SKYWEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5751 to 5800 of 8334)
Page:  « First « Previous   113  114  115  116  117  118  119  Next »   Last »

wapiti in Wheaton, Illinois

21 months ago

Just wondering how the openhouse/interview process went today for people attending the skywest flight attendant session? Did they happen to mention what the junior bases are? Or did they say where they might sent new hires? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Skydreams in Minneapolis, Minnesota

21 months ago

At the MSP open house today we were split up into a few rooms, in my room there were about 25 people, so maybe 75-100 showed up total. Not as many as they expected I think because all of us received a one on one interview after the initial Skywest flight attendant introduction from a recruiter and a 60 second intro speech from each candidate. There were a lot of excellent potential flight attendants in my group and numerous people with previous flight attendant experience. So I was immediately intimidated, but held strong! The one on one was very comfortable and my recruiter was amazing. Thy said we will receive a response in 5-7 days. Also, training is to start early January, so they are looking to move pretty quickly it seems. Hope that helps!

21 months ago

Also.. I asked during my one on one where flight attendants are currently needed the most and he said Minneapolis, San Francisco, LA, Chicago and Denver, but that needs are always changing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

wapiti in Wheaton, Illinois

21 months ago

Thanks skydreams I am gonna attend the event in chicago in late jan. I was just wondering what it was like. Sounds like it went well for you. Did they sound like a good company to work for...I have heard nothing but good stuff about them. Are you able to choose from one of those bases? Do you know if chicago is a junior base. I guess you would like to stay home in minnesota. Is that a new base? Have a great new year

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

21 months ago

FA*LB in Los Angeles, California said: Is anyone going to the MSP (Minneapolis/St Paul) Open House looking to save some money and share a room? I'm flying from LAX, that ticket is expensive enough!

Why are you flying to msp, they have a open house on jan 16 in lax, thats crazy spending all that money. I think I will be using a buddy pass from a friend to go to lax. I dont want to spend the money but think it would be a great investment. I have flown on some of these crj's that they are flying and they are not to bad. some have two flight attendants and some do not it breaks it up so you have to work either way. I have a friend that works there and has been there for 12 yrs so that should tell you something..rh

wapiti in Des Plaines, Illinois

21 months ago

Hi FA in arizona, since you mentioned that you have a friend that works there would you happen to know what the chances of getting chicago out of training are? Would she also know if you do not get it how long would it take to tranfer there? Lastly,is it hard to work as the only FA on a aircraft? Thanks for any info you can share!

OCFA in Orange County, California

21 months ago

Hi Sky West Applicants,
My Name is Chris I am 25 years old wanting to be a sky west flight attendant! I already had one prior interview with United last year and of course was sadly denied :( I will be attending the OH interview in Los Angeles on the 16th. I have world class customer service and have a HS diploma and nothing but them. Will that be a issue for the interview? I just want to be able to move out live on my own and have a great career job working for the Best Regional Airline Ever!!!! I am not satisfied with my job now cuz its not that many hours. Can someone please email me and let me know if I will pass the interview? Its adorno.chris@yahoo.com. Thanks

21 months ago

Or just reply back on here. I just wanted to be sure I am not wasting my time or anything like that. Also im 100% straight will that be a problem? Please help me out asap!

future FA in Los Angeles, California

21 months ago

OCFA in Orange County, California said: Or just reply back on here. I just wanted to be sure I am not wasting my time or anything like that. Also im 100% straight will that be a problem? Please help me out asap!

I say follow your dream and GO FOR IT!! I'd apply with a few different airlines and use each interview to learn and grow from each one. It's a great experience and you meet great people. Good luck in this wonderful journey...and yes, it's me Chris!

21 months ago

Great! I can start off small and work my way to a big time airline yes?

21 months ago

and thanks for the reply happy holidays!!! every time I fly somewhere I always chat up the flight attendants and told my self this is my life long dream!!! sports announcer is my other dream!

21 months ago

it fits my personality hahahah!!!!!!

