Male Flight Attendants

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

success in Westland, Michigan

59 months ago

Are there any male straight flight attendants arounds, because it seems alot harder to get the job because im a straight male. I might just have to act gay lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Sky-King04 in new york city, New York

59 months ago

success in Westland, Michigan.... hey man listen your sexual prefference has nothing to do with getting the job as a flight attnedant in fact i think a lot F,A's would feel offended because of your statement. And to to answer your question yes there are a lot of Heteral sexual male flight attendants. If you know how to smile,look professional, act, speak, present a resume properly then you sholdn't have any problems getting the job.

Sky-King04

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

flyguy in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

gay or straight isn't on the application. if you trying to prove you're straight in the interview maybe thats why you're not getting a job. if i were the person interviewing you and saw that statement "i might just have to act gay lol" i definitely would not hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

harolddiggs@ymail.com in Fairburn, Georgia

56 months ago

Hello, my name is Harold I,am 55 yrs retired,what are my chances of gaining employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Sydney, Australia

33 months ago

I previously worked in Administration, and looking for a job as Flight Attendant. I am 100% straight. I don't see why people find it for "gay" males only. It's almost impossible to get a job these days. i've been applying for over a month. And getting a job as International Flight Attendant would be amazing. You get to fly around the world, getting paid for it. And also meet other hot flight attendants (Women) lol :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

clippedwings in Saint Charles, Missouri

33 months ago

Im male, was a flight attendant for 10 years, landed 2 airline jobs on my first try each, and am straight. Both airlines I flew for had many gay AND straight males.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

VX in Chatsworth, California

33 months ago

Gay males are drawn to the industry because of the supposed "glamour" and airlines are prone to hire them because they are less likely to have familial commitments and have more flexibility to meet the demands of the job. Generally speaking of course. But gay males are less likely to have entanglements with children and spouses....sorry but it is the truth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Dolton, Illinois

33 months ago

When I first got in the airline industry and kept on getting denied and rejected at interviews. I first thought this sucks it's must be because I'm black. And next I realize there were black flight attendants but they all were gay. Then I figured since Im black and not gay I have no chance of getting hired lol. But somebody told me to buy The Essential Guide Of Becoming A Flight Attendant. That was the best book to buy if your having a hard time getting in the industry. I came to realize that I just had to become better at interviews and selling myself and just began the number game process. So I still believe it is harder begin a straight black male but you can't let it hold you back or make excuses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

UALSW - LAX in Los Angeles, California

33 months ago

Sam in Dolton, Illinois said: When I first got in the airline industry and kept on getting denied and rejected at interviews. I first thought this sucks it's must be because I'm black. And next I realize there were black flight attendants but they all were gay. Then I figured since Im black and not gay I have no chance of getting hired lol. But somebody told me to buy The Essential Guide Of Becoming A Flight Attendant . That was the best book to buy if your having a hard time getting in the industry. I came to realize that I just had to become better at interviews and selling myself and just began the number game process. So I still believe it is harder begin a straight black male but you can't let it hold you back or make excuses

I work with straight and gay male flight attendants. I've also worked with quite a bit of straight male black flight attendants. So don't psyche yourself up because you think they only hire gay. It's might be something else your projecting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

blewstew

29 months ago

If you have a problem with gay male flight attendants try southwest airlines. SWA has tons of straight male flight attendant jerks, I'm sure you'd fit right in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

39000 feet in Manhattan Beach, California

29 months ago

blewstew said: If you have a problem with gay male flight attendants try southwest airlines. SWA has tons of straight male flight attendant jerks, I'm sure you'd fit right in.

That's so funny. Also, it seems, to me at least, that Hawaiian Airlines hires mostly straight men. So if you're interested, they have interviews going on after Thanksgiving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

blewstew

29 months ago

Gay men make much better flight attendants because they are FABULOUS! Haha

But seriously, female flight attendants prefer them because they don't get hit on by their co workers. Pilots on the other hand are a problem.

The many straight men I have worked with were very secure in their manhood. Face it gentleman, males in this profession are assumed GAY until proven otherwise! From the cockpit to the customer, but if you genuinely have a passion for people then this career is right for you.

Unfortunately, many heterosexual men feel uneasy with that and it shows. Most of them butch it up and get macho STUPID.

Attention heterosexual males, loss the machoism, relax, smile, Smile, SMILE and be personable. I have been a witness to some exceptional male flight attendants. They never let the issue of sexuality become an issue. This profession demands refined customer service skills, a likable personality, the ability to understand human nature (to help the customer having a BAD day, the first time flyer, nervous flyer, mother with cry babies) and show kindness and compassion. These are strengths of a great flight attendant.

I agree with the gentleman about, interviewing Is all about selling yourself to the interviewer as to why you would be an asset to them.

Good luck its an awesome career!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ThaiFA

29 months ago

I'm a straight guy and have been hired by and work for many airlines. During the interview I just smiled and talked alot about my customer service experience and let them get the real feel of who I am. During my flights I worked with both straight and gay men and everyone was pretty respectful of each other. I will say one thing, during the layovers the gay's know how to party it up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

ThaiFA said: I'm a straight guy and have been hired by and work for many airlines. During the interview I just smiled and talked alot about my customer service experience and let them get the real feel of who I am. During my flights I worked with both straight and gay men and everyone was pretty respectful of each other. I will say one thing, during the layovers the gay's know how to party it up.

I know you. Are you on vacation in Vietnam right now? You're based in Philly, right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

FlyingWing in Westminster, California

25 months ago

I don't think it matters. I'm straight and was just hired as an FA by a major US carrier. All I had to do was be myself, demonstrate my experience in a structured interview responses (see STAR or PARS responses), and say the four magic words, "I want this job". Who cares about sexual preferences! Completely irrelevant! Enjoy the interview experience, don't project demons that are not there (it is in your head!), and you'll get the job. I promise!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.