Horizon Airlines Interview Overview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 760)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

tee in Makawao, Hawaii

42 months ago

KJinPDX in Portland, Oregon said: I went to a group interview on Tuesday and had a one on one interview yesterday and I just recieved a phone call offering me the position. I am so excited...

HI- Congrats to you any tips for those of us heading to the interview?
When do you start training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DD in PDX in Portland, Oregon

42 months ago

tee in Makawao, Hawaii said: HI- Congrats to you any tips for those of us heading to the interview?
When do you start training?

Training begins early summer after they get a pool of canidates..
Have 3 or 4 customers service experiences ready, be positive
and listen to instructions.....
Go back to first part of this forum it
tells pretty much about the process.
Hoping the best for all and have fun

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tee in Makawao, Hawaii

42 months ago

DD in PDX in Portland, Oregon said: Training begins early summer after they get a pool of canidates..
Have 3 or 4 customers service experiences ready, be positive
and listen to instructions.....
Go back to first part of this forum it
tells pretty much about the process.
Hoping the best for all and have fun

Thanks that is helpful! I bet you are so excited....congrats again and thanks for the tips

AKflier in Anchorage, Alaska

42 months ago

Alaska Airlines is still looking for Flight Attendants!!! in Anchoarage

heres the link you have until April 8th!!

careers.alaskaair.com/Alaska-CareerOps.asp

AKflier in Anchorage, Alaska

42 months ago

nath in Salem, Oregon said: Is the job still available now?
I really really want to be a flight attendant so badly. But all of the airlines are not hiring for flight attendant no more.

careers.alaskaair.com/Alaska-CareerOps.asp

pam rainwater in Puyallup, Washington

42 months ago

I'm grateful for this information. I would love to be updated with other applicant's comments and discussions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ad in Kent, Washington

42 months ago

Thanks to all that posted in this forum, it helped tremendously!Attended the group interview session and individual interview yesterday..April 5th Seattle. Waiting to hear back by the end of week~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ad in Kent, Washington

42 months ago

Accepted job offer, waiting now to do background check and fingerprints..MY ADVICE to ALL that would like to pass interviews....know that the first postings listed on page 1 are VERY ACCURATE...I knew what to expect and it all played out just as it was described. Thank you FlyGirl in La Center!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Megs

42 months ago

Morgan in Puyallup, Washington said: I did this interview last Monday. Instead of the airline thing we had to list things we found in common. After two cuts we got to do interviews by our selfs in front of three other people. Here they asked you why you wanted it and other personal questions. I got the job, and start training January 7!!!!

Did they tell you right after the interview? Or call you?

Meg

42 months ago

Thank you everyone for your information, I went to the group interview and made it to the one on one interview wed April 6th, they said it could take a couple weeks to receive a call, but really hoping I receive a call soon! I think the longer it takes for them to call means the smaller my chance gets. I'm just praying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

readytofly in Barrington, Illinois

42 months ago

Shannon in Portland, Oregon said: We have our final tomorrow :-) The training for Horizon is always in Portland. They pay for our hotel. We started out with 29 people and have lost 4 so far. It is not easy, but chances of making it are good if you are willing to put the time and effort into studying. We have an exam almost every day, on which we have to have at least 90%. You can fail up to 2 tests, but you must pass the retake. You cannot fail a third test, the final, or the oral exam (there are 13 public announcements that you must memorize verbatim befor arriving to ground school). Horizon does pay you minimum wage during ground school training.
There are open interviews in Portland and Seattle (maybe other places, too - I'm not sure though). If you want to do this, I think you should. It is a fun experience.
Good Luck!

What are the 13 public announcements?

jarehead1264 in Phoenix, Arizona

39 months ago

Does anyone know if Horizon will be hiring soon. I am from phx and willing to relocate..

dd in John Day, Oregon

39 months ago

jarehead1264 in Phoenix, Arizona said: Does anyone know if Horizon will be hiring soon. I am from phx and willing to relocate..

They already hired a few months ago and we are going to start training end of Aug.

littleMSFA in Sunnyvale, California

39 months ago

Horizon is hiring again fyi!!! Just submitted my application today :) Goodluck to us!

L.D. in Portland, Oregon

39 months ago

I filled out my application for horizon air yesterday night and got a reply to answer more questions and set up in interview today, Horizon is hiring for anyone interested, applications must be in before or on 5/11/11!!

Dorri in Seattle, Washington

39 months ago

L.D. in Portland, Oregon said: I filled out my application for horizon air yesterday night and got a reply to answer more questions and set up in interview today, Horizon is hiring for anyone interested, applications must be in before or on 5/11/11!!

I've done the same yet I put 5/11 as the available time for phone interview........ I think I should have said anytime.....what should I do...

Victoria in Seattle, Washington

39 months ago

I applied to Horizon as well, and I replied when they sent me more questions to ask, though I didn't set up an interview. Are they supposed to call us, or should we call them?

