Jet Blue F/A Information?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 22409)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

de in Chattanooga, Tennessee

90 months ago

Joanne, Chandler said: David, I was also there,remember your neighbor? My application status said"under consideration" until I called to get an answer,last Monday. I never received anything,and the Reqruiter said the system has been down?I didn't get invited to training, did you?

Not yet; but I understand that as long as under consideration is still your status you are still being considered. There were many people there. I called also and was told you can only wait for an answer. So, I am still waiting. I do have an interview with Comair, so I hope I hear something before that interview. Did we ride the train over to interview together w/another female candidate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David in Chandler, Arizona

90 months ago

Joanne, Chandler said: David, I was also there,remember your neighbor? My application status said"under consideration" until I called to get an answer,last Monday. I never received anything,and the Reqruiter said the system has been down?I didn't get invited to training, did you?

Hello Joanne. I remember you very well. No, I was not invited, however, like de, neither did I receive a decline e-mail as they indicated you would at the presentation and still have the "under consideration" status on my application as of this time. I e-mailed Hanan in recruitment for clarification but as yet have not received a response. I will keep you both posted if anything changes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joanne, Chandler

90 months ago

David in Chandler, Arizona said: Hello Joanne. I remember you very well. No, I was not invited, however, like de, neither did I receive a decline e-mail as they indicated you would at the presentation and still have the "under consideration" status on my application as of this time. I e-mailed Hanan in recruitment for clarification but as yet have not received a response. I will keep you both posted if anything changes.
David and De, When I finally got a hold of Hanan(I asked a Staffer to track her down), that is when she told me sorry. She said it was nice to meet me though and the rejection email came the next day. I did compose an email to Jet Blue recruitment to let them know how frustrating it was not to hear anything. I know they are interested in portraying a positive image so I hope they will contact all of you that are waiting. I have an interview with Alaska on Wednesday and have been exceptionally pleased with their timely responses both by email and personal phone call.
De I took a taxi to Jet Blue Hdqrtrs. Good luck to both of you! You are both special! remember that.. if you don't get chosen!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tiffany in Farmington, Michigan

90 months ago

hey everybody can sombody please tell me what to espect for my phone interview? northwest r calling me tomorow for a phone interview n i want to what kind of questions they will be asking me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

francesco in Lake Mary, Florida

89 months ago

does anyone know the email to jetblue inflight recruitment? i have hanan's email, but she either doesnt get the emails or she doesnt respond, so if anyone knows the email of any of the other recruiters please let me know. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

starr217 in Newtown, Connecticut

89 months ago

They asked me to come in on Sat the 16th, for an open house, does anyone know how long the open house runs for? I have to work at night...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nada in Brick, New Jersey

89 months ago

Karen in Utica, New York said: I spoke with Jet Blue regarding Thanksgiving and I was told that the Hotel where we are staying will be providing us with a Thanksgiving dinner. We have class on Friday and I'm sure you can only imagine how busy air travel is for that holiday. It will be the first time ever that I am away from my family on Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to making friends and having a nice dinner together with them! Looking forward to meeting you on the 6th!

KAREN!!! What happened? Please tell me the news I heard is not correct?
Call me my # is on the sheet.
Nada

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Orlando, Florida

89 months ago

starr217 in Newtown, Connecticut said: They asked me to come in on Sat the 16th, for an open house, does anyone know how long the open house runs for? I have to work at night...

I got invited to one on thursday the 20th. please let me know how yours went.

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida

89 months ago

Hi, I filed the on line application three weeks ago and received an email this past friday to call this Monday to schedule an interview time this Thursday. in Orlando.

Any idea of format for interview. Is it one-on-one, or do you meet with different HR people and get a majority to vote you through and is that the extent of interview process?

Good luck to all who made it so far and I hope to see you in the skies on a 320 Airbus.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanuka and Quanza.

