Jet Blue F/A Information?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11951 to 12000 of 22532)
Page:  « First « Previous   237  238  239  240  241  242  243  Next »   Last »

jetlagged mainliner in San Francisco, California

49 months ago

jetlagged mainliner in San Francisco, California said: I am 59 and just got hired - about 35% of our class was over 45. JB values experience - many retired or experienced firefighters, police officers, military and other airline folks are being hired.

<sorry...I meant over 35...just got in from a triple redeye when I wrote this...>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

followmydream in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey

49 months ago

jetlagged mainliner in San Francisco, California said: <sorry...I meant over 35...just got in from a triple redeye when I wrote this...>

Is Jetblue hiring flightcrew now as I looked on their website and couldn't find anything?

Mz Nina in Pleasantville, New Jersey

49 months ago

Hi Followmydreams,
please make a profile on their website and sign up for email notification.They often close the job fairly quickly!We just missed their job posting 4 days ago.Are you a girl or guy?We can be freiends!;]

halfsky in Cornelius, North Carolina

49 months ago

jetlagged mainliner in San Francisco, California said: I am 59 and just got hired - about 35% of our class was over 45. JB values experience - many retired or experienced firefighters, police officers, military and other airline folks are being hired.

What a great post! I am nearing 50 and have applied. I have past US Air experiance..did ur class have airline experience?

kbee in Binghamton, New York

49 months ago

halfsky in Cornelius, North Carolina said: What a great post! I am nearing 50 and have applied. I have past US Air experiance..did ur class have airline experience?

Good thing none of us "old Broods" applied with Southwest!!! There is one pilot that would be very unhappy!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

alli in New York, New York

49 months ago

so what of the people who applied and got the employee reference request email? since some people that also applied already got phone call interviews does that mean others are out of the running?

Up in the Air in San Ramon, California

49 months ago

It's a good thing to have a mix of people...age, nationality, personality...speaking for myself anyway, there will be no maternity leave! And I will get another retirement too someday AND have an income source. EYES WIDE OPEN!! Good luck young and us old grannies...lol!! (nowhere near a gramma...just sayin'!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

flight in Richmond, Virginia

49 months ago

RSand in Indianapolis, Indiana said: For those who recently applied...

I applied back in September '10 and was not contacted until May. When I was contacted I was sent an email asking me to do the recorded phone interview and then received an email asking me to attend Blue Blitz (the interview). I was not able to attend, so I had to reply back via email. After replying back that I could not attend Blue Blitz this is the email I received:

"Good afternoon,

At this time we have filled our open Inflight Crew positions for the spring classes. We will be posting the Inflight Crew position in June to begin our recruiting efforts for the fall classes. You are eligible to apply again for those positions. If you wish to do so, you may set up an email alert to inform yourself when the position window opens. Simply log in to your profile. From My Recruitment Dashboard, under the Find Opportunities section, click the ‘Notify Me about Opportunities’ link. In the drop down list, click the desired interest group. You can only choose one from the list (Inflight). Click the Save button. Notifications will be sent to the e-mail address on your profile. If you wish to stop receiving these notifications, return to this list and select None.

Thank you for your continued enthusiasm and interest in the Inflight Crew position, and please don’t give up on becoming part of the jetBlue family!"

I hope this helps some of you better understand the process and what's currently going on with the hiring.

Thanks so much. This is really helpful!

Also for those worried about age I would say you have no worries. I was just on a flight recently that had not one but two flight attendants who were in their 60's and they were great!

Zappin!! in Holden, Massachusetts

49 months ago

Hey everyone :) Just wanted to say hi because I also applied for the crew position on the 18th. Haven't heard anything yet but definitely will post once I hear more!

Several of my friends just graduated from the May class and a few before that too so hopefully something will come up soon for us!

chriz in New York, New York

49 months ago

alli in New York, New York said: so what of the people who applied and got the employee reference request email? since some people that also applied already got phone call interviews does that mean others are out of the running?

yeah anyone else apply and get that email and then what???

49 months ago

chriz in New York, New York said: yeah anyone else apply and get that email and then what???

Every person who applies at jetblue is sent 2 emails: the first is the confirmation and the 2nd is the one that you can forward to other jetblue employees for a reference. You don't have to, but if you know someone who works for jetblue and is willing to write a reference for you, it helps you get hired. They just have to click that link, log in and write about you and it goes into your application file.