PR Traveler in New York, New York

21 months ago

OCFA in Orange County, California said: Hi Sky West Applicants,
My Name is Chris I am 25 years old wanting to be a sky west flight attendant! I already had one prior interview with United last year and of course was sadly denied :( I will be attending the OH interview in Los Angeles on the 16th. I have world class customer service and have a HS diploma and nothing but them. Will that be a issue for the interview? I just want to be able to move out live on my own and have a great career job working for the Best Regional Airline Ever!!!! I am not satisfied with my job now cuz its not that many hours. Can someone please email me and let me know if I will pass the interview? Its adorno.chris@yahoo.com. Thanks

Hello Chris!!! I went to United interview and wa srejected after second round!! If thats your dream FOLLOW it and Im sure somebody will open you the door!!!! I just got invite to training with another carrier! Email me if you have any questions!prtravelerfa@gmail.com

FA*LB in Sherman Oaks, California

21 months ago

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona said: Why are you flying to msp, they have a open house on jan 16 in lax, thats crazy spending all that money. I think I will be using a buddy pass from a friend to go to lax. I dont want to spend the money but think it would be a great investment . I have flown on some of these crj's that they are flying and they are not to bad. some have two flight attendants and some do not it breaks it up so you have to work either way. I have a friend that works there and has been there for 12 yrs so that should tell you something..rh

Hi fa4ever!

I was going to go all the way to MSP to hopefully be at the head of seniority if I was chosen, just advice from a current Skywest FA. But I had a buddy pass, didn't end up using it as the flights were so full I was scared I'd get stuck there! So ill be heading to the LA open house instead. :)

JustBreathe in Forked River, New Jersey

21 months ago

I'm sorry, but what do you mean? Just because you attend an open house in one city does not mean you will be based out of there.

JustBreathe in Forked River, New Jersey

21 months ago

Or do you mean if you were hired in MSP you would have seniority over people hired at other open houses? Ok...think I got you now.

alcan004

21 months ago

Good luck everyone! I'll be attending the January 17th training!!

21 months ago

alcan004 said: Good luck everyone! I'll be attending the January 17th training!!

Congrats! I got invited to training on January 17th as well and couldn't be more excited!! Are you a previous FA? I am not, so this will be a whole new (amazing) world to me.

21 months ago

Hey Guys!!!!!
I am excited about the interview coming up on the 16th!!!! Obviously im completely bored so I'm making a post. I will be wearing a black suit and pants with a white shirt and tie. Good enough? also I will be walking in showing them how pumped I am to be there!!!! every day I think about this. I'm hoping this opportunity will keep me from being bored. I don't have a girlfriend so I have ALOT of free time. Any advice would be awesome!!!!!

LiferFA in Humble, Texas

21 months ago

alcan004 said: Good luck everyone! I'll be attending the January 17th training!!

Hey which room were you in? I'm going to training also and I'm trying to figure out who you are :)

LiferFA in Humble, Texas

21 months ago

Skydreams in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Congrats! I got invited to training on January 17th as well and couldn't be more excited!! Are you a previous FA? I am not, so this will be a whole new (amazing) world to me.

Hey Skydreams! I'm going also! I'm trying to reconnect with everybody before training... I'm soooo excited! I even put a countdown on my phone hehe :)

21 months ago

LiferFA in Humble, Texas said: Hey Skydreams! I'm going also! I'm trying to reconnect with everybody before training... I'm soooo excited! I even put a countdown on my phone hehe :)

Hey Guys!!!!!
I am excited about the interview coming up on the 16th!!!! Obviously im completely bored so I'm making a post. I will be wearing a black suit and pants with a white shirt and tie. Good enough? also I will be walking in showing them how pumped I am to be there!!!! every day I think about this. I'm hoping this opportunity will keep me from being bored. I don't have a girlfriend so I have ALOT of free time. Any advice would be awesome!!!!!

21 months ago

Hey Guys!!!!!

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah

21 months ago

I was in the Minasota interview Dec 20th also. I have not recieved anyemail yet and now its the weekend and im going to go crazy waiting. My status on my application reads "Conditional Offer" I'm wondering if this is a good sign? Those who have gotten their job offer what is your status? why have I not been contacted yet?

sungirl in Largo, Florida

21 months ago

Can any skywest attendant tell me what are the chances of getting chicago ohare as a base out of training? Also would you know if it is not available how long would it take to transfer there? Which skywest base is the most junior? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California

21 months ago

Hey there everyone! I am new to this forum and have recently applied to Delta as well, I am in the process of waiting to hear back from them for the f2f in Alanta but also plan to go to the Skywest open interview in LA on the 16th. For those that have already gone to the open interview for Skywest what types of questions did they ask?

