SKYWEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5751 to 5800 of 9090)
Page:  « First « Previous   113  114  115  116  117  118  119  Next »   Last »

Skydreams in Minneapolis, Minnesota

31 months ago

alcan004 said: Good luck everyone! I'll be attending the January 17th training!!

Congrats! I got invited to training on January 17th as well and couldn't be more excited!! Are you a previous FA? I am not, so this will be a whole new (amazing) world to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

OCFA in Orange County, California

31 months ago

Hey Guys!!!!!
I am excited about the interview coming up on the 16th!!!! Obviously im completely bored so I'm making a post. I will be wearing a black suit and pants with a white shirt and tie. Good enough? also I will be walking in showing them how pumped I am to be there!!!! every day I think about this. I'm hoping this opportunity will keep me from being bored. I don't have a girlfriend so I have ALOT of free time. Any advice would be awesome!!!!!

LiferFA in Humble, Texas

31 months ago

alcan004 said: Good luck everyone! I'll be attending the January 17th training!!

Hey which room were you in? I'm going to training also and I'm trying to figure out who you are :)

LiferFA in Humble, Texas

31 months ago

Skydreams in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Congrats! I got invited to training on January 17th as well and couldn't be more excited!! Are you a previous FA? I am not, so this will be a whole new (amazing) world to me.

Hey Skydreams! I'm going also! I'm trying to reconnect with everybody before training... I'm soooo excited! I even put a countdown on my phone hehe :)

31 months ago

LiferFA in Humble, Texas said: Hey Skydreams! I'm going also! I'm trying to reconnect with everybody before training... I'm soooo excited! I even put a countdown on my phone hehe :)

Hey Guys!!!!!
I am excited about the interview coming up on the 16th!!!! Obviously im completely bored so I'm making a post. I will be wearing a black suit and pants with a white shirt and tie. Good enough? also I will be walking in showing them how pumped I am to be there!!!! every day I think about this. I'm hoping this opportunity will keep me from being bored. I don't have a girlfriend so I have ALOT of free time. Any advice would be awesome!!!!!

31 months ago

Hey Guys!!!!!

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah

31 months ago

I was in the Minasota interview Dec 20th also. I have not recieved anyemail yet and now its the weekend and im going to go crazy waiting. My status on my application reads "Conditional Offer" I'm wondering if this is a good sign? Those who have gotten their job offer what is your status? why have I not been contacted yet?

sungirl in Largo, Florida

31 months ago

Can any skywest attendant tell me what are the chances of getting chicago ohare as a base out of training? Also would you know if it is not available how long would it take to transfer there? Which skywest base is the most junior? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California

31 months ago

Hey there everyone! I am new to this forum and have recently applied to Delta as well, I am in the process of waiting to hear back from them for the f2f in Alanta but also plan to go to the Skywest open interview in LA on the 16th. For those that have already gone to the open interview for Skywest what types of questions did they ask?

31 months ago

krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California said: Hey there everyone! I am new to this forum and have recently applied to Delta as well, I am in the process of waiting to hear back from them for the f2f in Alanta but also plan to go to the Skywest open interview in LA on the 16th. For those that have already gone to the open interview for Skywest what types of questions did they ask?

Hey Krystel
Just got my post response from you over on the Delta Section. I really appreciated you took the time to respond to my post. As you can tell I am really excited for delta to call me for the phone interview? How old are you? I'm only 25 so I dont have ALOT of customer service but I do have 4 years from the grocery store. I will be attending the interview in LA for skywest. Any chance I could email you so we could chat about the interview. I need to make sure were both prepared!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California

31 months ago

OCFA in Orange County, California said: Hey Krystel
Just got my post response from you over on the Delta Section. I really appreciated you took the time to respond to my post. As you can tell I am really excited for delta to call me for the phone interview? How old are you? I'm only 25 so I dont have ALOT of customer service but I do have 4 years from the grocery store. I will be attending the interview in LA for skywest. Any chance I could email you so we could chat about the interview. I need to make sure were both prepared!!!!

No problem! I am also really excited as well :) I am 26 years old and have a fair amount of customer service experience. I have been working mostly in Administrative positions in the last 7 years or so but I still feel that with that I have a strong customer service background as a administrative assistant/ manager of a small logistics company in the past. I am also one semester away from obtaining my A.S degree in Business Adminstration and transfering to CAL State LA to obtain my Bachelor's degree in business. You can feel free to email me my name on here at yahoo.com :)

Bird in Fresno, California

31 months ago

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington said: I will be going to the one in San jose,, if anyone else is going and have to rent a hotel room,, let me know,, I'll be there!! And would love to have a friend!!! ;) thanks!!

