Horizon Airlines Interview Overview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 833)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

PeanutSlinger in League City, Texas

41 months ago

Dia in Canyon City, Oregon said: Horizon reserve is about 4 years or more in PDX

Hi Dia! Do you know what the est. reserve time is for new hires based in SEA?

Has anyone else been invited to the classes for 2012? I really enjoyed the interview process with QX and can't wait for training. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyBy in Sweet Home, Oregon

41 months ago

PeanutSlinger in League City, Texas said: Hi Dia! Do you know what the est. reserve time is for new hires based in SEA?

Has anyone else been invited to the classes for 2012? I really enjoyed the interview process with QX and can't wait for training. :)

I think it is about the same as PDX.

Mirco in Everett, Washington

41 months ago

When do the Classes start? Thank you

LC11 in Gresham, Oregon

41 months ago

My phone interview experience went well! The recruiter was extremely friendly. A few questions they asked me:
1.) Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?
2.) How do you work with a challenging work deadline or goal? How do you work through it?
3.) Do you enjoy goal driven environments and companies?
4.) What are you other involvements? -ex. community service

I am moving forward to the group interview tomorrow. I am pretty nervous. This is a completely different type of interview experience, but I feel this blog has better prepared me. Thank you!! I will update later...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC11 in Gresham, Oregon

41 months ago

Mirco in Everett, Washington said: When do the Classes start? Thank you

I was told they do not have a date picked yet, but are aiming for February-April 2012.

KimmyKat in Eugene, Oregon

41 months ago

LC11 in Gresham, Oregon said: I was told they do not have a date picked yet, but are aiming for February-April 2012.

HEY! ILL BE SEEING YOU AT THE INTERVIEW, IM NERVOUS AS WELL BUT SOO EXCITED!!

Aim in Portland, Oregon

41 months ago

LC11 in Gresham, Oregon said: My phone interview experience went well! The recruiter was extremely friendly. A few questions they asked me:
1.) Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?
2.) How do you work with a challenging work deadline or goal? How do you work through it?
3.) Do you enjoy goal driven environments and companies?
4.) What are you other involvements? -ex. community service

I am moving forward to the group interview tomorrow. I am pretty nervous. This is a completely different type of interview experience, but I feel this blog has better prepared me. Thank you!! I will update later...

I got those same phone interview questions!! I will be at the interview tomorrow!! I am so excited!! I love Horizon!

Aim in Bothell, Washington

41 months ago

PeanutSlinger in League City, Texas said: Hi Dia! Do you know what the est. reserve time is for new hires based in SEA?

Hi!! I was invited to the training class in 2012!! so excited!! i cant wait!!!

Aim in Bothell, Washington

41 months ago

is anyone else from the interview that was on nov 29th in pdx going to training????

PeanutSlinger in Texas City, Texas

41 months ago

Aim in Bothell, Washington said: Hi!! I was invited to the training class in 2012!! so excited!! i cant wait!!!

Hi Aim! Did they give you a training date or did they place you in a pool for a future date? Congrats on the interview. :)

LC11 in Salem, Oregon

40 months ago

I heard back about 3 days after the group interview and they asked me to join the February 2012 training! I do not know how many spots were left in the February training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

prettycrisp in Santa Cruz, California

40 months ago

Hi All, I interviewed on September 20th and was put in a pool. They emailed me at the end of October and invited me to the Class in Feb.... It starts on the 13th and we graduate on March 8th... I am soooooo excited!!!

PeanutSlinger in Dickinson, Texas

40 months ago

prettycrisp in Santa Cruz, California said: Hi All, I interviewed on September 20th and was put in a pool. They emailed me at the end of October and invited me to the Class in Feb.... It starts on the 13th and we graduate on March 8th... I am soooooo excited!!!

Hi prettycrisp: I also interviewed on 9/20 and was emailed about the class in Feb. I am excited as well. Congrats and can't wait to meet you at training. :)

Ashley in Fayetteville, North Carolina

40 months ago

Hey Everyone! Im interviewing on Jan 13th and would love some tips.. Please please please with sugar on top :) Im nervous to all hell, but got a great book to help study for the questions they "could ask."
Congrats to everyone who has made it so far.

thank you for your time Ashley

TheZarzanas@yahoo.com in Vancouver, Washington

39 months ago

Oh Stewardess in Portland, Oregon said: Check Horizons website often because they will have the job posting for flight attendants posted for only a few days due to the high volume of applicants..hope that helps

I applied in October and got an email the beginning of this week to re-send my app. and resume. Looking forward to see what happens from here

Joy in Eugene, Oregon

38 months ago

Hello everyone! I am going to have a phone interview on 2/13 Monday! Could anyone give me any ideas about what kind of questions they might ask? I am super nervous!!