21 months ago

krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California said: Hey there everyone! I am new to this forum and have recently applied to Delta as well, I am in the process of waiting to hear back from them for the f2f in Alanta but also plan to go to the Skywest open interview in LA on the 16th. For those that have already gone to the open interview for Skywest what types of questions did they ask?

Hey Krystel
Just got my post response from you over on the Delta Section. I really appreciated you took the time to respond to my post. As you can tell I am really excited for delta to call me for the phone interview? How old are you? I'm only 25 so I dont have ALOT of customer service but I do have 4 years from the grocery store. I will be attending the interview in LA for skywest. Any chance I could email you so we could chat about the interview. I need to make sure were both prepared!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California

21 months ago

OCFA in Orange County, California said: Hey Krystel
Just got my post response from you over on the Delta Section. I really appreciated you took the time to respond to my post. As you can tell I am really excited for delta to call me for the phone interview? How old are you? I'm only 25 so I dont have ALOT of customer service but I do have 4 years from the grocery store. I will be attending the interview in LA for skywest. Any chance I could email you so we could chat about the interview. I need to make sure were both prepared!!!!

No problem! I am also really excited as well :) I am 26 years old and have a fair amount of customer service experience. I have been working mostly in Administrative positions in the last 7 years or so but I still feel that with that I have a strong customer service background as a administrative assistant/ manager of a small logistics company in the past. I am also one semester away from obtaining my A.S degree in Business Adminstration and transfering to CAL State LA to obtain my Bachelor's degree in business. You can feel free to email me my name on here at yahoo.com :)

Bird in Fresno, California

21 months ago

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington said: I will be going to the one in San jose,, if anyone else is going and have to rent a hotel room,, let me know,, I'll be there!! And would love to have a friend!!! ;) thanks!!

Hwy Jasmine, You're the only one I've seen going to San Jose on the 9th. I'll be there too! Still figuring out my hotel situation if need be. Its a 3 hour drive from where I live. I worked for Skywest as a CS agent but my station closed in August. Hoping to get back on the team with Inflight. =] Feel free to contact me, we can hang out in San Jose!

alcan004 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

21 months ago

Skydreams in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Congrats! I got invited to training on January 17th as well and couldn't be more excited!! Are you a previous FA? I am not, so this will be a whole new (amazing) world to me.

Yay! What a nice way to bring in the new year. I am not a previous FA so I'm excited for this new adventure. :) I wonder how many people they selected from the MSP interview!

21 months ago

LiferFA in Humble, Texas said: Hey Skydreams! I'm going also! I'm trying to reconnect with everybody before training... I'm soooo excited! I even put a countdown on my phone hehe :)

Congratulations, LiferFA! Were you at the MSP interview too? :) I was in room 1

ualfliers in Bakersfield, California

21 months ago

alcan004 in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: Congratulations, LiferFA! Were you at the MSP interview too? :) I was in room 1

Wow! I've been waiting since July fo a training class. How many were at that open house?

21 months ago

I believe there were about 75 people in the interview

LiferFA in Humble, Texas

21 months ago

alcan004 in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: Congratulations, LiferFA! Were you at the MSP interview too? :) I was in room 1

Yep I was there! You were in room 1 from the left or the one on the end on the right??

CallieFA in California

21 months ago

hey you guys that got the email what does your application status say? I was in room 1 also and have not heard from them yet :(

21 months ago

CallieFA in California said: hey you guys that got the email what does your application status say? I was in room 1 also and have not heard from them yet :(

You would get a phone call if you got hired, and a email if they did not choose you. If your status says "conditional offer" that is a good sign, otherwise it would say "not selected at this time"... They could be running into things with a background check that take a longer time, I would contact Inflight HR and get it sorted. Let us know how it goes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alcan004

21 months ago

ualfliers in Bakersfield, California said: Wow! I've been waiting since July fo a training class. How many were at that open house?

There were maybe 100? And wow, July?! That calls for a lot of patience!

alcan004

21 months ago

LiferFA in Humble, Texas said: Yep I was there! You were in room 1 from the left or the one on the end on the right??

I was on the far left. How about you?

