Silver Airways

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1046)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

IsaAn in Saint Cloud, Florida

46 months ago

SueTheStew in Crooklyn, New York said: If you have c/s experience at the Ritz, then I know you have great skills! That is a great hotel..."Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen' . LOL

It is really up to you. It is a very long drive, you will be exhausted when you get there and it is important to be well rested and refreshed in the morning. Have you had enough time to prepare for an F/A interview? WOuld hate for you to go unprepared, but sometimes people get lucky! If you decide to go you better get started in the next few hours so you can get a good nights sleep, oh and find a decent hotel!

Well I never been to a FA interview so i dont know what to expect! I just know for me to bring my game on with a smile and background hopefully that will do! but if you can give me just hints, it will be great!! I know I will bring my DL, ss card, and passport just in case I have it. Do you think I need my degree from school? I am so nervous I dont know if to go or not to go!! Its always been in my goals to become a FA in my life time!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Donelle in Atlanta, Georgia

46 months ago

I too received an invitation to the open house in Virginia, but since I received it late yesterday, I would not have enough time to get there either. I really hope that they hold one further south. I understand that they may be opening an ATL base, which would be great.

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

46 months ago

so they fly you out there for the OH?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SueTheStew in Crooklyn, New York

46 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina said: so they fly you out there for the OH?

No, they don't. You have to make your own arrangements.

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

Hi everyone. Well great news, I got the job!! Yay! Of course you don't really have the job until your background and drug test clear and you pass training, but I will be in the Sept.4th class.
I am super tired, but I'll do my best to go over everything with you all.
First and formost, please dress professionally and be on time. There were people walking in during the info session. Only two of us were wearing suits. One lady had so shorts and sandles on! You really want to look the part.
The recruiter is also the manager and lead instructor. Her name is e. Sandy and she is wonderful!!! Right, so you walk in and sign in. You'll be given 2 things to fill out. A basic info form and the most detailed and thick application I ever saw! She joked and called it " the book" cause it's a lot so bring all of your info and get ready. You will write your namon a dry erase board and hold it up for a mug shot. Not sure why, but okay.
Then a video is shown. Company history. Then a very detailed PowerPoint presentation. It will answer almost all of your questions and you can take notes.
After that each person has to introduce themselves in front of the room and then read an airline announcement.
After that, everyone goes out in the hall and each person is called in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

There will be plenty of time to fill out your paperwork. Even after your one-on-one, so don't rush and stress out. If offered a training class, you will be fingerprinted by the HR rep travelling with the recruiter. You will also be given a drug test order and the local lab to go to.
You have to get it done right away. Since today is Friday, we have to go Monday. That's it. You go home and wait for your background and drug screen to clear and they'll call you to confirm training or if things don't turn out well, I guess you get a letter! Yikes!
The uniform is really nice. It's a white blouse that is the long fitted kind that you don't tuck. The blazer and slacks are charcoal gray. It also has a skirt option. They are trying to get a dress, but right now that's it. The scarf is the same color as the engines. A bright pink with their propeller circle logo in silver on it. Wings are silver and your name is engraved below the center. Really shiny. Very nice. It's Sharp and well cut. Longer type blazer. Didn't see the men's uniform. Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

The company pays for the first initial set of uniforms and then you can purchase more items.
It's 3 weeks of training in Ft.Lauderdale, FL. It is conducted in one of the confrence rooms at the Hotel they put you up in. Aircraft hands on training is done at the 8hanger.
Each person get's their own room. No roomate. The place has a microwave and fridge in each room. The place offers free breakfast. You don't paid until the end of training. So it is a paid training, but you'll need money for food and incidentals. Hope I spelled that right, who cares it's 4am!!

46 months ago

As far as salary, reserve, benefits, and bases...go to the open house and find out for yourself. It's a really great experience and you will have all that answered there. It's really worth going. You are encouraged during the whole process to ask questions. They do pay for your hotel and flight to/from training. However, during this initial step it's up to you to come to the OH.
They are going to be hiring a lot of people and have classes scheduled in Sept, Oct, and Nov.
NOW is a really good time to get in. Even if you don't get the base you want, you can transfer. So don't let that stop you.
I'm really glad I went and I wish each of you the same success!

