SKYWEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5651 to 5700 of 8994)
Page:  « First « Previous   111  112  113  114  115  116  117  Next »   Last »

bond girl in Salt Lake City, Utah

31 months ago

Alycat985 in Elk Grove, California said: Can I ask where you got these numbers? I noticed their website lists the starting pay at $17.50 per hour with a guarantee of 62.5 hrs per month.

Hey Alycat, just go off of what the SkyWest website say. ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California

31 months ago

Alycat985 in Elk Grove, California said: Can I ask where you got these numbers? I noticed their website lists the starting pay at $17.50 per hour with a guarantee of 62.5 hrs per month.

And to add to that, you are correct about starting pay is $17.50. You get paid that from 0-6 months, at the 6 month mark the pay is $20.88 and you get paid that until you reach the 1year mark, after one year it is $21.30 then so on down the list :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California

31 months ago

ORD is a United hub so I'm assuming most of the flying would be United. The base I'm at is a United Hub and I mostly fly United but still occasionally get Delta flights, just not as many.

elvisfan in Hanover Park, Illinois

31 months ago

Thanks for the info. Do you do water training here.

future FA in Los Angeles, California

31 months ago

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington said: I will be going to the one in San jose,, if anyone else is going and have to rent a hotel room,, let me know,, I'll be there!! And would love to have a friend!!! ;) thanks!!

Will you let us know how the interview process goes when you get done and how you did? Thanks!!

Lacey in Cheyenne, Wyoming

31 months ago

I am also in the January 3rd training!

31 months ago

Lacey in Cheyenne, Wyoming said: I am also in the January 3rd training!

Is it possible for you to share the interview process w/ us future interviewees? Thank you for any info. Have fun in training and Congrats!

Lacey in Cheyenne, Wyoming

31 months ago

future FA in Los Angeles, California said: Is it possible for you to share the interview process w/ us future interviewees? Thank you for any info. Have fun in training and Congrats!

Be sure to wear business casual. The line to get into the interview at MSP was an hour long. Be confident in public speaking and they do watch you the whole time. So don't check your cell phone will they are talking about the company. They seem to like people who communicated well. Be patient as it does take a long time. We had roughly 400 people I believe at our OH. Just like any interview, I would practice interview questions. You can google some good ones, but it was really friendly so don't be too nervous. Obviously, research the company and know the name of the company. We had people confuse it with Southwest. They narrow down the group before doing one-on-ones. I know people had to go first for their one on ones because their flights out were within an hour. It ran from 8 am to 7 pm for some interviews. So make sure you plan the latest flight if your going to fly in for an interview. I wish I would have asked more questions because I have 100's more before I go to training and take notes!

ualfliers in Bakersfield, California

31 months ago

Lacey, if you'd like to email off this forum about our upcoming training, I can be reached at blessedtimes5@gmail.com. Looking forward to meeting you:)

future FA in Monterey Park, California

31 months ago

Lacey in Cheyenne, Wyoming said: Be sure to wear business casual. The line to get into the interview at MSP was an hour long. Be confident in public speaking and they do watch you the whole time. So don't check your cell phone will they are talking about the company. They seem to like people who communicated well. Be patient as it does take a long time. We had roughly 400 people I believe at our OH. Just like any interview, I would practice interview questions. You can google some good ones, but it was really friendly so don't be too nervous. Obviously, research the company and know the name of the company. We had people confuse it with Southwest. They narrow down the group before doing one-on-ones. I know people had to go first for their one on ones because their flights out were within an hour. It ran from 8 am to 7 pm for some interviews. So make sure you plan the latest flight if your going to fly in for an interview. I wish I would have asked more questions because I have 100's more before I go to training and take notes!

Lacey, thank you for this info. Can you explain how they narrow it down for the one on one interviews? I just had an interview w/ United and we only had 100 in our group but 400 is alot to weed thru. We all had one on ones tho. Thank you again and congrats!!!

LiferFA in Humble, Texas

31 months ago

Hi does anyone know if Skywest would consider hiring a pre-merger ExpressJet Flight Attendant that's not rehirable at ExpressJet just for sick calls? I was very traumatized and depressed after the death of both my parents and my doctors never filled out my FMLA paperwork despite everyday persistence. I am currently working at mainline United in a non-flying position.

