SKYWEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5651 to 5700 of 7287)
Page:  « First « Previous   111  112  113  114  115  116  117  Next »   Last »

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

Girl said: November class was all assigned MSP or DEN

Wow!! That's two cold airports. LOL! I'm sure they were happy nevertheless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington

16 months ago

It looks as thou they do have an interview this month,, or am i wrong?? Everyone said they didnt have anymore interviews, but i see one for the end of dec??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington said: It looks as thou they do have an interview this month,, or am i wrong?? Everyone said they didnt have anymore interviews, but i see one for the end of dec??

Are you sure that it wasn't for a "Training" class and not an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bond girl in Salt Lake City, Utah

16 months ago

Hey everyone. I was in the October training. There are a few open house interviews already scheduled and I think the first one starts December 20th in Minneapolis. Go on to skywest.com/careers and fill out the application. They should be posting more information about the open houses soon. I hope everyone applies. You'll LOVE working for SkyWest. I've only been here a couple months and I LOVE the company and the exciting and rewarding job!!! :-) Good luck!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington said: It looks as thou they do have an interview this month,, or am i wrong?? Everyone said they didnt have anymore interviews, but i see one for the end of dec??

Oop's my bad, I'm in California so maybe there is a Dec. interview in another state. Sorry!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

bond girl in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hey everyone. I was in the October training. There are a few open house interviews already scheduled and I think the first one starts December 20th in Minneapolis. Go on to skywest.com/careers and fill out the application. They should be posting more information about the open houses soon. I hope everyone applies. You'll LOVE working for SkyWest. I've only been here a couple months and I LOVE the company and the exciting and rewarding job!!! :-) Good luck!!!!

Hey Bond Girl, can you share your interview and training experience w/ us future Skywest FA hopefuls? Thanks and congrats to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bond girl in Salt Lake City, Utah

16 months ago

Actually, it looks like they have already posted all of the open houses. Here is the link:

www.skywest.com/skywest-airline-jobs/career-guides/flight-attendant-jobs/#/flight-attendant-interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington

16 months ago

LOCATION ADDRESS DATE TIME NOTES
Minneapolis - Crowne Plaza Airport 3 Appletree Square
Minneapolis, MN 55425  December 20, 2012 10:00 am
Interviews start promptly at 10:00 am.  Check in will be available from 8:30 am to 10:00 am

San Jose - Hyatt Place 282 Almaden Blvd
San Jose, CA 95113  January 09, 2013 10:00 am
Interviews start promptly at 10:00 am.  Check in will be available from 8:30 am to 10:00 am

Los Angeles - Doubletree LA Westside 6161 West Centinela Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90230  January 16, 2013 10:00 am
Interviews start promptly at 10:00 am.  Check in will be available from 8:30 am to 10:00 am

Chicago - Hyatt Regency O’Hare 9300 Bryn Mawr Avenue
Chicago, IL 60018  January 31, 2013 10:00 am
Interviews start promptly at 10:00 am.  Check in will be available from 8:30 am to 10:00 am

Denver - Holiday INN Stapleton 3333 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80207  February 06, 2013 10:00 am
Interviews start promptly at 10:00 am.  Check in will be available from 8:30 am to 10:00 am

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington

16 months ago

I will be going to the one in San jose,, if anyone else is going and have to rent a hotel room,, let me know,, I'll be there!! And would love to have a friend!!! ;) thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

elvisfan in Carol Stream, Illinois

16 months ago

does anyone know if chicago is considered a junior base for skywest? Also when working for skywest do you work both as a solo flight attendant and with another flight attendant? Does skywest do water training? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alycat985 in Elk Grove, California

16 months ago

ExcitedToFly in Los Angeles, California said: 1 year: $21.30
2 yrs: $22.49
3 yrs: $23.58
4 yrs: $25.73
(The pattern is the pay increases 1% per year)
5 yrs........... (Not going to list them all)
10 yrs: $31.52
15 yrs: $36.57
20 yrs: $40.13
(Pay increases stop at 20 yrs)

Can I ask where you got these numbers? I noticed their website lists the starting pay at $17.50 per hour with a guarantee of 62.5 hrs per month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Alycat985 in Elk Grove, California said: Can I ask where you got these numbers? I noticed their website lists the starting pay at $17.50 per hour with a guarantee of 62.5 hrs per month.

