Omni Air Int'l

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1901 to 1950 of 2397)
Page:  « First « Previous   36  37  38  39  40  41  42  Next »   Last »

puddin in Kansas City, Missouri

58 months ago

Hi all - Does anyone know if the flying out of DFW will be the same length of trips as ATL? Also, is commuting possible to DFW or is relocation mandatory? Thanks in advance for any info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

numberonebest in atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

@Tee in Stone Mountain A recruiting session is by INVITE ONLY! Something stuck out on your resume that had them invite you to the session! An open house is basically that! It's open to anyone that wants to attend! The process is the same with both events I believe! Good Luck :)

@ Puddin in Kansas City The flying out of DFW is the same as ATL according to the recruiting session! Commuting is possible as you will have several jumpseat agreements with different airlines! I would recommend you getting a crashpad though in DFW because they are very strict about attendance!

Tee in Stone Mountain, Georgia

58 months ago

Thanks so much Numberonebest! I realized it was mentioned in my email. I was so excited I read over that information! Are you currently an Omni Flight Attendant?

Guy10 in Davenport, Florida

58 months ago

Tee in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Can someone please explain to me the difference between "Recruiting Session" and "Open House" . I am so excited to finally receive an email about attending a Recruiting Session in ATL!!! Thanks much guys! This Forum is awesome!!!

Congrats for getting the invite!!!

58 months ago

Thanks!!

OAIgrad in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

Yayyyy you guys will do great at interviews I love this place this company Rock!!!

58 months ago

How long have you been a flight attendant for OAI?

58 months ago

Tee in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: How long have you been a flight attendant for OAI?

Hey Tee for about 2 months now I use to work for a regional airline and it was a nightmare so working at Omni has been a dream this Airline has me really spoil everything just feels like a big vacation!!!

58 months ago

Cool! I'm excited, I hope that I am chosen to come aboard! Whats life like for you working with Omni if you don't mind my asking??? Are you home much? Away often? I don't have children or a spouse, so I have no problem with being away from home. Just curious as to a day in the life of a OAI Flight Attendant.

58 months ago

Tee in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Cool! I'm excited, I hope that I am chosen to come aboard! Whats life like for you working with Omni if you don't mind my asking??? Are you home much? Away often? I don't have children or a spouse, so I have no problem with being away from home. Just curious as to a day in the life of a OAI Flight Attendant.

Well Omni is a Charter Airline so it going to be quite a fun ride due to you can end up anywhere around the globe. A typical trip is about 2 and a half weeks out but the flying is pretty easy usually one flight and your done. Just be sharp on your interview because Omni does not play when its comes to picking new hires

Lady in Corsicana, Texas

58 months ago

How to get to an Open House in DFW?
Any upcoming events?
Thank you.

Guy10 in Davenport, Florida

58 months ago

Tee in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Thanks!!

I'm not sure, but I think I might see you there. :-p

nm0950 in Macon, Georgia

58 months ago

Where is the training held for Omni?

Tee

58 months ago

Training held in Atlanta Ga

nm0950 in Macon, Georgia said: Where is the training held for Omni?

Tee in Lithonia, Georgia

58 months ago

Just curious, I was reading this forum from start to finish, I noticed that once hired a few people did not get their training start date right away. Is that still the case??? I hope not, because I'm super excited about receiving the opportunity to even come to the Recruiting Session!! Please help! Thanks!

laure in Glendora, California

58 months ago

Does Omni prefer candidates who are already living in the DFW or ATL area?

laure in Glendora, California

58 months ago

Does Omni prefer that you are already living in the DFW or ATL area? (will that make or break being invited to a recruitment thing?)

GUY10 in Florida

58 months ago

laure in Glendora, California said: Does Omni prefer that you are already living in the DFW or ATL area? (will that make or break being invited to a recruitment thing?)

No, you can still be invited for a recruitment session, just remember you will have to pay for your expenses to get there.

2bflygirlagain in Jonesboro, Georgia

58 months ago

Hi! I recently sent in my application! I used to fly for a regional. I also live in Atlanta, have had 15 jobs in the last 10 years that I can break down to the best of my ability. I have only 2 traffic violations ever in my life (didnt stop "good enough" at a stop sign and well it was my fault I was driving downhill and naturally sped lol) and well that's it.

I guess with all that my question is, can I make it? And can I make over 30k a year? lol someone help!

