People Express Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 67)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

ExSwaFA in Indiana

42 months ago

After searching the Internet for hours I decided to start a thread here so we can have a place to go to find, or if they are willing, to post employment opportunities. I hope this thread gets used and if possible I would like to work with them as they start this new company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ExSwaFA in Indiana

42 months ago

They are saying that they will be starting this summer and are looking to Newport News as their first base.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ex USA FA in Chester, Virginia

42 months ago

I also read that there in the process of recruiting pilots. I really hope that they get approved and the financing needed for this. It would be a great opportunity not only for employment, but for travel as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

harlygirlsfa in Arlington, Texas

42 months ago

any news I would like I would luv to fly for them on 737 ,maybe they will do some international since they did back 1987,thanks for info on website, i'm on it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tyme2flyagain in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

This would be a wonderful opportunity for those wishing to start out with a new or should i say (renew) company. Especially flying in and out of PIT. I am anticpating the chance to interview with them and fly those 737's again. Hopefully this thread will open more information

ValleyoftheSky in Mesa, Arizona

41 months ago

I looked into it today, no news yet, but I signed up for their newsletter.... It would be fun to help "start this up"! If I get any info I will post!

41 months ago

I also signed up for this newsletter. Ditto as posting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JudyBooty in Silver Spring, Maryland

41 months ago

I would LOVE to work for Peoplexpress as a flight attendant/ Customer service. From what I've gathered so far it'll be cross-utilized. Also we'll have to buy into the company as part of the employment agreement. They want us to be owners. So we'll see how it plays out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tychezzeia Hope in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

Im very interested in knowing when the site and everything will be up and running because this will be a great experience for me and everyone else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Peoplexpress has a little more of a road to travel as far as getting up and running there is still alot of red tape they have to cut thru. If everything and this is time wise goes well i can see this taking place by summers end. This is hiring of pilots and F/A's going thru traing, etc etc. Keep the faith!!! It will be a wonderful opportunity to be part of a new growing airlines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DMP in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

Thank you for the update, I really want to get back to flying !! I know this will be a perfect fit for me.

Ex USA in Chester, Virginia

41 months ago

They are hiring for crew schedulers so the f/a postion can't be that far away....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

lee in Belleville, Michigan

40 months ago

There will be no FA jobs for Peoples. All their employees will be cross training. just like America west did back in the 80s. That means one day you might be flying and the next day you will be working the ticket counter or throwing bags on the ramp.

40 months ago

That is not the information the company gave me specifically in a return email - personal email not a generated return email. Pittsburgh is a NEW AIRPORT for them, and the city and county are offering them a basket full of perks and bonuses to start here by the end of the summer. New positions are going to be available.

where did you get your information ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lee in Belleville, Michigan

40 months ago

DMP in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: That is not the information the company gave me specifically in a return email - personal email not a generated return email. Pittsburgh is a NEW AIRPORT for them, and the city and county are offering them a basket full of perks and bonuses to start here by the end of the summer. New positions are going to be available.

where did you get your information ?

you dont need to know where. Just know that it is correct. Trust me it came from up high

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mikeie in clevlenad, Ohio

40 months ago

You are correct. All the emply will be cross training. So if you only want to be a Flight Attn then this company is not for you. You will have to work the gate, ramp and ticket counter. You might even have to clean aircraft

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

wow, You don"t need to be rude and mean , there is a lot of garbage information that goes around on these websites. Sorry to say with a response like that, it is very hard to trust you. These forums are here to help people. Yours was not a very helpful response. If it is true and genuine information, you should have no problem saying where it came from. kindness goes a long way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Thank you Mikeie from Cleveland, much more respectful response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

DMP in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: wow, You don"t need to be rude and mean , there is a lot of garbage information that goes around on these websites. Sorry to say with a response like that, it is very hard to trust you. These forums are here to help people. Yours was not a very helpful response. If it is true and genuine information, you should have no problem saying where it came from. kindness goes a long way.

you should not have demanded to know where the info comes from.

40 months ago

DMP in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Thank you Mikeie from Cleveland, much more respectful response.