I'm a recent new hire, been working a few months and I got the information from the current Crew Policy Handbook.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

elvisfan in Carol Stream, Illinois said: does anyone know if chicago is considered a junior base for skywest? Also when working for skywest do you work both as a solo flight attendant and with another flight attendant? Does skywest do water training? Thanks

Chicago is more junior than others, I believe MSP and SFO are also junior. And yes, you work on aircraft that require either one flight attendant or two. As of right now, Skywest does not do training in the water but discusses water evacuation procedures during class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California said: I'm a recent new hire, been working a few months and I got the information from the current Crew Policy Handbook.

Hi there Eccitedtofly...can you share your interview and training experience's with us FA hopefuls? Thank you and congratulations to you in getting those wings! Do you mind me asking how old you are?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

elvisfan in Wheaton, Illinois

16 months ago

Thanks for answering my questions. How long do you need to be on reserve here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

elvisfan in Wheaton, Illinois said: Thanks for answering my questions. How long do you need to be on reserve here?

There's not a time frame for "how long"....it's usually the most senior 80% are line holders and the most junior 20% are reserves (these can change depending on whether that particular domicile is over/under staffed). Some people got lines after only a month and others wait years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

future FA in Los Angeles, California said: Hi there Eccitedtofly...can you share your interview and training experience's with us FA hopefuls? Thank you and congratulations to you in getting those wings! Do you mind me asking how old you are?

I prefer not to share person information bc I'd like to stay completely anonymous on this website for work purposes. But the age ranges in the last few classes has been age 21 to people in their 60's. Everyone's training experiences were SOOO different! Some found it extremely difficult while others found it very easy. Some found it to be fun to be away in a paid hotel while others were miserable being away from family. As for me, I thoroughly enjoyed training. Made some life long friends and stayed focused throughout training on what the instructors want us to know and stayed on point from what they expected from us. I didn't cause problems & stayed quiet and focused during class. I got along with everyone and made the best of being away from home. As for the interview, it was a long day but well worth it! I didn't excessively prepare for the interview, I just answered their questions honestly :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

elvisfan in Hanover Park, Illinois

16 months ago

is it hard to work as the only flight attendant on a plane. Do any of the bases just have flights with 2 flight attendants on them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

elvisfan in Hanover Park, Illinois

16 months ago

also if you are based in chicago do you mostly fly as united express or would u do flying for delta as well? Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California said: I prefer not to share person information bc I'd like to stay completely anonymous on this website for work purposes. But the age ranges in the last few classes has been age 21 to people in their 60's. Everyone's training experiences were SOOO different! Some found it extremely difficult while others found it very easy. Some found it to be fun to be away in a paid hotel while others were miserable being away from family. As for me, I thoroughly enjoyed training. Made some life long friends and stayed focused throughout training on what the instructors want us to know and stayed on point from what they expected from us. I didn't cause problems & stayed quiet and focused during class. I got along with everyone and made the best of being away from home. As for the interview, it was a long day but well worth it! I didn't excessively prepare for the interview, I just answered their questions honestly :)

No problem, I understand. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bond girl in Salt Lake City, Utah

16 months ago

Alycat985 in Elk Grove, California said: Can I ask where you got these numbers? I noticed their website lists the starting pay at $17.50 per hour with a guarantee of 62.5 hrs per month.

Hey Alycat, just go off of what the SkyWest website say. ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Alycat985 in Elk Grove, California said: Can I ask where you got these numbers? I noticed their website lists the starting pay at $17.50 per hour with a guarantee of 62.5 hrs per month.

