Jet Blue F/A Information?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 25084)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida

101 months ago

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey said: Peter how do you think you did?
Did hey give any heads up to when you will know for sure?
Is this your first choice or have you applied to others?
I've been reading articles about JetBlue
and they are all positive.
It amazing that they consider JetBlue a
low cost carrier.... However they have the best customer service and the NICEST FAs. I have an application in fro JetBlue since the 17th. I know, it hasn't been much time.. so I am waiting to see if I get a call from them.
The automated phone call: Does it call me or do I call back a number?

Hope you hear great news!

Hi,

I applied on-line mid Nov. and was notified last friday to call this past Mondasy for an interview time 12/20.........I went at 1000 and the group I was with was split into 3 groups.......I think I did well but I always feel that way so i don't know....the competition if tough and I am not the youngest of the candidates........I only hope ai sold myself without sounding pompous.....if I understood the Verna Kay(e) the lovely woman who interviewed my group I feel we will have a Y/N but the end of next week......a class starts the last week of jan. in Orlando.......I can only sit and wait.

I interviewed for Southwest......161 spots with 21,000 applications and for me it was a No.......I submitted for AirTran and again N but that was the strangest day as all you did was listen to the job description , submit your resume and take a easy math test ........that was it, no personal presentation so I have no idea what the use to select someone.......I know from the Jet Blue interview that some of the candidates did get to round 2 with Airtran only to be rejected with one applicant walking out of the interview due to a nasty interviewer....anyway that's my story, I am crossing my fingers to make round 2 with Jet Blue.......
Hope that helps

I am a native NYer with family in Red bank where is mansfield?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey

101 months ago

Wow. You've been out there. There is no telling what makes an airline hire some and not others. Just have to get out there and keep trying! Some FA have interviewed 3 times with United until they were finally hired. Same with Continental. I hear that JetBlue is very nice to interview with. I'm not sure what they are looking for....but I am looking forward to the opportunity.

Mansfield is about15-20 miles from
Six Flags.. off of 537. Its a nice town out in the middle of farmland.
I've been to Red Bank. Nice shopping there!

One thing I did notice about the JetBlue career site... The print was really small and I had to pay close attention to typing in my responses. I did spell check everything, but compared to other airline job sites... JetBlue is the most detailed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tatiane in West Jordan, Utah

101 months ago

I just applied for Jet Blue a couple of days ago... Does anyone know how the interviewing process happens? Do they call you, email you do phone interview? Once you are doing the face to face, how many "rounds" of interview? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

E in Lutz, Florida

101 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Not to my knowledge..were people in other groups printed????

Oh good, I was just checking--none in ours either. After reading that some did while in New York it worried me. I guess it's because they traveled so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

Good morning,

I am 99% sure that when fingerprints are taken that they take them at the base you may be assigned as not only the feds but local PD now gets involves since 9/11.......being that jet Blue is at JFK anyone outside of NY just might need to make a trip to NY for local live scan of prints......at least that is what I am praying for (is it OK to use the word "prayer" or is this forum a govt. funded spot .......funny how it is OK when you need something huh :).

Have a great day.
Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

Hi,

Nice place as long as your not attemping to land a blimp :))))

Keep in touch as I will if any news comes up.

Merry Christmas elated Chanuks

Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey said: Wow. You've been out there. There is no telling what makes an airline hire some and not others. Just have to get out there and keep trying! Some FA have interviewed 3 times with United until they were finally hired. Same with Continental. I hear that JetBlue is very nice to interview with. I'm not sure what they are looking for....but I am looking forward to the opportunity.

Mansfield is about15-20 miles from
Six Flags.. off of 537. Its a nice town out in the middle of farmland.
I've been to Red Bank. Nice shopping there!

One thing I did notice about the JetBlue career site... The print was really small and I had to pay close attention to typing in my responses. I did spell check everything, but compared to other airline job sites... JetBlue is the most detailed.

If you want email me I have some additional info from other carriers that may be of interest to you

ltpbk@yahoo.com

Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bridget in Raleigh, North Carolina

101 months ago

Karen in Utica, New York said: Bridget,

Please e-mail me at momofffm@aol.com. I am a mother of three also and went through training at Jet Blue University. It was an awesome experience, very very intense! I would love to share some insight with you!

Hi Karen,
I look forward to speaking with you. My email is livefit4life@gmail.com. I have to run out to the store right now. But look forward to hearing from you.

Gwash

101 months ago

jen in Eatontown, New Jersey said: can ANYONE out there please give me any information regarding additional contacts beyond that of hanan that i can speak to regarding employment based in NY. i have repeatedly attempted to contact hanan to no avail after she had given me her business card and direct phone #. hanan stated that there are many interviews and training sessions coming up but for some reason....no one is calling me back. frushtration is setting in...please advise...