Lisa.D. in Portland, Oregon

39 months ago

I meant you should of applied on or by 7/11, not 5/11 sorry guys!, and I think its fine you gave them an exact date or time, that's what they were asking for so I'm sure they will call around then, and I wouldn't call, I'm sure they get flooded with calls, they will call. I'm nervous about the phone interview, what do you guys think they will ask?

lolamay in San Diego, California

39 months ago

i applied early last week, received an email to fill out more questions and sent that back, and this morning i received an email asking to set up a phone interview. what questions do they ask for the phone interview?

also, does anyone know when they are planning on having panel interviews for this group of applicants? or when training actually will start?

good luck everyone!

39 months ago

I got hired from the March 29th interviews in PDX. Just did drug test and background check. Our class begins Aug 22nd. I believe there are 34 in the training class. I wonder if they are hiring more for that class. Any one else in that class????

Megan Browning in West linn, Oregon

39 months ago

DD in PDX in Portland, Oregon said: I got hired from the March 29th interviews in PDX. Just did drug test and background check. Our class begins Aug 22nd. I believe there are 34 in the training class. I wonder if they are hiring more for that class. Any one else in that class????

I am in that class also.

KJinPDX in Portland, Oregon

39 months ago

I will be attending the Aug 22nd class as well...

hey??? in Macon, Georgia

39 months ago

Has anyone heard back who just recently applied and sent back answers to the questions?

39 months ago

Megan and KJ, did you ever think we were going to training??? I started to wonder. Im the one that retired from CO. Im really getting excited for this to start.

Lisa from PDX in Portland, Oregon

39 months ago

No, (hey in Macon Georgia), I filled out the questionnaire and set back times I could do an interview but never heard anything yet, have you? and all of you who got hired for training, congratulations. Does anyone know how long it took to get a response after filling out the questionnaire?

CJ in Meridian, Idaho

39 months ago

Wow, this has been so helpful - thank you all! I applied on Monday (7/11/11), had my phone interview today (7/14) and am headed to Portland for the interview process on 7/21! Excited, nervous, excited, nervous...

flyqueen in Saint Louis, Missouri

39 months ago

CJ in Meridian, Idaho said: Wow, this has been so helpful - thank you all! I applied on Monday (7/11/11), had my phone interview today (7/14) and am headed to Portland for the interview process on 7/21! Excited, nervous, excited, nervous...

so bummed...i applied on 7/10 and no call or email...what did they say in your phone interview if you dont mind me asking..

Bethyboo in Seattle, Washington

39 months ago

Megan Browning in West linn, Oregon said: I am in that class also.

Have either of you heard where the class may be based?

39 months ago

Bethyboo in Seattle, Washington said: Have either of you heard where the class may be based?

Classes are held in PDX

CJ in Boise, Idaho

39 months ago

flyqueen in Saint Louis, Missouri said: so bummed...i applied on 7/10 and no call or email...what did they say in your phone interview if you dont mind me asking..

No problem! They asked customer service questions.
1. Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
2. Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, how you overcame it and how you kept your composure.
3. Give an example of a time that your schedule was completely thrown off and how you adjusted/handled it.

Hope that helps - good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fa76 in Salt Lake City, Utah

39 months ago

CJ in Meridian, Idaho said: Wow, this has been so helpful - thank you all! I applied on Monday (7/11/11), had my phone interview today (7/14) and am headed to Portland for the interview process on 7/21! Excited, nervous, excited, nervous...

Congrats, I applied the 7th of jul, got an email to fill out the questions ans have not heard back yet...

Lisa from PDX in Portland, Oregon

39 months ago

Same here Fa76 in Salt Lake City, I sent the questionnaire and nothing back yet, I have all the qualifications and beyond so I hope they will call, if not its okay, good luck to you all!

PR in Puyallup, Washington

39 months ago

I will be heading down to Portland for the group interview on the 21st for Horizon. Is there anyone that can prepare me for questions that the recruiters will be asking or what they're specifically looking for? My children are out on their own now, which allows my schedule to be wide open, but are they looking for the "fresh, young face" in their mid twenties? Also, if I have neutral-color highlights in my hair, is that acceptable, according to Horizon? Do you have to be a size "2" as well? Also, I was a surpervisor in a restaurant (back in the day) but most of my work experience is in the medical field...is that going to go against me? My patients that I took care of is "Customer Service" on STEROIDS though! I just wonder if the recruiters will see it that way. Hope to get some responses...thank you:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PMM in Tacoma, Washington

39 months ago

Megan Browning in West linn, Oregon said: I am in that class also.

I am in too!

Victoria in Seattle, Washington

39 months ago

Oh no! I never got an email back after I answered their questions, and I didn't get a phone call. :( I guess that's the end.