1984girl in Istanbul, Turkey

58 months ago

to bflygirlagain: listing the 15 jobs within the last 10 years to the best of your ability may not be good enough. omni is super serious about getting the EXACT date you started EACH and EVERY job and the EXACT date you left EACH and EVERY job.

58 months ago

Life is good at Omni this is a great company to work!!!

58 months ago

2bflygirlagain in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Hi! I recently sent in my application! I used to fly for a regional. I also live in Atlanta, have had 15 jobs in the last 10 years that I can break down to the best of my ability. I have only 2 traffic violations ever in my life (didnt stop "good enough" at a stop sign and well it was my fault I was driving downhill and naturally sped lol) and well that's it.

I guess with all that my question is, can I make it? And can I make over 30k a year? lol someone help!

Their are alot people that make 30k are more in their first year Omni is a very decent airline to work for.

flapsup

58 months ago

OAIgrad in Atlanta, Georgia said: Life is good at Omni this is a great company to work!!!

Thanks, OAIgrad! I'm glad to hear that as I just sent off my resume! The website doesn't indicate if training with Omni is paid or not. Do you happen to know? Any info you have about training would be great! Thanks!

Tim

58 months ago

flapsup said: Thanks, OAIgrad! I'm glad to hear that as I just sent off my resume! The website doesn't indicate if training with Omni is paid or not. Do you happen to know? Any info you have about training would be great! Thanks!

Tim

Yes flapsup your training will be paid for and you will be place in a hotel with shuttle service to the training site good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patientlywaiting in Macon, Georgia

58 months ago

does anybody know if they are still hiring for sept class?

candysavers in Sycamore, Illinois

58 months ago

I sent a resume online to Delta and Omni.Delta emailed and said a recruiter would be contacting me that I made it so far. Omni, I sent a resume also ,emailed HR to see if she got it and when the class was and where. She said Sept 27 in Altanta.I flew for United for 11 yrs, and I am quite excited about Omni but I would love to know more about how they work,their domiciles, and what happens next after submitting the resume.Could anyone tell me the initial process?

Mrmann

58 months ago

Does anyone know when the session is in DFW?

Mrmann

58 months ago

I just noticed the posting for the position on 8/25 so I am sure they are going to be doing more open sessions? When is the next one?

58 months ago

Hey guys it looks like Omni is doing more hiring for this year so apply apply apply if you haven't got the chance to do so its a very stable and great company to fly for. The interviews for the most part are like many airlines just pay close attention and be yourself and you such be fine. Training is four weeks in Atlanta,GA (PAID) very professional and well organized with many people to help you pass. Loads of jumpseat agreements to choose from such as Delta, Airtran, Jetblue, Frontier, Southwest, Virgin America and lots more. The Delta FA's are close neighbors are always asking me when I'm going to fly for them and I always say I am just fine at Omni.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Thanks OAlgrad, I was just going to ask you how long is training in ATL and you answered my question. I really would like to work with OAI. It does sound like a great company. Do they also pay for uniforms? They do sound very strick. Any other advice would be helpful. Are there anymore sessions in Atl or only DFW?

58 months ago

patientlywaiting in Macon, Georgia said: Thanks OAlgrad, I was just going to ask you how long is training in ATL and you answered my question. I really would like to work with OAI. It does sound like a great company. Do they also pay for uniforms? They do sound very strick. Any other advice would be helpful. Are there anymore sessions in Atl or only DFW?

Uniforms are payroll from your check its only like 20 bucks a month for your luggage you may order it form Omni or just buy it yourself. Yes the company is really strict about attendance you must be on time! most airlines are usually unforgiving to a late FA's. And yes we do have strict uniforms guidelines that have to be follow but its good because Airports always voted us best dress!. I think their going to be a interview sessions on Sept 27 in ATL shoot HR a email to see if you can get into that sessions,

Missmess

58 months ago

OAI grad, thanks for all the information, really appreciate it. I am going to call on Monday and talk to the recruiter. They wanted to interview before and I wasnt available on the date. She said I was welcome next time they interviewed. How hard is it to get DFW based? Do you fly more than 70 hours? What kind of trips do you get and how long is reserve? Thanks so much!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

DFW is a brand new base so I'm highly sure if you want it then it yours! for hrs sometimes you fly over guarantee and sometimes you won't but overall the pay is very decent with all the flying that we have at this time. The trips can be very exotic which are mostly a international trip are could land up being very boring you just never know where you end up. For reserve your always on reserve their are senior lines out their but mostly when you bid your just bidding for Off days. Also for reserve your on 19 days on and the rest of the month off vise verse they are some good lines that won't work you that long it all just depends on what the company doing.

