SWA ever going to hire again??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Stinkidog in Temperance, Michigan

28 months ago

I'm sure I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting the day Southwest starts hiring again. Last time they did, it was for internal applicants only. That's great that they look from within but hey, there are lots of great people out here, too!!! I have two friends who are FA with them and they can't say enough good things about the company and the job itself. The both love, love LOVE it. There was some thought in these forums that with the merger of Air Tran they would hire. But from what my friend told me, they are just taking on all the current Air Tran FAs. So, unless they put out some amazing retirement package, no one is going anywhere anytime soon. I've already been shot down by US Air, got the email from United that they have stopped interviewing for now, heard zippo from Frontier and JetBlue, and waiting to hear something from Spirit and Express Jet. I guess everything happens for a reason. Hopefully, one day before I hit social security age, SWA will hire again!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sidneyfa in nyc, New York

27 months ago

Don't know when they will be hiring again. Here is a video of fun during their training.. goo.gl/1euU0

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SWA Flight Attendant in Gilbert, Arizona

19 months ago

Stinkidog in Temperance, Michigan said: I'm sure I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting the day Southwest starts hiring again. Last time they did, it was for internal applicants only. That's great that they look from within but hey, there are lots of great people out here, too!!! I have two friends who are FA with them and they can't say enough good things about the company and the job itself. The both love, love LOVE it. There was some thought in these forums that with the merger of Air Tran they would hire. But from what my friend told me, they are just taking on all the current Air Tran FAs. So, unless they put out some amazing retirement package, no one is going anywhere anytime soon. I've already been shot down by US Air, got the email from United that they have stopped interviewing for now, heard zippo from Frontier and JetBlue, and waiting to hear something from Spirit and Express Jet. I guess everything happens for a reason. Hopefully, one day before I hit social security age, SWA will hire again!!

Southwest will be hiring 750 F/A in 2014 as per company e-mail. Position will open on Dec. 18th 2014. Go to www.southwest.com/career On our employee website it says that they will open it in the afternoon but I would get on in the morning. I would first go to our career page and sign up for jobseeker. Fill out resume on that site and on the morning of the 18th I would keep refreshing your screen. Once they open the position submit your resume. Once you get in do not click out! If its says unable to process just keep refreshing! They will accept 10,000 applicants and that's it! Once they have it, they will close the position. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BrownFlyer in Atlanta, Georgia

19 months ago

I hope these are not a silly questions, it is just that the competition is so steep.

1.I know the interview attire is Business. Did anyone wear any other color suit than black and dark blue? Are pin strips okay or dark grey or dark tan?

2. My hair is short. I was told by a good friend to wear my hair in a bun. My hair is cut in a short bob. Is a bun crucial? Can I wear my hair is a neat short cut as long as my hair out of my face?

SWA Flight Attendant in Gilbert, Arizona

19 months ago

BrownFlyer in Atlanta, Georgia said: I hope these are not a silly questions, it is just that the competition is so steep.

1.I know the interview attire is Business. Did anyone wear any other color suit than black and dark blue? Are pin strips okay or dark grey or dark tan?

2. My hair is short. I was told by a good friend to wear my hair in a bun. My hair is cut in a short bob. Is a bun crucial? Can I wear my hair is a neat short cut as long as my hair out of my face?

Southwest is all about being yourself! Short bob is perfect. If I had one suggestion, I would get my hands on "Nuts about Southwest" and read it. This book is about SWA and has so much information that can give you a jump start on how we operate. Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SkyMom in Douglasville, Georgia

19 months ago

SWA Flight Attendant in Gilbert, Arizona said: Southwest is all about being yourself! Short bob is perfect. If I had one suggestion, I would get my hands on "Nuts about Southwest" and read it. This book is about SWA and has so much information that can give you a jump start on how we operate. Good luck!!!

Thank you so much. The other airlines make it so clear that they are not looking for anyone wants to be themselves. For so many reasons, I just breath a sign a relief.

tarms in Port Neches, Texas

18 months ago

OOOOK I'm not to happy with SWA right now : ( my brother in law went for an interview on 10/31 for a pilot. He just retired after 20 yrs from the Air Force as a Senior Pilot. Been on countless missions and got a denied letter from SWA.....hmmm what's up with that!! OK....even though I was hoping for him...I'm sure they have their reasons...AND I STILL LOVE MY SWA!!! He got a job as a pilot instructor the next day. : ))) ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.