Republic, Shuttle, Chautauqua, North American, Trans States , and Air Wiscosin?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 26841)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Isa in Pompano Beach, Florida

79 months ago

Any word on this airlines?
How is to work with them and payment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (68) Reply - Report abuse

Diva & Momma of 5 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

well Republic, Shuttle and Chautauqua are under Republic Airways Holding Company and they are hiring!!!!I experience there staff and believe that they are Phenonmenal
Air Wisconsin I heard alot about and I would suggest anyone give them a try as well..
After alot of reading on these airlines they all have a great growth market and I think that is something to look at when putting a application in!!
www.rjet.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

yeah you right, I don't know anything about these airlines....I start training with Republic and have no idea about the company....how funny some people are!!!!!
oh and Air Wisconsin I just now the recruiters and a couple of flight attendant based in Philly but we don't talk about the company..LOL..
I'll just wait for someone to pass thru the forum and give you the rest of the info that I was going to pass on..
we'll both just wait

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

susan k in Minneapolis, Minnesota

79 months ago

how long did it take everyone to hear back from republic about whether or not they were hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

les in Roanoke, Virginia

79 months ago

Diva & Momma of 5 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi Susan,
it only took one day ;)

diva - which interview did you go to and when did your training start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I went to the interview in INDY on the 9th of October and I start training on the 26th!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Yes they r union represented and they start off at $17.00.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LCL in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Does anyone have any tips on interviews with Republic Airways? I have one next week and I want to be prepared!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Miss Crystal in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

LCL in Houston, Texas said: Does anyone have any tips on interviews with Republic Airways? I have one next week and I want to be prepared!

i had gotten hired to work for republic airways. They are pretty tough and not so organized i got my packet in the mail to study the questions 2 or 3 days before i was leaving just know be prepared for hard work and lots of studying best advice its good to make friends but its best to keep to your self that way you can be able to study then go out party and ask to get sent home because you fail a test also how it goes with the company you get a chance if you fail a test to take it again but you better pass or you get sent home second you get one more make chance and if you fail you get sent home......when they ask you what company you would rather work for go with republic i wasnt so lucky i got chataqua we had test every day and had a few hrs to study once we got to our droms to be at school the next morning to get a 100 question test the next morning....yes they have test everyday unlike republic who have it every other day and one more thing study your anouncements

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Shooting For the Stars

78 months ago

Hi Everyone!

Wondering if anyone here has been hired by Republic? I interviewed with Republic last week and was invited for training. I am going to be flying for Shuttle America. I am very excited. I was also offered training by another airline and I believe Republic has the better pay and benefits. Anyone else here for Shuttle?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

LCL in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

Shooting For the Stars said: Hi Everyone!

Wondering if anyone here has been hired by Republic? I interviewed with Republic last week and was invited for training. I am going to be flying for Shuttle America. I am very excited. I was also offered training by another airline and I believe Republic has the better pay and benefits. Anyone else here for Shuttle?

I interviewed with Republic last week as well. I am still waiting to here from them though. Another interviewee emailed me saying he received an email from them saying he did not get the job. So I am hoping that since I haven't gotten a negative email that I will be invited for training! What day did you interview? It's almost been 2 weeks for me, which is how long they said it would be at the latest before they got back to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Shooting For the Stars

78 months ago

How long did it take your friend to receive the email from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Shooting For the Stars

78 months ago

LCL,

Good luck to you!

Keep me informed about you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Future FA for Shuttle America

78 months ago

Sam,

I interviewed last week with Republic. It was actually a very relaxed atmosphere. My suggestion is to dress the part, be friendly and smile. Be honest during your one on one interview. The people there are great!

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SAM in Indy in Wabash, Indiana

78 months ago

Future FA for Shuttle America said: Sam,

I interviewed last week with Republic. It was actually a very relaxed atmosphere. My suggestion is to dress the part, be friendly and smile. Be honest during your one on one interview. The people there are great!

Good Luck!

