SKYWEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 8278)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Sherry in San Diego, California

79 months ago

does anyone know when skywest has their training dates?
i had an interview with them the other day and am still waiting to hear from them. the reason i ask is that i won't be finished with my degree until may, but i'd really love to work for them so i was hopeful that they could place me in a training session then (if i am invited of course!)

also, do they generally hire on the spot like other airlines? they told me (and the others i think) to expect an email within the next week with either a yes or no. i am so impatient i just want to know already!!

any advice would be appreciated, thanks :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2302) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

thank you! that is great news! (if i get hired that is!) waiting for the email is killing me! i keep playing the interview in my head over and over again, it's driving me crazy.
congrats to you! crossing my fingers :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

flightybrat in Clinton Township, Michigan

79 months ago

Sherry-I'm sure you did awesome:)

Jennie-Yes they did-and they will extend an offer via email within 2 weeks of the interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Oh, and Thank you:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

flightybrat- do you know if skywest FA's get free travel on united and delta (since they have agreements)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Los Angeles, California

79 months ago

Hey Sherry, did you attend the February 6th open house in Los Angeles? I'm also waiting to hear back from them. Well, good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Chris in Los Angeles, California said: Hey Sherry, did you attend the February 6th open house in Los Angeles? I'm also waiting to hear back from them. Well, good luck to you!

hey chris,
i attended the feb 7th one in san diego. the wait is killing me! let me know when you hear from them :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jennie in Sanford, Florida

79 months ago

Hey Guys! I am getting nervous...my session is tomorrow...tell me what to expect please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Jennie in Sanford, Florida said: Hey Guys! I am getting nervous...my session is tomorrow...tell me what to expect please!

Hi Jennie!
don't worry, they are really nice. you drop of your resume, then they do a company overview (requirements, benefits, etc.) then open it up to questions- ask an intelligent one!
2nd, each person has to stand up and talk about why they want to be a FA for skywest. try to have something in mind and act confident and smile! be sure to talk loud enough so that they can hear u from the back.
then you get split into several groups. the group part was fun,nothing difficult or nerve-wracking, just to get to know you as a person.
then they decide who they want to see for 1-1 interviews while you take a long break.
the 1-1 i had was comfortable, the recruiter didn't make me feel nervous or anything.
just be yourself, dress properly, have confidence in yourself and smile!!!

good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Sherry in San Diego, California said: Hi Jennie!
don't worry, they are really nice. you drop of your resume, then they do a company overview (requirements, benefits, etc.) then open it up to questions- ask an intelligent one!
2nd, each person has to stand up and talk about why they want to be a FA for skywest. try to have something in mind and act confident and smile! be sure to talk loud enough so that they can hear u from the back.
then you get split into several groups. the group part was fun,nothing difficult or nerve-wracking, just to get to know you as a person.
then they decide who they want to see for 1-1 interviews while you take a long break.
the 1-1 i had was comfortable, the recruiter didn't make me feel nervous or anything.
just be yourself, dress properly, have confidence in yourself and smile!!!

good luck :)

Thank you Sherry! I am starting to feel better...I have my fingers crossed for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hi Jennie:)
Good Luck tomorrow-you will do fantastic:) It is very laid back-just be yourself and smile and make sure not to use the universal answer of "I want to bea an fa because I want to travel and meet new people". Keep us posted!

Sherry-any word yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Quick question, do they interview you with 2 or 3 representatives from the company or one on one? Does everyone get an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hi there, I'm Chris and based on the open house they held here in Los Angeles, I can tell you that everyone will get the chance to introduce themselves and then everyone will yet again have the opportunity to let the recruiters know more about themselves in a group interview. From there however, you'll only get the chance for an one-on-one if you make the list. I don't think they have a specific agenda of how many people to put through, but rather just choose as many people as they feel are qualified. In ours we started out with about seventy candidates and twenty-one ended up on the list.

Oh yeah and also, we had two recruiters come in to tell us about the company and to evaluate everyone. I should say don't worry too much about that first speech, there were a lot of people who made really excellent speeches in our open house, but didn't get through... but if you really have a genuine passion for flight attending and enjoyment of working with all sorts of people then make sure to let that shine through. I think those are critical assets that the recruiters may be looking for... well, best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

flightybrat in Clinton Township, Michigan said: Hi Jennie:)
Good Luck tomorrow-you will do fantastic:) It is very laid back-just be yourself and smile and make sure not to use the universal answer of "I want to bea an fa because I want to travel and meet new people". Keep us posted!

