Norwegian Air Shuttle

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2524)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Halle45 in orlando, Florida

14 months ago

Has anyone on here applied for tha FA position braces out of JFK with Norwegian Airlines?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (81) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

FLTATTwannabe in Florida said: Hi, I applied and did all the assessment tests but haven't heard anything from them. It sounds like a great opportunity.

Same here waiting they are growing and in November they open a base out of FLL. How many assessments did you do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kecw in Greensboro, North Carolina

14 months ago

Thanks for making this forum! I applied a few weeks ago and took a total of 3 different assessments. Each are very unique, one was a personality test, another was problem solving geometric figures, and last one was about work life. Monday I got a call from overseas from Norwegian for a simple and I mean very simple phone assessment. Basic questions, Do you have a passport? Are you willing to fly out of JFK? Can you stay in Europe for training? Etc.. After that she told me I had passed and wanted me to come to the group assessment in New York on Oct 20th. She didn't give me much info about the assessment in NYC but told me to expect a email in a few days. I have not received a email just yet. From what I understood since we had a bad connection, training is paid, you fly 73 hours a month at $1,500 per month with per diem. That is all I could understand! When I get my email I will be happy to post more info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

M in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

They called me today and I happened to pass the telephone interview as well.
Invited for a f2f later in the month

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota

14 months ago

Thanks kecw for the forum link! I also did the three assessments. I got a call but missed it and called back today. As kecw said, the phone interview as very very basic as far as questions. From what I can remember, this is what I was asked:

1. Have you ever been a senior cabin crew member?
2. Would you consider interviewing for a senior cabin crew position?
3. Training would require 4 week in Europe, would this work for you?
4. If you have any tattoo's would they be able to be covered in the uniform?
5. Would you be able to sit in a jump seat with the harness without the need of extenders?
6. Would you be able to come to NYC to interview?

and so on.

I also did not get much info about the assessment in NYC, but I was given a date of the 21st, but she was unsure of the location for that day and said I could expect the email within 1-3 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

14 months ago

Halle45 in orlando, Florida said: Same here waiting they are growing and in November they open a base out of FLL. How many assessments did you do?

I did 3 different assessment tests also after being sent 3 individual emails to do so. Congrats to those invited for the f2f interviw. Did they say they would fly you up to NY or are you on your own to get there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota

14 months ago

FLTATTwannabe in Florida said: I did 3 different assessment tests also after being sent 3 individual emails to do so. Congrats to those invited for the f2f interviw. Did they say they would fly you up to NY or are you on your own to get there?

I totally spaced on asking if they provide flight to NYC for the interview. But I hope the information will be in the invitation email I am waiting on. Luckily I work for an airline so don't need it but it would be nice if they did!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sky5455

14 months ago

Hi all! Wow, so exciting! I applied and haven't heard back yet. Can I ask a few questions for those that have gotten a call?

1. Do you speak a foreign language?
2. When did you apply? (I just applied last week and hoping that's why I still haven't heard from them!)
Thank you and good luck!!!!

14 months ago

Sky5455 said: Hi all! Wow, so exciting! I applied and haven't heard back yet. Can I ask a few questions for those that have gotten a call?

2. When did you apply? (I just applied last week and hoping that's why I still haven't heard from them!)

I cant remember the link for the application. Speaking of which if anyone does have the link, can you post it? They asked me to upload a picture when I did the phone interview (completely forgot). I do not speak a foreign language, they are seeking fa's for English only.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sky5455

14 months ago

Thank you! I'm a current FA in California and this would be my dream job! I've already applied, went through all the tests, I didn't upload a pic though, I should have! But when did you guys apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota

14 months ago

Sky5455 said: Hi all! Wow, so exciting! I applied and haven't heard back yet. Can I ask a few questions for those that have gotten a call?

No I don't speak a foreign language, and I applied on Sept. 27th. I was also asked to submit a photo, but am not sure how to add that to my application.

Di anyone else who applied add any other attachments other than the resume?

Sky5455

14 months ago

mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: No I don't speak a foreign language, and I applied on Sept. 27th. I was also asked to submit a photo, but am not sure how to add that to my application.

Di anyone else who applied add any other attachments other than the resume?

I added a resume and a cover letter. They did have a spot to add a photo and a scan of your passport, but it wasn't required. Thanks for the date!

14 months ago

Sky5455 said: I added a resume and a cover letter. They did have a spot to add a photo and a scan of your passport, but it wasn't required. Thanks for the date!

I also did a cover letter and resume, and a scan of my passport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

14 months ago

I also applied towards the end of Sept but did not upload a photo when I applied. I attached my resume with a cover letter though. I would love an opportunity to fly for them. It looks like just the one aircraft type that you would be working on and what a luxury. Flying into European capitals and I could certainly handle training in Europe. What a great way to learn about different cultures as well. Good luck to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

FormerFA in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

Hey all, I applied two days ago and today got a call, and was invited to the interview on October 20th. The conversation on the phone is wonderful, and knowing they are calling you at 11pm in the middle of the night is almost crazy. The Recruiter I spoke too told me she was up on the phone until approximately 2am the night before.