You should not have demanded to know where His info came from.

40 months ago

Mikeie in clevlenad, Ohio said: you should not have demanded to know where the info comes from.

hang in there DMP. You will find a company just right for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

I am already a flight attendant, I was just looking for a Pittsburgh base instead of Newark

Gayewright in Virginia Beach, Virginia

40 months ago

Is there a website yet posting jobs for People Express Airlines?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

www.flypex.com No postings for F/A's yet

40 months ago

www.flypex.com No F/A postings as of yet

duskmerlot in Manville, New Jersey

40 months ago

Former CSM for People Express. OPS # 9. Would love to be apart of the rebirth of what was once a fantastic airline. How do I sign up for the newsletter? Employment opportunities?

Viktorea in Virginia Beach, Virginia

40 months ago

Excited to hear of the arrival of People Express Airlines. Would love to be informed on how to apply for positions with this carrier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EX American Airlines FA in Baltimore, Maryland

39 months ago

Had to quit a great 13 year career at American Airlines to take care of mother with cancer....now can not get back in with American or the large carriers, would LOVE to have an opportunity to fly again! Love to cross train as well, I am up for it! Please let me know when they are hiring F/As and agents!!

duskmerlot@aol.com in Basking Ridge, New Jersey

39 months ago

The response I received from People Express is that job opportunities will be posted in May. Scheduled to launch airline in September. Go to Flypex.com

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

39 months ago

duskmerlot@aol.com in Basking Ridge, New Jersey said: The response I received from People Express is that job opportunities will be posted in May. Scheduled to launch airline in September. Go to Flypex.com

Yay! exciting news! Will watch for postings in May.I see they are already taking apps for Check Airmen.

:D

saeternb92

39 months ago

Yes i Cant wait to apply for an F/a in may

dmac45 in Poquoson, Virginia

39 months ago

thanks for the info, please keep us informed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

judybooty in Silver Spring, Maryland

39 months ago

Once again. It's not just flying that you do. It's not called flight attendant. It's called customer service representative!! You fly, work gates,load bags, make reservations,clean planes, etc. It's fully cross- utilization!! You probably can't commute. Just know about it before you apply.

judybooty in Silver Spring, Maryland

39 months ago

It pretty much means if you're out of shape or have any health issues, you're out. Because how are you going to be outside in Winter loading bags? Are you able to type? Because you'll have to make reservations and check people in and print out the flights paperwork.

If you can do all of the above and more then great! Good luck to ya, but if not then, well good-bye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Wow, how long is the training program going to take?

39 months ago

Do you know where the bases will be

Angela Kirby in Virginia Beach, Virginia

39 months ago

Im interested in working for them out of Newport News.. hopefully they post job openings soon!

Bama in Montgomery, Alabama

39 months ago

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: Yay! exciting news! Will watch for postings in May.I see they are already taking apps for Check Airmen.

:D

May I respectfully ask where you saw that they're taking apps for Check Airman, so that I can see if I qualify? Thanks!

38 months ago

Bama,
It was in the careers section about a month ago. I see they now have a Chief Pilot. Why not send him a nice cover letter along with your resume. Good Luck!!
;D

Bama in Montgomery, Alabama

38 months ago

Any idea of his address? I could find it no where! Thanks...Bama

38 months ago

Good point, after looking around I see there is no way to do that. Maybe you could send an email to "contact us" button on the website(info@flypex.com). Good Luck.
:d

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

38 months ago

JudyBooty in Silver Spring, Maryland said: I would LOVE to work for Peoplexpress as a flight attendant / Customer service . From what I've gathered so far it'll be cross-utilized. Also we'll have to buy into the company as part of the employment agreement. They want us to be owners. So we'll see how it plays out.