Flyer2012 in Portland, Oregon

38 months ago

Joy, I don't know much about the current questions they ask, but expect to be asked about how you handle difficult customers and how you resolve conflicts with co-workers. When I applied there many years ago, it was a much smaller airline and for the most part we flew solo so many of the questions were focused on being able to independantly resolve customer complaints. Now, every flight has two flight attendants.

Also, when they ask you about a specific experience, give them a specific response. DO NOT generalize! They want to know how you handled a particular customer or situation. Always aim to end the "story" with a positive ending. No one wants to hear that such and such customer could not be pleased no matter what. Give them a success story.

Joy in Eugene, Oregon

38 months ago

Thanks for your tips Flyer2012!! I passed the phone interview and went to an hiring event in PDX on Thursday! I was moved forward to the one on one interview! I am now waiting for their call to see if I am hired!!

38 months ago

Joy... Congratz... No call for me yet. Another friend of mine made it to the 1on1 but wasn't selected. Not sure what they are seeking but a passion for flying and customer service while making very little doesn't grow on trees. Best of luck that they see the gem that you are.

Joy in Portland, Oregon

38 months ago

Flyer2012 you are so nice!! I haven't got any call either... I don't know if they will call you even if you are not selected. I don't like waiting..

38 months ago

Joy, it seems that most of Horizon's hiring is now handled exclusively by Alaska. This is bad because the initial hoop you have to jump through is the most challenging. The gals that work there haven't ever been unemployed or between jobs. I don't think they even read the news about the economy so their criteria are not very realistic. I cannot speak for the recruiters that would be doing the actual interviewing. Otherwise, both airlines are good. However, many people have been rejected before they even got on the playing field because they must live up to an unrealistic standard.

I do not they will not call if you are not selected. You will only get an email. If Alaska HR really is in charge of the initial process they are usually very good about sending those out pretty quick. Not sure what is up this time around.

I have noticed though that many airlines are looking for those with NO prior airline experience and this has given them some trouble because many inexperienced new hires simply do not understand the expectations, the pay, or how challenging the job can be. It doesn't matter what they tell you during the interview, those with stars in their eyes don't hear it.

After being rejected eight times now, I am pretty close to giving up on it. If these airlines cannot see "quality" what does it say about the future of air travel? No much, I am afraid. Remember, an interview is a two way street. You should be watching them as much as they are watching you. Every action says something about how they run things and if they are worth inviting into YOUR family.

Best of luck to you.

Flying High in Denver, Colorado

38 months ago

FLYER: we should talk. I came from three airlines and I have had the same issues. I know that one will fall in place eventually because my heart is there and I have a ton of experience in other customer service. If you really want it keep going back for it. Allegiant and US Air are hiring and Continental and two will fly you there. I cant wait for my interview with Horizon next week but scared of rejection. I have the look, the right answers but truly its all about if the HR women like you. I have been to Alaska once and turned down, Continental once and turned down, United once and turned down, Sky west once turned down and then hired, Emirates turned down just two weeks ago, Hawaiian offered me an interview recently and Allegiant but no notice. I went to Eagle and turned down. I went to Southwest and was turned down.Jet Blue once and turned down. I did Air Tran and turned down. i went to Republic and hired and mesa and Hired. If I gave up, I wouldnt be where I am wanting to go back!!! I am a fighter and a great flight attendant and I hope Horizon sees my passion.... Look at what I have been through but its so worth it to pursue my dream of flying and retire doing what I love making no money.Its costed me almost a years salary to get back to what I want...I know I will be the happiest woman around. If you want some help with a resume or some blog sites it might be worth looking at! I have learned money is not everything.

Rampdude in Elk Grove, California

38 months ago

Where is your interview at? I have an interview on tuesday for a Ramp agent postion. I will be So stoked if I get this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charcar in Seattle, Washington

37 months ago

Hello Everyone,
This forum is very insightful. I applied with Horizon on 3/15/12. Got an email on 3/24/12 with screening questions which said they're still reviewing resumes and said I would be notified either by email or phone of the "status of my application". Here's my question to those who've been through the process. What is the approximate length of time from applying > interviews > hire > training ? Would you say 3-4 months ? I hope they allow time for rearranging one's life. If they're recruiting in March/April I wonder if the training cycle would be June/Jul ?
Thanks!

