Norwegian Air Shuttle

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 3596)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota

36 months ago

Thanks kecw for the forum link! I also did the three assessments. I got a call but missed it and called back today. As kecw said, the phone interview as very very basic as far as questions. From what I can remember, this is what I was asked:

1. Have you ever been a senior cabin crew member?
2. Would you consider interviewing for a senior cabin crew position?
3. Training would require 4 week in Europe, would this work for you?
4. If you have any tattoo's would they be able to be covered in the uniform?
5. Would you be able to sit in a jump seat with the harness without the need of extenders?
6. Would you be able to come to NYC to interview?

and so on.

I also did not get much info about the assessment in NYC, but I was given a date of the 21st, but she was unsure of the location for that day and said I could expect the email within 1-3 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota

36 months ago

Sky5455 said: Hi all! Wow, so exciting! I applied and haven't heard back yet. Can I ask a few questions for those that have gotten a call?

1. Do you speak a foreign language?
2. When did you apply? (I just applied last week and hoping that's why I still haven't heard from them!)
Thank you and good luck!!!!

No I don't speak a foreign language, and I applied on Sept. 27th. I was also asked to submit a photo, but am not sure how to add that to my application.

Di anyone else who applied add any other attachments other than the resume?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

36 months ago

I also applied towards the end of Sept but did not upload a photo when I applied. I attached my resume with a cover letter though. I would love an opportunity to fly for them. It looks like just the one aircraft type that you would be working on and what a luxury. Flying into European capitals and I could certainly handle training in Europe. What a great way to learn about different cultures as well. Good luck to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sky5455

36 months ago

mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Does anyone know how we can go back into our application to add a photo?

I couldn't find anywhere to get back into our application!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

britgirl in Rosedale, New York

36 months ago

Hi Everyone, am so happy to find this forum. I got my call today as well, its pretty much like everyone said. my interview will be on the 21st bust no hotel info has been given yet. LOL am not a very good swimmer..am a bit worried, I really want this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

so glad to see there is a forum with others thinking about this opportunity! Former f/a here with US airline.
For anyone who has possible information so far advise me as to their requirements for the NYC base? For example, time required to report to airport, that you must reside at certain distance? I assume people have already considered living in NYC on $18,000? Is this a contract position? They mention the training, have they mentioned when this would take place? I am glad to learn anything regarding the opportunity. I have read up on the Company. It does seem like they are growing the low-cost idea international. good luck all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

Halle45 in orlando, Florida said: Same here waiting they are growing and in November they open a base out of FLL. How many assessments did you do?

Hi Halle45,
Good luck to you! Do you know.... is this group of cabin crew hiring candidates they are doing now going to be considered for the FLL base? could we transfer? From the website, it appears they have plans for service to FLL AND MCO in the near future. Just wondering what you know? It seem the job ad emphasizes NYC base. Florida base would be a dream. Maybe they will say more at the interview. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

M in Los Angeles, California said: Hi there!

I though the lady said, after 71 hrs you make Add'l $21/hr?..
I wonder how much the per diem is? And does it matter how one swims? I know how to swim, but not the fancy styles like butterfly or crawl lol

I don't think it matters the style, more so the endurance you show and capability. :) hope so! just my thoughts..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

MightFlyAgain I was asked if I would be able to attend training on nov 18, so it seems like they are moving fast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kecw in Greensboro, North Carolina

36 months ago

Grr....checked my email and saw Norwegian but it was from the cruse line talking about sales this week.... Almost jumped outta my seat!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Halle45 in orlando, Florida

36 months ago

MightFlyAgain in Florida said: Hi Halle45,
Good luck to you! Do you know.... is this group of cabin crew hiring candidates they are doing now going to be considered for the FLL base? could we transfer? From the website, it appears they have plans for service to FLL AND MCO in the near future. Just wondering what you know? It seem the job ad emphasizes NYC base. Florida base would be a dream. Maybe they will say more at the interview. thanks!