And to add to that, you are correct about starting pay is $17.50. You get paid that from 0-6 months, at the 6 month mark the pay is $20.88 and you get paid that until you reach the 1year mark, after one year it is $21.30 then so on down the list :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Excitedtofly in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

ORD is a United hub so I'm assuming most of the flying would be United. The base I'm at is a United Hub and I mostly fly United but still occasionally get Delta flights, just not as many.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

elvisfan in Hanover Park, Illinois

16 months ago

Thanks for the info. Do you do water training here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington said: I will be going to the one in San jose,, if anyone else is going and have to rent a hotel room,, let me know,, I'll be there!! And would love to have a friend!!! ;) thanks!!

Will you let us know how the interview process goes when you get done and how you did? Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lacey in Cheyenne, Wyoming

16 months ago

I am also in the January 3rd training!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Lacey in Cheyenne, Wyoming said: I am also in the January 3rd training!

Is it possible for you to share the interview process w/ us future interviewees? Thank you for any info. Have fun in training and Congrats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lacey in Cheyenne, Wyoming

16 months ago

future FA in Los Angeles, California said: Is it possible for you to share the interview process w/ us future interviewees? Thank you for any info. Have fun in training and Congrats!

Be sure to wear business casual. The line to get into the interview at MSP was an hour long. Be confident in public speaking and they do watch you the whole time. So don't check your cell phone will they are talking about the company. They seem to like people who communicated well. Be patient as it does take a long time. We had roughly 400 people I believe at our OH. Just like any interview, I would practice interview questions. You can google some good ones, but it was really friendly so don't be too nervous. Obviously, research the company and know the name of the company. We had people confuse it with Southwest. They narrow down the group before doing one-on-ones. I know people had to go first for their one on ones because their flights out were within an hour. It ran from 8 am to 7 pm for some interviews. So make sure you plan the latest flight if your going to fly in for an interview. I wish I would have asked more questions because I have 100's more before I go to training and take notes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ualfliers in Bakersfield, California

16 months ago

Lacey, if you'd like to email off this forum about our upcoming training, I can be reached at blessedtimes5@gmail.com. Looking forward to meeting you:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Monterey Park, California

16 months ago

Lacey in Cheyenne, Wyoming said: Be sure to wear business casual. The line to get into the interview at MSP was an hour long. Be confident in public speaking and they do watch you the whole time. So don't check your cell phone will they are talking about the company. They seem to like people who communicated well. Be patient as it does take a long time. We had roughly 400 people I believe at our OH. Just like any interview, I would practice interview questions. You can google some good ones, but it was really friendly so don't be too nervous. Obviously, research the company and know the name of the company. We had people confuse it with Southwest. They narrow down the group before doing one-on-ones. I know people had to go first for their one on ones because their flights out were within an hour. It ran from 8 am to 7 pm for some interviews. So make sure you plan the latest flight if your going to fly in for an interview. I wish I would have asked more questions because I have 100's more before I go to training and take notes!

Lacey, thank you for this info. Can you explain how they narrow it down for the one on one interviews? I just had an interview w/ United and we only had 100 in our group but 400 is alot to weed thru. We all had one on ones tho. Thank you again and congrats!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LiferFA in Humble, Texas

16 months ago

Hi does anyone know if Skywest would consider hiring a pre-merger ExpressJet Flight Attendant that's not rehirable at ExpressJet just for sick calls? I was very traumatized and depressed after the death of both my parents and my doctors never filled out my FMLA paperwork despite everyday persistence. I am currently working at mainline United in a non-flying position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

I Just got an e-mailed from Skywest telling me the dates, and where the next group interview will be located at. I'm going to see if I can book it for January 16th in Los Angeles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chicubs in Bartlett, Illinois

16 months ago

I also got the email about the interview. Is this a good company to work for. I heard it is the biggest and best regional to work for wondering if that is true? Is it true hundreds of people line up early to get to the interview. So if check in is at 8 30 is 8 early enough to make it in. Anyone know what the interview process is like here? Hope it is different than uniteds. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jonesskydn@aol.com in Monument, Colorado

16 months ago

Hi Bond Girl Congrats on your training I'm sure you are having a blast and glad you got through the training, my question is this I see they have 5 open house interviews scheduled coming up the next couple of months, my thought is to go to 1 of the 2 in California but I live in Colorado Springs but I'm concerned if they get enough people hired in the 1st 3-4 interviews would they cancel the Denver interview I have heard along time ago of airlines doing that and the airline industry can be unpredictable. I'm a previous FA and desperately want to get back in & what are the chances of getting based in Colorado Or California right out of training Thanks Fly4u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Letsfly in San Diego, California

16 months ago

Anyone attending the Los Angeles Open House? Also what are the chances of getting based in California?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Letsfly in San Diego, California said: Anyone attending the Los Angeles Open House? Also what are the chances of getting based in California?

