SKYWEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1951 to 2000 of 8083)
Page:  « First « Previous   37  38  39  40  41  42  43  Next »   Last »

duncaljax in Sacramento, California

59 months ago

I had lot of fun! I met some really great people.

I am excited to here how it went for everyone who made it to the F2F!! I hope the best for all of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monii in Littleton, Colorado

59 months ago

duncaljax in Sacramento, California said: I had lot of fun! I met some really great people.

I am excited to here how it went for everyone who made it to the F2F!! I hope the best for all of you.

the F2F wasnt as nerve wracking as it was getting up there to talk in front of people....we had typical interview questions....Whats your strong points, how would you handle irate passengers, if there was not enough meals in FC what would do, ummm if you were called in for a disciplinary action what would you do, hmmmm what else was there....ill add more if i think of anymore...

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

fly free bird in Denver, Colorado said: I don't like how great people that really wanted the job and showed it were not picked.Meet some wonderful people I will stay in touch with:)By the way none of which were recruiters:/

FREEBIRD - I'm so sorry. I was hoping that you'd have better luck w/ SkyWest. But if you'll just hang in there until the first of the year/spring, lots more airlines will be hiring, and I know that you'll be picked then.

Luv@1stFlight in Bountiful, Utah

59 months ago

Merky in Sacramento, California said: I didn't get the job. I don't know why. I don't know what I did wrong.... I just didnt get it.

In my session... there was roughly like 70 people in the room, and out of the 70 only 10 were picked.

I wonder if we were in the same group. My name is Emilie from SLC. I had a black pin stripe pants suit.
I didn't make it either and am floored by some of their decisions. In spite of what they think, I know I did great and I have no regrets.

Luv@1stFlight in Bountiful, Utah

59 months ago

Well, here goes my spiel (sp?). I was in a rather large group (70 or so) and there were some great applicants but MANY of those strong candidates did not make it through! I am rooting for those who did though, all the way.
For the most part, I was quite disappointed in (part of) the "so-called" recruiters' selection. Yes, I know that those chosen could have looked great on paper, but their presentations were lacking. Of course we were all nervous but when you start to tell stories about your life, adding information that is completely irrelevant to the one question asked (i.e. why would you make a great FA?), how in the world is that good?
Some may think that this is a messgae coming from a bitter applicant, and you can bet your behind that's the case. But I guess what matters is that those who were GREAT and did not make it did their absolute best. I am proud of my effort, proud of others' efforts and know that we delivered.
Good luck to those were not selected!
That said, I don't regret going, as I met some great people with whom I intend to keep in contact.
Any "newbies" wishing to attend the next one, please feel free to ask me for any advice. I will lay it all out. Good and "bad."

c in Cali in San Diego, California

59 months ago

Luv@1stFlight in Bountiful, Utah said: Well, here goes my spiel (sp?). I was in a rather large group (70 or so) and there were some great applicants but MANY of those strong candidates did not make it through! I am rooting for those who did though, all the way.
For the most part, I was quite disappointed in (part of) the "so-called" recruiters' selection. Yes, I know that those chosen could have looked great on paper, but their presentations were lacking. Of course we were all nervous but when you start to tell stories about your life, adding information that is completely irrelevant to the one question asked (i.e. why would you make a great FA?), how in the world is that good?
Some may think that this is a messgae coming from a bitter applicant, and you can bet your behind that's the case. But I guess what matters is that those who were GREAT and did not make it did their absolute best. I am proud of my effort, proud of others' efforts and know that we delivered.
Good luck to those were not selected!
That said, I don't regret going, as I met some great people with whom I intend to keep in contact.
Any "newbies" wishing to attend the next one, please feel free to ask me for any advice. I will lay it all out. Good and "bad."

I was with the First Group we all arrived approx. an 45 minutes before the interview. I believe this may have been the largest group (80) I completely agree with you Luv, Sorry we didn't meet, although I meet a few other forum girls.

