Miami Air International

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 489)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

MikeMCO in Orlando, Florida

80 months ago

I wanted to start this just for Miami Air Int'l. If anyone is going to or has attended an interview or has heard anything about this company, please post it here! I submitted my resume this week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

79 months ago

I interviewed with them last week and start training Oct.13. They seem like a great company. The people are extremely friendly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hey Bree how long did it take for them to get in touch with you for an interview after you applied?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Grace in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

Hi there Mike! I submitted a resume last week for an interview with Miami Air. Have not heard from them as of yet. My friend submitted an application not quite two weeks ago. They called her last week and she has an interview this Wednesday (10-1). I will keep you posted...you keep me posted!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Shawn in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

79 months ago

I put my resume in 5 days ago, they contacted me today(9-29) for an interview on thursday the 2nd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deeds in US

79 months ago

I put my app in last week, but so far it's looking like they're just contacting you lucky Florida residents...Good luck to you guys!!! I hope you get it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Well good luck to you Deeds!! Im sure they will contact you quickly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deeds in US

79 months ago

Shawn in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Well good luck to you Deeds!! Im sure they will contact you quickly!

THANK YOU!! Good luck to you in your interview. I'm rootin' for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Grace in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

Hello Shawn!
Thanks for the update on scheduled Miami Air interviews. Congratulations in being called today! I put in a resume by email last Wednesday...haven't heard anything yet. At least with your info I know it should be soon or not at all! Good luck and have fun!

79 months ago

Good luck to you Grace! Give it a few more days!! Miami Air Internatinal seems like a great company to work for. Im excited for the interview...good luck everyone!

79 months ago

Yes, good luck Shawn. Oh btw....do you work for another carrier right now? I think I may know you. I hope to hear something soon. I keep on getting these emails from insurance companies wanting me to work for them. What a scam!

79 months ago

Yea i work for Spirit Airlines now.

79 months ago

Ha you silly. It's Mike.....in Orlando. I got canned at the end of last month. I'm getting unemployment from Spirit, but it's obiously not enough. I want to get back in with the airlines, but it's been a tough go. That's why I am hoping for MiamiAir or Delta when they start hiring again. UGH!

Liza in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Does anyone know if they only inviting applicants from Florida?

Can someone please post more info as far as the pay, per diem, and the trips.

Is Miami Air a charter company or what type of Airline?

Thank You for answering my questions before I apply.

Good Luck Everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Miami Air International is a charter airline. As far as pay and per diem dont know any info about that, i will have more info after my interview on thursday with them. Unless someone else has some info to share with us?? I dont think they are only inviting FL residents, but thats something else im not to keen on either, sorry. Anywayz, good luck! MIKE...I heard what happened to you!! I was shocked! I heard you were going to Southwest tho. Has Miami air contacted you yet? Coop has an interview tom with them then the next day he has an interview in Columbus with Netjets. Anywayz good luck Mike!

79 months ago

Southwest did not want me. Oh well. Miami Air has not contacted me yet. I hope they do soon though! I have been talking to Cooper about his stuff. Both companies sound great, so he has 2 good options. I need the luck. It seems as if I haven't been doing too well in interviews lately. *sigh* Of course with Southwest, almost everyone was with ATA that week, so that probably hurt my chances big time. Anywho....good luck on Thursday!

FlyBoy07 in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

MikeMCO, I know you may not want to go to a regional, but Republic Airways is hiring at the moment. We fly Embraer 170s and 175s. They're pretty nice. To me, they're like a mini-B737. Just thought you might be interested : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Miami in Hialeah, Florida

79 months ago

I sent my application last week to Miami Air and I was called the next day, my interview will be held next Thursday, looks like they don't do open houses anymore. I went to one open house about for years ago and were picked to follow the second step but were not invited to the training because of my English.

I took my time, learned the language at least at a decent communication level (not perfect by any means) and will give myself a second chance. I have not applied ever since or went to an open house, I'm not to relocate either way and Miami Air is within 10 min from my house with bad traffic. The interview will be one on one, as I said looks like they don't do open houses anymore or maybe they just are in urgent need for Flight Attendants. The open houses in my opinion are a waisting of time anyways, is pretty much a "beauty pageant contest", I was choosen the other time w/ my awful English while other girls w/ good chances didn't make it to the next round. This time I'm going w/o the feeling I had last time, I was so involved on those forums and stuff that I went like if being a FA were the big prize of the year and the only thing I could of do in life, the reality is that you are biding for a semi dangerous position, don't underestand the competence out there, I'm going confident and with 50% for a yes and 50% for a no, If I do it great, if not I'm not going to cry and won't even feel dissapointed.