Flyboi in Covington, Ohio

49 months ago

Am I the only person who applied this weekend that had a phone interview and got passed over? :(

L. in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

I think a lot of people are being misled by the current hiring trend. Jet Blue does not always hire this quickly. When this hiring 'frenzy" started and I was contacted to attend the BB in May I had applied in September of last year.
It may take a few days, it may take a year before they contact anyone for an interview you just have to wait and see.
You also can't judge your experience by anyone elses because it seems they do things on an individual basis. Many people who get invited to BB never have a phone interview I was one of them. When they were inviting applicants even that process was different some people had to fill out an additional online questionaire, some did a phome interview and some like me simply got an invitation.
Use these forums as a guide to what CAN happen not what WILL happen and be patient they hire when they hire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

L. in Los Angeles, California said: I think a lot of people are being misled by the current hiring trend. Jet Blue does not always hire this quickly. When this hiring 'frenzy" started and I was contacted to attend the BB in May I had applied in September of last year.
It may take a few days, it may take a year before they contact anyone for an interview you just have to wait and see.
You also can't judge your experience by anyone elses because it seems they do things on an individual basis. Many people who get invited to BB never have a phone interview I was one of them. When they were inviting applicants even that process was different some people had to fill out an additional online questionaire, some did a phome interview and some like me simply got an invitation.
Use these forums as a guide to what CAN happen not what WILL happen and be patient they hire when they hire.

Well said............

49 months ago

kbee in Binghamton, New York said: Well said............

Thank you :)

Up in the Air in Long Beach, California

49 months ago

Flyboi in Covington, Ohio said: Am I the only person who applied this weekend that had a phone interview and got passed over? :(

Did you call the recruiters to see what criteria you needed to pass qualifications? There must be something in general that was noticed on your app....passport, legal right to work in U.S., not old enough, etc. etc... It just seems to me a disqual. is not the same as a not most competitive or thanks but no thanks. It may just be something you can take care of and try again.

hello sky in Hammond, Louisiana

49 months ago

Shanester,

When on Reserve, you don't have the option of dropping reserve days or picking up trips right? I believe it was said tht you may could trade reserve days with other reserve FA's.

49 months ago

Up in the Air in Long Beach, California said: Did you call the recruiters to see what criteria you needed to pass qualifications? There must be something in general that was noticed on your app....passport, legal right to work in U.S., not old enough, etc. etc... It just seems to me a disqual. is not the same as a not most competitive or thanks but no thanks. It may just be something you can take care of and try again.

Flyboi: What do you mean by passed over did you get a rejection letter?
I would never call a recruiter and ask why I was passed over that comes across as a bit adolescent and certainly unprofessional. No employer has to have a reason for not giving you a job they can simply not like you is that what you want them to tell you?
Getting a phone interview does not mean anything, it doesn't even mean you are under consideration. As has been mentioned many times you can even receive an emailasking if you're available for BB and then not be officially invited. Don't worry or wonder about anything ever until you get an official invite or official rejection.

Up in the Air in San Ramon, California

49 months ago

I believe there was a misunderstanding in my former post. In an earlier posting, Flyboi mentioned he got an email stating he was disqualified. I have not gotten this email but was trying to say (like another poster on this forum) that perhaps it is something regarding the main qualifications as listed: ie passport, min age, whatever. I was trying to help him understand that disqualified may be different from unqualified or even not most qualified. I do not know for certain and I do not work for JB, only giving an opinion and making him feel better about pursuing a career with JB. Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion, but this forum is about having a voice. I can assure you I am not an adolescent and believe that opinion is rather harsh. Good luck Flyboi!!

Shanester in Boston, Massachusetts

49 months ago

hello sky in Hammond, Louisiana said: Shanester,

When on Reserve, you don't have the option of dropping reserve days or picking up trips right? I believe it was said tht you may could trade reserve days with other reserve FA's.

Yes you can PTO or UTO reserve days as long as the PTO/UTO grid was in the green. You can swap with other flight attendants as I have done that when on reserve and you can pick up trips on your days off if you like too, as long as it doesn't conflict with your reserve days or legalities.

49 months ago

Thanks Shanester.

49 months ago

Up in the Air in San Ramon, California said: I believe there was a misunderstanding in my former post. In an earlier posting, Flyboi mentioned he got an email stating he was disqualified. I have not gotten this email but was trying to say (like another poster on this forum) that perhaps it is something regarding the main qualifications as listed: ie passport, min age, whatever. I was trying to help him understand that disqualified may be different from unqualified or even not most qualified. I do not know for certain and I do not work for JB, only giving an opinion and making him feel better about pursuing a career with JB. Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion, but this forum is about having a voice. I can assure you I am not an adolescent and believe that opinion is rather harsh. Good luck Flyboi!!