I felt I had follow the directions as well, Stayed within the 1 min. , yet most applicants rambled way passed 1 min. One applicant that was selected for f2f gave a talk about the SkyWest's background, and what a sound company they were? I certainly could have done that? The majority selected were former F/A's, I wasn't that impressed with their speeches (I did expect more from them), Several others stood out and I could see them as candidates, yet they weren't selected for f2f.

fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia

59 months ago

RJ-Thanks I did some networking so I will be a flight attendant soon just not with sky west.On my flight back the flight attendant on board did not greet us or even say by or really do a check to see if carry ons were under the seats.I just thought in my head and she was hired???Not to mention two other flight attendants on another flight who held a conversation between each other from the begining of the flight to the end yeah they did basics but customer service lacked very much..Anyway from what I can tell the recruiters were everywhere watching in the bathroom,playin applicants,some people did wear the appropriate attire,asked the wrong question etc..We only had 60 seconds to say why we want to be a flight attendant and could ask one question...They made their decision of all of what I just said and I honestly oh well with that being said I am so over it glad to be back home going on a cruise in a few months and plan on being with major airline that pays for you to come out for an interview next year:)I will successed and to all the beautiful people I meet I will be in touch and keep in touch with me bless you and may life bring you the most beautiful things imaginable. I really did like the hotel I stayed in and the people I met left a great impression on me.:)

jeanettem in Renton, Washington

59 months ago

Merky - you were funny, warm and a great individual! I don't know why you are saying you had a bad personality. I really enjoyed meeting you :)

c in Cali in Oceanside, California

59 months ago

Merky, You have a Great personality, and funny too! Loved the safety thing about not getting suck in the plane!! LOL

Your aloud to have your pity party today, But tomorrow you pick yourself up and start over!!!

indigoblue in Hendersonville, Tennessee

59 months ago

Merky in Sacramento, California said: I didn't get the job. I don't know why. I don't know what I did wrong.... I just didnt get it.

In my session... there was roughly like 70 people in the room, and out of the 70 only 10 were picked.

Did you guys not know what the odds were before you got there? At my OH, there were close to 350-400 people and out of that number only about 45-50 were selected for an open house. That means that over 300 people (who were all great) were also turned down. That is the way it has been in the past open houses as well and I knew that going into this. I just went in with a good attitude, knowing full well what the odds were, but despite those numbers, put my best foot forward and got it. I know that those numbers aren't the greatest but this is a highly sought-after job with a great company. The competition is pretty steep. You can always apply again in six months - good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia said: RJ-Thanks I did some networking so I will be a flight attendant soon just not with sky west.On my flight back the flight attendant on board did not greet us or even say by or really do a check to see if carry ons were under the seats.I just thought in my head and she was hired???Not to mention two other flight attendants on another flight who held a conversation between each other from the begining of the flight to the end yeah they did basics but customer service lacked very much..Anyway from what I can tell the recruiters were everywhere watching in the bathroom,playin applicants,some people did wear the appropriate attire,asked the wrong question etc..We only had 60 seconds to say why we want to be a flight attendant and could ask one question...They made their decision of all of what I just said and I honestly oh well with that being said I am so over it glad to be back home going on a cruise in a few months and plan on being with major airline that pays for you to come out for an interview next year:)I will successed and to all the beautiful people I meet I will be in touch and keep in touch with me bless you and may life bring you the most beautiful things imaginable. I really did like the hotel I stayed in and the people I met left a great impression on me.:)

FREEBIRD - If you're still considering a f/a job, bounce over to the Delta F/A forum - there are a lot of folks on there who are not necessarily planning to work for Delta, but are still picking up some great info and doing some networking with other airlines. Several of us have been on that forum for almost 2 years, and have gone to work for other airlines but still hang out there because of all the good information.

I'm so sorry for all of you that didn't get picked - I have been in your shoes (not chosen) about 6 times, and have been chosen twice. Sometimes I think it's just the luck of the draw.

duncaljax in Florence, Arizona

59 months ago

Merky! I adored you! You have a wonderful personality!! I am so gload I had the chance to meet you, Jenn, Cathleen, Melanie and Motha...and Kailee and Susan...sos one and so forth. Oh! And I met Summer! The list goes on and on. I had a blast!

But I too am starting to get a little down. You were wonderful, though! Don't give up - it will happen if you want it bad enough.

Sunshine in Kansas City, Missouri

59 months ago

I am so sorry Merky, Free bird, C in Cali, Luv and duncaljax. I know there is a lot of competition and so many applying. Keep your chin up and don't give up. If it's your dream, I believe it will eventually happen for you.

I would also hate to be in the recruiter's shoes. I'm sure it can be difficult at times for them too.

