PSA airline

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (401 to 450 of 1180)
Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »

Flyingfan in Raleigh, North Carolina

50 months ago

DENFA in Denver, Colorado said: i have California Pacific Airways website if you need it let me know, best wishes.

I found it :) Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DENFA in Denver, Colorado

50 months ago

Your welcome, also There is a new airline in florida starting but I forgot the name of it I think its going to fly out of orlando sanford airport? I found it by looking up new airlines on google. Sorry i forgot the name but i found it by mistake but there are other ways you can do research and find out. bye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

I received an e-mail from Jennifer at PSA...I replied back thanking her for the e-mail!!!

sky-king04 in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

50 months ago

Best wishes to you but honestly .... you don't wanna fly for then because you spend more money sitting in a hotel in your base waiting to be called more then you'll make money. This is why my class and i left. you get 72hrs a month but you'll only wind up flying btwn 40-60hrs unless you kiss up to scheduling. Apply to Republic we are the best in the industry right now with alot of flying for CO,UA,DL,AA,US,F9(Frontier). I'm Sure you'll be happy.

Sky-King04

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sky-king04 in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

50 months ago

Flyingfan in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I received an e-mail from Jennifer at PSA...I replied back thanking her for the e-mail!!!

Best wishes to you but honestly .... you don't wanna fly for then because you spend more money sitting in a hotel in your base waiting to be called more then you'll make money. This is why my class and i left. you get 72hrs a month but you'll only wind up flying btwn 40-60hrs unless you kiss up to scheduling. Apply to Republic we are the best in the industry right now with alot of flying for CO,UA,DL,AA,US,F9(Frontier). I'm Sure you'll be happy.

Sky-King04

nubianmo in Florence, South Carolina

50 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: Lets get this forum going. I am a recent hire of PSA. I attended the May open interview session in CLT. I received a call exactly a week later offering me employment. Any one else out there hired from that open house? If there are some, when are yall's start dates? I am excited about beginning my career in aviation. Hope to get some responses soon!!

Good morning.

How was the training and what to expect? What is your schedule like? Where did you did your training and where was your location. I took the test as a ramp agent and my score was a 89.5, which they stated you needed a 90 to pass. I found it quite strange to not obtained a 90 with the 89.5 rounded. Did you know anything about the rehire policy with PSA? Please feel free to contact me with any information about this company. nubianmo@yahoo.com Thanks for your cooperation.
Be Bless

50 months ago

sky-king04 in Gwynn Oak, Maryland said: Best wishes to you but honestly .... you don't wanna fly for then because you spend more money sitting in a hotel in your base waiting to be called more then you'll make money. This is why my class and i left. you get 72hrs a month but you'll only wind up flying btwn 40-60hrs unless you kiss up to scheduling. Apply to Republic we are the best in the industry right now with alot of flying for CO,UA,DL,AA,US,F9(Frontier). I'm Sure you'll be happy.

Sky-King04

What is the training like? I applied with PSA and awaiting. I took the ramp agent training and scored out with a 89.5 You need a 90 to pass, but I was assure that they would have rounded the 89.5 up to a 90. It is all good though cause I am not a quitter. I applied for the flight attendant position with PSA. PSA in Florence, SC stated that they do not rehire anyone but you can re apply???? I can't seem to understand their policy......... Do you have any direction as to where I should go from this point? Feel free to contact me if necessary at nubianmo@yahoo.com Thanks for your cooperation.

Be Bless

sky-king04 in Washington, District of Columbia

50 months ago

nubianmo in Florence, South Carolina said: What is the training like? I applied with PSA and awaiting. I took the ramp agent training and scored out with a 89.5 You need a 90 to pass, but I was assure that they would have rounded the 89.5 up to a 90. It is all good though cause I am not a quitter. I applied for the flight attendant position with PSA. PSA in Florence, SC stated that they do not rehire anyone but you can re apply???? I can't seem to understand their policy......... Do you have any direction as to where I should go from this point? Feel free to contact me if necessary at nubianmo@yahoo.com Thanks for your cooperation.

Be Bless

Trainging was tough although it really shouldn't have been . They pack the study material on top of each other night after night . it's 3 wks of hell and disorganized studying. Apply to Republic your better off there.

Sky-KKing04

50 months ago

I just applied to Republic. Thanks for the information. Are you working as a flight attendant? What are your days and hours like?