I'm sorry if you misunderstood or took offense but I did not call YOU adolescent I said to call a potential employer to ask why they didn't want to hire you would come across as adolescent and unprofessional.
What if you called and they said because we didn't want to. I'm sure the forum would light up with how unprofessional it would be for JB to give that as a response, therefore it would be just as unprofessional to ask.
Now, there have been times that I have heard in a face to face interview after a person is rejected on site to ask how can I improve my interview technique to improve my chances in the future but I would not call a busy recruiter and tie them up to ask that question.
I didn't see that Flyboi got a rejection letter which is why I asked if he had received one at the beginning of my post.
Once again I'm sorry if you were offended and my comment stands although it wasn't directed at you but at the idea of doing such a thing.

Up in the Air in Long Beach, California

49 months ago

Hi, L. No offense taken. It was just misunderstanding. I do agree that I would NOT call recruiters for anything at the moment. Anyway, I wish us all luck here and hopefully we can all work well together in the near future!!

JOSE in Forest Hills, New York

49 months ago

halfsky in Cornelius, North Carolina said: What a great post! I am nearing 50 and have applied. I have past US Air experiance..did ur class have airline experience?

They want experience dealing with the public, and they are fairly flexible about what kind of public contact that can be. Most of the questions deal with how you provided outstanding customer service or how you dealt with a difficult customer.

I would assume that somebody who spent their whole life working in an office with no public contact experience would not be considered unless they had relevant qualifications in some other way.

120304 in Stoughton, Massachusetts

49 months ago

Hello, I am wondering if any current JB FAs can give any insight into how easy/difficult it is to actually use your flight benefits. I have a husband and 2 kids and hope some day to be able to travel with them. I am not currently working for JB, but was offered a position as an AO in BOS late last year, but due to really bad timing (Christmas and family member illness), I had to decline the position. I understand that there a quite a few factors that would play into flying standby, but am curious if anyone has any personal experience or if you have any knowledge on employee standbys. Obviously I wouldn't try to go to the Caribbean at Christmas, but would try to fly off days at off times. Impossible or unlikely for a family of four to fly standby together? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, not the same as an FA position, but to give some insight, I originally applied for the AO position online on Aug 31 of last year, was sent an email to call the recruiter in mid October, had a phone interview, was then sent an email to go to a group interview in late October - went through drug testing, fingerprints, etc., and was then offered the position the day after Thanksgiving, so I think not hearing anything right away is not necessarily a negative sign. Hope this helps a bit!

JOSE in Richmond Hill, New York

49 months ago

jetlagged mainliner in San Francisco, California said: <sorry...I meant over 35...just got in from a triple redeye when I wrote this...>

Average age of flight attendants these days is in their 40s, so it's no great surprise that many were over 35. That's young.

49 months ago

Hi, I'm not a flight attendant but I'm a gate agent for another airline. We have a codeshare with jetBlue so I've flown standby on B6 like 300 times. As you know, jetblue doesn't overbook flights so if people don't show up, it could be your lucky day! You can check flight loads online too. I've flown to SJU a day before new years (and the next year right on new years) without getting bumped. Last March I flew to SXM and there were like 20 something open seats each way. I guess March isn't really busy season there but the weather was beautiful and it was still cold in MA :) Maybe if you make the kids do homework on the flight you can take them out of school for a week :D If you want to go during the school vacations I'd go a few days before school is out (when we flew down after the vacationers had been there for a few days flights had like 10 seats open) and either head back 2 days before or after everyone else will be returning home.

If you work in AO for jetBlue you are allowed to sit in the jumpseat while your family takes 3 open seats.

Obviously experiences will vary but in my opinion, it's WAY easier than flying standby on Delta. There are more direct destinations on B6 so you don't have 85 employees trying to get out of a hub or something stupid like that! And again, you can sit in the jump seats! That's like 3 or 4 extra seats right there!

Ari in New York, New York

49 months ago

[QUOTE who="Zappin!! in Holden, Massachusetts"

If you work in AO for jetBlue you are allowed to sit in the jumpseat while your family takes 3 open seats.

Obviously experiences will vary but in my opinion, it's WAY easier than flying standby on Delta. There are more direct destinations on B6 so you don't have 85 employees trying to get out of a hub or something stupid like that! And again, you can sit in the jump seats! That's like 3 or 4 extra seats right there!

Hey. No, not anymore only inflight crew and flight crew can sit on the jumpseat meaning only pilots and flight attendants and only who works for JetBlue.. JetBlue got a penalty for letting people sit on the jumpseat. This new rule is by FAR.. It's a regulation by FAA.

