Horizon Airlines Interview Overview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 739)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Pui in West Linn, Oregon

41 months ago

I received the same e-mail at 3:40 p.m. yesterday.

I applied on 11/18/10 and didn't hear anything until yesterday. I thought my chance had gone! I'm so excited now.

Good luck

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ketchikan in Boston

41 months ago

NWfadream in Vancouver, Washington said: I received an e-mail from Horizon that said:Thank you for your interest in the Flight Attendant position at Horizon Air.

We have received a tremendous amount of response to this position and are still in the process of reviewing resumes. For this reason we do not have the ability to answer any questions by phone.

"We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to consider all candidates during our extensive search. Someone from our Recruitment Department will be in touch with you soon either by phone or by email.
I am so happy...!!!

I got the exact same email---however, weeks ago I had received a 'rejection' email. So, I am hoping I still have a shot! :)

Pui in West Linn, Oregon

41 months ago

Reading this Forum from top to bottom again. lol I'm so excited about becoming a Flight Attendant. I hope that Horizon Air contacts me soon.

Has anyone heard anything recently?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NWfadream in Vancouver, Washington

41 months ago

Pui in West Linn, Oregon said: Reading this Forum from top to bottom again. lol I'm so excited about becoming a Flight Attendant. I hope that Horizon Air contacts me soon.

Has anyone heard anything recently?

I applied December 28, 2010 and just get the first e-mail February 7, 2011. Do not worry they will call you soon. Good luck!!!

Pui in West Linn, Oregon

41 months ago

NWfadream in Vancouver, Washington said: I applied December 28, 2010 and just get the first e-mail February 7, 2011. Do not worry they will call you soon. Good luck!!!

Thanks and good luck to you and everyone. :)

dix in Portland, Oregon

41 months ago

Pui in West Linn, Oregon said: Thanks and good luck to you and everyone. :)

Just had a class graduate a couple weeks ago...happy happy!

teresag in Concord, California

40 months ago

Horizon /Alaska air is hiring flight attendants right now.
How long of a process is it once I apply on line? I have family in Portland and Seattle so I listed both as potential bases...and I have other airlines interested in me, so I figure I might screen through.
Any advice?
Thanks in advance!

Dorri in Seattle, Washington

40 months ago

mannnnn
I only found out about the Horizon Air so I applied and it seemed like Alaska was hiring too? ughhhhh

I wonder how long it would take for them to go over the application and call us.
I also wonder how many did apply. hahah

good luck to you all -

Sar in Antigonish, Nova Scotia

40 months ago

I applied for both Alaska and Horizon while the flight attendant positions were open about a week or two ago. I just received an email today from Horizon asking me more specific questions and asking when I'm available and what number I be reached at for a phone interview. I think this is good news! Anyone else get the email or something like it? Maybe they're moving forward with hiring now. yay.

alejandra in Redlands, California

40 months ago

I just got an email saying the date of my phone interview. Im so excited!!! What kind of questions do they ask?
Thanks

SandFlysBy in Lady Lake, Florida

40 months ago

Sar, I got the email, too, answered the questions they asked, then I got another email telling me when my phone interview would take place.

Sar in Antigonish, Nova Scotia

40 months ago

SandFlysBy in Lady Lake, Florida said: Sar, I got the email, too, answered the questions they asked, then I got another email telling me when my phone interview would take place.

Awesome! I feel like I've seen you posting around on these forums. I'm guessing you're applying at any open airline, eh? Good luck to you!

40 months ago

I got the mail earlier today and just checked! I'm plaaning to email them tmrw and I hope they can wait...??

Richard Morris in Kalispell, Montana

40 months ago

FlyGirl in La Center, Washington said: HORIZON AIRLINES BENEFITS

-100% paid benefits for the flight attendant (medical,
dental, etc.), inexpensive benefits for the family if
you wish to add them to your policy.
-Free travel anywhere Horizon/Alaska flys for you and
your family (which includes Hawaii and Mexico)
-Perks such as hotel discounts, car rental discounts,
amusement park discounts, cruiseline discounts
-Once you "get off" reserve, you are able to bid out
your schedule, which means you can work when you want
to
-Paid training in Portland, Oregon

HOW TO DRESS

Dress as close to a flight attendant as possible. The
perfect outfit would be a navy blue jacket and skirt
that went to the knee, with a crisp button down shirt,
pantyhose and closed-toe shoes. You can wear a scarf
tied at the neck, or wear a nice pin. Jewelry should
be minimal. Don't wear chunky necklaces. Dress as
conservative as possible.

You speak as though only females are flight attendants, I would love to be one.

