SKYWEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1501 to 1550 of 8234)
Page:  « First « Previous   28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next »   Last »

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

61 months ago

Kathy,

Thankgod I got the announcement memorized, no they did not give any tips on memorizing the announcement. Best of Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ruby_Tuesday in Huntington Beach, California

61 months ago

i'm in the August 25th class as well. I am ready for this...its going to be quite a journey!

KathyC in Chandler, Arizona

61 months ago

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: Kathy,

Thankgod I got the announcement memorized, no they did not give any tips on memorizing the announcement. Best of Luck!

Thats great~! I wish you fun times! Keep us posted!

clipped wings in Woodstock, Illinois

61 months ago

KathyC..I am the index card queen...I broke announcement down into 5 paragraphs..and memorized individually..for 3rd paragraph I used acronym SHPD for "see" the exit..."Hear" instructions.."physically" open..."direct" others then..used acronym DCO for "distracted".."causing" harm .."obstructing" the exit... then...LOL..WCEO for 4th paragraph.. "water" bottles.."cell" phones...'Electronic" devices ..."other" items... Hope this helps..
As far as abbreviations & definitions..yes memorize..they will be the base for what you will add on to during 3 weeks of training..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

61 months ago

Kathy,

Thanks for the info!!!

Best of luck to all going for training!

61 months ago

clipped wings in Woodstock, Illinois said: KathyC..I am the index card queen...I broke announcement down into 5 paragraphs..and memorized individually..for 3rd paragraph I used acronym SHPD for "see" the exit..."Hear" instructions.."physically" open..."direct" others then..used acronym DCO for "distracted".."causing" harm .."obstructing" the exit... then...LOL..WCEO for 4th paragraph.. "water" bottles.."cell" phones...'Electronic" devices ..."other" items... Hope this helps..
As far as abbreviations & definitions..yes memorize..they will be the base for what you will add on to during 3 weeks of training..

OH MY GOSH! This is exactly what I am doing. I have everything on index cards, including the announcements!
At least I know now my mind is in the right direction!
Kathy C

ReadyforWings in Bend, Oregon

61 months ago

KathyC in Chandler, Arizona said: OH MY GOSH! This is exactly what I am doing. I have everything on index cards, including the announcements!
At least I know now my mind is in the right direction!
Kathy C

Me too! Index cards rock! By the way, I am Debbi also!

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

61 months ago

Can anyone tell me what will the correct answer be?
I think it's it's D

The following items can be used to conceal a tattoo that is visible on your hand.
A. Band Aid
B.Make-up
C.A tattoo on your hand is not permitted
D.None of the above

61 months ago

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: Can anyone tell me what will the correct answer be?
I think it's it's D

The following items can be used to conceal a tattoo that is visible on your hand.
A. Band Aid
B.Make-up
C.A tattoo on your hand is not permitted
D.None of the above

D. is what I have been going with.

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

61 months ago

Thanks! :-)

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

61 months ago

A pilot who is second in command of the aircraft
A.Captain
B.Flight engineer
C.Flight attendant
D.First officer

What will the answer be to this one A or D?
I have been going with D.

61 months ago

Hey MC~ all the answers are in your training packet..

:) happy studying.

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

61 months ago

Thanks!

61 months ago

its C. a tattoo is not permitted.

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

61 months ago

Thankyou!

61 months ago

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: Thankyou!

its a trick question but i think if you answer D...you still have may believe that tattoo is acceptable and it is NOT. According to the work packet, FAs can not have tattoo(s) or body art visible.

61 months ago

MC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: A pilot who is second in command of the aircraft
A.Captain
B.Flight engineer
C.Flight attendant
D.First officer

What will the answer be to this one A or D?
I have been going with D.

Again, I am going with D.

61 months ago

Ruby, you are right! C is right!

flygirl

61 months ago

Is this Ruby the libra in the blue suit from the 7/29 open house

61 months ago

flygirl said: Is this Ruby the libra in the blue suit from the 7/29 open house

no, i was in the July 13th OH.

Missy in Austin, Texas

61 months ago

Answer is first officer. Flight engineer is navigator, and is used on larger aircraft...At least, they used to use them, when configuration on flight deck had a third seat behind Captain and first officer.

jenn in Renton, Washington

61 months ago

Ladies,
After some research, I understand you all (accepted to training) were asked to get up and had 60 seconds to say why you would make a good flight attendant.
Was this in front of the 300 people that were there? Would any of you be so kind as to provide examples?
Any advice helpful and congrats to you that were asked to training!!!

It's Me! in Portland, Oregon

61 months ago

Yes, you do get up in front of everyone and introduce youself & this is THE time to promote YOU. It's actually fun. You'll be surprised how easy it really is to do. Everyone is in the same boat, and most are very supportive.

The best advice is "Be yourself!" You don't need or want to memorize what others said. (It's YOUR interview after all.) Be yourself. Be original. Honest and genuine goes a long ways, and is by far the best advice anyone can give you. Good luck!

chicagoflygirl in Boise, Idaho

61 months ago

Helpful in Park City, Utah said: No as a reserve you can't drop or pick up trips. As a line holder you can, but at the moment we are short staffed so it is impossible. When we have sufficient staffing it's pretty easy.. But if you need that flexibility it won't happen on reserve. it's a great job though if you can get through reserve

I'm going to have to correct this response. YES, you can pick up trips on RSV. As long as it's your OFF days and it doesn't interfer with the 7/24 hour rule.

Good Luck~RSV isn't bad at Skywest. I was on RSV for 1.5 years.