I hope you don't mind if I ask some question about it. How many people total were there and how many were chosen for a f2f? It sounds like they broke you into groups with 70 in each group but I don't know how many groups there were. When you gave your one minute speech, did use a microphone? I thought they might time people and then signal them to stop if they ran over. What time did the f2f interviews start and what time was it all over? Did most of the people who got an invitation to attend go on to get a f2f? Did they say if they were having another OH? What new info did you learn that wasn't posted on their website?

Congratulations to Jen and Indigoblue. Did they let you know if you passed the f2f or are they going to call you later?

59 months ago

KathyC in Chandler, Arizona said: Hi Sunshine! I made it through and start training in OCT..yay!
How about you?

Kathy, I just applied a couple of days ago. Hopefully they will have another OH. Congratulations on going to training. Do you have your packet to study yet?

C in Cali in Oceanside, California

59 months ago

I was in the first group of approx 80, four other rooms were set up in the same matter. Handed in your resume, and height taken as we entered the room. Our names were called to go up and make a speech as to why your want to be a fa, you were to keep it to 1 minute. No one appeared to time it, as may went over. No microphone, although they did have to ask people to speak up. Out of our group 18 selected for F2F. Three recruiters interviewed (separately) 3 applicants at one time with 3 to 4 questions each, very relaxed (so I was told) Notification in 5 to 10 days.

Good Luck and watch website for OH, they did hint their may be one more?

59 months ago

C in Cali in Oceanside, California said: I was in the first group of approx 80, four other rooms were set up in the same matter. Handed in your resume, and height taken as we entered the room. Our names were called to go up and make a speech as to why your want to be a fa, you were to keep it to 1 minute. No one appeared to time it, as may went over. No microphone, although they did have to ask people to speak up. Out of our group 18 selected for F2F. Three recruiters interviewed (separately) 3 applicants at one time with 3 to 4 questions each, very relaxed (so I was told) Notification in 5 to 10 days.

Good Luck and watch website for OH, they did hint their may be one more?

Thanks so much C and good luck to you too.

skywaitress in Pasadena, California

59 months ago

i dont understand how they said if you dont get picked leave dont even talk too us i was told brian told the other group to go home and fix them selfs and come back in 6 months i agree alot of great ppl came to this thing and the ones that didnt deserve it got the f2f and the ones who did deserve it got sent away with nothing .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

fly free bird in Denver, Colorado said: I don't like how great people that really wanted the job and showed it were not picked.Meet some wonderful people I will stay in touch with:)By the way none of which were recruiters:/

hey i agree with you i met alot of great people that i didnt understand how they got turned away i was also hearing that they were telling ppl that they were to short or to tall .. i dont get it

59 months ago

C, did you mean they hinted there might be one more OH?

Skywaitress, I'm sorry you didn't make it either. Don't give up.

59 months ago

fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia said: RJ-Thanks I did some networking so I will be a flight attendant soon just not with sky west.On my flight back the flight attendant on board did not greet us or even say by or really do a check to see if carry ons were under the seats.I just thought in my head and she was hired???Not to mention two other flight attendants on another flight who held a conversation between each other from the begining of the flight to the end yeah they did basics but customer service lacked very much..Anyway from what I can tell the recruiters were everywhere watching in the bathroom,playin applicants,some people did wear the appropriate attire,asked the wrong question etc..We only had 60 seconds to say why we want to be a flight attendant and could ask one question...They made their decision of all of what I just said and I honestly oh well with that being said I am so over it glad to be back home going on a cruise in a few months and plan on being with major airline that pays for you to come out for an interview next year:)I will successed and to all the beautiful people I meet I will be in touch and keep in touch with me bless you and may life bring you the most beautiful things imaginable. I really did like the hotel I stayed in and the people I met left a great impression on me.:)

Hey it was really nice meeting you at the O.H
i agree with you on how things were done .. im glad brett got the F2F Hope he gets the job .
keep in touch .

Merky in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

59 months ago

There were some that deserved it and there were some that just left me with a big question mark, but I'm not going to stress over it. I got a great job prospect coming my way next week which is just great on my side so I left with a big disappointment and came home to a great opportunity.

I'm going down to Palm Beach today to have some fun and enjoy myself. My emo time is over :3 I've been rejected, paperwork lost, or stuck in hiring freezes for two years to just get emo over this one. It was more of " FUUUUUUUUU I wasted too much money on this to get rejected!!! "

If things go well, I may be back in 6 months... Or hell, maybe I get in with a mainliner.