I want to fly for Silver in Staunton, Virginia

46 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Hi everyone. Well great news, I got the job!! Yay! Of course you don't really have the job until your background and drug test clear and you pass training, but I will be in the Sept.4th class.
First and formost, please dress professionally and be on time. There were people walking in during the info session. Only two of us were wearing suits. One lady had so shorts and sandles on! You really want to look the part.
The recruiter is also the manager and lead instructor. Her name is e. Sandy and she is wonderful!!! Right, so you walk in and sign in. You'll be given 2 things to fill out. A basic info form and the most detailed and thick application I ever saw! She joked and called it " the book" cause it's a lot so bring all of your info and get ready. You will write your namon a dry erase board and hold it up for a mug shot. Not sure why, but okay.
Then a video is shown. Company history. Then a very detailed PowerPoint presentation. It will answer almost all of your questions and you can take notes.
After that each person has to introduce themselves in front of the room and then read an airline announcement.

It is good to know about the job offer at the OH. This way you know if you are hired or not. Thank you and Good Luck with your new exciting career, I hope I will be joining you today.

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

46 months ago

the OH IS BY RSVP ONLY?were do they have the next OH?

Cjflygirl

46 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Hi everyone. Well great news, I got the job!! Yay! Of course you don't really have the job until your background and drug test clear and you pass training, but I will be in the Sept.4th class.

Congrats!!!! So excited for u :-)

Cjflygirl

46 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: As far as salary, reserve, benefits, and bases...go to the open house and find out for yourself. It's a really great experience and you will have all that answered there. It's really worth going. You are encouraged during the whole process to ask questions. They do pay for your hotel and flight to/from training. However, during this initial step it's up to you to come to the OH.
They are going to be hiring a lot of people and have classes scheduled in Sept, Oct, and Nov.
NOW is a really good time to get in. Even if you don't get the base you want, you can transfer. So don't let that stop you.
I'm really glad I went and I wish each of you the same success!

I was unable to attend with 36 hr notice for an open house in VA when I live in south Fla.
Hopefully there will be another one soon and I will have a little bit more time to make arangments to attend. :-) congrats

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Cjflygirl said: I was just wondering how long is res?? And will they be hiring fa's for Fll since they are getting more saabs for that base by the end of sept?? Also, are there any more crew bases in fl?
Thanks for any info :-) o! And do the fa's have a union?

I just went to my interview, They have Tampa, Gainesville, and FL. I think there is another one as well.

46 months ago

I will see you on Sept 4th. Can't wait to meet everyone

46 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina said: the OH IS BY RSVP ONLY?were do they have the next OH?

The Open House I went to was open. I was invited, however, others showed up uninvited and was let in. We had a room full, it was great.

46 months ago

I want to fly for Silver in Staunton, Virginia said: I will see you on Sept 4th. Can't wait to meet everyone

Congrats!!!! Did they happen to say when/where additional open houses would be held? I was not able to attend the one in VA.

Also, what is the starting pay scale?

Thanks!

46 months ago

I want to fly for Silver in Staunton, Virginia said: I will see you on Sept 4th. Can't wait to meet everyone

YAY!!! Can't wait to meet you to! Wasn't Sandy nice? Really top notch Lady!

46 months ago

SueTheStew in Crooklyn, New York said: Congrats!!!! Did they happen to say when/where additional open houses would be held? I was not able to attend the one in VA.

Thanks!

They will be hiring a lot of people. There will be a lot of open houses. Hang in there. It starts at 18.50 per flight hour, 1.60 per diem, and commission on in-flight sales.
Non-union.

46 months ago

Cjflygirl said: Congrats!!!! So excited for u :-)

Thank you. You will see more open house coming down the road. They are hiring a lot!

46 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina said: the OH IS BY RSVP ONLY?were do they have the next OH?[/QUOTE

How it worked for me was, I applied on-line. About a month later I got an e-mail with all of the open house infor on it. It was a standard form e-mail and not addressed to anyone, just basic. So I think they will probably send out more to let everyone know when and where. I only got 2 days notice. I think they are seeing if people are flexible. Keep checking the website.

46 months ago

Just FYI...reserve is different for each base and there are so many factors to take in to determine how long reserve will be for you personally at your base you end up in after training. But let's put it this way. They have 18 planes now and the number has just jumped to 30 total for future fleet with a couple coming per month. Those going now, won't sit reserve for long. It's those coming in towards the end of the fleet delivery that will have to do reserve the longest. So apply, apply, apply! Get in now at the beginning, because seniority is everything when you bid for lines! Don't wait too long to join. If you applied, make every effort to get to an OH!! Best wishes for everyone!

