Private planes and Jets

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 61)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Curious_Gurl

75 months ago

Does anyone knows how to apply to be a flight attendant on private charter planes or jets?? I looked at a few private carriers websites but they have no information on employment or careers??? Are those flight attendants jobs more difficult to get?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (662) / No (86) Reply - Report abuse

moe in Vero Beach, Florida

56 months ago

flynow in Oakland, California said: I have been a corporate flight attendant for the past 5 years. I am currently on unemployment and have applied to VX (Virgin America). Corporate flying is aviations best kept secret! I have flown part 121 (commercial ie: Southwest, American etc) for 5 years prior to doing corporate, part 91. You sometimes have 3 wk to 1 month trips to very exotic places like Bali, Indonesia and Singapore. Yes, catering experience is helpful but not manditory--as the FBO's (flight centers for the private jets) always have names of corporate specific caterers that can help you with meal selection. The best way is just to ask your passengers what they would like to eat! At times I've had to really search out certain food items when in other countries. That makes the job fun. I've even gone to bakeries myself to pick out fresh bread. The pay cannot be compared. My last overseas flight payed $500.00 per day..yes per day--and I was gone for almost 1 month. I'm married now and that kind of travel doesn't fit into my new lifestyle :) but for someone who is flexable with their time...I say go for it. The other writer is correct is saying that the corporate line of work has been drastically affected by the current economy. It's all about networking..knocking on doors with confidence. Most large corporations, and lots of "Mr. Big's" have private jets. There are staffing agencies that can help too..AirCareCrews is one. You would need to complete your corporate training which is quite expensive. I hope this helps!! I didn't have much corporate experience when I started, but the training opened lots of doors for me..and I made alot of money! All the best to you.

hi---i am seriously looking at the private charter airlines --i have tons of experience in catering and have my own catering company. So, are you saying physically go out to the airports and knock down doors and try to find a way in that way? i have alot of cust. experie too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

usedtofly in Jupiter, Florida

54 months ago

I was a Delta FA for 7 years, got laid off, went to school, and changed careers. That was 6 years ago. Now I'm laid off again, and want to go back to flying. I thought I'd give corporate flying a look, since I know they only want experienced FA's. So, I sent out about 60 resumes to corporate airlines that I found on the west and east coasts, and I received a reply today.

They are asking me about my pay scale for flying and non-flying days. oh boy!! I think I just got in over my head. I have no idea how to answer. lol

After reading this post, are they assuming I have training on their air craft? I told them in my resume what I've flown in the past, and obviously theirs is not listed. Will they require me to have some kind of certification, or is it possible they provide the training?

I hate to bombard the person who contacted me with questions. I want to be professional, but I don't know what I'm doing. I'm trying to research before I answer back. :)

Thanks in advance for any insight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rca in Butler, Ohio

54 months ago

usedtofly in Jupiter, Florida said: I was a Delta FA for 7 years, got laid off, went to school, and changed careers. That was 6 years ago. Now I'm laid off again, and want to go back to flying. I thought I'd give corporate flying a look, since I know they only want experienced FA's. So, I sent out about 60 resumes to corporate airlines that I found on the west and east coasts, and I received a reply today.

They are asking me about my pay scale for flying and non-flying days. oh boy!! I think I just got in over my head. I have no idea how to answer. lol

After reading this post, are they assuming I have training on their air craft? I told them in my resume what I've flown in the past, and obviously theirs is not listed. Will they require me to have some kind of certification, or is it possible they provide the training?

I hate to bombard the person who contacted me with questions. I want to be professional, but I don't know what I'm doing. I'm trying to research before I answer back. :)

You will find a great deal of info at www.corporateflyer.net
Also look at (google) Flight Safety International and F.A.C.T.S. They provide Corporate Flight Attendant training. Good Luck !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Addicted to Flying in Deltona, Florida

54 months ago

usedtofly in Jupiter, Florida said: I was a Delta FA for 7 years, got laid off, went to school, and changed careers. That was 6 years ago. Now I'm laid off again, and want to go back to flying. I thought I'd give corporate flying a look, since I know they only want experienced FA's. So, I sent out about 60 resumes to corporate airlines that I found on the west and east coasts, and I received a reply today.