Peter

Audra

89 months ago

I just went to the open house in NY on 15Dec07. So many people showed up that the staff was overwhelmed. Most of us were there for 4-5 hours. There was a 45 min powerpoint presentation about the company followed by a group interview. Several of us were then finger printed & drug tested. It was definitely fun and I'm looking forward to a career with Jet Blue!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Audra said: I just went to the open house in NY on 15Dec07. So many people showed up that the staff was overwhelmed. Most of us were there for 4-5 hours. There was a 45 min powerpoint presentation about the company followed by a group interview. Several of us were then finger printed & drug tested. It was definitely fun and I'm looking forward to a career with Jet Blue!

Thanks, good luck to you. I just phoned NY for a time slot had to leave a message hope they get back to me.

89 months ago

Hi everyone, need some feedback.

It is now 1720 Monday and as instructed in an email I called NY in an attempt to schedule an interview In Orlando 12/20. I left three messages scattered throughout the day and as of yet I have not heard back from Jet Blue either by email or phone. The email informs me to call NY Monday/Tuesday. My question is this, if I still do not receive instructions by Wednesday night I am thinking I should attend the interview session anyway whithout an actual scheduled appointment as this position is exactly want I want and very important to me.

Any feedback on that idea being a good one or bad.

Have a great day.

Peter

Francesco in Lake Mary, Florida

89 months ago

Hey Peter. I know exactly how you feel, i'm in the same boat as you. I called at least 6 times today and i left a message and i have not heard back from the recruiter. I sent her an email letting her know that i will be attending. So i'm going to just show up on Thursday. I will try several times tomorrow. I want this just as bad as you, we just have to be positive. Good luck to you! and let me know if she calls back! she is a very hard person to get a hold off, i've had previouse experience with her. let me know what happens!

89 months ago

Francesco in Lake Mary, Florida said: Hey Peter. I know exactly how you feel, i'm in the same boat as you. I called at least 6 times today and i left a message and i have not heard back from the recruiter. I sent her an email letting her know that i will be attending. So i'm going to just show up on Thursday. I will try several times tomorrow. I want this just as bad as you, we just have to be positive. Good luck to you! and let me know if she calls back! she is a very hard person to get a hold off, i've had previouse experience with her. let me know what happens!

Hi Francesco,

Best of luck to you as well. Looks like I will see you Thursday. I will do as you did and respond by email of my intention to be present Thursday.

jenny m in Eatontown, New Jersey

89 months ago

i attended the "job fair" on saturday the 15th. on-star messed me up with directions and i was a bit late. i did not allow the sign in front to deter me from getting in to see someone. i actually spoke to hanan and she had given me her card with her phone number on it. i called this morning as per her request and wondering if anyone knows another way of communication with her. does anyone know when the next training session is? wondering if i still had time to get in before the next training in orlando.

89 months ago

francesco in Lake Mary, Florida said: does anyone know the email to jetblue inflight recruitment? i have hanan's email, but she either doesnt get the emails or she doesnt respond, so if anyone knows the email of any of the other recruiters please let me know. Thanks!

Francesco,
I took your advice and left a message Monday that I would be at the Orlando Session. This am I called again and left a message and two hours later Jet Blue called and confirmed me for 10am........hang in and let me know when they call....lets compare notes of what happens.

Have a great day
Peter

89 months ago

hey, i havent gotten a call yet. I'm so anxious. Do you know the name of the person who called you? What did they say? I called allready twice today, but i havent left a message cause i have no idea what to say cause i already left a message yesterday. well let me know.

89 months ago

I called today and Hanan returned my phone call in less than 10 minutes. My appointment time is Thursday at 11am. Hope to see you there.

89 months ago

Elizabeth in Orlando, Florida said: I called today and Hanan returned my phone call in less than 10 minutes. My appointment time is Thursday at 11am. Hope to see you there.

hello elizabeth! do you have any other communication method with hanan? am i correct in saying the next training session is in orlando on the 20th? she instructed me to call her and i did...3x's today without a response. a bit more info would be great!

Bridget in Durham, North Carolina

89 months ago

Has anyone been through training in Orlando? If so, what is it like? Do you get weekends off? Also, has anyone been on reserve yet? What is that like? How often do you have to be at your home base?
Thanks.

