Jet Blue Airport Operations Crew (Ticket Agents)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 284)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

strizzy88 in Carteret, New Jersey

48 months ago

@david

I went to the group interview back in November and there was a retired NYPD officer there. I also was chosen to go to HQ in Queens to do the background fingerprinting, drug test and agility test, and she was also there. The guy that conducted the agility test was also an NYPD officer.

I must say that while over hearing them talk it seems that Jetblue does hire a considerable amount of retired cops. For one, I'm sure you guys will pass the background test with flying colors. I would say definitely fill out an application because it is almost a guarantee you will get hired. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lamer in Orlando, Florida

47 months ago

Anyone applying for this position in Orlando?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

strait in Suffield, Connecticut

36 months ago

I hopefully will be hired soon by jetBlue for airport operations crew and will be going to Orlando for training. Does anyone know if I need to memorize all of the 2 letter airline codes, like B6 for jetBlue and WN Southwest Some are real obscure and do I need to know them all? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

strait in Suffield, Connecticut

36 months ago

Does anyone know when the next training class for airport operations training will be for 2012 at jetblue?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

anniem in Rochester, New York

35 months ago

Does anyone know when a new training class for Airport Operations Agent will be starting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lbsurf in Long Beach, New York

35 months ago

Does anyone know what questions they ask in the face to face interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

apjunk in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

anniem in Rochester, New York said: Does anyone know when a new training class for Airport Operations Agent will be starting?

I was told new training will be in Mar/Apr...Can anyone give me an idea re PT work schedules? Is it always strict 20 hr and 5 days on? Or are you allowed to drop and add shifts? I live 40 miles out so interested in more hr, less days. All positions in dfw will be PT to start. Thanks for any info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lbsurf in Long Beach, New York

34 months ago

So does that mean they will open a position at JFK for airport operations crew PT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anniem in Rochester, New York

34 months ago

apjunk in Dallas, Texas said: I was told new training will be in Mar/Apr...Can anyone give me an idea re PT work schedules? Is it always strict 20 hr and 5 days on? Or are you allowed to drop and add shifts? I live 40 miles out so interested in more hr, less days. All positions in dfw will be PT to start. Thanks for any info!

Thank you for the info on new training class. About your question, at our interview, we were told you can pick up hours and trade your days, allowed more than 20 hrs but not less than 20 hrs per week. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MB in Saint Augustine, Florida

34 months ago

Hi I have been interested in working for Jet Blue as a ticket agent or any Airport Operations. I have a few years customer service experience in hospitality, flexible schedule, great references, CS awards from my job etc but I am looking to make a move out of my semi small town. The closest place is Orlando but I would be interested in a position in the North East. JKF, La Guardia or Boston preferably. Anywhere out of Florida would really do at first. My question is if they saw that I don't live in the particular city I was applying for would that be an automatic red flag/turn down and they would not give me a chance? Just curious if anyone has any experience with this or knows anything? Maybe someone has done what I have before? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

B6_Slim_Shady_Blu in Seattle, Washington

34 months ago

MB in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hi I have been interested in working for Jet Blue as a ticket agent or any Airport Operations. I have a few years customer service experience in hospitality, flexible schedule, great references, CS awards from my job etc but I am looking to make a move out of my semi small town. The closest place is Orlando but I would be interested in a position in the North East. JKF, La Guardia or Boston preferably. Anywhere out of Florida would really do at first. My question is if they saw that I don't live in the particular city I was applying for would that be an automatic red flag/turn down and they would not give me a chance? Just curious if anyone has any experience with this or knows anything? Maybe someone has done what I have before? Thanks