Try Beyond & Above in Ft.Lauderdale..MaryLou is GREAT! It is hard to break into...It is a rough world, no one tells you anything.
Good Luck! I am working at it almost everyday trying to land that flying contract as well. And I have 17+ years behind me =) (Commercial that is)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Upward Bound in San Jose, California

54 months ago

HPN--I worked successfully in California for 5 years and do not look like a pinup! I know what you mean..one large corporation that I had regular work with started to use their Flight Mechanics as cabin attendants..and that bumped us Flight Attendants right out the door! I also got my certification and recurrent training,through FACTS. Have you considered working for the TSA? I know they get a bad wrap..but it's an important job within Homeland Security and they are always hiring. The starting pay is not bad either..especially in this current economy. I was told that the employee turnover rate is high so one could gain seniority quickly. I passed the required exams and currently in the 10 yr background check phase. I love working around airports..even if I'm not flying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Elle in Cleveland, Ohio

54 months ago

HPN in Port Chester, New York said: I spent over $3000 for a course at FACTS two years ago right before the economy tanked. The timing could not have been worse. I joined the NBAA and got their directory where I bombarded most of the companies with my resume.

I too, have 9 years of commercial flying experience and speak 4 languages. None of this was good enough for anyone to call me in for an interview.

I have determined that this business is very sexist. Most companies require a minimum of 2 years "corporate" flying experience, but then waive that for females that are blonde and big chested.

If you fit this description I say go for it. Otherwise, you're barking up the wrong tree. Aviation depts. want to reduce costs and sometimes they'll make their Flight Mechanics double as FA's. I'M SORRY BUT I CAN'T COMPETE WITH A MECHANIC EITHER.

Needless to say, I blew this money for training for absolutely nothing. The industry has changed immensely. It's VERY hard to get in, unless you look like a pinup doll.

Nope, not true. I'm am blue-eyed blonde with boobs. It is all about timing--being in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately, the airline industry is really struggling right now. Don't be so hard on yourself and wait till things get better with the economy when they begin to do mass-hirings. I've tried quite a few times from 1985 up to last year. Was picked to go to training with United and then 3 days later I got an e-mail stating the training class cancelled due to the economy and high cost of fuel. Once you get in though, you have to stick with it. Many end up quitting and later regret it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Upward Bound in Hayward, California

54 months ago

Thanks, HPN! All the best to you, too! I didn't know that it was possible to get your Airport Assessment before your S86 questionnaire was cleared. Hope it's a quick turn around for you. It's been two weeks since I submitted my S86 online. I was told that it would take appx 30 days..we'll see. See you at the security checkpoint, HPN! I guess we should switch over to the TSA forum..LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Valerie rehling in Santa Barbara, California

49 months ago

flynow in Oakland, California said: I have been a corporate flight attendant for the past 5 years. I am currently on unemployment and have applied to VX (Virgin America). Corporate flying is aviations best kept secret! I have flown part 121 (commercial ie: Southwest, American etc) for 5 years prior to doing corporate, part 91. You sometimes have 3 wk to 1 month trips to very exotic places like Bali, Indonesia and Singapore. Yes, catering experience is helpful but not manditory--as the FBO's (flight centers for the private jets) always have names of corporate specific caterers that can help you with meal selection. The best way is just to ask your passengers what they would like to eat! At times I've had to really search out certain food items when in other countries. That makes the job fun. I've even gone to bakeries myself to pick out fresh bread. The pay cannot be compared. My last overseas flight payed $500.00 per day..yes per day--and I was gone for almost 1 month. I'm married now and that kind of travel doesn't fit into my new lifestyle :) but for someone who is flexable with their time...I say go for it. The other writer is correct is saying that the corporate line of work has been drastically affected by the current economy. It's all about networking..knocking on doors with confidence. Most large corporations, and lots of "Mr. Big's" have private jets. There are staffing agencies that can help too..AirCareCrews is one. You would need to complete your corporate training which is quite expensive. I hope this helps!! I didn't have much corporate experience when I started, but the training opened lots of doors for me..and I made alot of money! All the best to you.