89 months ago

Nada in Brick, New Jersey said: Just curious did you make it? I got the email and info a couple of days ago. I leave for orlando on the 6th. How about you? let me know this way we can meet up at the hotel. Nada

How is training? Do you know what reserve will be like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

i finally talked to hanan..and my appointment is at 12pm! hope to see u gys there!

89 months ago

jenny m in Eatontown, New Jersey said: hello elizabeth! do you have any other communication method with hanan? am i correct in saying the next training session is in orlando on the 20th? she instructed me to call her and i did...3x's today without a response. a bit more info would be great!

I just called to get an appt. on the job fair day. I don't have any other info. sorry.

Audra

89 months ago

jenny m in Eatontown, New Jersey said: hello elizabeth! do you have any other communication method with hanan? am i correct in saying the next training session is in orlando on the 20th? she instructed me to call her and i did...3x's today without a response. a bit more info would be great!

You can reach Hanan via email at Hanan.Eltaher@jetblue.com

Good luck! I'm waiting to hear if I'm going to training on the 9th.

89 months ago

Is the next training starting on Jan. 9th?

Audra

89 months ago

There's one the 9th and one the 23rd. There's another one or two for Feb, but I don't have those dates. Apparently Jet Blue is looking to hire A LOT of inflight crew members. Each training class should have approx 80 people in it.

89 months ago

Audra said: There's one the 9th and one the 23rd. There's another one or two for Feb, but I don't have those dates. Apparently Jet Blue is looking to hire A LOT of inflight crew members. Each training class should have approx 80 people in it.

hey guys! thanks for the info. audra, how did you find out the training dates? hanan did call me back finally and i have to call back by the end of the week. i was wondering if there is a site i can keep eye on during this process

Audra

89 months ago

Jenny,

I was at the open house on Saturday in NY. The first 45 minutes was a presentation about the company. Lots of good info. Jet Blue looks like a fun comapany to work for. They're not stuffy. They're real and down to earth. Are you going to Orlando for an interview?

89 months ago

Francesco email me at ltpbk@yahoo.com when you get a chance. It is 1720 Tuesday and I will be in until 1800

Peter

89 months ago

Bridget in Durham, North Carolina said: How is training? Do you know what reserve will be like?

Hi Bridget,
Training is hard and by no means easy. It is not a party nor is it a social gathering. You're days consist of going to class and study, study. The staff at JBU are awesome people. If you follow the rules and study you will be fine.
Reserve is interesting. You never know where you are going. Flexibility is the main objective untill you become a line holder. The job is a awesome experience and you make many friends. Hope this helps and good luck to all of you out there!!! Jet Blue is a wonderful company with wonderful people working for them. I hope to be flying with many of you in the future! Nada

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey

89 months ago

Nada in Brick, New Jersey said: Hi Bridget,
Training is hard and by no means easy. It is not a party nor is it a social gathering. You're days consist of going to class and study, study. The staff at JBU are awesome people. If you follow the rules and study you will be fine.
Reserve is interesting. You never know where you are going. Flexibility is the main objective until you become a line holder. The job is a awesome experience and you make many friends. Hope this helps and good luck to all of you out there!!! Jet Blue is a wonderful company with wonderful people working for them. I hope to be flying with many of you in the future! Nada

NADA:
How long is the reserve for JetBlue?
When you do hold a line are the Jr lines
four day trip lines or can you bid for turn lines?

I've been reserve for Continental before.
Just wondering if JetBlue is similar.

You are correct! JetBlue is an outstanding airline! Feel proud!!!!

89 months ago

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey said: NADA:
How long is the reserve for JetBlue?
When you do hold a line are the Jr lines
four day trip lines or can you bid for turn lines?

I've been reserve for Continental before.
Just wondering if JetBlue is similar.

You are correct! JetBlue is an outstanding airline! Feel proud!!!!