Saint I'm not sure on jetBlue's policies but USUALLY as different as airlines seem to be they are very much the same in a lot of ways. For example when Virgin America first started hiring for Chicago (of course this was months before they even flew there) I applied and I got a call to attend an interview and I live in Washington State, Not Chicago or Illinois. I had to respectfully decline as the interview fell on a day I worked and I couldn't get it covered plus I would have had to pay my own airfare since of course they couldn't fly me there. It wouldn't be smart to call out of a job I have already to spend money for a short notice plane ticket and go to a job interview I'm not guaranteed to get an offer from and end up getting fired from my current job. But if jetBlue is like any other airline you should be able to apply anywhere in their network they are hiring for. I would think its up to the recruiters discretion to contact you if you live out of state and if your resume shows you are someone they could defiantly benefit from. But it should disqualify you from the opportunity, just be prepared to pay your own airfare!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Thanks for the info and reply B6. I know I will have to pay my own airfare but that doesn't bother me too bad since I do have a good amount saved and I am blessed the job I have now has quite possibly one of the most flexible schedules I'll ever have. I could leave for a couple days and it be ok. I am just tired of the year long heat and small town feel.. I can get good hours every week if I choose but the pay is low so I work my butt off for a good check plus no benefits and no raises. I have read good things about jet blue's schedule system plus I want free travel benefits..heh. I heard they are going to be hiring again in March or April so I will apply and see

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lbsurf in Island Park, New York

34 months ago

MB, do you know if there guna hire for JFK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

I heard they are going to be hiring for LaGuardia in March internally then April after and some people might transfer so spots in surrounding airports would open up (JFK, BOS) I am more so interested in a position at Logan. My family is from Boston, I love the city.

lbsurf in Island Park, New York

34 months ago

Ugh I really want jetblue to hire externally for JFK!!
If anyone hears anything about that please let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lbsurf in Island Park, New York

34 months ago

Ugh I really want jetblue to hire externally for JFK!!

HD in New York, New York

34 months ago

lbsurf in Island Park, New York said: Ugh I really want jetblue to hire externally for JFK!!

They did in December. I applied and just received the email for phone interview.

Lbsurf in Island Park, New York

34 months ago

HD in New York, New York said: They did in December. I applied and just received the email for phone interview.

What? They did? And u just received an email for a fine interview 3 months later?

shannon in Springfield Gardens, New York

32 months ago

Lbsurf in Island Park, New York said: What? They did? And u just received an email for a fine interview 3 months later?

the same was for me to. i applied in December and didn't hear anything until late January. It's now late April and no contact.

michmattsteve@hotmail.com in Syosset, New York

32 months ago

Hi, I worked for TWA for eleven years at JFK airport. I have been through the ups and down. Once TWA was being taken apart pice by piece I decided to go back to school. I am now at the age of 44 proud to say that I am a Speech-Language Pathologist. My memories of TWA will always be with me. I would love to get back into the airline industry because it was such a wonderful time in my life,.

clearskys in Massachusetts

31 months ago

Any JB crewmembers have any information for ground operations? Particularly BOS...everyone enjoy their job and have fun? What's the work ethic like? Do they work as a team? I love working the ramp and currently work for another airline looking to apply with JB because of all the great things I have heard about the company.

beachlover in Export, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

Hey there, any insight? I had an interview for AO and when leaving was told if got an email was probably a TBNT. If got a phone call would be a good thing and would be for the physical test. Well, about 3 days later I got an email but was for an authorization for a background check. Any ideas on what step may be next and how long those may take to process? Think is a step in right direction but not sure what to expect

clearskys in Massachusetts

31 months ago

beachlover in Export, Pennsylvania said: Hey there, any insight? I had an interview for AO and when leaving was told if got an email was probably a TBNT. If got a phone call would be a good thing and would be for the physical test. Well, about 3 days later I got an email but was for an authorization for a background check. Any ideas on what step may be next and how long those may take to process? Think is a step in right direction but not sure what to expect

Did you end up receiving a call for the PAT test yet?

LizBee in Bronx, New York

28 months ago

8/6/12 applied for JB airport op part time at lga.

Lizbee in Bronx, New York

28 months ago

LizBee in Bronx, New York said: 8/6/12 applied for JB airport op part time at lga.

8/16 got an email for automated phone interview...8/20 and waiting to hear from jb
anyone else?

