happy...!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.