Hello,
They told us to expect being on reserve for at least 1.5- 2 years? Which is not long at all. That may change depending on how many new hires pass training. Jet blue plans on holding many training classes in 2008. Jan alone will be 2 classes at 80+ each. As far as the line is concerned you can bid on you're trips. The awards are based on seniority. You are right Jet Blue is a wonderful company with wonderful people working for them. I am proud in being a jet blue inflight crew member. I wish you luck and know you would be happy working for Jet Blue! So come on board! What are you waiting for?

89 months ago

NADA: Sounds like you'll have about a year on reserve. When I was at Continental lines became available after 8 months. (we were also told about a year to year and half)
So you may get a line sooner than you think! Which is great.

I applied with JetBlue about three days ago. Interesting application process.
The print is so tiny. Had to 'really' pay attention. I'm waiting to be contacted. I expect it will take about a week or so.

I see that you live in Brick.
How is getting to JFK for you?
Do you drive or use other means to arrive?

At CAL I had two hours to show.
However, scheduling never cold called me.
I always knew my trip the night before.
That made being on reserve almost like holding a line. I bid for my days off
for during the week, sometimes I would
get released early into days off.

89 months ago

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey said: NADA: Sounds like you'll have about a year on reserve. When I was at Continental lines became available after 8 months. (we were also told about a year to year and half)
So you may get a line sooner than you think! Which is great.

I applied with JetBlue about three days ago. Interesting application process.
The print is so tiny. Had to 'really' pay attention. I'm waiting to be contacted. I expect it will take about a week or so.

I see that you live in Brick.
How is getting to JFK for you?
Do you drive or use other means to arrive?

At CAL I had two hours to show.
However, scheduling never cold called me.
I always knew my trip the night before.
That made being on reserve almost like holding a line. I bid for my days off
for during the week, sometimes I would
get released early into days off.

Good luck to you! I waited about 8 days before they contacted me. Don't worry they explain everything to you in detail. In the end you know everything and it is better than other airlines. I hope you're right about the reserve? I drive into JFK. Takes about 2 hours. JB also has a 2 hour show time. It works the same at JB as it did for you at cal. You know what you're trips are the night before. You also bid for you're days off each month. The system seems to be the same. I hope to see you in the crew lounge next year. Nada

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Dear Nada,
Thank you so much for your response. I am older, so I don't mind about the no partying!! I have three kids and just wonder how the reserve will work. They are all supportive and they have a great dad who is willing to step up, except for cooking! If you get a chance and would like to tell me a little bit more about reserve and how it is working for you, I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time and advice!

89 months ago

Nada in Brick, New Jersey said: Good luck to you! I waited about 8 days before they contacted me. Don't worry they explain everything to you in detail. In the end you know everything and it is better than other airlines. I hope you're right about the reserve? I drive into JFK. Takes about 2 hours. JB also has a 2 hour show time. It works the same at JB as it did for you at cal. You know what you're trips are the night before. You also bid for you're days off each month. The system seems to be the same. I hope to see you in the crew lounge next year. Nada

Thanks for even more information. It sounds like you know what you will be doing the night before, so I can get to my base from RDU without spending a lot of time waiting at the "crashpad". Also, that we can pick our days off for the month and at least know what they are. I think they said you get 12 days off a month? Is that what you were told?
Thanks again for all of the input. It really helps.

89 months ago

Bridget in Durham, North Carolina said: Thanks for even more information. It sounds like you know what you will be doing the night before, so I can get to my base from RDU without spending a lot of time waiting at the "crashpad". Also, that we can pick our days off for the month and at least know what they are. I think they said you get 12 days off a month? Is that what you were told?
Thanks again for all of the input. It really helps.

Hi Again, Yes you get 12 days off per month. Just so you know sometimes you may not get all the days off as requested. They tell you the night before if you have a trip, airport standby or home standby. Jet Blue is a wonderful company to work for and they CARE about there employees. As a mother myself with a husband who by the way learned how to cook I understand you're concerns. Don't worry! Good luck to you! Nada
PS Advice for Hubby. Coming from my hubby. The phone is the life saver regarding cooking. All you do is dial and ask "hello do you deliver" Saves alot of time!