A F

27 months ago

I interviewed 2 months ago for AO crew was offered the position.
The hiring process is VERY slow, I am sure they will want me to work faster than the hiring process.
I also noticed at each level, drug test, background check, finger printing, PAT, there are 6 of us but we were told there are ONLY two positions they are filling.
Is this normal hiring practice for B6?
If so, when will they tell 4 of us thanks but no thanks?
Or will the 4 just go into a file if one of the chosen quit and
Be replacement since we will have past all the screenings ?
Just wondering what others have gone through
Thanks F A

meanwhile in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

huh,I'm in exactly the same situation, wondering same thing

Brooklyn1981 in Brooklyn, New York

27 months ago

Lizbee in Bronx, New York said: 8/16 got an email for automated phone interview...8/20 and waiting to hear from jb
anyone else?

Lizbee, did you ever get a response after the phone interview?

Lizbee in Bronx, New York

27 months ago

Brooklyn1981 in Brooklyn, New York said: Lizbee, did you ever get a response after the phone interview?

Unfortunately no, i wish there were a number i can call to ask questions!! Goodluck Brooklyn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Lizbee in Bronx, New York said: Unfortunately no, i wish there were a number i can call to ask questions!! Goodluck Brooklyn

Did you get a phone interview from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Brooklyn1981 in Brooklyn, New York said: Did you get a phone interview from them?

Yes in august. It wasn't with a recruiter it was an automated "blue phone" interview. 4 short questions about my availability, customer service exp etc. They email you first and show you the questions so you can prepare for the call.

27 months ago

LizBee in Bronx, New York said: Yes in august. It wasn't with a recruiter it was an automated "blue phone" interview. 4 short questions about my availability, customer service exp etc. They email you first and show you the questions so you can prepare for the call.

Oh ok, I heard that they can take their time to contact you so good luck!

27 months ago

Oh yeah they have taken their time =\ thanks!

Vermonter in Jericho, Vermont

26 months ago

Anyone else going to training in Orlando on the 6th? I just got drug tested and got the call to go to training!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bernardette in New York

26 months ago

Vermonter in Jericho, Vermont said: Anyone else going to training in Orlando on the 6th? I just got drug tested and got the call to go to training!

This is for airport operations or flight attendant? I'm guessing you had your f2f already every airport is different.

Vermonter in Jericho, Vermont

26 months ago

airport operations

at Burlington International Airport I have done 3 interviews, 1 phone to computer, 1 phone to JetBlue Recruiter, 1 in person interview. I then did my background check, drug test, and fingerprinted.

November 6 i have a physical aptitude test and training begins november 7th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bernardette in New York

26 months ago

Vermonter in Jericho, Vermont said: airport operations

at Burlington International Airport I have done 3 interviews, 1 phone to computer, 1 phone to JetBlue Recruiter, 1 in person interview. I then did my background check, drug test, and fingerprinted.

November 6 i have a physical aptitude test and training begins november 7th.

Congratulations much success in your new position, I'm still waiting to hear something after my phone interview.

meanwhile in ORD

26 months ago

My time with application for AO JetBlue position:
08/15 applied on-line
08/17 phone interview
08/23 F2F interview
08/27 got an email that the third company had started my background check, with the final report 2 and a half weeks later
09/14 finger prints
09/25 PAT test
10/29 TYBNTY email, stated: "Due to an overwhelming applicant response and limited openings, we are unable to offer you a
position at this time. Upon meeting with you, we find that your work experience and
qualifications are notable and we would like to keep your application on file for at least six
months for possible consideration should future positions become available."

In overall - they do take their time, but it was a good experience, very disappointed I didn't make it tough. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lady Isyss in San Jose, California

19 months ago

mrtico in Carolina, Puerto Rico said: I applied for AO in SJU recently. on 8/29 after passing all the interviews (phone, group and 1 on 1) got called for the PAT, Background Check and Drug Test. Went through everything. After waiting a month and a half, decided to contact them. Got told that they were waiting for approval of the positions and that as soon as a position is available they would be in touch. So I guess No News is Good News. Hopefully I do get called soon for the position.

