PSA airline

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 1221)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

James in Summerville, South Carolina

61 months ago

Monica D. in Sacramento, California said: I can wait a couple months that's okay. So are you excited? Tell me what the uniform is??

Monica, if you give me your email address. I can send you an PDF file of what the uniforms look like, if you want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dee in Atlanta, Georgia

61 months ago

Does anyone know if the company is still hiring/ will be doing any more interviews before the year is out?

Merky in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

61 months ago

I got an email from Rachael Hernandez just stating they received my resume that I sent last Fri. Is this an automated response or does this mean remain hopeful?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Skysthelimit in Washington, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

did it state this: We have received your resume and if you are considered for employment, you will be contacted via email to confirm our interest in continuing with the applicant selection process? If so, i'm also remaining hopeful. GOOD LUCK!!

dee in Atlanta, Georgia

61 months ago

I received the same email nearly a month ago and I haven't heard anything since. Still keeping my fingers crossed though.

61 months ago

was your information sent prior to the July 14th invite?,or after? I'm just trying to determine if you either get an invite or the email. Has anyone gotten the email and then later received an invite, just wondering?

Monica in Sacramento, California

61 months ago

Don't worry about it. I sent my resume right before a session and I didn't get invited until the next session. I think they just need time to review your resume. Getting a flight attendant job takes a lot of time, patience and waiting.

61 months ago

Yes, how well i know, i'm actually want to get back into the airline industry, I've been a F/A for two different airlines. You stated that you got invited at the next session, did you receive two different emails, the first stating they received your resume and then the one inviting you or just the one?

61 months ago

Yes I received two different emails. One stating they received my resume, and another email inviting me to the interview. I wish you good luck in finding a flight attendant job.

61 months ago

Thank you so much Monica, I appreciate that. Have a wonderful day!

Merky in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

61 months ago

Thanks for the info, Monica!

61 months ago

No problem. Try this website for flight attendant career listings. Click on "Who's Hiring." I know that SkyWest was holding recruiting events.. and Air Wisconsin might be holding group interviews. I would not interview for Mesa if I were you. I was hired last September and 3 of my training classes were canceled up until April.

Flightattendantcareer.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Misty Parsons in Townsend, Tennessee

61 months ago

Monica D. in Fair Oaks, California said: Hey it's me again. So I was invited yesterday to attend the August 17th training too. I'm excited. I'm packing my bags even though it's 2 weeks away. I'm so excited!!!

I sent you an email. YAY!!!!!

Love to fly in Le Center, Minnesota

61 months ago

If they invite you to and interview do they fly you down to the interview, or do you have to find your own way to it?

61 months ago

PSA will provide a round-trip standby ticket

Love to fly in Le Center, Minnesota

61 months ago

So is it were they fly you out the day before and then fly you back the day of

MyDreamToBeAFA in Sherbrooke, Quebec

61 months ago

Monica in Sacramento, California said: PSA will provide a round-trip standby ticket

In training, do they - PSA Airlines - provide lodging and/or accommodations (room and board)?

Thank you!

61 months ago

Yes PSA provides a hotel, but to rent a refrigerator it's 1 buck a day. The accommodations seem nice, but I'm not arriving there until tomorrow.

skysthelimit in Washington, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Anyone out there get an invite for the 9/10/09 session in Oh?

fly girl in Bethpage, Tennessee

59 months ago

How did the OH go on the 10th? Anyone heard anything about a new class?????

ILove2Fly in Santa Ana, California

59 months ago

Hey there,
Anyone get invited to an interview in October?

ILove2Fly in Santa Ana, California

59 months ago

is there a more active forum for PSA?

dee in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

^^I was wondering the same thing, lol.

Still haven't heard a peep out of HR and I applied over three months ago. What's the dealio?

Patiently awaiting updates in Cincinnati, Ohio

59 months ago

fly girl in Bethpage, Tennessee said: How did the OH go on the 10th? Anyone heard anything about a new class?????

The PSA Flight Attendant interview session on the 10th of September, 2009 was conducted in quite an orderly and professional manner. The interview team made no undue promises, noting that any future openings would be those only to fill vacancies due to attrition. They were also very clear in relating that future classes may not be conducted until some time next year. With the current and continued economic climate of the airline industry, one must continue to keep abreast of day-to-day developments ... US Airways furloughs and Piedmont job reductions. I do applaud the interview team for their frankness in providing to-the-point answers regarding commuting and travel privileges ... everything was explained in black-and-white so as not to have the attendees seeing wrongly through rose-colored glasses. The interviewers held to their promise to touch bases within two weeks following the face-to-face interviews. Ms. Hernandez personally telephoned after twelve days to relate the team's decision. Kudos to those involved in the PSA interview process for their continued professionalism, friendliness and honesty. To this point, PSA appears to be a great choice for employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FormerFA in Beaufort, South Carolina

59 months ago

Has anyone heard of any hiring going on by PSA lately? I've submitted my resume weeks ago, and haven't heard anything. I did get the automated email, but that's about it.