Flyer2012 in Seattle, Washington

37 months ago

They general call applicants about a week to a week and a half after the initial phone screening. I am not aware of any June/July trainings. They are hiring for attrition, not growth. That means hiring for people that have either left, retired, etc. They do have a May training, but I am not sure what the dates are.

One last point: DO NOT go to any Air Academy or any school promising to teach you airline skills. This is a total waste of money. Each airline has its own training that they perform regardless of your own experience and education. Having a certificate from one of these schools does not in any way assure you a job.

ORGirl in Sandy, Oregon

37 months ago

I applied the first day the FA job was open and then got an email asking to answer the questions on the 22nd. About an hour after I answered the questions I received a call and did the phone interview. I was invited to the group interview on 3/30. Very excited!

SusanM in Portland, Oregon

37 months ago

Hello Everyone!
I am currently in my last year of high school, and I've always been interested in becoming a flight attendant. Is there any kind of age limit or minimal experience for any kind of work? I would love to know if I have an opportunity to apply. Thanks!

cary in Irving, Texas

37 months ago

are they still hiring? i cannot see where the application is

37 months ago

careers.horizonair.com/Horizon-CareerOps.asp

They did advertise Flight Attendant couple of weeks ago, but not anymore.

ashes in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

I applied for a position sometime in March and had my phone interview today:) Group interview is next week and I'm sooo excited! I'm currently living in Boise (luckily the interview is here), my boyfriend and I have been wanting to move to the west coast so this could be the most perfect opportunity. Anyone elsegoing to be at the interview next week?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ari in Seattle, Washington

36 months ago

i also applied in march and have a phone interview in a few days. for those who have done them recently are the questions the same as they were a few months ago?

and what exactly do people think they're looking for in group interviews? i've had two with alaska and have yet to be invited to a one on one. i've always left them in a state of shock because i felt i did great.

36 months ago

I'm curious Ari in Seattle - Does Alaska also require you wait 6 months before reapplying again (like Horizon ?).
I applied with Horizon in March, phone interview followed by group interview followed by one-on-one interview. I was overconfident and was surprised I did not make the final cut.

I must have stood out in the group interview because I got in the top 10 finalists. Why ? I have no idea ! One question that was asked in the 2nd group interview which surprised me but made sense later was "Who do you admire the most ?". I think what they're really searching for is what kind of a person are you and what are your values ?

All in all it was a really good learning experience as I had never been to a cattle call type interview before. Don't mean to offend but that's what it seemed like. It felt like a cross between American Idol and Miss America. LOL. Best of luck and don't ever give up your dream !

bflyinsoon in Klamath Falls, Oregon

36 months ago

Charcar in Seattle, Washington said: I'm curious Ari in Seattle - Does Alaska also require you wait 6 months before reapplying again (like Horizon ?).
I applied with Horizon in March, phone interview followed by group interview followed by one-on-one interview. I was overconfident and was surprised I did not make the final cut.

I must have stood out in the group interview because I got in the top 10 finalists. Why ? I have no idea ! One question that was asked in the 2nd group interview which surprised me but made sense later was "Who do you admire the most ?". I think what they're really searching for is what kind of a person are you and what are your values ?

All in all it was a really good learning experience as I had never been to a cattle call type interview before. Don't mean to offend but that's what it seemed like. It felt like a cross between American Idol and Miss America. LOL. Best of luck and don't ever give up your dream !

That is soo great that you made it to the final ten!! Don't give up.. there is soo much competition these days...i believe the best way is to show them your SHINE!! best of luck in the future!!

Ashes in Meridian, Idaho

36 months ago

I have an interview for Horizon/Alaskan this Thursday and I've noticed quite a bit of talk about a Nicotine test you have to do...most people say there is a prerequisite of not smoking for 6 months but I haven't seen this on the job requirements and HR didn't ask me about it during my phone interview. Is this a policy that has changed recently or...?

Obsydian in San Antonio, Texas

36 months ago

I've been looking forward for them to open hiring and they did last night. That's when I found I'd have to travel to the interview myself, unless anybody knows if they will provide at all? Oh well...on to the next. :(

36 months ago

No they do not pay for your transportation to the group interview.