Dont' feel alone. I am having the same problem. I was invited to recruitment session but could not make it and have been calling and emailing with no response. I was trying to reschedule or reapply if needed. "frustrated as well" :)

101 months ago

Try this I did,

Email them that you will attend without a time scheduled......be present for the earliest time slot for me it was 1000, I was at the Jet Blue facility at 0800....when they interview started they sked who had not confirmed a specific time and there were a few who were unable to get in touch with Hanon..she is really busy.

They accomodated evryone and turned no person away.

Peter

101 months ago

Try this I did,

Email them that you will attend without a time scheduled......be present for the earliest time slot for me it was 1000, I was at the Jet Blue facility at 0800....when they interview started they sked who had not confirmed a specific time and there were a few who were unable to get in touch with Hanon..she is really busy.

They accomodated evryone and turned no person away.

Peter

francesco in Lake Mary, Florida

101 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hi francesco,

How did yoy feel it went?

Sorry I didn't introduce myself but I needed to have some lunch and head back home.

Did anyone get printed/medical or anything to indicate that may have a leg up on others?

hey peter..i think it went well..i'm trying to be very positive about it.
noone in my group got any fingerprints done..i think thats what they did only for the recruitment session in NYC because thats where their "support center" is. hopefully we hear something soon!

Natasha in Pompano Beach, Florida

101 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: If you want email me I have some additional info from other carriers that may be of interest to you

ltpbk@yahoo.com

Peter

Hi Peter, have you had any experience with EOS, by any chance?

101 months ago

Hi,

Not with EOS, no..........but many posts so someone will have info for you

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey

101 months ago

Hey Peter,
Did you hear from JetBlue yet?
I read on another post that if you're not selected, JetBlue sends an email out the day after the interview. SO!
If you haven't received an email I think you must be in the running. I also read that it takes them longer to let you know that you've been selected.
I read this on another post... so I hope that was accurate info.
I hope you hear some good news!
Its nice when people come back and give great news.

101 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hi,

Not with EOS, no..........but many posts so someone will have info for you

Yes, I'm keeping up with the posts, thanks! :-) I just wanted to know if you, specifically, had personal history with their hiring process. Again, thank you.... :-) I'm also thinking about checking out OMNI. They go to Paris, too!

101 months ago

Good morning,

As of yet nothing.....the recruiter did say they email you Y/N so everyone will know where they stand.......I have contacted two others from my group and nothing for them either.

Have a great day.
Peter

101 months ago

Best of luck to you...
have a great day
Peteri

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

My experience has been the online application, about 2-3 weeks later a phone call to interview in NYC the next week, a week after the interview an email saying that you have moved on to the next step of a background check, a few days later an email with questions regarding your background, 10 days later a phone call offering you the job as long as your background check pulls through. THey let you know what training session you will be attending, but that is it.
Hope that helps. Be patient. It is the holidays....

101 months ago

Bridget in Raleigh, North Carolina said: My experience has been the online application, about 2-3 weeks later a phone call to interview in NYC the next week, a week after the interview an email saying that you have moved on to the next step of a background check, a few days later an email with questions regarding your background, 10 days later a phone call offering you the job as long as your background check pulls through. THey let you know what training session you will be attending, but that is it.
Hope that helps. Be patient. It is the holidays....

Hi BRIDGET! Are you describing the JETBLUE hiring process or the EOS one? LOL...sorry if I seem confused! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

Jet Blue.

Tatiane in West Jordan, Utah

101 months ago

Thanks! That is very helpfull.... So they don't finger print you on the spot? I've heard that if you don't get finger printed and drug tested on the spot, it is because you didn't make it... Is that true?

101 months ago

When you go to NYC for your interview your day looks like this:
-reach and seat buckle test
-drug test
-fingerprinting
-large group presentation
-2 small group question and answer interviews
They made their decision after the NYC interview so the fingerprinting before they made any decision.
Hope that helps.

Audra

101 months ago

Bridget in Raleigh, North Carolina said: When you go to NYC for your interview your day looks like this:
-reach and seat buckle test
-drug test
-fingerprinting
-large group presentation
-2 small group question and answer interviews
They made their decision after the NYC interview so the fingerprinting before they made any decision.
Hope that helps.

Hi Bridget,

Are you scheduled for the Jan 9 training? I was in NY for the open house...just waiting to hear something. They did mention that they wanted people to get into the Jan 9 & 23 classes. Maybe I'll see you there:)

Audra

starr217 in Newtown, Connecticut

101 months ago

I went to the dec 15th open house. I got finger printed and drug tested. I still need a passport, im waiting on it. I did get an email from Jet Blue to answer the usis form on the ten year backround check. She called me and left a message that im being consistered for the Jan 9th training. I hope that means im in.