Anticipating excitement_any minute in Clarksville, Tennessee

50 months ago

sky-king04 in Gwynn Oak, Maryland said: Best wishes to you but honestly .... you don't wanna fly for then because you spend more money sitting in a hotel in your base waiting to be called more then you'll make money. This is why my class and i left. you get 72hrs a month but you'll only wind up flying btwn 40-60hrs unless you kiss up to scheduling. Apply to Republic we are the best in the industry right now with alot of flying for CO,UA,DL,AA,US,F9(Frontier). I'm Sure you'll be happy.

Sky-King04

Hey Sky -King,
As a new hire set for training on Monday -your statements are concerning. I am curious where your base was. I am wondering if maybe that is part of the reason you were not used much? How come you paid for hotels instead of getting a crash pad? Are there just not many in the PSA system? I am glad you have found a home at Republic, that is all we are all really looking for!!

50 months ago

sky-king04 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Trainging was tough although it really shouldn't have been . They pack the study material on top of each other night after night . it's 3 wks of hell and disorganized studying. Apply to Republic your better off there.

Sky-KKing04

I had figured that the training was going to be fast, furious and rough being as that its all compacted into three weeks. Any pointers for us that are set to start? (Other then BAIL OUT...lol)

50 months ago

nubianmo in Florence, South Carolina said: I just applied to Republic. Thanks for the information. Are you working as a flight attendant? What are your days and hours like?

OK good luck to you i know you'll do just fine and we would be happy to have you in the RAH family. Yes i am a FLight Attendant for Republic and i love it. Your days can be any where from 4hrs to as long as 14hrs long. Your hrs are 75 but you make over that but you can pick up hrs on your off days. theres no caps and everyone is like a family here.

Sky-King04

50 months ago

Anticipating excitement_any minute in Clarksville, Tennessee said: Hey Sky -King,
As a new hire set for training on Monday -your statements are concerning. I am curious where your base was. I am wondering if maybe that is part of the reason you were not used much? How come you paid for hotels instead of getting a crash pad? Are there just not many in the PSA system? I am glad you have found a home at Republic, that is all we are all really looking for!!

Ok when i started at PSA your seniority went by age and thats how you got your base assignment but you chose your base as well in the order you chose them. I wanted CLT (Charlotte) NC because i'm a commuter from the sunshine state so it would be just one flight but instead i was DAY base and i had to catch 2 flights just to get to base....... i was spending $40.34 each night i was there waiting to be called. you sit hot reserve a lot and not get called at times. Later own i got my transfer to CLT and the same things happen there but hot reserve can go for up to 12 am and the airport closes at 1030 and the last flt leaves at 1015pm thats BS. the whole 8mths i was there i spent over $1300 for hotels and food and i didn't want a crash pad because i have a mortgage i pay as well as other expenses. Only time you make over your 72hrs is during the holidays from nov-jan thats it. your pays checks will be btwn 500-630$$$$ not to mention the taxes taken depending on what city and state your from . So think about it ...... my whole class left except 2 are still there. It's very disappointing being there and it will take you almost 2.5-3yrs to get a line in CLT,DAY,TYS. What makes it so hard is if TYS (Knoxville) get more lines than the other bases then all the senior F/A's will bounce from one base to the next which will bump you down at your base that has the good lines and thats not right . Most airlines you have to wait 6mths to transfer to another base but not at PSA which is WRONG.

Sky-King04

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

C_E in Mount Sinai, New York

50 months ago

Hi Sky-King,

I just had a couple questions, if you can help me out! 1) you mentioned paying $40/night to sit on reserve - are you referring to sleeping accommodations, or does PSA charge for flight benefits per leg?

2)Regarding only going over guarantee during the holiday season - is that based on flights solely what Crew Scheduling assigns? Are you not able to pick up trips easily on days off?

Thanks!!

flyboynick80 in Hilliard, Ohio

50 months ago

sky-king04 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Trainging was tough although it really shouldn't have been . They pack the study material on top of each other night after night . it's 3 wks of hell and disorganized studying. Apply to Republic your better off there.