ORD Skywest FA

aburto26 in Farmington, Utah

61 months ago

does anyone know what the health insurance is like at skywest? is it good insurance? also does anyone know how much it costs a month typically for just me and my husband? thanks

clipped wings

61 months ago

As a matter of fact I just got it in the mail. Probably because I was originally in June 30th class. Anyways health plan has a few choices .. Definity health single 21.23 2party 41.19 bI weekly
Ppo single 54.81 2 party 112.46 bi weekly
ALl under united healthcare let me know if you have more questions I have all my skywest stuff out studying

61 months ago

oh thanks! that doesn't sound too bad--much better then the $400 a month i'm spending right now through my husbands work

little nut in Lawrence, Kansas

61 months ago

I was wanting to ask you guys about the health insurance. Do the plans differ because one covers differently than the other and is the dental included or how much is that also? THank you. Do you know if the Sept and Oct training classes are all they are holding this fall and what bases they might be looking at for coverage? Appreciate any help. If a person from out of state goes to interview and has plane to catch, do they try to get to some of those people first?

jeanettem in Issaquah, Washington

61 months ago

Hey Ivy - I'm going to the DEN open house. Email me if you are: jennmellor@gmail.com
Thanks!
Jen

61 months ago

you first have to get up in front of everyone and tel them why you'd be a good flight attendant--don't say what everyone else is saying such as i love to travel--just be original and try to make it different so you stand out. if you get chosen to go on then you'll get a f2f interview. there they go over your qualifications, and more of why you want to be a flight attendant. they will also give you scenerios of things that can happen if you were a flight attendant and how you'd handle it. then if they like you and you have the job they'll email you back telling you..thats how it was for me i went to the july 29th interview in salt lake and heard back about a week later hope this helps

61 months ago

I hope your "heard back" was an invite to training :)

ohmiyask in San Jose, California

61 months ago

hey ivy i'm going from san jose too!
we should plan together ^^*

61 months ago

yes sorry my "heard back" was an invite!

61 months ago

YAY - congrats to you! Are you going to the September class? I heard a rumor there was an October class as well. Know the scoop on that one?

61 months ago

yeah there is an october class is for october 20 and thats the one i'm going to!

61 months ago

Is that one full?

61 months ago

the sept one was full they told me and all that was available was the october one--so as far as i know its not full, but i could be wrong.

61 months ago

You've been a great source of information - thanks again for your help and congrats :)

LAtruebie in Atlanta, Georgia

61 months ago

Hi Ivy, I'm headed to the DEN OH too. I worked as a FA for SkyWest several years ago and hope to get back on with them. They are a wonderful company and everyone is very nice and supportive at the interview. If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to answer them. Good luck to everyone headed to training!

little nut in Lawrence, Kansas

61 months ago

LAtruebie, hope you do great in Denver. What was good and bad with working there and did you work as FA somewhere else, as well? Seems like they are very stable and consistent with their business, which is a good sign. I ahve a question, if a person flies in from out of state and they start with many, many people, do they try to see folks from out of state that may have to catch a plane, or what do you think regarding that ? Also, do you think the salary is enough to live on? Thank you.

61 months ago

LAtrubie - I'm going as well. Want to meet up somewhere before hand or are you a bit of a loner?
Promise I'm not a stalker :) I'm planning on dragging Ivy w/ us!
Jen

61 months ago

How awesome SkyWest is holding another open house, this one in Denver! Wonder if this means Denver is short. Hoping for SLC as a base. but will be happy no matter I end up! My training date has been changed from Sept class to Aug class! Yay! Studying, studying, studying! And working out! Want to be able to "fly" through the agility test!

61 months ago

Congrats on making it to training! I'm going to the OH in DEN.

skyprincess726 in Orem, Utah

61 months ago

aburto26 in Farmington, Utah said: yeah there is an october class is for october 20 and thats the one i'm going to!

I am in that class too!!! Woohoo!!

61 months ago

wahoo! finally someone who is in it. . so you live in orem?

skyprincess726 in Orem, Utah

61 months ago

aburto26 in Farmington, Utah said: wahoo! finally someone who is in it. . so you live in orem?

I do!! wonder if I saw you there?

61 months ago

little nut in Lawrence, Kansas said: LAtruebie, hope you do great in Denver. What was good and bad with working there and did you work as FA somewhere else, as well? Seems like they are very stable and consistent with their business, which is a good sign. I ahve a question, if a person flies in from out of state and they start with many, many people, do they try to see folks from out of state that may have to catch a plane, or what do you think regarding that ? Also, do you think the salary is enough to live on? Thank you.

Honestly I can't say very much negative about the company. Everyone I worked with on flights and in corporate was wonderful. They are a stable company and I believe one of the best regional airlines around. As far as the interviews go they don't look at who is from out of state or local. If your flying in for the interview you should probably plan on staying overnight because they can go late.

Ivy - When I interviewed we each had so much time to introduce ourselves to the group and tell why we thought we'd make an excellent FA. Afterward they had us all break. When we returned they had posted a list of who they would like to continue the process with. The questions were varied scenarios and why we wanted to be a FA. My best advice is be yourself.

Jen - That would be fun to meet up with you and Ivy at the OH. Let me know when you're flying into DEN.

61 months ago

LAtrubie - you've been a great source of information - thanks :)
email me and we'll keep in touch w/ our travel so perhaps we can meet up: jennmellor@gmail.com

61 months ago

Thanks Jenn. Keep me posted and I'll touch base with you before the OH.

Ornella in Tucson, Arizona

61 months ago

Is SkyWest going to have OH in Tucson? I see they have OH after OH in different bases.....Does anyone know?

Page:  « First « Previous   28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.