Remember there is call out pay to which means when you volunteer a day off you get 200$ plus per diem plus flight hrs added on to your check.

58 months ago

OAIgrad in Atlanta, Georgia said: DFW is a brand new base so I'm highly sure if you want it then it yours! for hrs sometimes you fly over guarantee and sometimes you won't but overall the pay is very decent with all the flying that we have at this time. The trips can be very exotic which are mostly a international trip are could land up being very boring you just never know where you end up. For reserve your always on reserve their are senior lines out their but mostly when you bid your just bidding for Off days. Also for reserve your on 19 days on and the rest of the month off vise verse they are some good lines that won't work you that long it all just depends on what the company doing.

Remember there is call out pay to which means when you volunteer a day off you get 200$ plus per diem plus flight hrs added on to your check.

How much time do they give you if you have to relocate?

Missmess

58 months ago

OAIgrad, thanks for all the information. Wow, being DFW based would be a dream for me. Since Southwest and AA aren't hiring and DAL dropped thier base here. I wouldn't have to rent a crash pad or buy another car or learn the new rail system to get to and from the airport. ( I am willing to do all that though) I am just 15 minutes away from DFW from my home. Since OAI isn't your traditional airline, are you ready reserve 24/7 on certain days or do you generally know in advance your days on and off? $200 and per diem and hours....I would almost give them all my days off. Thanks again, your very kind.

candysavers in Rockford, Illinois

58 months ago

OALgrad--could you please tell me if I will hear back from HR after I submit my resume or do I just go to Atlanta on my own and show up at an open house? I sent a resume online

58 months ago

Is anyone still getting calls or emails after you sent resume online for Sept?

Missmess

58 months ago

I spoke with Human Resources at Omni today and she said they are still going through resumes. They only have a few openings left for the Sept inteview session and havent been told yet whether there is one in October or not.

58 months ago

Missmess said: I spoke with Human Resources at Omni today and she said they are still going through resumes. They only have a few openings left for the Sept inteview session and havent been told yet whether there is one in October or not.

Did they say how soon it would be before they contact you?

Missmess

58 months ago

No, she didnt say. She just said that they are going through the resumes and thats about it. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they need quite a few more and give me the chance to interview.

58 months ago

Does anyone know what I could do to prepare ahead of time such as learning the aircraft for Omni or what airport codes a charter airline would have to know.At UAL Ilearned what we flew to.

Missmess

58 months ago

LaShawn, love that name, what do you mean avoid, avoid, avoid?

58 months ago

Melissa is very nice and helpful I don't know what LaShawn deal is?

58 months ago

OAIgrad in Atlanta, Georgia said: Melissa is very nice and helpful I don't know what LaShawn deal is?

Hi OAI, do you know if they are still contacting people for sept?

Purple in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

Did anyone attended the info session today in Atlanta? How'd it go? When is the next training class? More importantly, how large is the current FA pool? Thanks in advance.

k8 in Colonial Heights, Virginia

54 months ago

Im working for a regional airline now under united express for about a month now. I like the job HATE the company. I sent my resume to omni theres an open house Jan 4th but I cant get off. I reallly would love to switch to a international airline, and it says they are hiring, Not sure if I should go ahead and quit now or wait untill another open house comes about and try for that. People arnt saying too much negative things about Omni (like my airline- we all hate the company) Does omni pick those who only know English? or im sure your chances are better with a 2nd language.?

Natasha Smith in Europe

54 months ago

K8,
Yes, Omni has an open house for their Dallas base. Don't know if they'll have another one for some time after that, but YES, Omni is a wonderful company to work for, and NO, you don't need a second language!
Open house info: You need to get there much earlier than the time the doors open, there'll be a big crowd most likely, and they shut the doors after the allotted amount of people is reached, no matter if you're there before opening hours. Think of it like it's Black Friday..lol.
Good luck! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Natasha Smith in Europe

54 months ago

p.s. Can't you take a sick day for that open house?
No matter what, don't quit anything until you have a CJO (conditional job offer)!

suzzy in Minneapolis, Minnesota

54 months ago

hi. would anyone like to share a room the night before the open house?

gorgydan in Tecumseh, Oklahoma

54 months ago

Hello everybody! I was just wondering if you all could tell me if Omni hires college grads? I graduate in May, so I dont know if they would frown upon me not being available right away. thanks for everything! I plan on going to the january open house

Page:  « First « Previous   36  37  38  39  40  41  42  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.