Sky-KKing04

I totally agree!!!!Left training from PSA Airlines early...Disorganized and ridiculous training material. Was told to study certain things BEFORE training in the "Hire Packet" and not once was it taught while in class.....NEVER AGAIN...DONT WORK THERE....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Haley23 in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

50 months ago

Flyingfan in Raleigh I just received an email from Jennifer also!!! It was just stating she received my email and if I am considered I will be contacted through email. Does anyone know if they are having any interviews soon? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Flygirl06 in Charlotte, North Carolina

50 months ago

Please heed the advice of flyboynick80 & skykking you DONOT want to work for PSA it is a horrible company to work for!! Trust me I worked there for 2 1/2 years they are1of the lowest paying in the regional industry & there is an obvious reason as to why the turnover at this company is always exceptionally high!! Scheduling is the worst & the benefits are not much better! I could go on but... Please think carefully before applying to or accepting an offer from this company

Sky-King04 in new york city, New York

50 months ago

flyboynick80 and Flygirl06 are so right ladies and gentlemen. PSA is Horrible. Plz re think your choice of airlines. I mean think about it. Would you want to work in an environment where your MGR of inflight is coming into the crew which is shared with piedmont airlines to be nosey or try so dig up some kind of dirt on you to try and fire you. Or when you Director and MGR of inflight sceem against you and fire you. The training is bad and disorganized and that hotel although is was a place to stay was not of best accommodations and then if your based in DAY you paid the same amount of money the company pays for you to over night there when you interview which $40.34 a night. NOW add that up for every day your on reserve and you need to stay there because you live in another city? The company only has 49 jets 34 of them are 50 seaters and 15 are 70 seaters now spread those planes out to the different bases and the flight attendants who hold lines on them...... you will be on reserve for over 2yrs. PLZ people re think your decision you don't want to be in debt wrking for that horrible food stamp airline. And the union aint SH****IT. and to C_E in Mount Sinai plz listen to what we're saying.

Sky-King04

50 months ago

Haley23 in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: Flyingfan in Raleigh I just received an email from Jennifer also!!! It was just stating she received my email and if I am considered I will be contacted through email. Does anyone know if they are having any interviews soon? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Well OBVIOUSLY some people are unhappy with PSA..and I'm sorry they feel that way. Yes this a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion/facts. But let's face it...this isn't a place for defamation which is illegal. I've worked for two separate airlines but would NEVER bad mouth them.

Good luck in hearing back from them by the way. If you hear back before I do...send me an e-mail if you want andersenbil@gmail.com or you can send me one at any rate...Thanks.

Sky-King04 in new york city, New York

50 months ago

Flyingfan in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Well OBVIOUSLY some people are unhappy with PSA..and I'm sorry they feel that way. Yes this a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion/facts. But let's face it...this isn't a place for defamation which is illegal. I've worked for two separate airlines but would NEVER bad mouth them.

Good luck in hearing back from them by the way. If you hear back before I do...send me an e-mail if you want andersenbil@gmail.com or you can send me one at any rate...Thanks.

OH child please......it's only human if you don't like something you talk about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Haley23 in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

50 months ago

I love hearing everyone's opinion! Definitely some things to think about BUT everyone is different. I'm sure some people hate PSA while others who have or do work there love it. If I get lucky I guess I'll be able to find out for myself if its a good fit for me. I'll let you know if I hear anything back FlyingFan! Keep me updated as well!

50 months ago

Haley23 in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: I love hearing everyone's opinion! Definitely some things to think about BUT everyone is different. I'm sure some people hate PSA while others who have or do work there love it. If I get lucky I guess I'll be able to find out for myself if its a good fit for me. I'll let you know if I hear anything back FlyingFan! Keep me updated as well!

Thanks...as I said everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because one person LOVES working for one company and bad mouths another isn't going to spoil my night that's for sure.

And I will keep you posted Haley!!

ItzMe82 in New Brunswick, New Jersey

50 months ago

I'm thinking about applying with PSA. How long does it take to hear something?

abbysayswhat in Charlotte, North Carolina

49 months ago

hi my name is Abigail & I'll be attending the open session for PSA on wednesday. can anyone give me advice / what to expect on group customer service interview? Thank You

queenb25 in Cincinnati, Ohio

49 months ago

Was anyone invited to the training class that is to start the end of June?? I interviewed with PSA and was not made an offer, y I am not sure. I have previous airline experiences, with alot of customer service.

krystlebug in Matthews, North Carolina

49 months ago

abbysayswhat in Charlotte, North Carolina said: hi my name is Abigail & I'll be attending the open session for PSA on wednesday. can anyone give me advice / what to expect on group customer service interview? Thank You

hey abigail its me krystle. I was in your interview session today with you! how did it go? add me on facebook ok?

abbysayswhat in Charlotte, North Carolina

49 months ago

krystlebug in Matthews, North Carolina said: hey abigail its me krystle. I was in your interview session today with you! how did it go? add me on facebook ok?

hey krystle I sent you an invitation. I'm not sure if you got it. anyway, add me on facebook: (just incase) abiefadul@yahoo.com It went okay, I guess. waiting for their email or call... how did yours go ?