Did they ever call you

rluciani in Bronx, New York

18 months ago

Would love apply but what is the pay?

day to all applicants ( they always ask a group of 40 applicants to come in.) that's why you want to be early so you the first ones to get tested and get it out of the way. While all of this is
happening they will ask a group of 4 or 5 applicants to go in for the interview they will ask 3 questions piece of cake just a big piece of advice BE YOURSELF nothing else matters they will also ask you once again why you want to work for JB and to tell them a piece of information about the company so make your research after you done with the interview part they take to a room to give you a presentation of the position and the company and they will ask you to introduce yourself and/or your partner dont worry another piece of cake just be yourself. After that the waiting game begins if you were disqualified they will notify you within a week if you dont hear anything for a couple of weeks dont worry no news are good news!!!!!

ALL THE STAFF IS VERY NICE, PROFESSIONAL AND FRIENDLY .
GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW.

zandra rivera in San Juan, Puerto Rico

18 months ago

I would like to see how do I go about for training as an agent ticket. If I qualify please inform me what can I do to obtain this position, or training. Zandraivette @hotmail.com. I'm interested in a position of agent tikects in Puerto Rico if I need to know more information please do care to inform me. Thank you

princessblonde03 in Hackensack, New Jersey

15 months ago

I just applied for the Airport Operations Crew position. It is a part-time seasonal position. Does anyone know how long you could be working for them on a seasonal basis and if it is possible to get onboard on a permanent basis? Do they offer medical insurance to part-time seasonal positions?

Any other information anyone can share about the position would be greatly appreciated.

B6AOtobe in Cambridge, Massachusetts

15 months ago

I applied in early Sept. Just got CJO and am going to A/O Class in the Beginning of October. Is anyone else on the forum going?

jonah80 in Everett, Massachusetts

15 months ago

I applied in August and found out last week I got accepted into the A/O orientation and training the beginning of Oct. Looking forward to what I have in store and passing the classes to start in BOS.

B6AOtobe in Boston, Massachusetts

15 months ago

Hi jonah80,

Were you at the group interview on 9/6 at the Hampton Inn? I know they took several of us from that group.
Nice to know there is someone else going to Training.

B6AOtobe

princessblonde03 in Northern New Jersey

15 months ago

For those who interviewed, what was the interview process like? I applied but I have not heard anything since I submitted my application.

B6AOtobe in Boston, Massachusetts

15 months ago

For me it was a submission of my resume/initial application, followed by a reverse phone interview, which was recording my answers to recorded scenarios. Then I was asked to a group interview. After the group interview, I was asked to go to Logan for drug screening, fingerprinting and a background check was run.
I got a call inviting me to training after the back ground check was finished.

15 months ago

B6AOtobe in Boston, Massachusetts said: Hi jonah80,

Were you at the group interview on 9/6 at the Hampton Inn? I know they took several of us from that group.
Nice to know there is someone else going to Training.

B6AOtobe

B6AOtobe... I was at the group interview on 9.6 at the Hampton Inn. I got all the documentation today for the flights and the orientation / training. I am really excited about this just not about getting to BOS for an 8 am flight. Are you on that as well? All my correspondence with B6 has been through email.

B6AOtobe in Cambridge, Massachusetts

15 months ago

jonah80 in Everett, Massachusetts said: B6AOtobe... I was at the group interview on 9.6 at the Hampton Inn. I got all the documentation today for the flights and the orientation / training. I am really excited about this just not about getting to BOS for an 8 am flight. Are you on that as well? All my correspondence with B6 has been through email.

Yes! I am on the 8 am flight too!

Are you the person who graduated with the hospitality degree?

I wonder if there are any more of us besides the ones on the 8 am flight...

B6AOtobe

15 months ago

B6AOtobe in Cambridge, Massachusetts said: Yes! I am on the 8 am flight too!

Are you the person who graduated with the hospitality degree?

I wonder if there are any more of us besides the ones on the 8 am flight...

B6AOtobe

I went to JWU so that could be me... I am not sure if its just us or if more are coming throughout the day. Hopefully stuff near the hotel to keep us busy besides the pre-work info book. I have to go back to school shopping before I go down for pens and paper and such. HAHAHA

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.