39 months ago

PR in Puyallup, Washington said: I will be heading down to Portland for the group interview on the 21st for Horizon. Is there anyone that can prepare me for questions that the recruiters will be asking or what they're specifically looking for? My children are out on their own now, which allows my schedule to be wide open, but are they looking for the "fresh, young face" in their mid twenties? Also, if I have neutral-color highlights in my hair, is that acceptable, according to Horizon? Do you have to be a size "2" as well? Also, I was a surpervisor in a restaurant (back in the day) but most of my work experience is in the medical field...is that going to go against me? My patients that I took care of is "Customer Service" on STEROIDS though! I just wonder if the recruiters will see it that way. Hope to get some responses...thank you:)

Have about 4-5 customer service experiences ready to tell because you tell them alot. Age is no problem, I am way, way over 20's and not near a size 2 and got hired for upcoming class. Listen carefully to instructions and be open to anything.
Dress professionaly

Want to Be Flying in Camas, Washington

39 months ago

I thought prior experience with Alaska would get me a foot in the door....not looking like it though.

FA Wannabe in Chatsworth, California

39 months ago

I applied 7/11, got the email asking additional questions on 7/15, and they asked when they should call, which I told them, and they never did. Gosh am I disappointed, I must have been lost in the process because the group interview is today. I thought I was a shoo-in because I worked for Horizon for two years previously and had a good record with them. Guess they were overwhelmed with applications like all the other airlines and I got lost in the deluge. Good luck to all of you. It is a good company.

CJ in Boise, Idaho

39 months ago

The more I think about the salary, the more I am completely perplexed as to how people can make work. $17,000-$19,000 per year seems almost impossible and my family is definitely worried. Any insight?

Ketchikan in Boston

39 months ago

You do not do this job for the money. One can't be motivated to do this job for that reason! People who do this (long term)do it because they love it---i.e. often they eek out a living via crash pads,being super frugal, etc. or by taking another part-time job or they are "comfortable" some other way---i.e. they have a "cushion", are supported by someone else, or are retired with a pension. If one is worried about money, one shouldn't take this job (in my opinion). :) :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Max in San Diego, California

36 months ago

readytofly in Barrington, Illinois said: What are the 13 public announcements?

I'm curious about the 13 announcements too. Any one know how hard they are to memorise, and how long they are? I'm getting ready for my phone interview on friday. Hoping to get the go ahead for the interview in Portland.

hey??? in Macon, Georgia

36 months ago

Can someone please tell me if you are chosen, do they fly you to training? I know they pay for training, but do they also fly you there? Had my phone interview last nite and went very well, but I may not be able to afford the trip there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Max in San Diego, California

36 months ago

hey??? in Macon, Georgia said: Can someone please tell me if you are chosen, do they fly you to training? I know they pay for training, but do they also fly you there? Had my phone interview last nite and went very well, but I may not be able to afford the trip there.

My interview went well. I'm in the same boat, don't no if I can afford the trip. If you are picked to attend training, they should pay for your trip to Portland.

laustinpdx

36 months ago

Congratulations on your first interview. No, I believe you need to get to Portland on your own dime. Maybe that has changed.

What are they telling you regarding when the next class will be?

Good luck!

just curious in Macon, Georgia

36 months ago

laustinpdx said: Congratulations on your first interview. No, I believe you need to get to Portland on your own dime. Maybe that has changed.

Good luck!

No class sheduled yet.

lala11 in portland, Oregon

36 months ago

i was wondering if anyone from the july interviews got put into the pool and waiting for the next training session?? i got put into the pull and so i am waiting for the next one, but haven't heard anything. i hope it is soon!

TheZarzanas@yahoo.com in Vancouver, Washington

35 months ago

laustinpdx said: Congratulations on your first interview. No, I believe you need to get to Portland on your own dime. Maybe that has changed.

Good luck!

Hi there, I have been trying for weeks to find a sight where I can apply for a flight attendant position Horizon in Portland OR, can you give me a web site for the application?I would so appreciate it.'
Lori, Portland OR

Oh Stewardess in Portland, Oregon

35 months ago

TheZarzanas@yahoo.com in Vancouver, Washington said: Hi there, I have been trying for weeks to find a sight where I can apply for a flight attendant position Horizon in Portland OR, can you give me a web site for the application?I would so appreciate it.'
Lori, Portland OR

Check Horizons website often because they will have the job posting for flight attendants posted for only a few days due to the high volume of applicants..hope that helps

Oh Stewardess in Portland, Oregon

35 months ago

hey??? in Macon, Georgia said: Can someone please tell me if you are chosen, do they fly you to training? I know they pay for training, but do they also fly you there? Had my phone interview last nite and went very well, but I may not be able to afford the trip there.

Horizon will fly you to training from an airport Horizon serves, and I dont know but maybe even one that Alaska Airlines fly out of.

Tahiti4Fun in Mt Shasta, California

35 months ago

Does anyone know the approximate reserve time is for a
new hire Alaska or Horizon attendant based in Portland is?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.