49 months ago

ItzMe82 in New Brunswick, New Jersey said: I'm thinking about applying with PSA. How long does it take to hear something?

it took everyone in our interview session about 2 months to actually get contacted and get an interview.

49 months ago

queenb25 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Was anyone invited to the training class that is to start the end of June?? I interviewed with PSA and was not made an offer, y I am not sure. I have previous airline experiences, with alot of customer service.

how long did it take you to hear back from psa after your interview? my interview was exactly 7 days ago and still nothing. i even emailed HR to follow up this morning and i havent gotten a response yet. it sure is taking a while!

nadia in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

krystlebug, did PSA fly you out to their interview session or was it held in your home town? Thanks in advance.

krystlebug in Trafford, Alabama

49 months ago

They offered to fly me out but that was not necessary since it was in my home town. :)

nadia in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

thanks for responding. I applied a couple of weeks ago and received a generic response email but I haven't heard anything since. Sigh...guess I'll keep waiting.

trina in Birmingham, Alabama

49 months ago

paulanthony in Memphis, Tennessee said: Sorry everyone else on here, but I hate when some person flying so many years cannot believe that some of us got hired by a big airline at 21...I applied at PSA because I like what I see..I am stuck in a $55,000/yr job I hate..I would gladly give it up beacause I miss the lifestyle..so here I am..

To the man in Virgina..sorry for the disrespect..but I would not lie about being a fa.

Night

Hi paulanthony. I was hired by AA when I was 20 back in 1997, so I can vouch that yes, they do hire young people too. I was based in Boston and I loved flying but because of some emotional issues I was having at the time I quit in 1999. I miss it so much and I hate the $47K/yr desk job I have now. I would love to go back to flying.

JessieLee in Champaign, Illinois

46 months ago

Anyone have any current information on PSA hiring? The website says they are, and I've sent in my resume. Anyone else apply and hear anything back?

flyGirl in Matthews, North Carolina

46 months ago

Yes were are still hiring, the winter months are slow months so we dont need to staff as many fa's, but the next class is in nov. hope this helps:)

Anticipating_Excitment in Clarksville, Tennessee

46 months ago

flyGirl in Matthews, North Carolina said: Yes were are still hiring, the winter months are slow months so we dont need to staff as many fa's, but the next class is in nov. hope this helps:)

I am excited to hear that we are having a new class start! (Not only for seniority's sake...smile. But its also a positive light on upcoming flying volumes!)

curious in Macon, Georgia

46 months ago

Is this a good company to work for? Do you do a lot of international flights? I've never really heard anything about PSA.

46 months ago

flyGirl in Matthews, North Carolina said: Yes were are still hiring, the winter months are slow months so we dont need to staff as many fa's, but the next class is in nov. hope this helps:)

Thanks for the info. If the class is starting in Nov, I'm going to guess they've already interviewed or will be soon. I sent my resume but didn't receive even a confirmation that it was received. Can't help but be a little worried! I've read many good things about PSA, I think I'd really enjoy it. I hope I get an opportunity to interview!

Anticipating_Excitment in Clarksville, Tennessee

46 months ago

JessieLee in Champaign, Illinois said: Thanks for the info. If the class is starting in Nov, I'm going to guess they've already interviewed or will be soon. I sent my resume but didn't receive even a confirmation that it was received. Can't help but be a little worried! I've read many good things about PSA, I think I'd really enjoy it. I hope I get an opportunity to interview!

I would send your stuff again and address your cover letter to "Jennifer". She is really nice and extra helpful with any questions that you might have as well (the whole group is!)

46 months ago

curious in Macon, Georgia said: Is this a good company to work for? Do you do a lot of international flights? I've never really heard anything about PSA.

