Piedmont Airlines / US Airways Express

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 661)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

iwant2fly in Princeton, New Jersey

71 months ago

Hey Everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any information on Piedmont Airlines?

I was invited to an interview and I'm curious to know what to expect.

Also, how easy is it to get LGA as a base? Does anyone know if Philly is a base??

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jkahoon in Plainfield, Indiana

71 months ago

Hello! I used to work for PDT and maybe I can give you some info. When I left, LGA was a fairly junior base and easy to get. PHL is not currently a base. The bases are LGA, Harrisburg PA, Salisbury MD, New Bern NC, Charlottesville VA, Roanoke VA. Even so--they do flights constantly from LGA-PHL so it's not a difficult commute. I really enjoyed the company and the crews are great! Just as long as you don't mind the equipment, you'll really like the company! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

I just got an invite to the interview as well. I do not know what to do. I have already been offered employment with PSA which is also us air express. Any suggestions or comments??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

You know, it's all based on your preference. They are both wholly owned so they have the same exact benefits. As far as I know--PDT has a slightly better contract. Now the BIGGEST difference is the equipment. PSA fly jets and Piedmont flies turbo props (propellers). Also PSA only has 3 bases, CLT, DAY, TYS. And as far as aviation news goes, PSA is *supposedly* furloughing. Who knows. Again, all based on what you want! I had an amazing time at PDT and if certain situations didn't arise, I would be there to this day! Choose what works for you! Good luck in your decision.

carol dwelle in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

want a job with us airways , charlotte base if possible

carol dwelle in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

would like a flight attendant job based in charlotte if possible

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Us Airways has a Charlotte base and so does PSA. Try either of those airlines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenolivera in perth amboy, New Jersey

71 months ago

Hey guys i got invited to an interview next week in phiilly, what can i expect at the interview? how does the interview go, what do they ask? this will be my first one so im really nervous any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

jenolivera in perth amboy, New Jersey said: Hey guys i got invited to an interview next week in phiilly, what can i expect at the interview? how does the interview go, what do they ask? this will be my first one so im really nervous any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

I was invited as well, not sure if I am going yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

jenolivera in perth amboy, New Jersey said: Hey guys i got invited to an interview next week in phiilly, what can i expect at the interview? how does the interview go, what do they ask? this will be my first one so im really nervous any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

Hey Jen :) I live near Perth Amboy! Let me know if you decide on going!! I am :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

yea i'm going !my flight is on tuesday im leaving from la guardia , arriving in philly the day before . your going ? driving or a plane ? they pay for this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ami in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

Is there a base in Allentown, PA?

71 months ago

no

FutureFA in Sherbrooke, Quebec

71 months ago

May I ask two questions?

Do they provide hotel and travel accommodations to attend the training?

Do they provide travel to attend the interviews?

Thank you for answering my questions.

jkahoon in Avon, Indiana

71 months ago

Yes and yes. They provide everything except the cost of food. I believe they are still doing training at HQ which is in Salisbury. If not, it's somewhere in Charlotte. You will have a roommate, and generally the rooms have microwaves, fridges and stuff. You also get paid during training.

They will fly you to training. I think you're flown space positive.

As for the interview, you are flown in on S2 business pass (which isn't 100% space positive, but it is MUCH better than a standard stand by pass).

Things may have changed from when I interviewed, but that's all the information I have.

Good luck :)

karen in Jersey City, New Jersey

71 months ago

any good or bad comments about this airline??
I got invited to the interview. Let me know.

71 months ago

hey my interview is on wednesday im flyin over their to philly on tuesday any suggestions?? ill appreciate it !!

jennifer in Edison, New Jersey

71 months ago

hey from lga u?

karen in Jersey City, New Jersey

70 months ago

I am flying from ewr

Karen in Jersey City, New Jersey

70 months ago

hey ppl.
what are the bases located????

70 months ago

hey, for those of you who are going to interview. is any one leaving from EWR??? I cant wait to go.. I will probably be the youngest one!

jkahoon in Avon, Indiana

70 months ago

SBY, LGA, MDT, EWN, CHO, ROA

70 months ago

Karen - Are they putting you through another city? I didn't think US Airways flew EWR-PHL

Good Luck to everyone on Wednesday! I'm going the following Wednesday!

jennifer in Jamison, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

hey i live in nj and they sent me through lga im 19 how old are you?

?? in Columbia, South Carolina

70 months ago

What website did you guys use to apply for Piedmont?

70 months ago

Hi..
I am sorry I did not get back to any of you sooner :) Let me check my ticket., I dont know.. Not that I am looking at it I think am leaving from LGA too.. OMG! I dont know how to get there. I am 18. I MENTIONED IN MY COVER LTR MY AGE, and they still send me the package.

70 months ago

I live in Jersey City, is anyone from around here, or anywhere for NJ leaving from LGA? JENNIFER would you like to meet up and travel together. I do not drive, what about yuou?