Playto in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

I dont think PSA is hiring until next year you might want to give HR a call to confirm.

59 months ago

Playto in Denver, Colorado said: I dont think PSA is hiring until next year you might want to give HR a call to confirm.

Thank you Playto..
I checked on their site which has an open date of 07/2009 (I think), but no closing date is listed. I guess I'll just keep my fingers and toes crossed...lol

59 months ago

You are welcome :) Ive been a flight attendant before, its a waiting game really. Just keep sending your resumes and interest letters at least every six months persistance pays off. In the mean time you can google infor on flight attendants and get a head start on gaining insight into trainging to get a step ahead. Feel free to ask anything you want and I will reply. :) Good Luck!

59 months ago

Playto in Denver, Colorado said: You are welcome :) Ive been a flight attendant before, its a waiting game really. Just keep sending your resumes and interest letters at least every six months persistance pays off. In the mean time you can google infor on flight attendants and get a head start on gaining insight into trainging to get a step ahead. Feel free to ask anything you want and I will reply. :) Good Luck!

Ok, then you know once you fly, its in your blood..lol I've been a FA before too.

59 months ago

Yes and your one of a kind just like me. What airline did you work for? I worked for Ryan and FRontier and Mesa. So you already know how it works. Are you in NC? im in Denver.

59 months ago

Playto in Denver, Colorado said: Yes and your one of a kind just like me. What airline did you work for? I worked for Ryan and FRontier and Mesa. So you already know how it works. Are you in NC? im in Denver.

I worked for Republic Airlines (was based in Indianapolis). I'm in South Carolina.

59 months ago

Oh Wow I was trying to get in with Republic can you tell me what its like there? What made you leave.

59 months ago

Playto in Denver, Colorado said: Oh Wow I was trying to get in with Republic can you tell me what its like there? What made you leave.

I loved the people (FAs, Pilots and 1st Officers). Corporate is a horse of a different color though..lol The CEO Mr. Bedford is the best! Crew Scheduling had a problem with the supervisor, but he is no longer there, so things got alot better.

I left, b/c my mom died last year (Jan), 2 days before her death, I had to have a blood transfusion (3 liters) b/c I was very anemic and didn't know. I went on FMLA and had to miss a few trips. They actually turned all of my absences into occurences after they were approved as FMLA days. I didn't have the energy to fight, so I left. I can say that Republic is very unforgiving to any employee that tries to go back to them. Hopefully, you won't have to cross that path.

Overall, it was fun.

59 months ago

I am so sorry to hear about your Mother that is the hardest of all :( And I hope you are feeling better as well. That is not good they let you go while you were on FMLA. You should send Bedford an email explaining the situation and/or talk with the EEOC at Republic. I do have Bedfords email address if you would like it. I would like to ask you more questions about Republic if you can, please email me at Dannysnumber@aol.com just put FA indeed in the subject line. I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

59 months ago

Playto in Denver, Colorado said: I am so sorry to hear about your Mother that is the hardest of all :( And I hope you are feeling better as well. That is not good they let you go while you were on FMLA. You should send Bedford an email explaining the situation and/or talk with the EEOC at Republic. I do have Bedfords email address if you would like it. I would like to ask you more questions about Republic if you can, please email me at Dannysnumber@aol.com just put FA indeed in the subject line. I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Great minds think alike. I email Mr. Bedford, in turn he forwarded my email to someone in HR, they still would not extend an offer to atleast interview again. I never thought about the EEOC though. I'm wondering if any of this is keeping from getting an invitation to these other airlines.

I would be glad to answer any questions for you...my email is: sc_honey@hotmail.com

Good Luck getting in there...

59 months ago

Thank you for the email address I will email you with some questions and tell you of an experience i had. Also I don't think it has anything to do with you not being called for interviews but would like to talk with you more about it.

59 months ago

Playto in Denver, Colorado said: Thank you for the email address I will email you with some questions and tell you of an experience i had. Also I don't think it has anything to do with you not being called for interviews but would like to talk with you more about it.

Cool, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

live2fly

57 months ago

PSA is one of the worst to work for so be warned ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Why is PSA one of the worst airlines to work for? as you stated in your comment on here.

57 months ago

Hello, live2fly. I, like Playto in Denver, am also curious as to what transpired to lead to your post. As I had stated in my last comment, I was quite impressed with the interview session I attended on September 10th. Please shed some light on your concerns as I am awaiting hiring updates from PSA. Your insight would much be appreciated.