Iam not sure but I think you can ,will ask when at F2F

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

edgebeachflyer in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

Anyone know if Norwegian is still taking applications for Flight Attendants? I was on their web site and the position wasn't listed... Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

36 months ago

edgebeachflyer in Chicago, Illinois said: Anyone know if Norwegian is still taking applications for Flight Attendants? I was on their web site and the position wasn't listed... Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

I applied this morning, the f/a position is still there. Did you go to osmaviation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

36 months ago

According to the website and ad at osmaviation.com today is the last day to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Missed a call from a recruiter. She left me a voice mail and said she wanted to do a quick phone interview. She gave me a number to text back. I told her I had already completed the phone interview and was asked to come to New York on Oct 20th. She replied back and said thank you. I asked her if I was going to be receiving a email about what to do next as far as New York goes. No reply yet. Kinda weird they would call me again after I already did a phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

kecw in Greensboro, North Carolina said: Missed a call from a recruiter. She left me a voice mail and said she wanted to do a quick phone interview. She gave me a number to text back. I told her I had already completed the phone interview and was asked to come to New York on Oct 20th. She replied back and said thank you. I asked her if I was going to be receiving a email about what to do next as far as New York goes. No reply yet. Kinda weird they would call me again after I already did a phone interview.

That's strange! Have you heard anything back yet? I am hoping this email with the info is sent out soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HopefulFA2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina

36 months ago

BenAroundTheWorld IcantFindMyBaby in Queens, New York said: I just got a call today too!! Woo Hoo! They're calling today so fingers crossed for those waiting!
M, I live about 20 mins from JFK

I received a call today as well!! I STILL have my fingers crossed!LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

BenAroundTheWorld IcantFindMyBaby in Queens, New York said: I just got a call today too!! Woo Hoo! They're calling today so fingers crossed for those waiting!

Were you invited to a group session?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

36 months ago

congrats on everyone getting their calls. I still haven't heard anything but still trying to be hopeful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

mplsfa in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: That's strange! Have you heard anything back yet? I am hoping this email with the info is sent out soon!

No reply yet. She was quick to reply to my first text saying that I already did the interview but when I asked about the email, no answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

FLTATTwannabe in Florida said: congrats on everyone getting their calls. I still haven't heard anything but still trying to be hopeful.

Thank you! Keep the patient and hopeful. We"re all in the waiting game. Posting just closes today so there's still ample time to recieve a call. Fingers crossed for you also

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

That's awesome! Did you get any impression as to the required report time they expect; or requirements for where we must reside to JFK? Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Patience*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

36 months ago

HopefulFA2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Thank you! Keep the patient and hopeful. We"re all in the waiting game. Posting just closes today so there's still ample time to recieve a call. Fingers crossed for you also

you are very welcome and thank you also :-)

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

FormerFA in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey all, I applied two days ago and today got a call, and was invited to the interview on October 20th. The conversation on the phone is wonderful, and knowing they are calling you at 11pm in the middle of the night is almost crazy. The Recruiter I spoke too told me she was up on the phone until approximately 2am the night before.

Basically they asked the questions that mplsfa wrote and then told me that we could be flying up to 18 days straight at times. $1500.00 base pay a month and after 71 hours you make 21.13 an hour plus per diem and if you pass as a senior cabin crew you get 3.50 more an hour. I just cannot wait to go to the interview. I am a former flight attendant for an American Carrier and by the sounds of the recruiter it all sounds amazing. She actually told me she will be one of the recruiters to fly in to the interview, and that she will see me there. Also, this hasn't been mentioned yet but you do have to swim 200meters after the interview if selected without a break.

Good luck everyone and I cannot wait to see you all there.

Hi FormerFA,
thanks for the info; good luck to you! I am a former FA too. do you mind if I ask about what they meant by flying 18 days straight? We would be doing turns to/from few select destinations and NYC correct? I am guessing we have crew rest over there and they provide layover hotel? well, sorry for the questions! I was just trying to determine how this would all work. I guess legalities are different...

36 months ago

Hey does anyone know if this 200 meter swim is with your life vest on? am a bit worried about that am not a strong swimmer, better take some quick lessons.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FormerFA in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

MightFlyAgain in Florida said: Hi FormerFA,
thanks for the info; good luck to you! I am a former FA too. do you mind if I ask about what they meant by flying 18 days straight? We would be doing turns to/from few select destinations and NYC correct? I am guessing we have crew rest over there and they provide layover hotel ? well, sorry for the questions! I was just trying to determine how this would all work. I guess legalities are different...