Audra

101 months ago

starr217 in Newtown, Connecticut said: I went to the dec 15th open house. I got finger printed and drug tested. I still need a passport, im waiting on it. I did get an email from Jet Blue to answer the usis form on the ten year backround check. She called me and left a message that im being consistered for the Jan 9th training. I hope that means im in.

Are you the girl who couldn't pee and drank all those bottles of water? I haven't heard a thing yet. Who called you, Hanan? I was trying to hold out but maybe I should contact them. When did you get a call?

Audra

starr217 in Newtown, Connecticut

101 months ago

Hanan called on Friday night. also another lady called that same night, they both waanted me to call back on Wed. They just left messages. P.S it wasn't me that couldn't pee.

Audra

101 months ago

Thanks for the info!!! I'll probably contact Hanan after the holiday...what a crazy time to be hiring! I give those women credit for doing what they do. I hope you get in...keep me posted!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

Audra

Tim in New Hyde Park, New York

101 months ago

starr217 in Newtown, Connecticut said: I went to the dec 15th open house. I got finger printed and drug tested. I still need a passport, im waiting on it. I did get an email from Jet Blue to answer the usis form on the ten year backround check. She called me and left a message that im being consistered for the Jan 9th training. I hope that means im in.

I'm so nervous... I haven't gotten a call back about an interview or training or anything and I was at the Dec 15 Job Fair. Does this mean I got rejected? Please let me know guys, Thanks!

Mary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

101 months ago

hi, can anyone tell me about these crash pads? Does everyone take turns cleaning? what about personal belongings? does everyone chip in for food? & just help themselves?

malti in HHI, South Carolina

101 months ago

Highly doubt Angie is in this forum.
The forum is for people to gain info on how the interview process works and to become familiar with others who may attend training at the same time.

Natasha! What is your opinion? :)

( I've traveled over to this site for a bit...hmmmmm, interesting)
I think I'll hop on back over to Delta.

Audra

101 months ago

malti in HHI, South Carolina said: Highly doubt Angie is in this forum.
The forum is for people to gain info on how the interview process works and to become familiar with others who may attend training at the same time.

What's the link to the Delta forum? Thanks...Audra

101 months ago

malti in HHI, South Carolina said: Highly doubt Angie is in this forum.

Hmmm, funny you should ask! I was just getting excited at the prospect of a little soap opera taking place here, but yes, you are correct: Angie would not be reading this forum as she's ALREADY a FA as suggested by our young unsure of her fiance lady. People here are TRYING to get hired as FAs. But good luck to you, ILLUSION123a, I hope he was just trying to get you jealous, is all....
MALTI, I love it! We get all kinds here! LOL..LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Orlando, Florida

101 months ago

Happy Christmas Eve everyone. I went to the job fair in Orlando on The 20th. I just got a call from Hanan this morning with a conditional offer for a position in the January 9th class. I doing my background check now and they are contacting me to set up my time to get my finger prints and drug test done. I'm very excited. Anyone else hear anything yet?

101 months ago

Thats great good luck.........just wondering what group you were with on the 20th...I was group 1 with Verna Kay(e)....at 1000...where were you?

Again best of luck and have a great day.

Peter

Elizabeth in Orlando, Florida

101 months ago

I was the 11 o'clock with verna.

kk in Detroit, Michigan

101 months ago

Anyone know when the next interview session will be? They sound like a great airline.

malti in HHI, South Carolina

101 months ago

Natasha in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Hmmm, funny you should ask! I was just getting excited at the prospect of a little soap opera taking place here, but yes, you are correct: Angie would not be reading this forum as she's ALREADY a FA as suggested by our young unsure of her fiance lady. People here are TRYING to get hired as FAs. But good luck to you, ILLUSION123a, I hope he was just trying to get you jealous, is all....
MALTI, I love it! We get all kinds here! LOL..LOL

I know , really. I thought this was information for JetBlue not Dr. Phil.
( however it seemed to be more like Jerry Springer for delusional? That was her name eh?) :)

Nada in Brick, New Jersey

101 months ago

Bridget in Durham, North Carolina said: Hi Nada, One more question, when you are at training do you get to go home for the weekend or are you there for the 3 weeks?
Thanks again!