Miami Air is a great company for what I know, 747-400 and 747-800, is a charter airline, groups/cruise companies/electoral campaigns/sport teams etc rents the whole flight and the company travels both domestic and international with flights from Atlanta to Honk Kong and everwhere in between, sometimes they have groups on conventions and they will even get dress and prepare the plane based on the party theme, so it looks like fun.

I found this site "googling" and I will come back on Thusday to tell you about my experience. Good luck to everyone. :)

79 months ago

Bree, can you tell us a little bit about your interview experience?.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

FlyBoy.....I already tried them. They didn't seem to want me for some reason. This is bothering me....I applied 5 days ago and still nothing. *sigh*

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

So...do all of their flights originate in MIA, i.e., would all f/a's be based out of MIA?

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Mike - Have you had a current f/a take a look at your resume, to see if it needs to be tweaked in any way?

79 months ago

No I haven't RJ.......maybe I could sent it to you. My email is texstar20@yahoo.com if you want to email me, so I can send it.

79 months ago

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia said: So...do all of their flights originate in MIA, i.e., would all f/a's be based out of MIA?

I will say so, however don't take my word for it.

79 months ago

MikeMCO in Orlando, Florida said: No I haven't RJ.......maybe I could sent it to you. My email is texstar20@yahoo.com if you want to email me, so I can send it.

Mike, send your resume to me, ill check it out!! SMC757@hotmail.com

79 months ago

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia said: So...do all of their flights originate in MIA, i.e., would all f/a's be based out of MIA?

Yes RJ you would be based in MIA

Grace in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

RJ!
I do not fly for Miami Air but from what I understand from my research (just applied for a FA job with them last week), the new hires and the website; people/clients charter Miami Air to go from any origin to any destination...and back! Miami Air many times will ferry the airplane to the point of origin, do the flight and then after destination is complete they either ferry it back to Miami or to a new origin for the next charter. Miami Air does military charters and for instance picks them up at Dulles Airport, takes them to Germany, England, California wherever they need to be deployed and then they come back to the Miami base. Football charters are picked up for instance at College Station, Texas and then flown to wherever the game is. The plane/crew generally lay over at the destination with that kind of trip to take the football team back home after the game then ferry back to Miami base. Miami is a great base for chartering with cruises, vacation packages and any international flying. Not near the weather problems like JFK, ATL or ORD. Charter airlines are much different than the regionals or majors. They also actually serve FOOD on even the shortest routes depending on what the client requests! "Myke" and "Shawn" have both been hired so maybe they will update us with how the flying actually works in real life!

Grace in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

Whoops...sorry Shawn! I jumped the gun saying your were hired since your interview is not until Thursday but take it as a divine revelation or ESP that you will do great in your interview and be hired!

79 months ago

I was about to say Grace. Man I wish I was already on board, but you never know. :-)

Grace in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

HA! AMEN! I'll say some "grace" and prayers that we both hear from them. Sit tight! My friend interviewing tomorrow (WED) emailed in a resume and it took them 10 days to give her a call.

79 months ago

HOws spirit? I worked for AirTran for 1.5 years and wanted to get on with Spirit because of its base. I start training with Miami Air on Oct 13 so i hope to meet you all if we have the same training date! The two people interviewing are very Nice expect to stay about 2 hours if your selected its ALOT of paperwork:) Make sure you bring a resume. They asked me for a hard copy.

Bree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hey guys. As far as the pay is about alittle more than 17.00. Its broke down to be a guarentee of 65 hours a month. ( you can pick up trips). the monthly pay is about $1168.70. Per diem is 1.50 domestic and 2.50 international. Training is the usual 4 weeks. The two people that interviewed me said that they will be most likely holding an open house in October. so keep a watch out in the newspaper. As far as the interview be yourself! Thats what i did:) The trips can originate for anywhere the groups want. Not just Miami. They fly all over the world from MIA to amsterdam. I think its seems like a great Airline!!

79 months ago

Well Bree thank you for all the information. Spirit isn't the worst, but it definately isn't the best either. Miami Air sounds like a great place to work. I hope that they get in contact with me soon. I have a part time gig starting in two weeks. I don't want to ruin my chances if I have to start working there. Plus I don't want to work there for only a week. That would be unfair to them too. Anywho...enough of my ramblings. :-)

79 months ago

Update....I have heard that the class is already full and they do not know if they are going to have another one. Bummer!