***Could you please tell me the names of a couple of corporate training programs/ schools ? Los angeles/ san Francisco ?
and is it a correct estimate of 5K for initial training and 2-3K for recurrent every year?
Thank-you ahead of time ! :)
Valerie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Upward Bound in Alameda, California

49 months ago

SandFlysBy in Texas said: Yes, 5K for initial (FlightSafety, FACTS is less). I've been a corporate f/a since early 2001, and NO WORK in the past two years! It's been T-O-U-G-H!

That's sounds about right...NO WORK in the past two years! I do miss those Gulfstreams and Falcons! I got a good paying job last month with TSA at SFO. Valerie: the info provided by SandFlysBy is accurate. I went through FACTS and It was around 3,000 for initial.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy in Texas

49 months ago

I went to FACTS several years ago, and since then went to FSI (paid by the companies that I was working for, otherwise I would've gone back to FACTS!). If I remember correctly, Initial training was 2K, but like everything else, I'm sure it's gone up by now, even in this awful economy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

attention: in Atlanta, Georgia

48 months ago

you shouldn't pay for training....they shoud pay you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy in Texas

48 months ago

That's not how it works in corporate aviation. If you don't have the "credibility", you don't get to work -- for most anyway!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CAm in Montreal, Quebec

41 months ago

I recommend this service in Montreal for VIP jet : www.facebook.com/MontrealVIPservices
Or : www.montrealvip.com/privatejet/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fresh AIR in Atlanta, Georgia

38 months ago

rca in Butler, Ohio said: You will find a great deal of info at www.corporateflyer.net
Also look at (google) Flight Safety International and F.A.C.T.S. They provide Corporate Flight Attendant training. Good Luck !

I was curious if you had gotten a corporate flight attendant job? have you had any bites I am linked in and looking and looking every where nothing I am open to move any where and pt or ft or contract.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Do you have any leads?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

what are the names of the staffing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Corporate Stewardess in Indianapolis, Indiana

37 months ago

I have been a Chief stewardes on Private/Charter Yacht's for five years and would appreciate any information on how to become a corporate/vip flight attendant? Do I need schooling/training? Where? how?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JetXpress in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire

37 months ago

Fresh AIR in Atlanta, Georgia said: I was curious if you had gotten a corporate flight attendant job? have you had any bites I am linked in and looking and looking every where nothing I am open to move any where and pt or ft or contract.

We are a US company with US crew operating throughout Africa and Europe to fly VIP and Presidents in large heavy jets.
You can send your resume to us.
Info@jet-xpress.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Stevie in Deerfield Beach, Florida

36 months ago

Addicted to Flying in Deltona, Florida said: Try Beyond & Above in Ft.Lauderdale..MaryLou is GREAT! It is hard to break into...It is a rough world, no one tells you anything.
Good Luck! I am working at it almost everyday trying to land that flying contract as well. And I have 17+ years behind me =) (Commercial that is)

Beyond &Above is a waste of money..went there 4yrs ago and still haven't got a job. If I had known what I've learned today, I would opt for FACTS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

PIZARRO in Friendswood, Texas

34 months ago

Fresh AIR in Atlanta, Georgia said: Do you have any leads?

EMAIL ME AT PIZARRO@LAPIZARRO.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

daileyr in Georgetown, Delaware

34 months ago

thinking about going to Beyond and above, I've talked to Marylou and she said we help you with leads and prep your resume'. but with being a male and not being able to find work and pay my bills is a concern, especially in this economy. I don't know all the inside knowledge of how corporate realy works. does anyone have any real insite on the school and corporaye flying, I flew with US Airways 14yrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JudyBooty in Silver Spring, Maryland

34 months ago

Those corp outfits really want females. The clients really don't like those whispy, effeminate men. Gross!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

JudyBooty in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Those corp outfits really want females. The clients really don't like those whispy, effeminate men. Gross!!