Hwy Jasmine, You're the only one I've seen going to San Jose on the 9th. I'll be there too! Still figuring out my hotel situation if need be. Its a 3 hour drive from where I live. I worked for Skywest as a CS agent but my station closed in August. Hoping to get back on the team with Inflight. =] Feel free to contact me, we can hang out in San Jose!

alcan004 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

31 months ago

Skydreams in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Congrats! I got invited to training on January 17th as well and couldn't be more excited!! Are you a previous FA? I am not, so this will be a whole new (amazing) world to me.

Yay! What a nice way to bring in the new year. I am not a previous FA so I'm excited for this new adventure. :) I wonder how many people they selected from the MSP interview!

31 months ago

LiferFA in Humble, Texas said: Hey Skydreams! I'm going also! I'm trying to reconnect with everybody before training... I'm soooo excited! I even put a countdown on my phone hehe :)

Congratulations, LiferFA! Were you at the MSP interview too? :) I was in room 1

ualfliers in Bakersfield, California

31 months ago

alcan004 in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: Congratulations, LiferFA! Were you at the MSP interview too? :) I was in room 1

Wow! I've been waiting since July fo a training class. How many were at that open house?

31 months ago

I believe there were about 75 people in the interview

LiferFA in Humble, Texas

31 months ago

alcan004 in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: Congratulations, LiferFA! Were you at the MSP interview too? :) I was in room 1

Yep I was there! You were in room 1 from the left or the one on the end on the right??

CallieFA in California

31 months ago

hey you guys that got the email what does your application status say? I was in room 1 also and have not heard from them yet :(

31 months ago

CallieFA in California said: hey you guys that got the email what does your application status say? I was in room 1 also and have not heard from them yet :(

You would get a phone call if you got hired, and a email if they did not choose you. If your status says "conditional offer" that is a good sign, otherwise it would say "not selected at this time"... They could be running into things with a background check that take a longer time, I would contact Inflight HR and get it sorted. Let us know how it goes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alcan004

31 months ago

ualfliers in Bakersfield, California said: Wow! I've been waiting since July fo a training class. How many were at that open house?

There were maybe 100? And wow, July?! That calls for a lot of patience!

alcan004

31 months ago

LiferFA in Humble, Texas said: Yep I was there! You were in room 1 from the left or the one on the end on the right??

I was on the far left. How about you?

CallieFA in California

31 months ago

Hey bird, I missed a call at 9 am, restricted. Could that of been it? Will they call again?did anyone miss there first call from them, Should I call HR? (I'm a nervouse reck can you tell)

Halle45 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

31 months ago

CallieFA in California said: Hey bird, I missed a call at 9 am, restricted. Could that of been it? Will they call again?did anyone miss there first call from them, Should I call HR? (I'm a nervouse reck can you tell)

If they call they will leave a message,they just don't hang up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

skydreams in Minneapolis, Minnesota

31 months ago

Hello all! When I received notice about their decision it was via email, I never received a phone call or missed call from an unfamiliar number, just fyi for those waiting! Keep your hopes up!! Also, my status changed to "conditional offer" Thursday afternoon and I didn't receive the email invite from them until around 11pm that evening.

I was in the room on the far right, anyone else?!

31 months ago

I have a tricky situation at hand I could use insight. I worked CS for skywest in the past. When my station closed I was informed inflight was opening for employee only interviews, when I attended the open house there were only 6 of us. Nailed the interview, they wanted me, called my station manager and she did not give me a favorable review. She only told them of how many attendance points I accrued in my 15 months. She did not share with them my very positive 6 month and 1 year eval from my direct sups. I was not offered to transfer due to that. Going into my second try, should I bring it up (as I imagine they will ask if I had applied prior) and clear the air of it, or just hope they do not hold previous reasons against me? Does anyone know for sure if they will look into it and use that reason a second time? I think I'm going to discuss it if I get the one on one and just explain I do take my responsibilities seriously.... Help? =] Congrats to all who made it & a very happy new year to all!

Krystel_pr

31 months ago

Hello everyone, I have recently applied to skywest and would like to know what the hiring process is. I have submitted my online application and received the conformation email. I am going to be attending the open house on the 16th, can anyone tell me anything abput it? Also for your online status did it change before or after your in person interview?

CallieFA in Jersey City, New Jersey

31 months ago

Thankyou for your input, it makes me feel a little better. Hope I hear from them soon, I think january 3ed makes it 7 buisness days and that will be two weeks tell the class starts so I have tell then.

ChicagoHopeful in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

Krystel_pr said: Hello everyone, I have recently applied to skywest and would like to know what the hiring process is. I have submitted my online application and received the conformation email. I am going to be attending the open house on the 16th, can anyone tell me anything abput it? Also for your online status did it change before or after your in person interview?