Summer Nichols in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

59 months ago

Hey!
I too have to say I was very surprised at the outcome of the open house. I just look at it like this, I have 9 years mainline and 2 ears regional experience. I also had a employee reccomendation and nothing. As far as I am concerned it was a huge waste of time and I think I will try my luck when mainline airlines start to hire again. I also think that most of us that should have gotten a face to face didn't. I guess that's just 2 people's opinions of us, no big deal. It was nice meeting you all, hang in there and keep trying. I know I won't be back there in 6 months. Take care!! Summer

monii in Fresno, California

59 months ago

Sunshine in Kansas City, Missouri said: I am so sorry Merky, Free bird, C in Cali, Luv and duncaljax. I know there is a lot of competition and so many applying. Keep your chin up and don't give up. If it's your dream, I believe it will eventually happen for you.

I would also hate to be in the recruiter's shoes. I'm sure it can be difficult at times for them too.

I hope you don't mind if I ask some question about it. How many people total were there and how many were chosen for a f2f? It sounds like they broke you into groups with 70 in each group but I don't know how many groups there were. When you gave your one minute speech, did use a microphone? I thought they might time people and then signal them to stop if they ran over. What time did the f2f interviews start and what time was it all over? Did most of the people who got an invitation to attend go on to get a f2f? Did they say if they were having another OH? What new info did you learn that wasn't posted on their website?

Congratulations to Jen and Indigoblue. Did they let you know if you passed the f2f or are they going to call you later?

there were 4 groups....there were about 15-16 people selected from the frist group (the very first room) one person who got selected didnt even stay to see if he was picked.....therefore that could have been someone else's position.

Actually the people that were selected for the first group....may be 3-4 or us are former FA's. Whatever happend to picking someone that can talk "Clear" english??!! and ok if you cant figure out if you were ever convicted of any misdeamenor or felony, how do you expect others to help decide for you?????? and you get a f2f??!! HUH??!!!

jen in Renton, Washington

59 months ago

Hi and thank you for the congrats. We had our f2f, which lasted about 15 minutes and they reiterate that we are told in about 5-10 business days. Hope that helps!

59 months ago

Sunshine in Kansas City, Missouri said: C, did you mean they hinted there might be one more OH?

Skywaitress, I'm sorry you didn't make it either. Don't give up.

i dont get what it is that they wanted . insted of tellin ppl to just leave and not ask any questions im sorry u didnt make the cut its sad all the good ppl got sent away

59 months ago

monii in Fresno, California said: there were 4 groups....there were about 15-16 people selected from the frist group (the very first room) one person who got selected didnt even stay to see if he was picked.....therefore that could have been someone else's position.

Actually the people that were selected for the first group....may be 3-4 or us are former FA's. Whatever happend to picking someone that can talk "Clear" english??!! and ok if you cant figure out if you were ever convicted of any misdeamenor or felony, how do you expect others to help decide for you?????? and you get a f2f??!! HUH??!!!

Thanks Monii and good luck to you.

C in Cali in San Diego, California

59 months ago

I remember Brian telling our group to not take it personally, if not selected, we could re apply in 6 months. But take that time to re-evaluate yourself. I'm evaluating everything, re-checking my resume, clothing, etc. EVERYTHING!

Did I think I did a great job YES, But, I must have been lacking some where! Except it and improve, each interview will only get you closer to your goal..... (wings)

With that said, I won't be re-applying with SkyWest again! LOL But, never say never!

I would say I didn't like their interview process, before going I was told about the 1 min. speech, and then we would be broken into small groups and asked questions!(past interview process) Wish they would have done that before selection of F2F. A 1 min. speech is not enough to get to know our personalities. Along with the amount of Money it cost us to attend, I feel like we deserved that! That's a hard pill to swallow with our economy, and if we were their we obviously need a job. Their interview process showed little respect to the applicants, of course that's my option!

Good Luck to all who got a F2F, we want to hear how your process goes! Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

C in Cali in San Diego, California

59 months ago

Summer Nichols in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: Hey!
I too have to say I was very surprised at the outcome of the open house. I just look at it like this, I have 9 years mainline and 2 ears regional experience. I also had a employee reccomendation and nothing. As far as I am concerned it was a huge waste of time and I think I will try my luck when mainline airlines start to hire again. I also think that most of us that should have gotten a face to face didn't. I guess that's just 2 people's opinions of us, no big deal. It was nice meeting you all, hang in there and keep trying. I know I won't be back there in 6 months. Take care!! Summer

Summer, I was really surprised! Don't know what they wanted!!! Good Luck

59 months ago

C in Cali in San Diego, California said: I remember Brian telling our group to not take it personally, if not selected, we could re apply in 6 months. But take that time to re-evaluate yourself. I'm evaluating everything, re-checking my resume, clothing, etc. EVERYTHING!