Hey Judy, I can see that being the case, but what about someone like me who's as stright as they come. I'm your good'ol boy type guy but realy like to fly.(14yrs w/ usair) also is F.A.C.T.S much better than other flight schools, thier starting price is 4500.00 where as Beyoud & Above is 3500.00
my folks are against it especially in this bad economy with fuel prices expecting to be $4.00 a gallon in March!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JudyBooty in Martinsburg, West Virginia

34 months ago

Well now they want you to have more than FACTS. They want several years of corp flying under your belt. Like one job I saw wanted 15+ years of corp flying. It's one of the hardest jobs to get. Unfortunately, they do prefer females even over straight men because look at the clientele. I would suggest EJM as a jumping off point. Good luck to you. I loved USAir. I grew up in Pittsburgh and flew them all the time. Just not the same after PSA and Piedmont. Sad. Miss the original.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

One last question if you don't mind. what is EJM and are you currently a Corporate F/A?
I think this corporate flying sounds like being a Pharmaceutical Rep. all they want is women.... ol well
I appreciate your insight very much! I know what you mean I'm from North Carolina and started with Piedmont....
Rick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Last question if you don't mind what is EJM and are you currently flying corporate?
I appreciate all your insight....I know what you mean about US Airways I started with Piedmont. from N. Carolina
Rick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JudyBooty in Pikesville, Maryland

34 months ago

EJM-executive Jet Management. No never did corp. I was at Eastern. My best friend works on a private jet out of Vegas so I know a lot from her. We did a lot of research together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dml03 in Oregon

34 months ago

daileyr in Georgetown, Delaware said: Hey Judy, I can see that being the case, but what about someone like me who's as stright as they come. I'm your good'ol boy type guy but realy like to fly.(14yrs w/ usair) also is F.A.C.T.S much better than other flight schools, thier starting price is 4500.00 where as Beyoud & Above is 3500.00
my folks are against it especially in this bad economy with fuel prices expecting to be $4.00 a gallon in March!

Hi Rick,
I would suggest Flight Safety International first then Facts. Both are good schools. I attended Beyond and Above and regret the investment. I too worked commercial for 10 years. 5 as ticket/gate/ramp agent and then flew for 5 more. The training I got from B&A was a complete joke. You know more from flying commercial than they can teach you. I am have a friend who flies for a company right now that has also told me companies in our area will not hire if not trained by FSI or FACTS. Just remember the old saying "you get what you pay for" I realized that after the fact unfortunately.I wish I would have had someone to advise me differently. You won't find any negative comments on their program because one of their employees is a computer guru and I think either he deletes them or people are to afraid of being blacklisted by MaryLou to say anything. Don't count on getting many leads from B&A maybe 1 or 2 after you graduate and most people can create a better resume than what I received. I had to come home and rewrite the entire resume. I believe that if you work at knocking on doors after the training you will find something if you are patient. It seems there is more flying on the East Coast. I am saving up to attend one of the other courses. I hope this helps and is not to late before you have invested a lot of money. Take care

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

I just wanted to let you know that was some of the best information I've gotten, I think I'm going to hold off awhile until this gas crises and Iran conflict subsides, if ever.
Thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Npeatman in Walnut Creek, California

34 months ago

daileyr in Georgetown, Delaware said: I just wanted to let you know that was some of the best information I've gotten, I think I'm going to hold off awhile until this gas crises and Iran conflict subsides, if ever.
Thanks again

I attended above and beyond with a friend. We both are flying on corporate jets. It takes work to get any job. Above and beyond gave me the tools I needed to be where I am today . I attended the April 2011 class and was in training in June for my new job do was my friend. We live in sf bay area which is very competitive and due to our training we were hired. It's up to the individuals to get the jobs. If you aren't getting hired you ate flight attendant material. Above and beyond is a great school. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

rlpconsult in Apo

33 months ago

Corporate Stewardess in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I have been a Chief stewardes on Private/Charter Yacht's for five years and would appreciate any information on how to become a corporate/vip flight attendant? Do I need schooling/training? Where? how?

Could you please contact me. I am starting an Yacht Charter Service in Southern Florida and the carribean and we are looking toward buying an Gulfstream Private Jet. I need an flight attendant. My email is rpulliam64@gmail.com

Thanks
Robert Pulliam Jr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Arly in Warwick, New York

33 months ago

JudyBooty in Pikesville, Maryland said: EJM-executive Jet Management. No never did corp. I was at Eastern. My best friend works on a private jet out of Vegas so I know a lot from her. We did a lot of research together.