36 months ago

Ashes in Meridian, Idaho said: I have an interview for Horizon/Alaskan this Thursday and I've noticed quite a bit of talk about a Nicotine test you have to do...most people say there is a prerequisite of not smoking for 6 months but I haven't seen this on the job requirements and HR didn't ask me about it during my phone interview. Is this a policy that has changed recently or...?

It's not obvious, but I remember seeing this question in one of the pre-sreening windows upon applying.

future_FA in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

I passed the phone interview and was invited to the group interview in Portland next Thursday. Anyone else going to be at that interview?

36 months ago

Anyone else going to be at the group interview in Portland next Thursday?

ari in seattle in Portland, Oregon

36 months ago

i'll be there. i'll be in portland wednesday afternoon at the latest. if you or anyone else wants to get together for coffee, drinks, manicures or whatever to compare stories, prepare or scope out the competition i'm down.

36 months ago

Good luck next Thursday (4/26). If you wish, please let us know how it went for you.

alirae5 in Santa Barbara, California

36 months ago

HI!! I am going to the interview this thursday in Boise...will anybody be there? I am SO nervous! i have been trying to study but aaaahhhh! I hope I am prepared enough!

Ashes in Meridian, Idaho

36 months ago

alirae5 in Santa Barbara, California said: HI!! I am going to the interview this thursday in Boise...will anybody be there? I am SO nervous! i have been trying to study but aaaahhhh! I hope I am prepared enough!

I'm going to be there!:) Sooo excited! Did you have a referral?

Ashes in Meridian, Idaho

36 months ago

alirae5 in Santa Barbara, California said: HI!! I am going to the interview this thursday in Boise...will anybody be there? I am SO nervous! i have been trying to study but aaaahhhh! I hope I am prepared enough!

I'm going to be there! Sooo excited! Did you have a referral?

alirae5 in Santa Barbara, California

36 months ago

Hey! Yes I do. Do you???? Are you as nervous as I am?!

Ashes in Meridian, Idaho

36 months ago

alirae5 in Santa Barbara, California said: Hey! Yes I do. Do you???? Are you as nervous as I am?!

Yes, I have a referral as well:)
I'm waayyy nervous! I really have my hopes up.
Email me extraordinary.ashhh@gmail.com

36 months ago

ari in seattle in Portland, Oregon said: i'll be there. i'll be in portland wednesday afternoon at the latest. if you or anyone else wants to get together for coffee, drinks, manicures or whatever to compare stories, prepare or scope out the competition i'm down.

I would love to do that, but I wont be getting into Portland until about 7:30pm :( I'll see you there though!

36 months ago

Charcar in Seattle, Washington said: Good luck next Thursday (4/26). If you wish, please let us know how it went for you.

Thanks, I will let you guys know how it goes!

36 months ago

Also to anyone that has done the group interview in the last month or 2, can you give any insight on what it's like? I know the email said a presentation then you answer questions in front of the group. What kind of questions do they ask? For the group portion, did you have to make up an airline or find things in common? How was the one on one? How many people showed up to the interview and how many were selected? Do they let you know on the spot if you are hired? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Flyer2012 in Seattle, Washington

36 months ago

future_FA in Los Angeles, California said: Also to anyone that has done the group interview in the last month or 2, can you give any insight on what it's like? I know the email said a presentation then you answer questions in front of the group. What kind of questions do they ask? For the group portion, did you have to make up an airline or find things in common? How was the one on one? How many people showed up to the interview and how many were selected? Do they let you know on the spot if you are hired? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

@future_FA in LA: I did my interview about two months ago. You will be asked to create an airline in about ten or fifteen minutes. Mainly this is an ice breaker and to test for your ability to use teamwork.

The group interview is very straightforward and one of the best I have experienced in the airline industry. They will have you pick up a card from the table that will ask you a question about how you handled a customer service situation. Every question is different. Next, they will replace these questions with those asking about your ability to adapt to situations. It goes without saying that both of these aspects are very important to being a flight attendant.

There were about 24 people that showed up to my interview. After the second phase (group interview), half of those were cut and sent home. The rest moved on to the one on one interview or in this case, two on one. You will be teamed up with an HR person and a recruiter from inflight usually. At this point, they will go over each of your jobs in the last ten years asking you why you left, what you liked most, least, etc.

I don't know how many were selected out of the final half of interviewees. Unfortunately, they do not let you know on the spot if you are hired. They called me in about a week.

After this process you need to complete a background, drug test, finger prints, and employee ID photo....

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.