Hi MightFlyAgain,
To my understanding, we will also be flying to all of their destinations except for Bangkok. They asked me if it would be a problem to be gone up to 18 days per month, which I of course answered no problem, then I was asked if I would mind flying to all there destinations except for Bangkok. She said during the 18 days I would do approximately 6 trips. Im guessing that is meaning once over in Europe you would do 6 different 2-3 day trips. I myself doesn't mind about being gone that long. I guess more shall tell at the interview. I was reading on another forum, which I cannot find at the moment, that they will be conducting FLL base crew sometime in November. I remember you stating you would love to be FLL base.
Im sorry if I didn't answer all your questions, but please feel free to ask anything I didn't answer again. I took notes during the phone interview and asked plenty of questions, we had about a 20-30minute phone conversation. :-) Very sweet people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

36 months ago

FormerFA in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi MightFlyAgain,
To my understanding, we will also be flying to all of their destinations except for Bangkok. They asked me if it would be a problem to be gone up to 18 days per month, which I of course answered no problem, then I was asked if I would mind flying to all there destinations except for Bangkok. She said during the 18 days I would do approximately 6 trips. Im guessing that is meaning once over in Europe you would do 6 different 2-3 day trips. I myself doesn't mind about being gone that long. I guess more shall tell at the interview. I was reading on another forum, which I cannot find at the moment, that they will be conducting FLL base crew sometime in November. I remember you stating you would love to be FLL base.
Im sorry if I didn't answer all your questions, but please feel free to ask anything I didn't answer again. I took notes during the phone interview and asked plenty of questions, we had about a 20-30minute phone conversation. :-) Very sweet people.

Hi FormerFA, thanks for all the great info. That would be so awesome. I just hope they have jumpseat agreements with other airlines and/or interline agreements. I keep hoping I hear from them soon for a phone interview and hopefully on to a f2f as well. I am ready to get back into flying. I miss it so much. It sounds like they are getting ready to do quite a bit of expansion here. Certainly a great opportunity if you get the chance to work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Jeeessshh, I'm totally stoked just thinking of this opportunity. I can't stop reading the forum! I hope I'll be able to meet you all soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

FormerFA in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi MightFlyAgain,

thank you FormerFA for your response,
it really sounds like a great opportunity. yes, I agree I would think the group interview session will provide more details, hopefully I might have that opportunity. That is interesting that you heard they will recruit for FLL later. Actually MCO would be even better. I have read they will be starting service there in the Spring. If I am lucky enough to get to the phone interview maybe I will ask what they suggest. Of course, I would be appreciative of any opportunity, but I am concerned about affording apt, or arranging a crash pad, in NYC. I have family about 3 hours away, but it would be tough to make it into JFK weekly often and make it affordable. we will see! thanks again....good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

benaroundtheworldicantfindmybaby in Queens, New York

36 months ago

Don't forget to look this over

www.norwegian.com/us/about-norwegian/our-company/vision/

At the F2F, it's always good to know the expectations of the company :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

MightFlyAgain in Florida said: thank you FormerFA for your response,
it really sounds like a great opportunity. yes, I agree I would think the group interview session will provide more details, hopefully I might have that opportunity. That is interesting that you heard they will recruit for FLL later. Actually MCO would be even better. I have read they will be starting service there in the Spring. If I am lucky enough to get to the phone interview maybe I will ask what they suggest. Of course, I would be appreciative of any opportunity, but I am concerned about affording apt, or arranging a crash pad, in NYC. I have family about 3 hours away, but it would be tough to make it into JFK weekly often and make it affordable. we will see! thanks again....good luck!

I would hope they would have some jump seat agreements so it would be commutable... living in or around NYC on a FA salary is pretty much impossible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

BellaFly in NYC CREW, New York

36 months ago

Hi everyone, I'm a current FA living in NYC. I am really excited about this opportunity. I will be there on the 20th! I hope the best for everyone.