FA4life in West Palm Beach, Florida

40 months ago

I also recieved the email asking me questions and for my phone number today keeping fingers crossed !!!! I was unaware that Alaska was hiring too I wish I would have been able to submit to them as well :(

Ms Flexible in Cleveland, Ohio

40 months ago

I got that same email yesterday afternoon!

FA4life, look at it this way, you can get into Alaska through the backdoor - you'll meet lots of Alaska Air employees as a Horizon FA and have a great referral next time they hire (sounds as though they give preference to those with referrals.)

40 months ago

I also applied online recently and got the e-mail yesterday asking more specific questions.
I am waiting now for their reply to my answers. Anyone know when their training might start in Portland??

Alaska and Horizon are under the same app. Same company. If you applied to one it's my understanding that it applies to both. So don't give up!!

I also applied to Virgin America, Colgan, Pinnacle/Republic, Allegiant, Skywest and a few others. It never hurts to have a back up plan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Richard...
Wear something dark colored and business casual.
Conservative, tidy and GQ-ish.
No khakis.
A sport coat and bright tie with dark slacks.
Clean shaven or with neat facial hair(trimmed mustache or goatee)
hair above the collar. Creases on the slacks.
No visible tattoos or piercings.
Also no clunky jewelry or chains.(hey, men do that too)
Think neat, pressed and clean. you can't go wrong.

SEA09 in Framingham, Massachusetts

40 months ago

Does anyone know what's their a starting salary?

klyn in Providence, Rhode Island

40 months ago

I also received an e-mail asking additional questions/requesting contact info. for a phone interview! I would love the opportunity to work for either Horizon or Alaska, they are both great and serve a beautiful part of the country!

Will keep everyone posted!

klyn in Providence, Rhode Island

40 months ago

Furture FA in Renton, Washington said: That is what I was thinking as well....No News.. Definately Good News! Thanks so much for your reply :)

Any news? I'm curious as to how long the process takes... And congrats!

40 months ago

SEA 09
about 19,000.00 per year to start-Don't know about a per diem in addition to the base salary.

SEA09 in Framingham, Massachusetts

40 months ago

teresag in Concord, California said: SEA 09
about 19,000.00 per year to start-Don't know about a per diem in addition to the base salary.

That seems to be extremely low...Most airlines will give you at least 25,000.00 pre year.

SandFlysBy

40 months ago

SEA09 in Framingham, Massachusetts said: That seems to be extremely low...Most airlines will give you at least 25,000.00 pre year.

That pay is higher than most airlines other than SWA.

Ms Flexible in Cleveland, Ohio

40 months ago

SEA09 in Framingham, Massachusetts said: That seems to be extremely low...Most airlines will give you at least 25,000.00 pre year.

I agree with SandFlysBy, most airlines start between 16.50-20.00 per hour with approximately 65-80 hour guarantee which equals $13,000-$16,000 plus per diem (about $3k-$5k per year) and an opportunity to pick up more hours. In the FA world, Horizon is competitive for starting pay. However over time, if you stay with one airline, you will make much more $$ at Alaska, Southwest, and overseas travel with the majors. If you go online and google AFA contracts for each of the different airlines you can see the pay schedule for each one and find that most of the regional airlines max out around $33 per hour, and the majors max out around $40-$55 per hour. $55 would be Southwest which is part of the reason there is such a frenzy to get in there.

Anyway, if your dream is to become a flight attendant, and you've never done it, Horizon is an excellent company to build that experience.

Richard in Kalispell, Montana

40 months ago

Thanks for all the info and good luck to everyone! Lets hear from those who have done the interview and have experienced it, ok? Do you get extremely tired when flying or do you have any time to think about it when you are working?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

how long does it take for them to reply/call you back for an interview after the sending the email with the questions? I'm waiting and waiting...

40 months ago

Hi dori,
I am waiting for a call too-it's been 3 or maybe 4 days since I replied to their specific e-mail questions. I asked them to call me Friday...and than sat by the phone all day!(no call back)

they did have a glitch in the career portion of their website...so maybe it's taking some time. I hope that's all it is.
I tried to be concise in my answers and not write them a novella.

If anyone hears back with a call from Horizon, please post!

I have family in Portland AND seattle, hoping to move and work there.

tee in Makawao, Hawaii

40 months ago

I did hear from them and was given a phone interview, will be attending the April 5th in Seattle, I am coming from Hawaii. Very excited.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Tee,
if you don't mind sharing-how long was it after you applied and submitted your e-mail replies to their HR person?
A few days? hours?
Congrats by the way!!