Did I think I did a great job YES, But, I must have been lacking some where! Except it and improve, each interview will only get you closer to your goal..... (wings)

With that said, I won't be re-applying with SkyWest again! LOL But, never say never!

I would say I didn't like their interview process, before going I was told about the 1 min. speech, and then we would be broken into small groups and asked questions!(past interview process) Wish they would have done that before selection of F2F. A 1 min. speech is not enough to get to know our personalities. Along with the amount of Money it cost us to attend, I feel like we deserved that! That's a hard pill to swallow with our economy, and if we were their we obviously need a job. Their interview process showed little respect to the applicants, of course that's my option!

Good Luck to all who got a F2F, we want to hear how your process goes! Good Luck

i agree with you it cost all of as money to fly to DEN for the OH and at the end we didnt have any thing to show for . i cryed after words i couldnt believe we all spent the money to go and they picked 10 or 12 out of the large group . i agree it was a very hard pill to swallow and yes they showed no respect for the ppl who took the time to go down there they cant sum some one up in 1 min i think personaly every one should of had a chance at training who came down for the OH . but i couldnt believe how this session went . i had heard such great things about skywest till the OH .
i heard that they picked people with very little to no experince at being a flight attendant . good luck to every one else who didnt get picked ..

Fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia

59 months ago

:)Hello again just wanna wish everyone the best in life yes I am talking about the people I didn't meet as well:)There was someone on here that said did you not know what your chances were before you arrived?Yes I did and I think the recruiters had a number in their head in each room of how many people they are going to pick regardless of how well each applicant does.I have been in customer serice a long time and I just wanna say this because its on my mind.There was a job in the past that I was picked for that had an overwhelming turn out like 1,000 people I was one of the few people picked which was awesome at that time:)Now once I started the job and did it for a couple of months that was a whole different story.It was six of us total picked. I am just going to say it like this NOT EVERYONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO INTERVIEW IS GOING TO BE A GREAT EMPLOYEE AND REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY NOT EVERYONE MAKES A GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION. Anyway one of the picked people was girl that just knew how to give a great interview.As far as her doing the job made her best effort not to and successed and also made the other 5 people me included lives h-e-l-l.She was immature,did not know how to add yet she handled money everyday,even gave something away that cost over $1000 and broke every rule .This girl would be a prime example of a person that should never I do mean never should have been picked for a job.The interview process for this company lasted longer than the flight attendant open house and was more detailed.You had to take a test as soon as you came and score High then interviewed and even after you were picked the training process was nothing to joke about it was out of town and it was complicated.I just wanted to put this little story here to let those know that didn't make it that it could have been nothing you did you could have done everything right they just didn't pick you .By the way out of the few of us picked for that particular job only 1 still works there.

59 months ago

Sunshine - were you in the first group that was selected to interview?

duncaljax in Florence, Arizona

59 months ago

Just an FYI - if you are inetersted in sharing your interview/OH experiences with others, you can post your info on www.aviationinterviews.com.

I think you can sign up for a feree membership. I did.

I think it would be helpful to share with others outside our board on what to expect.

59 months ago

Hey duncaljax! Sorry I missed you. Heard you stopped by and talked to C in Cali. Hope you are well :)

59 months ago

I just received an invite to Allegiant Air:)Wow I just put in the application last night after getting home I was so tired but I decided to go ahead and apply:)

59 months ago

Well I have a decision to make if I go the ticket and hotel will tip me at $800 yeah the prices need to go down and the flight is overnight yeah can anyone give me any insight on this one:)Help PLEASE:)

59 months ago

well its really easy u sign in and than they start the powerpoint about the airline like all the others than they give u a break thats when they say if u still want to do this please stay if not at this time u are free to leave the woman doing the interview is really sweet .. than after the break who ever stayed will come up and pick a question like what is ur fave vacation spot or ur fave book and why ? than what will happen after every one has gone they willgive u a break than say come back in 25 min or so than thats when post the last digits of ur social security if you got a f2f
i didnt make it to f2f so i dont know what they ask .. good luck let us know if u get it ..