Basically they asked the questions that mplsfa wrote and then told me that we could be flying up to 18 days straight at times. $1500.00 base pay a month and after 71 hours you make 21.13 an hour plus per diem and if you pass as a senior cabin crew you get 3.50 more an hour. I just cannot wait to go to the interview. I am a former flight attendant for an American Carrier and by the sounds of the recruiter it all sounds amazing. She actually told me she will be one of the recruiters to fly in to the interview, and that she will see me there. Also, this hasn't been mentioned yet but you do have to swim 200meters after the interview if selected without a break.

Good luck everyone and I cannot wait to see you all there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

14 months ago

Did all of those that have had phone interviews so far upload a copy of their passport when they applied. I have mine but now I think I should have uploaded a copy of it when I applied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

FLTATTwannabe in Florida said: Did all of those that have had phone interviews so far upload a copy of their passport when they applied. I have mine but now I think I should have uploaded a copy of it when I applied.

I did not upload a copy of my passport, but I did upload a photo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sky5455

14 months ago

mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Does anyone know how we can go back into our application to add a photo?

I couldn't find anywhere to get back into our application!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Sky5455 said: I couldn't find anywhere to get back into our application!

Yah, I haven't found a way. Hopefully in the email for the assessment it might show how.

Sky5455

14 months ago

Can I ask all who got called what kind of phone number to look for? I usually don't pick up unknown numbers so I want to be extra prepared!

14 months ago

FormerFA in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey all, I applied two days ago and today got a call, and was invited to the interview on October 20th. The conversation on the phone is wonderful, and knowing they are calling you at 11pm in the middle of the night is almost crazy. The Recruiter I spoke too told me she was up on the phone until approximately 2am the night before.

Basically they asked the questions that mplsfa wrote and then told me that we could be flying up to 18 days straight at times. $1500.00 base pay a month and after 71 hours you make 21.13 an hour plus per diem and if you pass as a senior cabin crew you get 3.50 more an hour. I just cannot wait to go to the interview. I am a former flight attendant for an American Carrier and by the sounds of the recruiter it all sounds amazing. She actually told me she will be one of the recruiters to fly in to the interview, and that she will see me there. Also, this hasn't been mentioned yet but you do have to swim 200meters after the interview if selected without a break.

Hi there!

I though the lady said, after 71 hrs you make Add'l $21/hr?..
I wonder how much the per diem is? And does it matter how one swims? I know how to swim, but not the fancy styles like butterfly or crawl lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Sky5455 said: Can I ask all who got called what kind of phone number to look for? I usually don't pick up unknown numbers so I want to be extra prepared!

The first time they called me it was a +45 number.

14 months ago

M in Los Angeles, California said: Hi there!

Oops, I just read my own sentence and realized it was all the same haha
Well, if you divide $1,5K by 71 hrs it happens to be $21... So the hourly salary must be $21 there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

14 months ago

So we are looking for approx a minimum of $18k per year plus per diem and extra for any hours over the min 71 flight hours per month. Not too bad for starters plus the extra tax breaks you get off your tax return ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

M in Los Angeles, California said: Oops, I just read my own sentence and realized it was all the same haha
Well, if you divide $1,5K by 71 hrs it happens to be $21... So the hourly salary must be $21 there

:-) LOL... Will you be attending an interview? On the 20th?

Antthpwd in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

I applied also and did assessment but no phone interview

14 months ago

FormerFA in Chicago, Illinois said: :-) LOL... Will you be attending an interview? On the 20th?

Correct! )

14 months ago

FormerFA in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey all, I applied two days ago and today got a call, and was invited to the interview on October 20th. The conversation on the phone is wonderful, and knowing they are calling you at 11pm in the middle of the night is almost crazy. The Recruiter I spoke too told me she was up on the phone until approximately 2am the night before.

I am going on the 20th. Have you gotten a email from them yet?

britgirl in Rosedale, New York

14 months ago

Hi Everyone, am so happy to find this forum. I got my call today as well, its pretty much like everyone said. my interview will be on the 21st bust no hotel info has been given yet. LOL am not a very good swimmer..am a bit worried, I really want this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

kecw in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I am going on the 20th. Have you gotten a email from them yet?