I went to a SkyWest open house back in July. There are about 3-4 rooms of about 100 people each. You mingle for a bit after you sign in... They talk and explain SkyWest and what the benefits are, etc. You have to stand in front of the group and speak for about 60 seconds. From there they post a sheet outside the door stating who stays and who goes for the next portion of interviews and it breaks down from there.

Krystel_pr

31 months ago

ChicagoHopeful in Chicago, Illinois said: I went to a SkyWest open house back in July. There are about 3-4 rooms of about 100 people each. You mingle for a bit after you sign in... They talk and explain SkyWest and what the benefits are, etc. You have to stand in front of the group and speak for about 60 seconds. From there they post a sheet outside the door stating who stays and who goes for the next portion of interviews and it breaks down from there.

Thanks for the info :)

Krystel_pr

31 months ago

So does anyone know what types of interview questions they ask? Is it more based on flight attendant situations or your basic interview questions such as why do ypu want to work for us, what you will add to the company etc?

CallieFA

31 months ago

Krystel_pr said: So does anyone know what types of interview questions they ask? Is it more based on flight attendant situations or your basic interview questions such as why do ypu want to work for us, what you will add to the company etc?

I just went to one, my interviewer asked a scenario: ' if a mother refuses to buckle her child in before take off how would you handle it' answer: ' sympathize and tell the lady youknow how frustrating it can be to fly with a child but for yours and my saftey they need to buckled in, and we can not take off tell that happens' hope that helps a little

Krystel_pr

31 months ago

CallieFA said: I just went to one, my interviewer asked a scenario: ' if a mother refuses to buckle her child in before take off how would you handle it' answer: ' sympathize and tell the lady youknow how frustrating it can be to fly with a child but for yours and my saftey they need to buckled in, and we can not take off tell that happens' hope that helps a little

ok great, thank you! I am working on my interview answers and now I will study the flight attendant type of questions a bit more to be safe! :) I am really looking forward to the interview on the 16th!

31 months ago

Hey Krystel! have you been checking your e-mail? I was really hoping you would e-mail me back because I have been looking forward to you giving me tips for the interview! What kind of questions will they ask? Also, is it okay for me to meet you on the 16th and show them I am introducing myself to you and everyone? I got a lil nervous because I figured you got mad @ me :( sorry for any inconvinence.

JustBreathe in Forked River, New Jersey

31 months ago

Hey guys, I am curious to know if anyone knows about the flight benefits with Skywest. Since they are partners with other airlines, does the opportunity to board an international flight ever occur?

CallieFA

31 months ago

Still waiting for my email. Is anyone else from dec 20ths interview still waiting on skywest to contact them?

Waiting in Vernal, Utah

31 months ago

How would I contact the hiring staff at skywest? Any body know a phone number or the best way to go about it?

Krystel_pr

31 months ago

Hello again everyone! I hace another question. I recently applied with skywest the end of last month and today I received an invitation to the group interview, it said you didn't need to have an invitation to attend but I was wondering if getying one is a good sign or if is just a standard email sent to all that applied? Thanks!

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah

31 months ago

Just wanted all to know i finally got my email! :) I got invited to training! So much more happy to be helpfull now. Krystel, it doesn't matter if you applied and got the email, they've had sent that to everyone that did apply. Mainly it means you can invite your friend along if you like but im sure they'll take into account that you've already applied. I remember them asking me if I had. So one less thing for them to worry about.

LiferFA in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah said: Just wanted all to know i finally got my email! :) I got invited to training! So much more happy to be helpfull now. Krystel, it doesn't matter if you applied and got the email, they've had sent that to everyone that did apply. Mainly it means you can invite your friend along if you like but im sure they'll take into account that you've already applied. I remember them asking me if I had. So one less thing for them to worry about.

That's great!! Will you be in the January 17th class??

sungirl in Largo, Florida

31 months ago

congrats on making it to training. I will be going to one of their open houses soon. Was the interview difficult. DI'd they happen to mention if the Chicago base is available after training. Thanks

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah

31 months ago

:) THANKS! I will be in the January 17th yes, Im so excited! Yea im all ears for how I can help anyone going to an interview, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. It was not dificult, you just had to smile from the heart and be confident. In your 1 min stand up don't rant on about yourself, be specific and clear and to the point. Some people really put me to sleep in mine. Where a watch, remember the interveiwers names and don't be picky about were you want to live say yes to all of it no matter.

sungirl in Ashburn, Virginia

31 months ago

okay thanks for info. In your intro is it best to just state name your occupation and why u want to be a flight attendant.we're there a lot of people there.how many showed up.is Chicago a junior base.