This is truly a lifestyle for those who have not become FAs yet. I love it and want to go international.

All the best!

*BTW, received a call the other day! Same info as everyone else. No email yet :)

36 months ago

BellaFly in NYC CREW, New York said: Hi everyone, I'm a current FA living in NYC. I am really excited about this opportunity. I will be there on the 20th! I hope the best for everyone.

This is truly a lifestyle for those who have not become FAs yet. I love it and want to go international.

All the best!

*BTW, received a call the other day! Same info as everyone else. No email yet :)

I am really excited about this opportunity as well! As a current regional FA I am so ready to go international!

Crash Pad ATL in Atlanta, Georgia

36 months ago

Hey guys,

Here's a link to a blog of a Flight Attendant who graduated from Norwegian Airlines. I'm not sure of his name but the dates are pretty recent. He blogged from training to after his IOE. He's based in Oslo, Norway but you kind of get an insight of what a typical day looks like as an FA working for Norwegian Air Shuttle

Hope this helps..

myflightattendantblog.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

Crash Pad ATL in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey guys,

Here's a link to a blog of a Flight Attendant who graduated from Norwegian Airlines. I'm not sure of his name but the dates are pretty recent. He blogged from training to after his IOE. He's based in Oslo, Norway but you kind of get an insight of what a typical day looks like as an FA working for Norwegian Air Shuttle

Hope this helps..

myflightattendantblog.com/

thanks for finding and posting that! that was great to read...exciting! it is my impression we would be hired to do the 'shuttle' NYC to Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen when they set up all those routes....I am thinking their FAs will keep the inter-counntry routes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sky5455 in Huntington Park, California

36 months ago

Hi all! I had my phone interview yesterday and they called again today also for a phone interview! They said they've had a problem with the system so that's why they are double calling. Also they said they will be emailing us with our interview info first thing next week. I asked a lot of questions and I've come up with so many reasons why this is such an exciting opportunity that I can't stop thinking about it! It seems that whoever gets hired in this batch will be their first US employees. They don't even have a base in NY yet I don't think, so if whoever is familiar with the airline industry, the thought of being the most senior people flying in the US is so exciting! I speculate that if this is the case, would their even be a time we would be on reserve? Their pay isn't bad either compared to other airlines. Plus, longer flights equals more time off! I work for a regional and I work ALOT of days to get enough hours to pay my bills. Anyway, that's my happy rant!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Sky5455 in Huntington Park, California said: Hi all! I had my phone interview yesterday and they called again today also for a phone interview! They said they've had a problem with the system so that's why they are double calling. Also they said they will be emailing us with our interview info first thing next week. I asked a lot of questions and I've come up with so many reasons why this is such an exciting opportunity that I can't stop thinking about it! It seems that whoever gets hired in this batch will be their first US employees. They don't even have a base in NY yet I don't think, so if whoever is familiar with the airline industry, the thought of being the most senior people flying in the US is so exciting! I speculate that if this is the case, would their even be a time we would be on reserve? Their pay isn't bad either compared to other airlines. Plus, longer flights equals more time off! I work for a regional and I work ALOT of days to get enough hours to pay my bills. Anyway, that's my happy rant!

Thanks so much for this info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Sky5455 in Huntington Park, California said: Hi all! I had my phone interview yesterday and they called again today also for a phone interview! They said they've had a problem with the system so that's why they are double calling. Also they said they will be emailing us with our interview info first thing next week. I asked a lot of questions and I've come up with so many reasons why this is such an exciting opportunity that I can't stop thinking about it! It seems that whoever gets hired in this batch will be their first US employees. They don't even have a base in NY yet I don't think, so if whoever is familiar with the airline industry, the thought of being the most senior people flying in the US is so exciting! I speculate that if this is the case, would their even be a time we would be on reserve? Their pay isn't bad either compared to other airlines. Plus, longer flights equals more time off! I work for a regional and I work ALOT of days to get enough hours to pay my bills. Anyway, that's my happy rant!

I agree. The prospect of being very senior and longer flights makes this regional FA very happy! I feel like I never stop flying just so my rent is paid and I'm rarely there to enjoy having my own place! But I love flying, so it's not so bad. I just think the opportunity for international flying with Norwegian seems amazing and I am so excited about it.