57 months ago

I would not take this comment seriously, when somebody makes a negative statement about an airline without backing it up with factual experience and/or real facts, its usually from a discruntled applicant who was not selected for an interview, or failed training or perhaps did not pass their IOE. Everybody knows there is no perfect airline to work for, you take the good with the bad in this fast paced,hectic,rigorous and tedious industry. The Fact is from my previous experience of working as a flight attendant and helping with IOE's on board the aircraft, this job is not for just anybody. It takes a rare individual who likes being away from home,and somebody who demonstrates maturity and flexability and not all applicants have those charactoristics. I have witnessed F/A's being terminated for lack of maturity on board, and I have seen F/A's who act like they are on summer vacation get terminated for behaving in unprofessional ways. These things must be taken into consideration when applying for the position. Don't let some discruntled applicant detour you from you reaching your goal, just because they may not be up to paar!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

fly girl

57 months ago

I've been with PSA for about three months. They are my third airline and although all airlines have ups and down, and good and bad, I'm happy to be flying for them and I haven't had a problem. Those of ya'll waiting for training, hang in there, I don't think it will be long!!!

57 months ago

Thank you, fly girl, for the upbeat and positive message. If I may ask, when did you start and complete your training? With the industry in such economic flux, I do understand that patience is a must. Continue to enjoy your career and good luck with the holiday challenges which are fast approaching. I remain, Patient in Cincinnati.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

fly girl

57 months ago

Training is about three weeks long...I graduated sept 4. We keep hearing they want to have another class in Jan or Feb!!! Good luck!

Merita Long in Milton, Florida

57 months ago

fly girl said: Training is about three weeks long...I graduated sept 4. We keep hearing they want to have another class in Jan or Feb!!! Good luck!

IS PSA CONDUCTING INTERVIEWS NOW OR DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THEY WILL BE? THANKS!

whosthatgirl? in Erlanger, Kentucky

57 months ago

I applied for PSA and have kept in contact with Rachel via e-mail. I am waiting for them to start up interviewing again which she indicated will be after the holidays. What are they chances of getting Charlotte as a base if I get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flygirl06

57 months ago

Just a quick show of hands here.
Who has been to an interview/training yet?
former PSA f/a here if anyone has questions

Monica D. in Rancho Cordova, California

56 months ago

I think the management at PSA is really good and some of the employees are very professional. I was recently hired and only worked for a couple months in Dayton, Ohio. I have to be honest.. the gossip got of hand.

I am a very friendly person and people were just saying untrue things about me. I became very ill from pregnancy and was in-and-out of the hospital. Unfortunately there were complications.. but now I feel good and I am back working as a dental assistant.

Please consider the living arrangements while being a flight attendant. I lived with two other people in a studio apartment. Close quarters can often be frustrating and cultural difference occur.

Before settling with a flight attendant job, please consider other options. The economy is poor and earning a degree is vital. I am happy living with my family and I will be graduating next year.

Keep your options open and your goals high :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

PSA Flight Attendant in Burlington, North Carolina

56 months ago

Monica D. in Rancho Cordova, California said: I think the management at PSA is really good and some of the employees are very professional. I was recently hired and only worked for a couple months in Dayton, Ohio. I have to be honest.. the gossip got of hand.

I am a very friendly person and people were just saying untrue things about me. I became very ill from pregnancy and was in-and-out of the hospital. Unfortunately there were complications.. but now I feel good and I am back working as a dental assistant.

Please consider the living arrangements while being a flight attendant. I lived with two other people in a studio apartment. Close quarters can often be frustrating and cultural difference occur.

Before settling with a flight attendant job, please consider other options. The economy is poor and earning a degree is vital. I am happy living with my family and I will be graduating next year.

Keep your options open and your goals high :)

You started alll you own gossip hunny bwaaa hahaha!!! Do not even go there... friendly person; maybe; back stabbing yes and honest no way. The racial slurs that came out of your mouth were sick. You were ill from pregnancy because your bulimia disorder which causes a huge chemical inbalance which makes you a crazy person! Which everyone in the entire USAirways industry, FAA, and Dayton Airport agree... new revisions were made in the FAM concerning a particular FA who brought her dog on the a/c which working, and putting the dog in the overhead compartment and letting the dog crap in the airport and then get sick from trying to pick it up and throwing up on top of it.

On the bright side, being a flight attendant is one of the most exciting careers out there. I love this company and plan on staying here for many years to come. Its very family oriented and manangement is very cooperating! Yes there is a lot of think about being a flight attendant if you have never been one.

Happy days =D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Monica D. in Rancho Cordova, California

56 months ago

I have tracked this person's IP address and it's my ex-roommate. This is exactly the unprofessionalism I am refering to. Good luck being a flight attendant Mark :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.