31 months ago

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah said: :) THANKS! I will be in the January 17th yes, Im so excited! Yea im all ears for how I can help anyone going to an interview, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. It was not dificult, you just had to smile from the heart and be confident. In your 1 min stand up don't rant on about yourself, be specific and clear and to the point. Some people really put me to sleep in mine. Where a watch, remember the interveiwers names and don't be picky about were you want to live say yes to all of it no matter.

Hey Callie! This is Chris going to the interview on the 16th! You attended the one in Minnesota right? How many applicants were there? I saw your post so I wanted to reply. Please shoot me a email to me it's adorno.chris@yahoo.com. I need some pointers 4 the interview. Will it help if I bring my passport? Just arrived today:) good luck in training let me know how it goes!!!

Krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California

31 months ago

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah said: :) THANKS! I will be in the January 17th yes, Im so excited! Yea im all ears for how I can help anyone going to an interview, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. It was not dificult, you just had to smile from the heart and be confident. In your 1 min stand up don't rant on about yourself, be specific and clear and to the point. Some people really put me to sleep in mine. Where a watch, remember the interveiwers names and don't be picky about were you want to live say yes to all of it no matter.

Thanks CallieFA :) and congrats on making it to training! I am sure it is going to be amazing and that your going to be a great FA. I am planing to go to the face of questions did they ask you on your one on one interview? Also for the group the only thing that I have found in situations like that is that the people that go last get to hear everything else that that the previous people say and kind of take what they say and use it as their own :/

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah

31 months ago

I know nothing of bases yet, There were only 75-100 ppl at my interview and i think its cuz it was around the holidays. Skywest acted suprised to see so little. So get ready for more then that. Chris, no reason for a passport, but at least you can honestly and say you have one. I was lucky with my one on one, I had Dontay interview me, way chill guy. I imagine it depends on who you get. They'll ask senario questions, they'll ask why you want to work for skywest. I acted like Dontay was my friend not a guy interviewing me. I complimented him, I joked a little.

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah

31 months ago

My hardest questions was what about my personality do I need to inprove? I don't want to tell him I let people walk all over me! So maybe have that one ready cuz that was aquard. Also what Im most worried of being a flight attendant. DONT SAY MISSING OUT ON HOLIDAYS OR MOVING SOMEWERE NEW, say that the piolet might not beable to get you to ground safely or something like that.

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah

31 months ago

Krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California said: Thanks CallieFA :) and congrats on making it to training! I am sure it is going to be amazing and that your going to be a great FA. I am planing to go to the face of questions did they ask you on your one on one interview? Also for the group the only thing that I have found in situations like that is that the people that go last get to hear everything else that that the previous people say and kind of take what they say and use it as their own :/

Thats what happened to me, I was second to last out of 35 ppl. I kinda learned what not to do watching them. I had something smart to say like "Its not about me, its about if im able to protect and serve the passengers of 2013" lol and My one on one the guy actually commented on that. But yea mainly don't drag on about your last five carears. Say the one job that makes you qualified for this job, and that your personality is good cuz this and this for flight attending and that your confident in yourself that you can do this job. Smile and be POLITE!

31 months ago

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah said: My hardest questions was what about my personality do I need to inprove? I don't want to tell him I let people walk all over me! So maybe have that one ready cuz that was aquard. Also what Im most worried of being a flight attendant. DONT SAY MISSING OUT ON HOLIDAYS OR MOVING SOMEWERE NEW, say that the piolet might not beable to get you to ground safely or something like that.

Ok thanks! Sounds like a pretty easy process I have one of the friendliest personalities so that should be no problem! How did you go about your 60 second intro? Mine has to be dead on perfect! We're the one on one questions difficult? Will they like that I bring my passport? I got it specifically to get the job! I want to work a lot and that's what fa's do! How did you answer the scenarios? Thanks 4 the response!

Krystel_pr

31 months ago

CallieFA in Vernal, Utah said: Thats what happened to me, I was second to last out of 35 ppl. I kinda learned what not to do watching them. I had something smart to say like "Its not about me, its about if im able to protect and serve the passengers of 2013" lol and My one on one the guy actually commented on that. But yea mainly don't drag on about your last five carears. Say the one job that makes you qualified for this job, and that your personality is good cuz this and this for flight attending and that your confident in yourself that you can do this job. Smile and be POLITE!

Thanks again :) I am really hoping it is a ghost town when I go to my group interview lol. Thanks for the info on the one to one questions, sounds like the typical interview questions :) now I am feeling a lot better now.

sungirl in Ashburn, Virginia

31 months ago

how long we're you at the interview is it a day long process.

Page:  « First « Previous   113  114  115  116  117  118  119  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.