CallieFA in California

21 months ago

Hey bird, I missed a call at 9 am, restricted. Could that of been it? Will they call again?did anyone miss there first call from them, Should I call HR? (I'm a nervouse reck can you tell)

Halle45 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

21 months ago

CallieFA in California said: Hey bird, I missed a call at 9 am, restricted. Could that of been it? Will they call again?did anyone miss there first call from them, Should I call HR? (I'm a nervouse reck can you tell)

If they call they will leave a message,they just don't hang up

skydreams in Minneapolis, Minnesota

21 months ago

Hello all! When I received notice about their decision it was via email, I never received a phone call or missed call from an unfamiliar number, just fyi for those waiting! Keep your hopes up!! Also, my status changed to "conditional offer" Thursday afternoon and I didn't receive the email invite from them until around 11pm that evening.

I was in the room on the far right, anyone else?!

21 months ago

I have a tricky situation at hand I could use insight. I worked CS for skywest in the past. When my station closed I was informed inflight was opening for employee only interviews, when I attended the open house there were only 6 of us. Nailed the interview, they wanted me, called my station manager and she did not give me a favorable review. She only told them of how many attendance points I accrued in my 15 months. She did not share with them my very positive 6 month and 1 year eval from my direct sups. I was not offered to transfer due to that. Going into my second try, should I bring it up (as I imagine they will ask if I had applied prior) and clear the air of it, or just hope they do not hold previous reasons against me? Does anyone know for sure if they will look into it and use that reason a second time? I think I'm going to discuss it if I get the one on one and just explain I do take my responsibilities seriously.... Help? =] Congrats to all who made it & a very happy new year to all!

Krystel_pr

21 months ago

Hello everyone, I have recently applied to skywest and would like to know what the hiring process is. I have submitted my online application and received the conformation email. I am going to be attending the open house on the 16th, can anyone tell me anything abput it? Also for your online status did it change before or after your in person interview?

CallieFA in Jersey City, New Jersey

21 months ago

Thankyou for your input, it makes me feel a little better. Hope I hear from them soon, I think january 3ed makes it 7 buisness days and that will be two weeks tell the class starts so I have tell then.

ChicagoHopeful in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

Krystel_pr said: Hello everyone, I have recently applied to skywest and would like to know what the hiring process is. I have submitted my online application and received the conformation email. I am going to be attending the open house on the 16th, can anyone tell me anything abput it? Also for your online status did it change before or after your in person interview?

I went to a SkyWest open house back in July. There are about 3-4 rooms of about 100 people each. You mingle for a bit after you sign in... They talk and explain SkyWest and what the benefits are, etc. You have to stand in front of the group and speak for about 60 seconds. From there they post a sheet outside the door stating who stays and who goes for the next portion of interviews and it breaks down from there.

Krystel_pr

21 months ago

ChicagoHopeful in Chicago, Illinois said: I went to a SkyWest open house back in July. There are about 3-4 rooms of about 100 people each. You mingle for a bit after you sign in... They talk and explain SkyWest and what the benefits are, etc. You have to stand in front of the group and speak for about 60 seconds. From there they post a sheet outside the door stating who stays and who goes for the next portion of interviews and it breaks down from there.

Thanks for the info :)

Krystel_pr

20 months ago

So does anyone know what types of interview questions they ask? Is it more based on flight attendant situations or your basic interview questions such as why do ypu want to work for us, what you will add to the company etc?

CallieFA

20 months ago

Krystel_pr said: So does anyone know what types of interview questions they ask? Is it more based on flight attendant situations or your basic interview questions such as why do ypu want to work for us, what you will add to the company etc?

I just went to one, my interviewer asked a scenario: ' if a mother refuses to buckle her child in before take off how would you handle it' answer: ' sympathize and tell the lady youknow how frustrating it can be to fly with a child but for yours and my saftey they need to buckled in, and we can not take off tell that happens' hope that helps a little

Krystel_pr

20 months ago

CallieFA said: I just went to one, my interviewer asked a scenario: ' if a mother refuses to buckle her child in before take off how would you handle it' answer: ' sympathize and tell the lady youknow how frustrating it can be to fly with a child but for yours and my saftey they need to buckled in, and we can not take off tell that happens' hope that helps a little

ok great, thank you! I am working on my interview answers and now I will study the flight attendant type of questions a bit more to be safe! :) I am really looking forward to the interview on the 16th!

20 months ago

Hey Krystel! have you been checking your e-mail? I was really hoping you would e-mail me back because I have been looking forward to you giving me tips for the interview! What kind of questions will they ask? Also, is it okay for me to meet you on the 16th and show them I am introducing myself to you and everyone? I got a lil nervous because I figured you got mad @ me :( sorry for any inconvinence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   113  114  115  116  117  118  119  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.