I haven't received anything yet, but they said within the next few days so I would hope by Monday we would all know or have heard something :-)

BenAroundTheWorld IcantFindMyBaby in Queens, New York

14 months ago

I, also, am happy about this forum. Did everyone receive their phone calls today? I hope I get a phone call also. Flying in 787 dream-liners, what a dream that would be! Best of luck, keep me posted as I will do the same :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

BenAroundTheWorld IcantFindMyBaby in Queens, New York said: I, also, am happy about this forum. Did everyone receive their phone calls today? I hope I get a phone call also. Flying in 787 dream-liners, what a dream that would be! Best of luck, keep me posted as I will do the same :)

Where in Queens are you, BATWICFMB?.. ;)

MightFlyAgain in Florida

14 months ago

so glad to see there is a forum with others thinking about this opportunity! Former f/a here with US airline.
For anyone who has possible information so far advise me as to their requirements for the NYC base? For example, time required to report to airport, that you must reside at certain distance? I assume people have already considered living in NYC on $18,000? Is this a contract position? They mention the training, have they mentioned when this would take place? I am glad to learn anything regarding the opportunity. I have read up on the Company. It does seem like they are growing the low-cost idea international. good luck all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

14 months ago

Halle45 in orlando, Florida said: Same here waiting they are growing and in November they open a base out of FLL. How many assessments did you do?

Hi Halle45,
Good luck to you! Do you know.... is this group of cabin crew hiring candidates they are doing now going to be considered for the FLL base? could we transfer? From the website, it appears they have plans for service to FLL AND MCO in the near future. Just wondering what you know? It seem the job ad emphasizes NYC base. Florida base would be a dream. Maybe they will say more at the interview. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

14 months ago

M in Los Angeles, California said: Hi there!

I wonder how much the per diem is? And does it matter how one swims? I know how to swim, but not the fancy styles like butterfly or crawl lol

I don't think it matters the style, more so the endurance you show and capability. :) hope so! just my thoughts..

britgirl in Rosedale, New York

14 months ago

MightFlyAgain I was asked if I would be able to attend training on nov 18, so it seems like they are moving fast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Grr....checked my email and saw Norwegian but it was from the cruse line talking about sales this week.... Almost jumped outta my seat!

14 months ago

MightFlyAgain in Florida said: Hi Halle45,
Good luck to you! Do you know.... is this group of cabin crew hiring candidates they are doing now going to be considered for the FLL base? could we transfer? From the website, it appears they have plans for service to FLL AND MCO in the near future. Just wondering what you know? It seem the job ad emphasizes NYC base. Florida base would be a dream. Maybe they will say more at the interview. thanks!

Iam not sure but I think you can ,will ask when at F2F

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

edgebeachflyer in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

Anyone know if Norwegian is still taking applications for Flight Attendants? I was on their web site and the position wasn't listed... Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

14 months ago

edgebeachflyer in Chicago, Illinois said: Anyone know if Norwegian is still taking applications for Flight Attendants? I was on their web site and the position wasn't listed... Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

I applied this morning, the f/a position is still there. Did you go to osmaviation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

14 months ago

According to the website and ad at osmaviation.com today is the last day to apply.

14 months ago

Missed a call from a recruiter. She left me a voice mail and said she wanted to do a quick phone interview. She gave me a number to text back. I told her I had already completed the phone interview and was asked to come to New York on Oct 20th. She replied back and said thank you. I asked her if I was going to be receiving a email about what to do next as far as New York goes. No reply yet. Kinda weird they would call me again after I already did a phone interview.

14 months ago

kecw in Greensboro, North Carolina said: Missed a call from a recruiter. She left me a voice mail and said she wanted to do a quick phone interview. She gave me a number to text back. I told her I had already completed the phone interview and was asked to come to New York on Oct 20th. She replied back and said thank you. I asked her if I was going to be receiving a email about what to do next as far as New York goes. No reply yet. Kinda weird they would call me again after I already did a phone interview.

That's strange! Have you heard anything back yet? I am hoping this email with the info is sent out soon!

HopefulFA2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina

14 months ago

BenAroundTheWorld IcantFindMyBaby in Queens, New York said: I just got a call today too!! Woo Hoo! They're calling today so fingers crossed for those waiting!
M, I live about 20 mins from JFK

I received a call today as well!! I STILL have my fingers crossed!LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

BenAroundTheWorld IcantFindMyBaby in Queens, New York said: I just got a call today too!! Woo Hoo! They're calling today so fingers crossed for those waiting!

Were you invited to a group session?

14 months ago

Lucky you!

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

14 months ago

congrats on everyone getting their calls. I still haven't heard anything but still trying to be hopeful.

14 months ago

mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: That's strange! Have you heard anything back yet? I am hoping this email with the info is sent out soon!

No reply yet. She was quick to reply to my first text saying that I already did the interview but when I asked about the email, no answer.

14 months ago

FLTATTwannabe in Florida said: congrats on everyone getting their calls. I still haven't heard anything but still trying to be hopeful.

Thank you! Keep the patient and hopeful. We"re all in the waiting game. Posting just closes today so there's still ample time to recieve a call. Fingers crossed for you also

MightFlyAgain in Florida

14 months ago

That's awesome! Did you get any impression as to the required report time they expect; or requirements for where we must reside to JFK? Good luck!

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.