SCAMS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

DaniB in North Hollywood, California

55 months ago

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up! My friend came across an awesome opportunity this morning as a corporate flight attendant on hotjobs.com. You would get paid just about $4,000/mo, you don't have to relocate. It's for a private cruise company called Xanadu. Remember that name. They promise to fly you out to Miami for the interview. She looked them up on snopes.com put flight attendant in the search engine, and clicked on #5..and there they were, in all of their glory. Apparantly the scam is they ask you to wire them some of the cost of your airfare for the interview, because they don't want to spend the money and you may not show, and that you will get you $ back at the interview. But of course by then, their phone is turned off. The biggest red flag was, my friend asked if she should send them her resume and he said no. Um, what company doesn't want to see a resume. BEWARE, never send money or personal info to these people over the phone...you never have to pay to get a job. I just feel bad that they prey on the weak and desperate. So please spread the word.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No Reply - Report abuse

Buckky in Muncie, Indiana

48 months ago

They do a similar thing claiming to be from the Ladbrokes company. It's all a scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Imflyinghigh

46 months ago

yes I also spoke with someone who tried the same with me, I was a gate agent at the time and so I offered to fly myself and he never called back I filed a complaint with the FCC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

me in Johannesburg, South Africa

38 months ago

hi im cully from south africa
i just(as in 20 minuits ago) roller over a british fraud by asking questions he cant answer because he is piggy backing
real companies and has no involvment with them :great british jet airways and some travel agency.
this guy uses hotamil accounts with company names in front????
askes for half visa fees?????
he is impatient??????
and, he does't know it but he/she has POOOOR english for a airline incumbent.

also requires fund through weastern union and money gram...GO SCREW YOUR SELF if u arnt doing it already, which u probebly are!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Yucca Valley, California

16 months ago

Imflyinghigh said: yes I also spoke with someone who tried the same with me, I was a gate agent at the time and so I offered to fly myself and he never called back I filed a complaint with the FCC

same ad appeared on craigslist, i called the number left my name and #, next day i got a call from a private # man was very rude claiming to be a HR rep with a large private corp jet/cruise ship members only firm. said a rep would be in my area on thurs and he would be calling me back. No one called me back so i called the # again the man was very very rude said oh yes you were told to wait for the rep to call you when they get there. claims the job pays a large amount a week and that you would work 4 days 3 days off and be home by 6pm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Yucca Valley, California

16 months ago

DaniB in North Hollywood, California said: I just wanted to give everyone a heads up! My friend came across an awesome opportunity this morning as a corporate flight attendant on hotjobs.com. You would get paid just about $4,000/mo, you don't have to relocate. It's for a private cruise company called Xanadu. Remember that name. They promise to fly you out to Miami for the interview. She looked them up on snopes.com put flight attendant in the search engine, and clicked on #5..and there they were, in all of their glory. Apparantly the scam is they ask you to wire them some of the cost of your airfare for the interview, because they don't want to spend the money and you may not show, and that you will get you $ back at the interview. But of course by then, their phone is turned off. The biggest red flag was, my friend asked if she should send them her resume and he said no. Um, what company doesn't want to see a resume. BEWARE, never send money or personal info to these people over the phone...you never have to pay to get a job. I just feel bad that they prey on the weak and desperate. So please spread the word.

was the man on the phone rude? sounds like the same ad i found on craigslist. the number i called was from new york

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.