59 months ago

skywaitress in Pasadena, California said: i dont get what it is that they wanted . insted of tellin ppl to just leave and not ask any questions im sorry u didnt make the cut its sad all the good ppl got sent away

thanks sunshine .. im still so sad about it i cried so much after getting back to the hotel :(

dally in Fargo, North Dakota

59 months ago

C in Cali in San Diego, California said: I remember Brian telling our group to not take it personally, if not selected, we could re apply in 6 months. But take that time to re-evaluate yourself. I'm evaluating everything, re-checking my resume, clothing, etc. EVERYTHING!

I so agree with you. A one min speech is not enough to know someone personality. And anyone can fake who they are in one min.I saw some people that by the way they were dressed shouldnt have got the f2f but they did.

59 months ago

skywaitress in Pasadena, California said: i agree with you it cost all of as money to fly to DEN for the OH and at the end we didnt have any thing to show for . i cryed after words i couldnt believe we all spent the money to go and they picked 10 or 12 out of the large group . i agree it was a very hard pill to swallow and yes they showed no respect for the ppl who took the time to go down there they cant sum some one up in 1 min i think personaly every one should of had a chance at training who came down for the OH . but i couldnt believe how this session went . i had heard such great things about skywest till the OH .
i heard that they picked people with very little to no experince at being a flight attendant . good luck to every one else who didnt get picked ..

I didnt pay to get there but i felt it for those who paid. The OH was so cold. how can they tell soemone not to ask why they didnt get chosen how are they suppose to know wat they need to work on. I didnt get chosen and i was a flight attendant. They chose all the old Retired FA that has no experience working in a crj 200 by them selves. These old people arent used to working 4-5 flight a day in a dash or crj 200 they are all used to working the jumbo aircrafts for a 5hr flight. Lets see how they do I'm sure they'll be hiring soon again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

c in Cali in San Diego, California said: I was with the First Group we all arrived approx. an 45 minutes before the interview. I believe this may have been the largest group (80) I completely agree with you Luv, Sorry we didn't meet, although I meet a few other forum girls.

I felt I had follow the directions as well, Stayed within the 1 min. , yet most applicants rambled way passed 1 min. One applicant that was selected for f2f gave a talk about the SkyWest's background, and what a sound company they were? I certainly could have done that? The majority selected were former F/A's, I wasn't that impressed with their speeches (I did expect more from them), Several others stood out and I could see them as candidates, yet they weren't selected for f2f.

Alot of the former flight attendants rumbled about stuff they wasnt asked and got chosen i dont understand that. Was a flight attendant before and i answered wat i was asked. and still didnt get chosen. i should have did the same garbage as the ones that got chosen.

59 months ago

im not gona go back to skywest ever again i cant cry any more
but i guess from what i heard from some one else they chose those ppl because they wanted ppl who will stay with skywest insted of leave in a few yrs when they gain more experince .but i agree some one who hasnt worked on a ERJ or CRJ for 4-5 days will never be abel to hack it but it was veryy cold what they did i dont know what they are thinking but they lost alot of good hard working ppl

Merky in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

59 months ago

duncaljax - Thanks for that website! It's a goldmine!

I'm not going to be bitter about it, I think I've been to enough FA interviews to know that the process is very, very cold especially if its an OH. But, I will say this, we will have our chances to shine. If its not with Skywest, then obviously it'll be with another airline. I've been trying for 2 years and haven't succeeded yet; but I'm not going to stop now.

I think you just gotta look at the positives. I enjoyed myself down in Palm Beach with my friends, had a nice steak dinner, and reminded myself there's better things in life and not to let one disappointment (or many in my case) tear me down.

Yeah, I'm totally pissed off I basically wasted nearly 700 dollars on a job I did not get but it was the gamble I took. I do not like the fact that everyone and their grandmother came to this open house and some that didn't even get an invitation or applied managed to get F2F. I felt that those who went the process and got invitations should have only been allowed to go to the interview, not all of Denver.

But anyway, that's in the past. Just gotta go forward and not look back. Thursday night was filled with a sleepless night of regret and anger, but Friday morning was filled with smiles and a great trip back home with Saturday being just overall fun with friends.

Life has its up and downs, just don't let one event bring you down because some day the opportunity will arise.