79 months ago

Bree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hey guys. As far as the pay is about alittle more than 17.00. Its broke down to be a guarentee of 65 hours a month. ( you can pick up trips). the monthly pay is about $1168.70. Per diem is 1.50 domestic and 2.50 international. Training is the usual 4 weeks. The two people that interviewed me said that they will be most likely holding an open house in October. so keep a watch out in the newspaper. As far as the interview be yourself! Thats what i did:) The trips can originate for anywhere the groups want. Not just Miami. They fly all over the world from MIA to amsterdam. I think its seems like a great Airline!!

Bree, thanks for all the information!! My friend interviwed today and yes like Michael said they told him the Oct class is full.
For Mike...they are having another class...they have not set a date as for when it will start tho! Anywayz, everyone keep on the look out and kee in touch on here, and i hope to see you all in the near future!

79 months ago

Bree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: HOws spirit? I worked for AirTran for 1.5 years and wanted to get on with Spirit because of its base. I start training with Miami Air on Oct 13 so i hope to meet you all if we have the same training date! The two people interviewing are very Nice expect to stay about 2 hours if your selected its ALOT of paperwork:) Make sure you bring a resume. They asked me for a hard copy.

Bree

Also Bree...
Airtran and Spirit are alot alike. The only difference is our passengers pay for everything from aisle seats to a soda onboard. You will not be dissapointed in starting training at Miami Air on Oct 13th...trust me...lol! Good luck!

79 months ago

Well that's good news Shawn. Keep us up to date on how everything goes at your interview. BTW...I sent you an email.

79 months ago

Thanks Mike, could you please re-send it, i never recieved anything.

79 months ago

Helen in Holiday, Florida said: Good Luck to you on Thursday. I did not pass the second interview for Continental and I was called for Delta but I was in Germany. I got the feeling i did not pass because of my English at Continental. Even though I have been living in US for 2 years i put to much pressure on myself, you know pronunciation, spelling etc... Anyway I have applied for Miami Air online. May I ask you how many languages do you speak? For how long have you been here(Miami)? I am asking that because like I said I've been here just 2 years. Do you think it will be a problem for the background check?

Seems to me you speak well English, at least for what I'm seeing here so that shouldn't be a problem, in Miami at least they don't care much about accents (sp) since we are a melting pot down here. I do speak English and Spanish, being Spanish my first language, my English is not perfect by any means, specially when I get nervous. In order to fly with Miami Air or any airline that I know of you need to be either a US resident or a Citizen and have a valid passport, in my case I'm a citizen, came to the US 8 years ago, now i feel much better prepared, not only because of my Enlgish but because I'm a citizen and hold a passport (things I didn't have on my first interview, however i was a resident my main problem was my English, I know that). If you have all your documents OK, your English and your second language (it does help although is not mandatory), have customer service experience and does well on the interview I don't see why won't you make it. Four years ago my interview was really easy, nothing out of this world. Somebody said that you need to be slim in order to be a Flight Attendant? Its that true?, I'm asking because I'm not fat but definitely not slim, I have seen so many chunky FA on my trips that I will never guess that.

79 months ago

Oh Miami........you don't have to be slim. That's only for European carriers lol. :-)

79 months ago

Bree, why did they asked you?... Please :D

79 months ago

Meaning what did they asked you, LOL. Can you tell us a little bit about your interview. I have to say that the person who calls me, Marjorie, seems really nice, at least by phone, I had my interview on Monday and couln't make it so I called at 7:15 am and left a message with someone on the Inflight Department pretty sure he won't gave her the message, not even an hour later she was calling me to re-schedule! Go figure.

79 months ago

MikeMCO in Orlando, Florida said: Oh Miami........you don't have to be slim. That's only for European carriers lol. :-)

LOL.... hahahaha, you'r funny. I guess european FA looks like models but well, I'm only a latin with some extra bootie. Good luck sweety!. Seems to me they are calling people from Miami, Hialeah and sorroundings and then will call people from "far and beyond". :)

79 months ago

Yes, Orlando is way out there! ;-)

leeah

79 months ago

I interviewed with Miami Air last year. They had an open house, I didn't know about it but submitted my resume afterward anyway.

They called, I went, I was not impressed. The worst part for me was they don't put you up for training. Even though I live in West Palm Beach, I would not want to drive, not even take the train everyday for training, just way too much time in travel and training!! Then the pay, 1100 per month guarantee is just not enough.

They did tell me they like to hire Miami people only, just because of not having the relocation thing, they want locals they can rely on and won't be commuting. They were very nice on the phone, a bit phoney in person but aren't they all lol? Just know what you're getting into, every airline has its good points!!