Thanks so much for the help and the well wishes---I'll keep you posted;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Hey Everyone...stick with Republic..They are a great oompany
my class just graduated today...I got my wings Im sooo happy
also I've never worked for a airline where the CEO of the company actually took time out to come meet there employees and Mr. Bedford the CEO of Republic Airways Holding came to our graduation and handed us our wings...They have training classes scheduled back to back..The company is growing and that's a +
Despite anything you hear...Republic is awesome. In any airline that you may encounter will have there flaws
I have my O.E in a couple of days..I got Based in my hometown (Philly)so Im very happy..and Philly is a fairly new base so Reserve time is very minimal
Good luck to everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chrissy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Diva & Momma of 5 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hey Everyone...stick with Republic..They are a great oompany
also I've never worked for a airline where the CEO of the company actually took time out to come meet there employees and Mr. Bedford the CEO of Republic Airways Holding came to our graduation and handed us our wings...They have training classes scheduled back to back..The company is growing and that's a +
Despite anything you hear...Republic is awesome. In any airline that you may encounter will have there flaws
I have my O.E in a couple of days..I got Based in my hometown (Philly)so Im very happy..and Philly is a fairly new base so Reserve time is very minimal
Good luck to everyone

i was thinking for applying for air republic. I have two questions: what is the starting salary and What are my odds i will based in pHl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

chrissy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

i been thinking about applying for republic airlines. I have some questions. like
what is the starting salary?
What are my odds that I will be based in philadelph?
Also, do they have an open house in philadelphia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Chrissy,

Congrats on the Wings! I am scheduled for training in January. Would love to chat/email with you. If you find time, please email me at sheflyshigh2007@aim.com.

Again Congrats!
Lisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LCL in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

I just received a call from Republic with a training date! I'm going to be a flight attendant for Republic Airlines! Anyone else here going to training for Republic in January?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

pinkflight in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

LCL in Houston, Texas said: I just received a call from Republic with a training date! I'm going to be a flight attendant for Republic Airlines! Anyone else here going to training for Republic in January?

congratulations, I applied online and have not heard a thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Pink,

What are the training dates for January. I was told I would be training in January. I didn't get my call today...but sitting on pins and needles wanting to know when!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JRR in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

I received an email that they needed my references. So I hope to hear from them soon I would love to go to trianing in January.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

LCL in Houston, Texas said: I just received a call from Republic with a training date! I'm going to be a flight attendant for Republic Airlines! Anyone else here going to training for Republic in January?

Hi im Jeff in Denver colorado and I had my interview with Republic in november and was contacted about a week later and was told im going to training on january 4th. Im excited about it. Perhaps we will be in the same class!! talk to you soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LCL in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

Jeff in Denver, Colorado said: Hi im Jeff in Denver colorado and I had my interview with Republic in november and was contacted about a week later and was told im going to training on january 4th. Im excited about it. Perhaps we will be in the same class!! talk to you soon

yes, i'm going to training on jan 4th too! i got the packets in my email and have been reading them over. lots to remember!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

yeah it is i already memorized the bording announcment. Have the airport codes to memory already too. you pretty excited?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jd in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

well they pay better starting than most airlines and they were very nice in the interview. Very good company. Im totally excited to be a part of it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JRR in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

I got the call today and the packet in my email my class starts Jan 3 its Chautauqua airlines. See yall all there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nec in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

I will be in the Jan. 4 also. I received my training packet also. I have the announcements, airport codes and the terms memorized already. I am very excited and nervous a the same time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nec in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

Diva & Momma of 5 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hey Everyone...stick with Republic..They are a great oompany
Good luck to everyone

Congrats. I start training Jan.4th what was O.E. like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa

77 months ago

Nec,

Who will you be flying for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nec in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

Republic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa

77 months ago

Waiting on my call for the training date...I will be with Shuttle America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nec in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

I hope they call you soon? When did you interview? I

Lisa

77 months ago

I went down at the end of October. They told me classes were forming for January. So I sit and wait to hear something.

jd in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

usually they contact you within a week of interviewing. I would call them and check. No harm in being overly interested. I heard back within 5 days and was offered training. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Well Congrats to everyone..like I said Republic is a great company...the instructors are wonderful you all will have a blast..
Chrissy, Philly is a fairly new base, if you put it as your first choice you'll probably get it!!
To answer someones question training is paid!!!!
look forward to seeing you all on line!!!