36 months ago

Has anyone who had the phone interview asked/received info as to flights being provided to NY for this? I speculate not since they didn't ask where I'd be coming from, but I forgot to ask because I was so excited to have gotten the call, lol!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

36 months ago

I'm a bit curious to find out for those that have received phone calls already and invited for f2f.....are you all 30 and under? I'm hoping they are not like Emirates and want all their flight attendants to be younger.

36 months ago

FLTATTwannabe in Florida said: I'm a bit curious to find out for those that have received phone calls already and invited for f2f.....are you all 30 and under? I'm hoping they are not like Emirates and want all their flight attendants to be younger.

I'm 30 years young.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

FLTATTwannabe in Florida said: I'm a bit curious to find out for those that have received phone calls already and invited for f2f.....are you all 30 and under? I'm hoping they are not like Emirates and want all their flight attendants to be younger.

I'm 30

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

thank you for sharing this info! wow, I never even considered we might hold lines...the whole reserve/seniority thing...so true! 90% of my FA time was reserve so I admit I just figured. can I ask you, during your phone call did they give you any info about how far we have to live to JFK, or anything about Florida bases? All I can guess is that it would be 3 day trips....fly over, layover and back. so many questions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

I am stressed that living in NYC I would not be ahead $$ though!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

MightFlyAgain in Florida

36 months ago

I would not think so. As long as you are well groomed, fit and make a positive impression.. I think its fine. :)

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

36 months ago

MightFlyAgain in Florida said: I would not think so. As long as you are well groomed, fit and make a positive impression.. I think its fine. :)

thanks...but so far it looks like 30/younger are the ones getting the phone interviews and invites to f2f. That was kind of what I was afraid of. But it's fine...others are hiring as well that I am trying for. Right place and right time plays a big factor.

36 months ago

MightFlyAgain in Florida said: thank you for sharing this info! wow, I never even considered we might hold lines...the whole reserve/seniority thing...so true! 90% of my FA time was reserve so I admit I just figured. can I ask you, during your phone call did they give you any info about how far we have to live to JFK, or anything about Florida bases? All I can guess is that it would be 3 day trips....fly over, layover and back. so many questions!

I'm not sure about that, and I'm a little worried about codeshare benefits and jumpseat agreements! But, if it helps to anyone, I've been living in Los Angeles on regional FA salary and done just fine. I've looked at rooms and crash pads and apts in NY and it's very comparable to where I live, of course not in beautiful Manhattan, but Brooklyn/Queens area, which is closer to JFK anyway. Don't let it deter you! So many FAs that love their job came from small or inexpensive cities to New York and made it work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fly5455 in Long Beach, California

36 months ago

BellaFly in NYC CREW, New York said: Hi everyone, I'm a current FA living in NYC. I am really excited about this opportunity. I will be there on the 20th! I hope the best for everyone.

All the best!

Hi BellaFly!

Are you from NYC? Seems a lot of people are worried about cost of living and wanted to see if you had some insight!

Hkchow42 in Fraser, Michigan

36 months ago

FormerFA in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey all, I applied two days ago and today got a call, and was invited to the interview on October 20th. The conversation on the phone is wonderful, and knowing they are calling you at 11pm in the middle of the night is almost crazy. The Recruiter I spoke too told me she was up on the phone until approximately 2am the night before.

Basically they asked the questions that mplsfa wrote and then told me that we could be flying up to 18 days straight at times. $1500.00 base pay a month and after 71 hours you make 21.13 an hour plus per diem and if you pass as a senior cabin crew you get 3.50 more an hour. I just cannot wait to go to the interview. I am a former flight attendant for an American Carrier and by the sounds of the recruiter it all sounds amazing. She actually told me she will be one of the recruiters to fly in to the interview, and that she will see me there. Also, this hasn't been mentioned yet but you do have to swim 200meters after the interview if selected without a break.

Good luck everyone and I cannot wait to see you all there.

Are you sure 200 meters is 660ft /0.125miles that's about 6 787 stacked together front to end

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.