40 months ago

Dorri...
at the risk of sending duplicate e-mails and knowing their we site was having serious issues recently, I re-submitted my answers to the HR recruiter that solicited them.(the one that asked specific questions and requested a date, time and phone number for the phone screen)
you might want to re-send as well.
perhaps they didn't get any e-mail for the days their career site was down?
they had tech problems with their whole system.
good luck!!

Jenn in Puyallup, Washington

40 months ago

So here has been my timeline:
I apllied on the 22nd
On the 23rs Got the email with the questions I answered and replied to then got a reply with a time and date for my phone interview the same day.
My phone interview is today at 10am.

Tee Hawai'i..do you have any pointers for the phone interview?? mahalo!!

40 months ago

teresag in Concord, California said: Tee,
if you don't mind sharing-how long was it after you applied and submitted your e-mail replies to their HR person?
A few days? hours?
Congrats by the way!!

Aloha..have any tips for the phone interview??

SandFlysBy in Spring, Texas

40 months ago

My phone interview was scheduled today @ 11am CST. One of the first questions she asked was whether I was interested in interviewing in SEA next Tuesday at my own expense. I had to decline, as I have previous commitment(s) next week that are CRUCIAL, so we didn't go any further. Good luck to all of you!

40 months ago

thanks to all who replied!! good luck!

40 months ago

ooohhh. I had replied the day their site went down!! the 26th

margaret in Bellevue, Washington

40 months ago

Jenn in Puyallup, Washington said: So here has been my timeline:
I apllied on the 22nd
On the 23rs Got the email with the questions I answered and replied to then got a reply with a time and date for my phone interview the same day.
My phone interview is today at 10am.

Tee Hawai'i..do you have any pointers for the phone interview?? mahalo!!

Jenn- How did your phone interview go? Did you get a formal interview invite during the phone interview? Or do you have to wait for that call as well?

40 months ago

margaret in Bellevue, Washington said: Jenn- How did your phone interview go? Did you get a formal interview invite during the phone interview? Or do you have to wait for that call as well?

It went fine as far as I know. And yes they said someone may be calling. I kind of assumed that meant that I didn't make it through.

margaret in Bellevue, Washington

40 months ago

I know how you feel. The same happened to me though I will let you know if I in fact do get a call. Good Luck!

Sar in Halifax, Nova Scotia

40 months ago

I went ahead and re-sent my answers today to the email in case something happened while the site was down. I also received a rejection email a few hours after. I'm assuming they were not interested in those who they did not contact again via email. Who knows, just sharing my experience. Good luck to all!

tee in Makawao, Hawaii

40 months ago

HR person?
A few days? hours?
Congrats by the way!!

Aloha- sorry I thought my reply posted, but I don't see it here, will try again-

I applied the first day the job went up on the Horizons web, I got the questionaire interview maybe about a week later, and then after I submitted that I received a phone interview time scheudled for the following day.
The phone interview was very easy- just questions about your job and situations, nothing to stress about, the recruiter was extremely sweet and I was scheduled for a F2F panel on April 5th in Seattle.

Anyone else flying in from Hawaii? Is the dress anymore casual than mainline interviews?

Thanks and good luck to all!

teresag in Danville, California

40 months ago

well, I resent my answers too and have heard nothing back....either way.
no rejection and no phone screen...
hmmmmm

KJinPDX in Portland, Oregon

40 months ago

I went to a group interview on Tuesday and had a one on one interview yesterday and I just recieved a phone call offering me the position. I am so excited...

SandFlysBy in Spring, Texas

40 months ago

KJinPDX in Portland, Oregon said: I went to a group interview on Tuesday and had a one on one interview yesterday and I just recieved a phone call offering me the position. I am so excited...

Congratulations! Here's wishing you the best of luck!

tee in Makawao, Hawaii

40 months ago

Congratulations KJinPDX! Is there any advice you can give to those of us going to the interview? Anything you can share would be helpful!

When do you start training?

Congrats again!

40 months ago

margaret in Bellevue, Washington said: I know how you feel. The same happened to me though I will let you know if I in fact do get a call. Good Luck!

I will do the same!! Goos luck to you as well!

DD in PDX in Portland, Oregon

40 months ago

I had group interview and F2F on Tuesday in Portland...just got offered a position today.....so excited to be joining Horizon..

flygurl3 in Puyallup, Washington

40 months ago

I applied for the fa position, got the email with all the questions- replied to all of them. My phone interview was suppose to be yesterday @ 1pm. No call :(
Anyone have any ideas of what to do? Just wait?

40 months ago

Good luck for those who have interviews!
I sent the answers on the questions and I haven't got anything.....
I guess that's a no.... :(

TashaM in Boston, Massachusetts

40 months ago

I submitted my questions on 3/25 and I haven't heard anything either. To everyone who hasn't received a call yet stay positive!!!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.