Toodles
;)
nylo_o@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

chrissy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: i was thinking for applying for air republic. I have two questions: what is the starting salary and What are my odds i will based in pHl

starting salary is $16.81 and the odds of you getting PHL is very good. you get a raise after 7mos and then another raise on hire date anniversary
Im from Philly and got it for my base..half my class was sent to PHL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jd in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Hi Im in Denver Co. and Im also going to training for Republic in January!! very exciting!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Hello everyone!! just would like to say I start training on Jan. 3rd for chautauqua. Very Exited!!! I interviewed in october and got a call 2 weeks later.. and a offer letter in my inbox. JRR it looks like we will be training together!! i have only gotten on email so far that has the info packet. well bye for now....

Debbie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jd in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Hi Debbie in Denver, Im Jeff in Denver and I start training for Republic on the 4th of January. Perhaps ill see you in Indy, Congradulations. Jeff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Hey good Luck too you!! do you know when you fly out??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

jd in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

yes on the 3rd at 10 am or so... on United

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

allyaustralia in New Jersey

77 months ago

LCL in Houston, Texas said: Does anyone have any tips on interviews with Republic Airways? I have one next week and I want to be prepared!

Don't stress they'll hire anyone to keep their planes in the air. I was with them for 2 years..and I've seen who they've hired :)

I just resigned recently..for greener pastures.

On the bright side - I have a lot of wonderful friends there you'll get to work with. If they haven't left yet!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

chrissy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: i been thinking about applying for republic airlines. I have some questions. like
what is the starting salary?
What are my odds that I will be based in philadelph?
Also, do they have an open house in philadelphia?

Hi Chrissy. PHL is the newest base and is very easy to get into. More than likely that would be where you would be assigned anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey said: Hi Diva:
You appear to know the drill with Republic.
My question:
In the next day or so I plan to complete online application for Republic Airways- (on Republic Airways website.)
What are the odds for Phila as my base?
I understand the whole flexible deal with the FA life as I've been an FA before years ago.
This time, I would like to stay close to my home- New Jersey and Phila base would be ideal.
Can you tell me how the process works with Republic?
Placing an application for FA position on the Republic Airways website is for Republic correct? Or am I fair game for the other airlines connected with Republic Airways?
(My preference is Republic.)
Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
I am in the process of becoming a "flying gal" again and Republic Airways is my airline of choice.
(I was previously at one of the top 3 mainline carriers. Regional is where my heart is now)

Also, what are the flight benefits?
Can you non-rev on all of the carriers you provide service for?

Thank you again for your time!
Mamma of 5! WOW> You are busy! :)

Not that you asked me - but I do know (having worked there for 2 years) Your flight benefits depend on whether you end up getting hired for Chautauqua, Shuttle, or Republic.

Chautauqua has the best benefits (also dependant on your base) because they fly for Delta, United and US Airways.

If you get taken in Republic you get just US Airways benefits. On the bright side you can still buy z-fares on just about any airline..so it doesn't matter too much.

Good luck - its pretty easy to get hired, so don't stress. The attrition rate is pretty high..so if you can hang in there long enough you'll be a senior mama in no time!

Ally :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

allyaustralia in New Jersey said: Don't stress they'll hire anyone to keep their planes in the air. I was with them for 2 years..and I've seen who they've hired :)

I just resigned recently..for greener pastures.

On the bright side - I have a lot of wonderful friends there you'll get to work with. If they haven't left yet!

Cool out!!! they don't hire anyone.. and I understand that you left for greener pastures but that doesnt mean for you to down grade the company and I don't feel we need another bashing site like they did on here to Mesa!!!
For what is worth ALL AIRLINES IS GOING TO HAVE PROS AND CONS. IF SOMETHING ISNT FOR YOU THAN ITS NOT FOR YOU.

PEOPLE LET YOURE EXPERIENCE WITH A COMPANY BE JUST THAT YOURE EXPERIENCE...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

I'm cool girl (freezing actually lol) I'm just saying they are not as hard to get hired with as most airlines which is great so you can get experience in an airline - its a great place to start.

Don't be so defensive sweetie I am not trying to lessen your achievements at all - just trying to let people know its a good starting point!

I am not bashing Republic - I love many people at Republic and yes, like all companies they have things they could work on and things that are great.

All in all its your crews that will make it worthwhile. Treat em right and stick together.

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SKKY in Mansfield, New Jersey

77 months ago

Can I apply for JUST Republic?
That is where my interest is.
I entered an application on the Republic website to be considered for cabin crew.
For me personally Republic would be a better fit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

wow they seem to have it together... i am still waiting on my next packet (the home study guide). they told me that i wont get my ticket until 3 days before i fly out...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.