Sherry-any word yet?

nope, no word. i believe chris is still waiting to hear too. his interview was the day before mine. i'm hoping it doesn't take the full two weeks for them to get back to us!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Heyyy, I'm a girl. :P
Sorry, it's Chris short for Christine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thank you for the responses. What do you guys mean by group interview? They interview us in front of all the applicants?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Jennie in Sanford, Florida said: Quick question, do they interview you with 2 or 3 representatives from the company or one on one? Does everyone get an interview?

Hi Jennie,
It is a 1 on 1 interview and everyone that attends is interviewed:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Sherry in San Diego, California said: nope, no word. i believe chris is still waiting to hear too. his interview was the day before mine. i'm hoping it doesn't take the full two weeks for them to get back to us!

No worries:) Once you and Christine find out, jeep me posted; we may even be in the same training class once they post the new dates:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

flightybrat in Clinton Township, Michigan said: Hi Jennie,
It is a 1 on 1 interview and everyone that attends is interviewed:)

Jennie-
At the open house that I was at in Phoenix there were only about 20 people there so it was a little different than Christine's. We all stood up and gave an introduction of ourselves and why we would want to be a fa. Then they (2 recruiters) sent us out of the room and called us each in for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Yay, I got it! I've been counting down the days and by my calculations Sherry should receives her tommorow. :P
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't get a chance to speak to anyone about my training dates until monday. Oh well, I'll keep you posted.

79 months ago

uhh... *receive hers***

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

i got the email today saying i have been accepted for training! yay!! i'm so excited!
just wanted to share the good news with you all. :)

jennie- how did your open house/interview go?
chris - have you received an email yet?

have a great weekend everyone!

79 months ago

oops chris i just saw that you got it too!!
CONGRATS!!
:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Sherry in San Diego, California said: i got the email today saying i have been accepted for training! yay!! i'm so excited!
just wanted to share the good news with you all. :)

jennie- how did your open house/interview go?
chris - have you received an email yet?

have a great weekend everyone!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for both of you!!! Let me know about your training dates as well:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Ofcourse we will ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Oh yes and congratulations Sherry! I guess I was wrong with my calculations after all ! But congrats all the same.

79 months ago

Just got home from mine...there were about 40 people there but maybe about 20-25 that stuck around to interview. We did have to get up in front to introduce ourselves and I think that some of people chickened out of doing that. I was the last person interviewed so that may be an advantage or disadvatage but I got to meet alot of very nice people. Congrats to you both on getting in! I can't wait to hear all the details and am so proud of you guys! Thank you for all your help with my questions and the great encouragement!
Jennie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Jennie in Sanford, Florida said: Just got home from mine...there were about 40 people there but maybe about 20-25 that stuck around to interview. We did have to get up in front to introduce ourselves and I think that some of people chickened out of doing that. I was the last person interviewed so that may be an advantage or disadvatage but I got to meet alot of very nice people. Congrats to you both on getting in! I can't wait to hear all the details and am so proud of you guys! Thank you for all your help with my questions and the great encouragement!
Jennie

I'm sure you did great Jennie:)

79 months ago

Just so that you all know, my name is Courtney:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

hey Courtney! question for you- do you know what skywest's flight privileges are with other airlines?
also, out of curiousity, what made you choose them?

hope you had a great weekend :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

flightybrat in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

79 months ago

Hi Sherry!
Sorry about the delay:) They have flight privs on Delta, United and I believe Midwest Express. SkyWest is an amazing company for a regional-they are the largest regional in the US and are a very stable company. They have a great contract. Besides that-there are so many options with them as far as bases and the flight privs. I was also very impressed with the recruiters that I met at the open house. I am very happy that they did hire me-I can't wait to get a training date:) And I love the uniforms! But that is just an added bonus:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

flightybrat in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan said: Hi Sherry!
Sorry about the delay:) They have flight privs on Delta, United and I believe Midwest Express. SkyWest is an amazing company for a regional-they are the largest regional in the US and are a very stable company. They have a great contract. Besides that-there are so many options with them as far as bases and the flight privs. I was also very impressed with the recruiters that I met at the open house. I am very happy that they did hire me-I can't wait to get a training date:) And I love the uniforms! But that is just an added bonus:)

i concur on the uniforms! particularly the little scarf! haha
i just spoke with them today. it sounds like training won't be until the end of may/early june like you said, which works perfectly since i will be getting my degree in may...but it's making it hard to focus on school- all i think about is how i am ready to go to training!
i had never heard of them until they were recommended to me by one of our clients (FA for united for 17+ yrs). she told me that she has heard great things about them and the way they treat their employees. i think that really says a lot about a company when other airlines are talking good things about them!
i too was impressed with their recruiters- they were all super sweet and genuine; i felt very welcomed by them at my interview.
i am curious to know how many people they are hiring in total, and how many were selected from each recruitment event...i guess i'll have to wait till training to find out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I am not sure how many from my group were hired-I think 15?? Not sure-yeah I can't wait for training either-I am just sitting around playing Pogo all day:) I left my other job in Dec so I am getting very bored:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Ok guys! The wait is killing me! LOL
So what made everyone choose skywest and which domiciles do you hope to get?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Kissimmee, Florida