59 months ago

Merky,
Well said, just don't forget the ones who didn't even bring resumes. They shouldn't have even gotten in the door. I have friends at other airlines, Delta, Cont., and Airtran. I will let you all know when they start hiring, one of my best friends does new hire training at cont. so he will know ahead of time. All of you that didn't get a f2f I would love to fly with any of you any day. We will just have to do it at a "big" airline.
Summer

Vicki in Anaheim, California

59 months ago

Hi free bird,
I think I've seen your posts on the Delta site also. I attended the OH for SkyWest on July 29th in SLC. I also agree with your thoughts on the OH. I followed the directions and limited my introduction to one minute. I was surprised by the people that rambled on way past the time limit. Afterwards I realized that I should have talked longer. Oh well, it's hard to know what they are really looking for!
The two friends I was with will both be going to training on September 22 and I am so happy for them. I know my opportunity will come, hopefully with Alaska or Delta. Until then I am patient.

C in Cali in Oceanside, California

59 months ago

Fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia said: Well I have a decision to make if I go the ticket and hotel will tip me at $800 yeah the prices need to go down and the flight is overnight yeah can anyone give me any insight on this one:)Help PLEASE:)

I also received an invite, I will be attending. This time I can drive, so that will save me. Keep in mind same type of OH, except they have viewed your resume and extended the invite. Don't really know if that really matters anyway. They expressed that it would be Limited Seating, which once again means 300 applicants, also the speech is one day and the F2F is the next. . Same 1 min. speech, so I'm expecting the same set up! Be prepared for the same process, and if you can handle rejection twice in one week, GO! If your not prepared for that then stay home.... let me know what you decide!

flightnurse in Costa Mesa, California

59 months ago

Hey girls, never give up! I applied at United and Delta and Skywest. Delta dismissed me after making thru their process to do the F2F in ATL and I got the "thanks but no Thanks" from United, however, Skywest saw something in me that they though would be an asset thank god and I am loving it!..... I was on a deadhead on a United Main land flight and I was in the back talking to some of the FA's, they were telling me that I should be working with United, they thought I had the look and the wanted attitude and I would be nothing short of a model FA.... Ha ha ha, after I told them I did apply, they were completely puzzled..... They told me they couldn't understand what they were thinking. So, just because on didn't see it doesn't mean nobody will... I believe if you were born to do a job like this than try and then try again. I went to the interview process thinking that if it didn't work out then I was still going to be OK, and I think that it showed. I was more confident and wasn't nervous therefor I didn't care if I made it or not, funny but it almost reminded me of Cheerleading tryouts... lol OK, so that was 20 or so years ago but they feeling is the same.... Good luck to you all!

Luv@1stFlight in Salt Lake City, Utah

59 months ago

flightnurse in Costa Mesa, California said: Hey girls, never give up! I applied at United and Delta and Skywest. Delta dismissed me after making thru their process to do the F2F in ATL and I got the "thanks but no Thanks" from United, however, Skywest saw something in me that they though would be an asset thank god and I am loving it!..... I was on a deadhead on a United Main land flight and I was in the back talking to some of the FA's, they were telling me that I should be working with United, they thought I had the look and the wanted attitude and I would be nothing short of a model FA.... Ha ha ha, after I told them I did apply, they were completely puzzled..... They told me they couldn't understand what they were thinking. So, just because on didn't see it doesn't mean nobody will... I believe if you were born to do a job like this than try and then try again. I went to the interview process thinking that if it didn't work out then I was still going to be OK, and I think that it showed. I was more confident and wasn't nervous therefor I didn't care if I made it or not, funny but it almost reminded me of Cheerleading tryouts... lol OK, so that was 20 or so years ago but they feeling is the same.... Good luck to you all!

Thank you so much for the encouragement. :)
I think my problem was that I was signing myself off as a failure, right off the bat. What I needed to do was take a step back, accept it and tell myself that this is NOT the end of it. I am determined to continue my search and won't give up.

59 months ago

Hey!
Just wanted to let you all know that I just spoke to a friend of mine at airtran. He has heard alot of rumors about them starting to hire again in November. Like I said it is a rumor, but I went ahead and did the online application. It's worth a try!
Summer

59 months ago

hey yall i also wanted u guys to know
colgan air , eithad air ways and omni air int are also hiring
i applyed to all let me know how if u guys get an interview
alisa.muradyan@gmail.com

Darla in Centerburg, Ohio

59 months ago

hey everyone! i've enjoyed reading all the posts. i was wondering though, if anyone knows whether skywest will be having anymore open interviews? their site says they are still hiring. i'm very interested in applying. thanks for any info!!

Page:  « First « Previous   37  38  39  40  41  42  43  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.