I would like to know where everyone is getting this information without sounding rude. I have been in the industry and the only time I can remember when a airline did this is when awa did this and thier training was 12 weeks but things have changed since then with the contracts, faa and other rules and regs. If a flight attendant does this you would be interfering with crew rest and all that...but we will see how this all will work...I am going to send a email to pex to find out if this is true and how this is all going to work, then post here and let you know. If anyone would know if would be the cheif pilot that they just hired..I have a feeling that this is going to be all turns if this is what it means cross utilized and imput to this discussion would be appreciated..I have done and worked all positions throughout the industry ticket agent, res, flight attendant fa instructor ioe supervisor and all the fundementals of the training department so it really does not matter to me I just find it very weird to do this in this state of the industry .....

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

38 months ago

Bama in Montgomery, Alabama said: May I respectfully ask where you saw that they're taking apps for Check Airman, so that I can see if I qualify? Thanks!

you can apply for air checkman on their web. www.flypex.com

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

38 months ago

judybooty in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Once again. It's not just flying that you do. It's not called flight attendant . It's called customer service representative !! You fly, work gates,load bags, make reservations,clean planes, etc. It's fully cross- utilization!! You probably can't commute. Just know about it before you apply.

Where did you find out this information I am just curious?????

Steve in Deltona, Florida

37 months ago

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona said: I would like to know where everyone is getting this information without sounding rude. I have been in the industry and the only time I can remember when a airline did this is when awa did this and thier training was 12 weeks but things have changed since then with the contracts , faa and other rules and regs. If a flight attendant does this you would be interfering with crew rest and all that...but we will see how this all will work...I am going to send a email to pex to find out if this is true and how this is all going to work, then post here and let you know. If anyone would know if would be the cheif pilot that they just hired..I have a feeling that this is going to be all turns if this is what it means cross utilized and imput to this discussion would be appreciated..I have done and worked all positions throughout the industry ticket agent, res, flight attendant fa instructor ioe supervisor and all the fundementals of the training department so it really does not matter to me I just find it very weird to do this in this state of the industry .....

I am with you on this one. I don't think part 121 would allow this. I would really like to see their FOTM. You cant have a mixed work force due to different rest requirements. This would be a scheduling and legality nightmehr.

F/A in DEN in Bloomington, Illinois

37 months ago

I would not pay attention to rumors wait until the job ;o posting comes out to find out all the details not everybody on this site knows everything the airline has not even been certified to fly yet. But if they do cross utilize count me out knew a friend who did that for the old america west they paid 500.00 a month to do all the jobs after taxes there is not much left....so i dont know how true this is about the cross utilization.

Susanna in Honeoye Falls, New York

37 months ago

PE is hoping to start hiring inflight/ground agents towards end of summer....and just to clarify.....You would not be flying one day and working the gate the next....cant run things that way.....Inflight has their own schedule .....If they keep the original model you are trained as a CSM and are able to work all positions but do not get scheduled in a different position daily....inflight has a monthly schedule...

Donna in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

Thank you for the information, it is greatly appreciated

Tim in Virginia Beach, Virginia

37 months ago

This will be great for the whole area in Hampton Roads. I know its early on but has any one heard about schedules and routes . I was a frequent flyer on the original airline a remember there route was more to the northeast. Sure hope there are some southern destinations in there. Look forward to more info and good luck looking for employment guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tammytwakcat in Dundalk, Maryland

37 months ago

The original PE did that whole CSM thing. Customer Service Managers. Everyone was a "manager" back then. You would fly for a month, then work the ticket counter and gates for a month. They had seperate people load bags, weight/balance, ground work/ ops. They got trained for that and were called Operation managers. There was NO maintenance! They outsourced all of that to a company. You also had to purchase stock, which wad payroll deducted.
At first, it went okay. But have you heard the term "Too many chiefs and not enough Indians?" As we got bigger,
there were problems. Not everyone EAS honest with money, so there was a lot of theft. People made poor financial decisons like whole new furniture in ops for over 30 grand. Pilots didn't wear wings. They got pissed at that and after pressure from the FAA PE finally issued wings. We CSM never got wings. Newark airport was too small for our ops. They were spending millions on a new terminal when Lorenzo bought us.
So hopefully this time around they do things different. With better structure. I can see f/a doing some ground services, but it shouldn't be like it was.
I hope it works out. We need new airlines to compete with theses major carriers.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.