79 months ago

Jennie in Sanford, Florida said: Ok guys! The wait is killing me! LOL
So what made everyone choose skywest and which domiciles do you hope to get?

Hey !1 Jennie.
I sent you an email, well to all the emails that I have from open house.

I was there with you, but, at this time, I can't remember what you look like.

I was the 2nd person to go up in the 60 second me speech.

LOL.

If you can't remember me, I am the one 2nd to do speeck, blue suit, scarf that was choking me (LOL), hair pulled back, and I acknowledged the recruitors, even the one that was not there. (LOL).

My anxiety level is so High right now.

Talk to you soon,

Barbara

Chris in Whittier, California

79 months ago

I think I'm going to create my wish-list according to warm-weather bases and cold-weather bases. I'm a s**ker for warm weather..so.. any California bases, (most likely I won't get them, but..) and then maybe bases like Arizona and Utah... as for Chicago.. as much as it's a great place.. it's just waay too cold for me and probably pricey to live too... so it'll probably be my last choice.

Oh gosh, it won't let me say s**ker.....!?? why..

79 months ago

yes, warm--> cold bases! never lived in a cold place. although i think denver would be a beautiful place to be based.
they told us it would take 2yrs to be based out of san diego, though i don't know about the other ones.

do they actually let us create a wish list? that would be nice.

jennie- hopefully you will hear back from them soon. i got mine exactly 1 week after the open house.
i've chosen skywest because of the great things i've heard about their company and how they treat their employees. one of my recruiters mentioned she liked that the company knew her by her name, not just another employee number.
however, i am still waiting to hear back from several other airlines for interviews to have choices...but who knows when i will be contacted. i feel lost in their systems!

have you all interviewed/applied with any other airlines?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Whittier, California

79 months ago

Oh, that's too bad.. San Diego was pretty high on my list and yes, they did mention that we'd get to make a wish-list at the end of training. Well as for me.. I've interviewed with United last year.. I didn't make it past their group and one-on-one interviews. After that I was boycotting airlines for awhile and then just recently went to Skywests open house. I did get interview dates with ASA and Alaskan Airlines, but I've canceled them for now... I guess I want to give Skywest a chance for now. Later though, it'd be nice to work for an international airline like Cathay Pacific! :P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

yea, i was disappointed when i heard that too...but 2 years goes by pretty quick when you think about it.

I've been torn about other airlines as well. on one hand, i like what skywest has to offer and how kindly i was treated during recruitment and they seem to be a great company to work for. not too big or too small...but on the other hand i would also like to fly internationally. i wish i could sit down and talk to a bunch of FA's from all the different airlines and see how happy they are, etc. then i think i'd have a clear picture of which companies are for me.

79 months ago

Hey Ladies:)
I think we make our wish list at the beginning of training and then they assign our bases a week before graduation. I love Chicago-so that's my first choice. tucson wouldn't be bad either since my whole family lives there.

79 months ago

in Arizona that is:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jennie H in Orlando, Florida

79 months ago

Barbara in Kissimmee, Florida said: Hey !1 Jennie.
I sent you an email, well to all the emails that I have from open house.

I was there with you, but, at this time, I can't remember what you look like.

I was the 2nd person to go up in the 60 second me speech.

LOL.

If you can't remember me, I am the one 2nd to do speeck, blue suit, scarf that was choking me (LOL), hair pulled back, and I acknowledged the recruitors, even the one that was not there. (LOL).

My anxiety level is so High right now.

Talk to you soon,

Barbara

I do remember you!!! I was the redhead sitting in the middle, 2nd row on the left side, grey suit...you can always email me privately if you want to just chat :)
Fingers are crossed for both of us! I have been applying for other airlines-not keeping all my eggs in one basket so to speak. I went to Delta last month and can truly say I was disappointed in them but am flying to Chicago next Wednesday for United...I guess only time will tell but I really think being a flight attendant would be a great job for me!