Hi Bridget,
Sorry for the delay. Was gone for 5 day trip. Just got back this evening? Sorry to say you do not go home for the weekends. We had class Mon-Sat. Studied Sundays all day for tests on mondays. Good luck to you and Happy Holidays!
Nada

Nada in Brick, New Jersey

101 months ago

Karen in Utica, New York said: Bridget,

Please e-mail me at momofffm@aol.com. I am a mother of three also and went through training at Jet Blue University. It was an awesome experience, very very intense! I would love to share some insight with you!

Hey Karen,
Did a 5 day trip this week and saw Kim in Boston!It was fun seeing her. We both wish you were with us. It felt like training except not so intense. Have a WONDERFUL HOLIDAY! Nada
Keep in touch once in a while even if it's the forum?

Francesco in Boynton Beach, Florida

101 months ago

Elizabeth in Orlando, Florida said: Happy Christmas Eve everyone. I went to the job fair in Orlando on The 20th. I just got a call from Hanan this morning with a conditional offer for a position in the January 9th class. I doing my background check now and they are contacting me to set up my time to get my finger prints and drug test done. I'm very excited. Anyone else hear anything yet?

Hey Elizabeth,
I heard from Hanan Saturday, saying the same thing. As long as our background clears, were pretty much in. Congratulations! I'm sure you're very excited. I was just wondering if you filled out the ISTS yet? Let me know when she sets you up for your drug test and fingerprinting. Thanks! and merry xmas!

101 months ago

I have seen from posts that some of you have been moved on to the next phase requesting info for background checks and fingerprinting.

I am glad for all of you and wish you the best.

I was present at the 12/20 open job fair and handed in a complete package of all my infor I had as well as my resume. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a rejection email or call.........as of this time I have heard nothing either way.

Happy New Year to all and again best of luck.

Peter

Mary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

101 months ago

Can anyone provide me some info about crash pads? obviously everyone chips in for rent & utilities...but what about personal belongings? food? cleaning the place? This is all new to me & I haven't a clue as to what to expect.

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

101 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hi, I filed the on line application three weeks ago and received an email this past friday to call this Monday to schedule an interview time this Thursday. in Orlando.

Any idea of format for interview. Is it one-on-one, or do you meet with different HR people and get a majority to vote you through and is that the extent of interview process?

Good luck to all who made it so far and I hope to see you in the skies on a 320 Airbus.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanuka and Quanza.

Peter

Peter are you going to be commuting from St. Augustine? I will be moving to St. Augustine and looking to get on with one of the airlines as an FA.
Does anyone know if its hard to commute or jump seat?

101 months ago

Nada in Brick, New Jersey said: Hi Bridget, That's great! Karen is a super person. She is missed! Will email you hopefully soon? My email is in case you want to email me first is Nada1162@aol.com

Happy Holidays,
Nada
Good luck in training!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Nada, would you recommend commuting from JFK to JAX, how hard is it to jumpseat?

101 months ago

Nada in Brick, New Jersey said: Hi Bridget, That's great! Karen is a super person. She is missed! Will email you hopefully soon? My email is in case you want to email me first is Nada1162@aol.com

Happy Holidays,
Nada
Good luck in training!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another quick question, what are the flight benefits like, do you get benefits on Lufthansa, how does international code share work?

101 months ago

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa said: Peter are you going to be commuting from St. Augustine? I will be moving to St. Augustine and looking to get on with one of the airlines as an FA.
Does anyone know if its hard to commute or jump seat?

I would most likely stay at the assigned base at first and then commute to St. Augustine.....which is 50 miles from Jax and jet Blue has many flight to Jax...but as time passes and no word from Jet Blue I feel I may be out of the running.

Keep an eye on Air Tran at AirTran info sessions .com......they fly to Jax and are based in Atlanta....very easy drive or fly if needed.

Good luck to you........for me I am getting down..

Have a great day.

Peter

101 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: I would most likely stay at the assigned base at first and then commute to St. Augustine.....which is 50 miles from Jax and jet Blue has many flight to Jax...but as time passes and no word from Jet Blue I feel I may be out of the running.

Keep an eye on Air Tran at AirTran info sessions .com......they fly to Jax and are based in Atlanta....very easy drive or fly if needed.

Good luck to you........for me I am getting down..

Have a great day.

Peter

Thanks so much, I heared Delta is hiring, have you tryed them???

101 months ago

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa said: Thanks so much, I heared Delta is hiring, have you tryed them???

Yes I have......go to Delta Flight Attendant forum and read the posts.......very interesting...have some cookies and tall glass of milk as there is much reading to do for that process....

101 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Yes I have......go to Delta Flight Attendant forum and read the posts.......very interesting...have some cookies and tall glass of milk as there is much reading to do for that process....

I was with ComAir previousley, Delta was a dream at that point. Delta would be an easy commute to JAX. Do you know if Allegiant has a base in Daytona Beach?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.