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York

31 months ago

I Just got an e-mailed from Skywest telling me the dates, and where the next group interview will be located at. I'm going to see if I can book it for January 16th in Los Angeles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chicubs in Bartlett, Illinois

31 months ago

I also got the email about the interview. Is this a good company to work for. I heard it is the biggest and best regional to work for wondering if that is true? Is it true hundreds of people line up early to get to the interview. So if check in is at 8 30 is 8 early enough to make it in. Anyone know what the interview process is like here? Hope it is different than uniteds. Thanks

jonesskydn@aol.com in Monument, Colorado

31 months ago

Hi Bond Girl Congrats on your training I'm sure you are having a blast and glad you got through the training, my question is this I see they have 5 open house interviews scheduled coming up the next couple of months, my thought is to go to 1 of the 2 in California but I live in Colorado Springs but I'm concerned if they get enough people hired in the 1st 3-4 interviews would they cancel the Denver interview I have heard along time ago of airlines doing that and the airline industry can be unpredictable. I'm a previous FA and desperately want to get back in & what are the chances of getting based in Colorado Or California right out of training Thanks Fly4u

Letsfly in San Diego, California

31 months ago

Anyone attending the Los Angeles Open House? Also what are the chances of getting based in California?

31 months ago

Letsfly in San Diego, California said: Anyone attending the Los Angeles Open House? Also what are the chances of getting based in California?

Good question???? I am also planning on attending the LA Open House and would love to hear from all who have gone thru their interviews and their experiences. AND thank you to those who have already shared!!!

31 months ago

future FA in Los Angeles, California said: Good question???? I am also planning on attending the LA Open House and would love to hear from all who have gone thru their interviews and their experiences. AND thank you to those who have already shared!!!

Do you have any F/A experience? I cant wait for the Open House.

31 months ago

Letsfly in San Diego, California said: Do you have any F/A experience? I cant wait for the Open House.

No I don't. I'm almost 52 and just had my first professional interview w/ United a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I never made it past my first of 3 interviews. It was a great experience tho. How about you?

jonesskydn@aol.com in Monument, Colorado

31 months ago

I have worked for 3 airlines last 2 were commercial & 1 was contract airline loved every day I spent in the business, I have been to many open house interviews and most of the advice I have seen posted is very good & pretty accurate and they are usually pretty full. first thing I would consider when getting into this business is be ready to not get your 1st choice of base and be will to relocate and understand it's not a job it's a career & a lifestyle change it can be stressful at times but I found that you either love it or hate if you love you'll never want to do anything else. We F/A's & pilots too have a saying we got jet fuel in our veins those are the ones that can't get out of the business. and for the most part it can take some people a good 6 months to a year to make that decision fairly wish you all luck.

31 months ago

jonesskydn@aol.com in Monument, Colorado said: I have worked for 3 airlines last 2 were commercial & 1 was contract airline loved every day I spent in the business, I have been to many open house interviews and most of the advice I have seen posted is very good & pretty accurate and they are usually pretty full. first thing I would consider when getting into this business is be ready to not get your 1st choice of base and be will to relocate and understand it's not a job it's a career & a lifestyle change it can be stressful at times but I found that you either love it or hate if you love you'll never want to do anything else. We F/A's & pilots too have a saying we got jet fuel in our veins those are the ones that can't get out of the business. and for the most part it can take some people a good 6 months to a year to make that decision fairly wish you all luck.

Thank you for the response jonesskydn....I just wish it were easier to get in. The competition is fierce but I know I can do it. Thanks again!

GirlFly2012 in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

Hey, everyone!! I wanted to ask some of you who has already started with Sky with is it possible to commute?

GirlFly2012 in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

sorry for typo that's Skywest not sky with!!

31 months ago

Anybody else attending the group interview next month in Los Angeles?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

future fa in Los Angeles, California

31 months ago

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York said: Anybody else attending the group interview next month in Los Angeles?

I was thinking about it.......and you?

31 months ago

future fa in Los Angeles, California said: I was thinking about it.......and you?

Yes. I'm going to try to make it.

future fa in Los Angeles, California

31 months ago

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes. I'm going to try to make it.

Good, keep me posted.

chicubs in Wheaton, Illinois

31 months ago

can anyone share what the group interview process is like with skywest?can a current skywest flight attendant let me know if it possible to get chicago ord out of training? Is chicago considered a junior or senior base for them? Thanks so much.

FlyFitch in Denver, Colorado

31 months ago

I have read in previous posts on here that SkyWest does not prefer people to have previous FA experience. I am currently a flight attendant at another airline, but was going to interview with SkyWest, but am worried I will be looked over since I have already been a flight attendant.

Is there anyone on here that has been successful with SkyWest, and has already had FA experience?

ualfliers in Bakersfield, California

31 months ago

I don't believe that to be true. I have 13 years previous exp. and am going to training in January.

Eddy in Fayetteville, North Carolina

31 months ago

im too tall for this company :(

elvisfan in Bartlett, Illinois

31 months ago

are the chances to get ord chicago out of training good? Is this a junior base with skywest? Or would a skywest flight attendant know how long it might take to get it after training? Thanks

31 months ago

Does anyone know how many FA'S work on a flight? Are you solo?