Good question???? I am also planning on attending the LA Open House and would love to hear from all who have gone thru their interviews and their experiences. AND thank you to those who have already shared!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Letsfly in San Diego, California

16 months ago

future FA in Los Angeles, California said: Good question???? I am also planning on attending the LA Open House and would love to hear from all who have gone thru their interviews and their experiences. AND thank you to those who have already shared!!!

Do you have any F/A experience? I cant wait for the Open House.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Letsfly in San Diego, California said: Do you have any F/A experience? I cant wait for the Open House.

No I don't. I'm almost 52 and just had my first professional interview w/ United a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I never made it past my first of 3 interviews. It was a great experience tho. How about you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jonesskydn@aol.com in Monument, Colorado

16 months ago

I have worked for 3 airlines last 2 were commercial & 1 was contract airline loved every day I spent in the business, I have been to many open house interviews and most of the advice I have seen posted is very good & pretty accurate and they are usually pretty full. first thing I would consider when getting into this business is be ready to not get your 1st choice of base and be will to relocate and understand it's not a job it's a career & a lifestyle change it can be stressful at times but I found that you either love it or hate if you love you'll never want to do anything else. We F/A's & pilots too have a saying we got jet fuel in our veins those are the ones that can't get out of the business. and for the most part it can take some people a good 6 months to a year to make that decision fairly wish you all luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

future FA in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

jonesskydn@aol.com in Monument, Colorado said: I have worked for 3 airlines last 2 were commercial & 1 was contract airline loved every day I spent in the business, I have been to many open house interviews and most of the advice I have seen posted is very good & pretty accurate and they are usually pretty full. first thing I would consider when getting into this business is be ready to not get your 1st choice of base and be will to relocate and understand it's not a job it's a career & a lifestyle change it can be stressful at times but I found that you either love it or hate if you love you'll never want to do anything else. We F/A's & pilots too have a saying we got jet fuel in our veins those are the ones that can't get out of the business. and for the most part it can take some people a good 6 months to a year to make that decision fairly wish you all luck.

Thank you for the response jonesskydn....I just wish it were easier to get in. The competition is fierce but I know I can do it. Thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GirlFly2012 in Atlanta, Georgia

16 months ago

Hey, everyone!! I wanted to ask some of you who has already started with Sky with is it possible to commute?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GirlFly2012 in Atlanta, Georgia

16 months ago

sorry for typo that's Skywest not sky with!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Anybody else attending the group interview next month in Los Angeles?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

future fa in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York said: Anybody else attending the group interview next month in Los Angeles?

I was thinking about it.......and you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

future fa in Los Angeles, California said: I was thinking about it.......and you?

Yes. I'm going to try to make it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

future fa in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

middleofmarch in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes. I'm going to try to make it.

Good, keep me posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chicubs in Wheaton, Illinois

16 months ago

can anyone share what the group interview process is like with skywest?can a current skywest flight attendant let me know if it possible to get chicago ord out of training? Is chicago considered a junior or senior base for them? Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyFitch in Denver, Colorado

16 months ago

I have read in previous posts on here that SkyWest does not prefer people to have previous FA experience. I am currently a flight attendant at another airline, but was going to interview with SkyWest, but am worried I will be looked over since I have already been a flight attendant.

Is there anyone on here that has been successful with SkyWest, and has already had FA experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ualfliers in Bakersfield, California

16 months ago

I don't believe that to be true. I have 13 years previous exp. and am going to training in January.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eddy in Fayetteville, North Carolina

16 months ago

im too tall for this company :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   111  112  113  114  115  116  117  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.