Audra

89 months ago

Nada,

Just curious...have you been on airport standby and NOT been called into work from there? I read that you live 2 hours away. Long way to drive NOT to work. I'm waiting to hear from JB about the Jan 9 class. Hopefully everything checks out and I get in. Any other info you'd like to share would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Audra

89 months ago

Hi All,

Just had a group interview today 1000hrs in Orlando. Wanted to wish all candidates the best of luck and let those still are waiting that you will meet three of the nicest women who were friendly, unpretentious and informative. I have no doubt that Jet Blue is the place to be for a wonderful working experience. I can only hope I did well enough to make the next phase.

Best of luck to all of you and Merry Christmas.

Have a great day, Peter

89 months ago

Good luck Peter! I hope you get it!!!!!!

89 months ago

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey said: Good luck Peter! I hope you get it!!!!!!

Thank you very much....Merry Christmas

E in Lutz, Florida

89 months ago

Peter,
I also was in the 10:00 interview. You are so right about the ladies who did the interviewing---what a great group. I too am now convinced that Jet Blue is the company to work for!

89 months ago

Nada in Brick, New Jersey said: Hi Again, Yes you get 12 days off per month. Just so you know sometimes you may not get all the days off as requested. They tell you the night before if you have a trip, airport standby or home standby. Jet Blue is a wonderful company to work for and they CARE about there employees. As a mother myself with a husband who by the way learned how to cook I understand you're concerns. Don't worry! Good luck to you! Nada
PS Advice for Hubby. Coming from my hubby. The phone is the life saver regarding cooking. All you do is dial and ask "hello do you deliver" Saves alot of time!

Hi Nada, One more question, when you are at training do you get to go home for the weekend or are you there for the 3 weeks?
Thanks again!

E in Lutz, Florida

89 months ago

Peter,
Did anyone in your group get finger printed yesterday?

jen in Eatontown, New Jersey

89 months ago

can ANYONE out there please give me any information regarding additional contacts beyond that of hanan that i can speak to regarding employment based in NY. i have repeatedly attempted to contact hanan to no avail after she had given me her business card and direct phone #. hanan stated that there are many interviews and training sessions coming up but for some reason....no one is calling me back. frushtration is setting in...please advise...

89 months ago

as far as i know, her direct phone number is the best way of contacting her. i know its hard, but she's very busy..she was just in orlando yesterday, so im sure she's probably busy. so just give it time..im sure she'll call u back! shes very hard to get a hold of!

Karen in Utica, New York

89 months ago

Bridget,

Please e-mail me at momofffm@aol.com. I am a mother of three also and went through training at Jet Blue University. It was an awesome experience, very very intense! I would love to share some insight with you!

89 months ago

E in Lutz, Florida said: Peter,
Did anyone in your group get finger printed yesterday?

Not to my knowledge..were people in other groups printed????

89 months ago

francesco in Lake Mary, Florida said: as far as i know, her direct phone number is the best way of contacting her. i know its hard, but she's very busy..she was just in orlando yesterday, so im sure she's probably busy. so just give it time..im sure she'll call u back! shes very hard to get a hold of!

Hi francesco,

How did yoy feel it went?

Sorry I didn't introduce myself but I needed to have some lunch and head back home.

Did anyone get printed/medical or anything to indicate that may have a leg up on others?

89 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hi francesco,

How did yoy feel it went?

Sorry I didn't introduce myself but I needed to have some lunch and head back home.

Did anyone get printed/medical or anything to indicate that may have a leg up on others?

Peter how do you think you did?
Did hey give any heads up to when you will know for sure?
Is this your first choice or have you applied to others?
I've been reading articles about JetBlue
and they are all positive.
It amazing that they consider JetBlue a
low cost carrier.... However they have the best customer service and the NICEST FAs. I have an application in fro JetBlue since the 17th. I know, it hasn't been much time.. so I am waiting to see if I get a call from them.
The automated phone call: Does it call me or do I call back a number?

Hope you hear great news!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.