31 months ago

future fa in Los Angeles, California said: Good, keep me posted.

Hey future fa,

I'll be attending the group interview. I booked a hotel room, just have to buy my plane ticket now. Did you decide if you were going to attend, or not?

31 months ago

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York said: Hey future fa,

I'll be attending the group interview. I booked a hotel room, just have to buy my plane ticket now. Did you decide if you were going to attend, or not?

Right now, I am planning on it. Aren't they conducting an interview in Chicago the following week that would be closer to you? Let's keep in touch and maybe we can meet that morning and do coffee before we go in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

future FA in Los Angeles, California said: Right now, I am planning on it. Aren't they conducting an interview in Chicago the following week that would be closer to you? Let's keep in touch and maybe we can meet that morning and do coffee before we go in?

Yes they are but I have plans around that time. Feel free to e-mail me: middleofmarch@gmail.com. My name is Ashley.

FutureFA in Fullerton, California

31 months ago

Does anyone know if you have to attend the open house in order to get a call for an interview? I only applied online.

italiangirl in Wheaton, Illinois

31 months ago

From what I understand you do have to attend the open house to be considered for the job. I filled out the application and they sent me an invite to group interview. On that email it mentioned the open house is open to anyone who has filled out an online job application. Hope that answers your question. I also read on their career page there are flights where you would work solo or with another attendant depending on the aircraft. 50 passengers or less 1 flight attendant. The bigger aircraft something like 60 to 80 passengers 2 flight attendants. All the info is on the skywest career tab section. Good luck to all going!

Kim in Parker, Colorado

31 months ago

FutureFA in Fullerton, California said: Does anyone know if you have to attend the open house in order to get a call for an interview? I only applied online.

Hi Future FA, I just wanted to let you know that once you apply online they'll send you an invite to group interview but it's not immediate. It took over 2 weeks for me to get the e-mail with information about the group interview and where they'll be held.

31 months ago

does anyone know what the most junior base for skywest is? Any chance to get chicago ord out of training if picked? Thanks

Halle45 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

31 months ago

future FA in Los Angeles, California said: Does anyone know how many FA'S work on a flight? Are you solo?

one on a crj 200 and 2 on the crj 900

31 months ago

Hi Halle, do you work for skywest? If so can you tell me if it is possible to get chicago out of training? Does sky west just have those 2 different jets to work on? Thanks

todd owens in Louisville, Kentucky

31 months ago

Whitney in San Antonio, Texas said: I'm going to October training! Anyone else?!

How was training?

OCFA in Orange County, California

31 months ago

future FA in Los Angeles, California said: Right now, I am planning on it. Aren't they conducting an interview in Chicago the following week that would be closer to you? Let's keep in touch and maybe we can meet that morning and do coffee before we go in?

Hey FutureFA!
I applied for the FA position and will be attending the LA open house next month! any way we could meet up before because as I am new I want to make sure I have enough experience for the job. Went to 1 interview with UA and didnt get the offer. Please email me @ adorno.chris@yahoo.com

31 months ago

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York said: Hey future fa,

Hey Middle of March! Whats your name? My name is Chris Adorno I am attending the flight attendant interview in Jan in LA. Can you e-mail me because I have some questions regarding my second chance @ a interview? Its adorno.chris@yahoo.com
Thank You

31 months ago

OCFA in Orange County, California said: Hey Middle of March! Whats your name? My name is Chris Adorno I am attending the flight attendant interview in Jan in LA. Can you e-mail me because I have some questions regarding my second chance @ a interview? Its adorno.chris@yahoo.com
Thank You

Hi Chris,

This will be my first interview with Skywest too. So I'm coming in brand new just like you. Sorry.

31 months ago

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Chris,

This will be my first interview with Skywest too. So I'm coming in brand new just like you. Sorry.

ok no worries! what time will you be at the interview? maybe meet a few minutes before so they can see were talking to eachother? I think they want to see talkative people!!!!

31 months ago

OCFA in Orange County, California said: ok no worries! what time will you be at the interview? maybe meet a few minutes before so they can see were talking to eachother? I think they want to see talkative people!!!!

I'll be there around 8. I'll e-mail you in a few from my gmail account.

31 months ago

Hello everyone, I will be in the LA interview in January.

LiferFA in Humble, Texas

31 months ago

Anyone going to MSP on December 20th?

FlightGirl

31 months ago

OCFA in Orange County, California said: ok no worries! what time will you be at the interview? maybe meet a few minutes before so they can see were talking to eachother? I think they want to see talkative people!!!!

I'm going to the LA OH as well! I'm super excited!! It'll be my first one w/ Skywest.

Page:  « First « Previous   111  112  113  114  115  116  117  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.