Hi I am also an ex EAL F/A looking to get back to flying and would love to do corporate. I actually went to Teterboro airport and tried to get in thinking once I was in I could then 'work my magic' but I guess my 'magic' is long gone because I could not even get past the gate guards.... (and I tried a few. lol). Feeling dejected I went home to lick my wounds. Short of getting that facts training what would you suggest for me to break into this field?and thanks for the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

showmgoon in Kiev, Ukraine

32 months ago

Anybody know something about jet-xpress.com ? Is it good company ? Do U know somebody who work there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dinuska in Budapest, Hungary

32 months ago

I don't know nothing, but did they offer you a job or something?

dinuska in Budapest, Hungary

32 months ago

no thing, but did they offer you a job or something?

NikkiL in Las Vegas, Nevada

31 months ago

I was wondering if anyone in the Las Vegas area could help me. I am trying to get into corporate flying. I am hearing different things from people as to weather I need to pay for training or not. I know the east coast is very competitive and requires Flight Safety/FACTS. Is the same true for the Las Vegas area?
Also I would like to possibly get a lead on companies to contact that are based out in this area. I have tried a number of ways to get a list of companies and always come up empty handed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tolerance=peace in Cypress, Texas

31 months ago

JudyBooty in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Those corp outfits really want females. The clients really don't like those whispy, effeminate men. Gross!!

Didn't your mother teach you....if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything...? Luckily, most people responsible for hiring (i worked in inflight recruitment) do not have that kind of ignorant, closed minded, prejudicial mind! And, if they did they'd be fired/sued. That includes anyone who works for the airlines that has that attitude. You might want to consider some human relations training, and obtaining possibly some higher education...? Or...go ahead and take a chance...please speak your mind openly and frequently, that way it will be taken care of for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

beyondandabove in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: NikkiL,

I would love to help you out with your questions about becoming a private jet flight attendant and how to get work. We just recently had (2 months ago) 3 ladies come to our course at Beyond and Above and they are finding work. They had great ideas coming to the course about finding work and 2 even had strong leads. It is not too difficult to find charter companies and private companies in your area. Sounds simple, but a great place to start would be the airport. We teach this to our students and we help build their resumes, business cards, online profiles and teach them the necessary emergency training and etiquette that will help you get the jobs. Please feel free to contact me for more details. - Harrison - www.beyondandabove.net - fly@beyondandabove.net

P.S. - We are located on the East Coast in Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, and our graduates fly all over the world. Many, if not more than 100 graduates, are based on the East Coast and flying after graduating.

Thank you for your response, but I have had a friend take that course, and she was still not able to find work. That is why I was asking people to help with leads in this area. I want to speak directly to the companies before I decide to spend thousands of dollars on training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

30 months ago

As a flight attendant I urge anyone interested in pursuing this career, NOT enroll in a so-called flight attendant training school. The airlines will make their hiring decision based upon your personality, business culture, and customer service experience. It doesn't have to be airline related.
Save your money, because you'll need it for training and the first year of flying.
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NikkiL in San Diego, California

30 months ago

Thanks for the advice, and while that is very true for people getting into commercial, private flying is a whole different ball game. I used to fly commercial so I have the training. The problem is that it is not recognized in corporate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

NikkiL in San Diego, California said: Thanks for the advice, and while that is very true for people getting into commercial, private flying is a whole different ball game. I used to fly commercial so I have the training. The problem is that it is not recognized in corporate.

You're right about that...of course. I was thinking more of commercial flying. Corporate flying IS a different animal, requiring a high level of social skills as well as culinary and wine.

T. Jefferson in Miami, Florida

29 months ago

/

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: As a flight attendant I urge anyone interested in pursuing this career, NOT enroll in a so-called flight attendant training school. The airlines will make their hiring decision based upon your personality, business culture, and customer service experience. It doesn't have to be airline related.
Good luck!

I have /a lot experience to attend the people,I did for many years.
As a forein language I speak Italian, french, spanish and couple of europen dialects
I was working in the best restaurants in New York before 9/11 but right now I live in Ft Lauderdale FL.
Tank you for your attention
Thomas Antonio Fortis-Jefferson

amelie in New York, New York

29 months ago

Delta Private Jets is hiring. anyone know anything about the work/destinations/pay and how else to get noticed/in contact besides website application? how often they hire? etc...