Good Luck to everyone applying!

79 months ago

Yes Leeah, that's why I told someone before that it seems to me they fly from Miami and are pretty much local no matter if they fly all over the world, I don't think they "pick up" FA's on other States but departure and returns with the same FA's, from Miami to Miami. I don't know much about the company but for what I know they are not a huge carrier company but a charter one and because I live so close I know where they are and their FA's are Miami based (and surroundings: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Hialeah, West Palm Beach "that's really far")and I don't think they paid their FAs to stay in a hotel while on training. It is a great company however, the salary maybe on the low side but it does compensate on the fact that is a more personal company where you are not just a number, you can pick up your flights and you don't have to flight with jerks (for the most part) since people tend to behave when on a charter flying with colleagues and stuff. They looked very professional to me 4 years ago, don't know now, their FA's looked very happy and you have the feeling to be on a big company w/o being one. This is only what I know as an outsider but I rather work for a little bit less money than for a mayor airline with all the hustle and bustle, but that's just me that won't relocated, so for me, and I guess for most of their FA's, we don't have to change our way of live, its just a change of jobs. If someone is making 40 000 a year I guess is a bad idea to left their actual job to pursuit a FA carreer, however every case is different, I had my daughter pretty young and now I'm an 18 years old young mom w/ an stable family so my money goes to three bills and my frivolities pretty much but if you need to make a decent ammount of money a month honey FA is not the carreer for you.

Grace in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

Well, there are probably going to be people out there who don't agree with this but if you really want a job working as a flight attendant, it 'aint about the money, honey! There are certain types of people that get a calling to do this job. It's about nurturing, dealing with all kinds of people, culture, the magic of flight and providing authority in the most gracious way. Most people forget to take into account the benefits like healthcare and retirement. If you go into this job based on how much money you are gonna make you won't be happy or last. You can't look at this job like you do with normal ground jobs!

Helen in Holiday, Florida

79 months ago

Miami in Hialeah, Florida said: Seems to me you speak well English, at least for what I'm seeing here so that shouldn't be a problem, in Miami at least they don't care much about accents (sp) since we are a melting pot down here. I do speak English and Spanish, being Spanish my first language, my English is not perfect by any means, specially when I get nervous. In order to fly with Miami Air or any airline that I know of you need to be either a US resident or a Citizen and have a valid passport, in my case I'm a citizen, came to the US 8 years ago, now i feel much better prepared, not only because of my Enlgish but because I'm a citizen and hold a passport (things I didn't have on my first interview, however i was a resident my main problem was my English, I know that). If you have all your documents OK, your English and your second language (it does help although is not mandatory), have customer service experience and does well on the interview I don't see why won't you make it. Four years ago my interview was really easy, nothing out of this world. Somebody said that you need to be slim in order to be a Flight Attendant? Its that true?, I'm asking because I'm not fat but definitely not slim, I have seen so many chunky FA on my trips that I will never guess that.

yes you might be right. I recall the guy that was interviewed me he asked me if I had American Passport. I said that I was permanent resident with green Card but for International trip he explains that would be responsible to get visas, etc. I don't know that may be the reason I did not made it. I don't believe you need to look like a model. I remember we were around 40 people.Overall people weren't dress well, actually some of them looked little sloppy. Nobody in my group looked like a model. I'm slim, late 30th, I have Italian and French heritage. Yes, people say that I look like European but I am from South America. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE :)))

79 months ago

I completely agree with everyone, if you want to be a flight attendant you are surely not doing it for the income. However, its only your first 3 or 4 years as a fliht attendant that you live in the poor house folks! After your 5th year in a company you have a "descent" salary and if you fly you will have a good income. We have the easiest job ever! Its an amazing job as well with the great benefits we recieve. I am at Spirit for almost 2 years now, and already my 2nd year as a flight attendant i will be making 35,000. It may not seem like alot, but i like to work and i work alot. So yes, we may start out at 17 bucks an hour with a guarantee of 65 hours a month...but look at 5 years from now, or 10 from now...there 10 year flight attendants make a great salary and im sure they are living happy with there 65,000 dollars a year...plues great benefits!! Anywayz......here is an update as far as my interview...Deborah from inflight called me today and told me something came up for tomorrow and they needed to re-schedule my interview to Oct 20th! So i do not have my interview tom, i will let you all know how it still goes tho! Good luck everyone! And i hoe some of what i said helps a little...ecspecially those who have not has the opportunity to fly the friendly skies yet :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FT.LAUDERDALE in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

79 months ago

Shawn has their been any word of if spirit will be hiring?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.