49 months ago

Ari in New York, New York said: [QUOTE who="Zappin!! in Holden, Massachusetts"

Hey. No, not anymore only inflight crew and flight crew can sit on the jumpseat meaning only pilots and flight attendants and only who works for JetBlue.. JetBlue got a penalty for letting people sit on the jumpseat. This new rule is by FAR.. It's a regulation by FAA.

oops! Didn't know that changed :/

halfsky in Manasses, Virginia

48 months ago

hey Shanester, awesome to see you got in at JB..Im from Mooresville! Email me if you could be so kind in me asking you a few questions! S.Smith@mac.com

JOSE in Elmhurst, New York

48 months ago

kbee in Binghamton, New York said: Good thing none of us "old Broods" applied with Southwest!!! There is one pilot that would be very unhappy!!!

Oh we have a few of that kind too...and we have plenty of gays and grannies to irritate them.

You just can't let people like that get to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

JOSE in Elmhurst, New York said: Oh we have a few of that kind too...and we have plenty of gays and grannies to irritate them.

You just can't let people like that get to you.

jetBlue has TONS of extremely attractive gay flight attendants hehe!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JOSE in Kew Gardens, New York

48 months ago

Zappin!! in Holden, Massachusetts said: jetBlue has TONS of extremely attractive gay flight attendants hehe!

That they do...and getting more everyday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

DeucexDeuce in Ponce, Puerto Rico

48 months ago

hey guys! any update on things for those who applied recently?

Ramiz Yacoub in New York, New York

48 months ago

Lacey2 in oneida, New York said: Has anyone actually gone to an interview for Jet Blue? I received an automated phone interview and was curious what comes next? Pros and Cons of working for them?

Hi Lacey..I wonder if you could help me find what the first step to go for jetblue recruiting process...I used to be a flight attendant for another airlines outside the united states, i hope my experience comes in handy..thanks

clearskys in Massachusetts

48 months ago

DeucexDeuce in Ponce, Puerto Rico said: hey guys! any update on things for those who applied recently?

I have not heard anything other than the next class being in September. I'm sure they will probably start preparing for that soon. I know a class just started the end of June.

48 months ago

DeucexDeuce,

I recently applied too and have not heard anything either.

spud68 in Charlotte, North Carolina

48 months ago

Ramiz Yacoub in New York, New York said: Hi Lacey..I wonder if you could help me find what the first step to go for jetblue recruiting process...I used to be a flight attendant for another airlines outside the united states, i hope my experience comes in handy..thanks

Hi Lacey.. Hope youre doing well. I was wondering if you can share with us on what questions were ask on the phone interview. That would help a lot for those of us who are waiting patiently for a phone interview.. thanks a lot and good luck to everyone. :)

48 months ago

There was a wide range of experience in my class, from former police officers, several flight attendants from other carriers, retail, food, business owners, etc. The one common denominator was stellar customer service. Be sure to stress that - think about examples from your past jobs when you went "over and above." Hope you are successful and we'll see you on the line!

48 months ago

kbee in Binghamton, New York said: Good thing none of us "old Broods" applied with Southwest!!! There is one pilot that would be very unhappy!!!

LOL - plenty of the 3 "Gs" in our class!

JOSE in Jamaica, New York

48 months ago

Good for them. Those are the reliable ones.

48 months ago

You got that right!!!

Fly Me Away in Austin, Texas

48 months ago

Has anyone received any word since they applied? :-)

KHobbs in Boston, Massachusetts

48 months ago

Fly Me Away in Austin, Texas said: Has anyone received any word since they applied? :-)

Nothing yet...I hope sometime soon...either way. The wait is a killer. good luck!

mlwflygirl in Irvington, New Jersey

48 months ago

Nothing yet for me either, still says under consideration, I applied 6/20.

Michelle in Fullerton, California

48 months ago

I haven't heard anything yet either. I also applied on the 20th and my profile overview says "under consideration."

linda in Orlando, Florida

48 months ago

I applied 6/18. recieve a email that they recieve it. where does it say under consideration?

Michelle in Fullerton, California

48 months ago

you have to log on to the jetBlue careers page. once you log back in, there are two columns of links. On the column on the left it will say profile overview, click there and it will pull up your application and resume. If you scroll almost to the bottom it will have the status of your application.

linda in Orlando, Florida

48 months ago

Thank you, found it. It say under consideration. Hope to here soon.

JOSE in Jamaica, New York

48 months ago

That means nothing. I've been working there for years in three different departments, and mine still says "under consideration". Nobody keeps that system up anymore.

Page:  « First « Previous   237  238  239  240  241  242  243  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.