29 months ago

amelie in New York, New York said: Delta Private Jets is hiring. anyone know anything about the work/destinations/pay and how else to get noticed/in contact besides website application? how often they hire? etc...

They have had that job posted for quite some time. I have a feeling that it may be the equivalent of Vigrin America. (I have never seen their website without them hiring) My advise would be just apply. What's the worst that will happen? I am pretty sure you can only apply online, since they are part of the "majors". The only way to apply in person would probably be at a hiring event, and I suspect they don't do cattle call type interviews. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

skywench in Gulf Breeze, Florida

28 months ago

dml03 in Oregon said: Hi Rick,
I would suggest Flight Safety International first then Facts. Both are good schools. I attended Beyond and Above and regret the investment . I too worked commercial for 10 years. 5 as ticket/gate/ramp agent and then flew for 5 more. The training I got from B&A was a complete joke. You know more from flying commercial than they can teach you. I am have a friend who flies for a company right now that has also told me companies in our area will not hire if not trained by FSI or FACTS. Just remember the old saying "you get what you pay for" I realized that after the fact unfortunately.I wish I would have had someone to advise me differently. You won't find any negative comments on their program because one of their employees is a computer guru and I think either he deletes them or people are to afraid of being blacklisted by MaryLou to say anything. Don't count on getting many leads from B&A maybe 1 or 2 after you graduate and most people can create a better resume than what I received. I had to come home and rewrite the entire resume. I believe that if you work at knocking on doors after the training you will find something if you are patient. It seems there is more flying on the East Coast. I am saving up to attend one of the other courses. I hope this helps and is not to late before you have invested a lot of money. Take care

Hi, im just curious if i have to attend flight safety or fact in order to apply and get a corporate job.? i have almost 18 years experience at 2 different commercial airlines. is this extra expense training necessary? thanks for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

needajob in Sacramento, California

28 months ago

Npeatman in Walnut Creek, California said: I attended above and beyond with a friend. We both are flying on corporate jets. It takes work to get any job. Above and beyond gave me the tools I needed to be where I am today . I attended the April 2011 class and was in training in June for my new job do was my friend. We live in sf bay area which is very competitive and due to our training we were hired. It's up to the individuals to get the jobs. If you aren't getting hired you ate flight attendant material. Above and beyond is a great school. Thank you!

a
If you don't mind me asking... who do you work for in the bay area? Are they hiring in the near future? I'm trying to get any leads I can get from people in Calif. I have over 15 years of experience.Thank you so much for a any feedback!:)

28 months ago

needajob in Sacramento, California said: a
If you don't mind me asking... who do you work for in the bay area? Are they hiring in the near future? I'm trying to get any leads I can get from people in Calif. I have over 15 years of experience.Thank you so much for a any feedback!:)

I have heard that Flight Safety International is actually very good. The poster who won't say who they fly for sounds like a company rep posing as a flight attendant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

beyondandabove in San Salvador, El Salvador

22 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: I have heard that Flight Safety International is actually very good. The poster who won't say who they fly for sounds like a company rep posing as a flight attendant .

Wait, I have to step in for a second. I fly as a private jet flight attendant and I would never post on public forum who I fly for. This the PRIVATE jet world right? Privacy is what we practice not just preach. Also I know the graduate that went to our school, her username was enough for me. Better to not sling mud and be positive. Harrison - Beyond and Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training

P.S. - Our course, its hours and our training have been reviewed by the FAA and are in complinance with Part 135, Part 91 and Part 125 rules and regulations. Simply put, you can step into an aircraft or company with the tools you need to be a corporate flight attendant. We have real companies using us for training and their flight attendants fly everyday!

Contact us through our website if you have any questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

rebecca in Denver, Colorado

20 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: You're right about that...of course. I was thinking more of commercial flying. Corporate flying IS a different animal , requiring a high level of social skills as well as culinary and wine.

what school would you recommend to get the certificates that are needed to make the transition into corporate out of commercial, i've been a fa for 13yrs and am 35 so i'd like to do this while i am still single w/o children. oh ya i'm Rebecca

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.