79 months ago

Sherry in San Diego, California said: yes, warm--> cold bases! never lived in a cold place. although i think denver would be a beautiful place to be based.
they told us it would take 2yrs to be based out of san diego, though i don't know about the other ones.

do they actually let us create a wish list? that would be nice.

jennie- hopefully you will hear back from them soon. i got mine exactly 1 week after the open house.
i've chosen skywest because of the great things i've heard about their company and how they treat their employees. one of my recruiters mentioned she liked that the company knew her by her name, not just another employee number.
however, i am still waiting to hear back from several other airlines for interviews to have choices...but who knows when i will be contacted. i feel lost in their systems!

have you all interviewed/applied with any other airlines?

I didn't realize SAN was taking two years to get to. I think I would choose Chicago-fun city. My luck I will get accepted for MKE and the only thing I know about that city is that is where Laverne & Shirley are from LOL. I guess we're both playing the waiting game at this point with a few airlines...but things happen for a reason right?! If it's exactly a week, I should know on Thursday how it goes....can anticipation kill a person? :)

79 months ago

Jennie H in Orlando, Florida said: I do remember you!!! I was the redhead sitting in the middle, 2nd row on the left side, grey suit...you can always email me privately if you want to just chat :)
Fingers are crossed for both of us! I have been applying for other airlines-not keeping all my eggs in one basket so to speak. I went to Delta last month and can truly say I was disappointed in them but am flying to Chicago next Wednesday for United...I guess only time will tell but I really think being a flight attendant would be a great job for me!

i am waiting to hear from united too. i did the assessment, but none of the phone interview times worked for me and it said someone would call me in 3 weeks? i hope i get a phone call. is it just the phone interview and then they offer you a face to face? good luck with your interview next week!

may i ask why you were disappointed in delta?

chicago would be a cool place. i was there briefly for a wedding and thought it was a beautiful city. don't know about snow though... :/

79 months ago

Sherry in San Diego, California said: i am waiting to hear from united too. i did the assessment, but none of the phone interview times worked for me and it said someone would call me in 3 weeks? i hope i get a phone call. is it just the phone interview and then they offer you a face to face? good luck with your interview next week!

may i ask why you were disappointed in delta?

chicago would be a cool place. i was there briefly for a wedding and thought it was a beautiful city. don't know about snow though... :/

3 WEEKS! I filled my form from their website on Sunday and spoke to them on Tuesday. There was a section after filling out the application that said what is the best time to call and I put Monday, when they didn't call Monday I called and left them a message. The call was EASY - maybe 10 minutes total and then I was invited to Chicago - I am excited, never been but looks like a fun place. Apparently there are two face to face interviews with United- one with a temp agency who works for them and one is with them at their headquarters.

I was disappointed in Delta for many reasons but mainly because it seemed like they were taking anyone, flying them to Atlanta and then not even interviewing many of them. (I got an interview but that's another story)...I am sure you can read some of the Delta horror stories on this website-mine is just one of many.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Amybeth in Fort Collins, Colorado

79 months ago

Has anyone heard when training will be for Skywest? I interviewed in Denver Jan.30th..I hope it's in the next few months. I heard it could be as late as June. I want Denver..but I don't know how hard it is to get Denver. Any info is appreciated!!Thanks!:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Amybeth in Fort Collins, Colorado said: Has anyone heard when training will be for Skywest? I interviewed in Denver Jan.30th..I hope it's in the next few months. I heard it could be as late as June. I want Denver..but I don't know how hard it is to get Denver. Any info is appreciated!!Thanks!:)

hi amybeth-all we know is that it's going to be the end of may/early june. they don't have specific dates yet though... it will be here before you know it!

79 months ago

Yeah that's true. I hope I get Denver..I already live close to Denver:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marsha in Paradise, Utah

79 months ago

Amybeth in Fort Collins, Colorado said: Has anyone heard when training will be for Skywest? I interviewed in Denver Jan.30th..I hope it's in the next few months. I heard it could be as late as June. I want Denver..but I don't know how hard it is to get Denver. Any info is appreciated!!Thanks!:)

Hey guys, I finished training with SkyWest in January and am based in Denver. Out of the 28 of us who made it to graduation, 20 were based in Denver. I have heard that the class that came after us got mostly SLC. Denver and Salt Lake are pretty easy to get. I think they are looking to increase their MKE base also. California is VERY senior (except Fresno). Portland, Tuscon, and Atlanta are also senior. Good luck and hope to see you in the skies soon. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thanks that makes me feel better!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.