I currently work for them and have since May of 10. I am based at TYS. I had not really heard a lot about them prior to interviewing with them either and I took that in a positive way being as that usually "no news is good news". All airline companies are pretty similar in that if you come with drama you are going to find drama. If you come to do a good job, enjoy the industry and are willing to take the good with the bad...then there really is not a "bad company" to work for. Its a matter of what works for you in terms of base assignments, schedule needs and how much you are able (and willing) to financially struggle for the first three to five years.

I have found them to be fair, accomodating and friendly. The training was fast and furious compacted into three short weeks. We are not the highest paid in the industry, but not the least either. Scheduling is pretty typical. What I have seen is a hige element of family. The whole group sticks together and works well with one another. Great pilots. Close base groups...all in all not bad.
International is just a turn in and out of Freeport. Though the rumor is that we will be getting Cananda back eventually...hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FA Rae in Elmont, New York

46 months ago

i just applied and i hope to hear back from PSA soon, does anyone know when the next open house is? thank you.

46 months ago

Anticipating_Excitment in Clarksville, Tennessee said: I would send your stuff again and address your cover letter to "Jennifer". She is really nice and extra helpful with any questions that you might have as well (the whole group is!)

Thank you! What's her last name? And should I send to the generic recruiter2 email address still? Also, do you think it matters much if my resume is an attachment or pasted in the body of the email? Some places will disregard your email completely if it is an attachment.

Thanks so much for your help.

46 months ago

JessieLee in Champaign, Illinois said: Thank you! What's her last name? And should I send to the generic recruiter2 email address still? Also, do you think it matters much if my resume is an attachment or pasted in the body of the email? Some places will disregard your email completely if it is an attachment.

Thanks so much for your help.

Jennifers' last name is "Beard". I would send the email to the provided address that you have originally sent corospondance to. I think there is an address on the company web site? When I applied I sent my CV both in the body of the email and as an attachment. I made reference to that fact (ie: please see that I have pasted my resume below and have also attached a copy). To be honest when they are in "hiring mode" things move quickly. Be sure to check your "junk mail" too- though I probably dont need to say that.
Good luck!

B717 in Georgia

46 months ago

Anticipating excitement_any minute in Clarksville, Tennessee said: Jennifers' last name is "Beard". I would send the email to the provided address that you have originally sent corospondance to. I think there is an address on the company web site? When I applied I sent my CV both in the body of the email and as an attachment. I made reference to that fact (ie: please see that I have pasted my resume below and have also attached a copy). To be honest when they are in "hiring mode" things move quickly. Be sure to check your "junk mail" too- though I probably dont need to say that.
Good luck!

So I've received the email today, nothing in particular just an email that tells me thank you showing your interest in working with us, at least I know that they've received my application. Better than nothing I guess! Hopefully I'll receive another email soon inviting me for an OH or an interview.. keep my finger crossed

46 months ago

B717 in Georgia said: So I've received the email today, nothing in particular just an email that tells me thank you showing your interest in working with us, at least I know that they've received my application. Better than nothing I guess! Hopefully I'll receive another email soon inviting me for an OH or an interview.. keep my finger crossed

Thats how my process started as well. I want to say it was within a couple weeks that I received the invite to their OH. Good luck!

B717 in Georgia

46 months ago

Anticipating excitement_any minute in Clarksville, Tennessee said: Thats how my process started as well. I want to say it was within a couple weeks that I received the invite to their OH. Good luck!

How did it go at your OH... are you working with them now?
Thanks for your reply

45 months ago

I also got a "resume received" email today. Hope to hear something about an OH or interview soon!

flyjets1971 in Danville, Ohio

45 months ago

I applied last week I received the same e-mail. how long is reserve typically specially in DAY

flyGirl in Hixson, Tennessee

45 months ago

I know right now in DAY there are fa's who have been there over a year and still no line in sight....while there are some in TYS who have only been here a little over a month who have lines...and I have been here 6 months in CLT with no line...sucks

flyjets1971 in Danville, Ohio

45 months ago

flyGirl in Hixson, Tennessee said: I know right now in DAY there are fa's who have been there over a year and still no line in sight....while there are some in TYS who have only been here a little over a month who have lines...and I have been here 6 months in CLT with no line...sucks

where do you think most new hire's wil be based, also why do fa under you have lines is it how you bid or are they tranfers. and how many hrs do you fly a month, do you sit alot

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.