70 months ago

GIRLS! I am vonsufsed.. my ticket saids US4409Y 02JUL WE LGAPHL BLAH BLAH BLAH
2 US4234Y 02JUL WE PHLLGA BLACH BLAH

FONE-
1. EWR742-3463EB410
Why is that EWR there??

jkahoon in Avon, Indiana

70 months ago

Hi, maybe I can help clarify. You are traveling on flight 4409 from LGA-PHL. Your return flight is 4234 from PHL-LGA. I think the EWR is just there so they know where you are coming from, I would disregard it, especially considering their is no flight number associated with it. (by the way, both flights are on PDT, so it will give you a taste of the airline)

70 months ago

Hey!
Thank you.. Now.. how would I get there? lol.

jkahoon in Avon, Indiana

70 months ago

Well, I'm guessing they want you to drive to LGA...but in my honest opinion, I'd just drive from EWR to PHL (It's less than 100 miles, so depending on traffic I'd say give yourself 2 and a half hours minimum). And if you don't drive, the train actually goes right to the PHL terminal and from there you can catch the van to the Holiday Inn (if that is where they are still conducting the interviews). Good luck!

70 months ago

I just realized I wrote "vonsufse" insted of confused! when i read it, I read confused.. incredible how our mind works!!!

70 months ago

hey Karen , i live in perth amboy nj central nj. well thats what my ticket said it was confusing so i called and they explained it to me. well i left tuesday from lga to philly in airway express it took about 43 minutes. and i stood at the quality hotel i did get a small discount. the interview was on wednesday and i didnt even wake up!!! my alarm didnt go on. I was so upset so i asked the recruiter Mr. trout if i can reschedule it for next week and he said yeah. so im going next week but im leaving wednesday because i do not want to pay again to stay at the hotel the night before. I just turned 19 so i think we are the youngest lol!! but you should get a ride to lga its not far from jersey city. i got a ride to the airport. plus if we do get hired to that base were going to have to drive their because they do not have a base in newark.

70 months ago

Hey jenolivera! OMG! I didnt know that these kind of things happened to other ppl besides me lol .. Wait? Was you who got in a car accident going to an interview for Colgan?????.
Yeah, I am getting a ride from home to the airport.. My ex boyfriend is taking me... I do have a drivers license but i am affraid to drive, lol. but if i get the job i have no choice.
Well, ttyl.

EasyGypsy in Roanoke, Virginia

70 months ago

I start training for Piedmont on july 7th i was wondering if anyone knew if they were going to taining yet..just curious to see who i'm going to meet :)

70 months ago

EasyGypsy in Roanoke, Virginia said: I start training for Piedmont on july 7th i was wondering if anyone knew if they were going to taining yet..just curious to see who i'm going to meet :)

When did you go to an interview?

70 months ago

I went for the interview around the first week of May

lynn in Southampton, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

I was wondering exactly what happens at the interview, I was also invited. Also, are you drug tested and finger printed that day?

70 months ago

I am going to an interview on July 23. Is anyone else going then?

dlaero84 in New York, New York

70 months ago

hey everyone.....i work for piedmont and love it.....good luck to all of you in your interview. two answer your question....you will not get drug tested and fingerprinted until you get to training if you get offered the position. if you guys have any other questions for me let me know.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

dlaero84 in New York, New York said: hey everyone.....i work for piedmont and love it.....good luck to all of you in your interview. two answer your question....you will not get drug tested and fingerprinted until you get to training if you get offered the position. if you guys have any other questions for me let me know.....

how did you like the training? i leave in 2 days for it and i'm getting kind of anxious :)

70 months ago

HEY!
I probably go to to that interview too!

DASH-8 in Sherbrooke, Quebec

70 months ago

dlaero84 in New York, New York said: hey everyone.....i work for piedmont and love it.....good luck to all of you in your interview. two answer your question....you will not get drug tested and fingerprinted until you get to training if you get offered the position. if you guys have any other questions for me let me know.....

How long does it takes to have an invitation to attend an interview after applying?

I applied on June 25th, 2008.

dlaero84 in Tewksbury, Massachusetts

70 months ago

EasyGypsy in Roanoke, Virginia said: how did you like the training? i leave in 2 days for it and i'm getting kind of anxious :)

its fun! i had a blast and Paula Campbell (the instructor) is very cool! i loved her. shes strict though.....but if you pay attention and study then you will be fine. good luck.....keep posting to let me know how it goes.

dlaero84 in Tewksbury, Massachusetts

70 months ago

DASH-8 in Sherbrooke, Quebec said: How long does it takes to have an invitation to attend an interview after applying?

I applied on June 25th, 2008.

im not sure. i didnt apply i went to an open interview session in new york and was hired there.

Sweetheart23 in Columbus, Ohio

70 months ago

jkahoon in Plainfield, Indiana said: Us Airways has a Charlotte base and so does PSA. Try either of those airlines.

Piedmont does not have a Charlotte Base....

jkahoon in Burnaby, British Columbia

70 months ago

I know that PDT doesn't have a CLT base. I said US Airways mainline and PSA does.

Heather in Newton Highlands, Massachusetts

70 months ago

Ami in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania said: Is there a base in Allentown, PA?

Im a former Flight attendant for Piedmont Harrisburg is the closest base to allentown. We used to have a bast there now we only do overnights there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Does anyone know what bases are junior? I am trying to decide which bases to choose first. Thanks for any help!

dlaero84 in New York, New York

70 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: Does anyone know what bases are junior? I am trying to decide which bases to choose first. Thanks for any help!

LaGuardia is the most junior base....so I would try to go there.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.