46 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Just FYI...reserve is different for each base and there are so many factors to take in to determine how long reserve will be for you personally at your base you end up in after training. But let's put it this way. They have 18 planes now and the number has just jumped to 30 total for future fleet with a couple coming per month. Those going now, won't sit reserve for long. It's those coming in towards the end of the fleet delivery that will have to do reserve the longest. So apply, apply, apply! Get in now at the beginning, because seniority is everything when you bid for lines! Don't wait too long to join. If you applied, make every effort to get to an OH!! Best wishes for everyone!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

46 months ago

SueTheStew in Crooklyn, New York said: Congrats!!!! Did they happen to say when/where additional open houses would be held? I was not able to attend the one in VA.

Thanks!

She did say it was near Fort Lauderdale maybe next week. We had a lot of people from Florida, a few from N.J and NY today in Virginia.

46 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: YAY!!! Can't wait to meet you to! Wasn't Sandy nice? Really top notch Lady!

She was great, I really liked all of them.

46 months ago

I want to fly for Silver in Staunton, Virginia said: She did say it was near Fort Lauderdale maybe next week. We had a lot of people from Florida, a few from N.J and NY today in Virginia.

Thanks for that info!

Donelle in Atlanta, Georgia

46 months ago

Thanks for your input regarding your open house experience. I'm so glad that you were hired!! Just one question, if anyone is able to answer it - is there going to be an ATL base?

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky

46 months ago

YAY!! I was invited to training on September 04, 2012 (pending background & drug test) yesterday at my OH in VA. Can ANY CURRENT Silver Airways Flight Attendant tell me a little bit more about training? Such as how many retakes for test, how many test are there, IOE, scheduled days off, what to do in the free time, normal daily schedule, etc. That will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to EVERYONE who APPLIES! I really look forward to MEETING EVERYONE IN MY TRAINING CLASS and GOING TO TRAINING on September 04. In conclusion, I can tell this is a wonderful Company to work for from the Silver Airway staff and how they make you feel welcomed, to how the way the OH was set up, and just EVERYTHING. This was the BEST OH I ever attended.

happy2fly in Miami, Florida

46 months ago

FLYSAFE in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I FLY FOR THIS COMPANY AND I WILL TELL YOU TO THINK MORE THAN TWICE ABOUT WORKING FOR THEM . THEY ARENT UNION AND WILL WORK YOU TO DEATH . WE ARE TRYING TO GET A UNION CAUSE THEY JUST DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES AT ALL . THE COMPANY DOESNT KNOW WHAT IT IS DOING AND I HAVE ABOUT 20 OTHER FLIGHT ATTENDANTS THAT WILL BACK ME UP. THE PILOTS ARE SO OVER WORKED AS WELL AND THIS IS SO UNSAFE. EVEN SPIRIT IS ABETTER COMPANY AND THEY HAVE A CONTRACT . WE LOST TWO PEOPLE AFTER TRAINING CAUSE IT TOOK 4 WEEKS TO GET TO THEIR IOE'S .MANY OF US HAVE APPLIED TO OTHER CARRIERS AS WELL. IF YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A GOOD COMPANY GO TO SKYWEST,EXPRESSJET OR ALASKA. THINK BEFORE YOU WORK HERE THIS IS ANOTHER COLGAN AND A INHUMANE TREATMENT ...

You are unhappy because you didnt get the promotion you wanted so now you are unhappy. If you are that unhappy then you are free to leave because there are so many that would be thrilled to work here. And as you said the pilots have a union and they are still working long hours. That is because this airline is successful and they are hiring more people everyday. In case you did not know in the airline industry you dont get a lunch break.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mysky in Pompano Beach, Florida

46 months ago

I'll be in the Sep training too (pending background check/drug test)!!

niki in Columbus, Ohio

46 months ago

I applied tonight with Silver. I have a job offer from pending background from Republic but I am still keeping my options open.

fa4silver in Gainesville, Virginia

46 months ago

The recruiter is also the manager and lead instructor . Her name is e. Sandy and she is wonderful!!! Right, so you walk in and sign in. You'll be given 2 things to fill out. A basic info form and the most detailed and thick application I ever saw! She joked and called it " the book" cause it's a lot so bring all of your info and get ready. You will write your namon a dry erase board and hold it up for a mug shot. Not sure why, but okay.

I love this company, I was also there on Friday and you did an awesome job on the announcements. You dressed the part too!! I am hoping to start the Sept. Training! We need to start getting aquainted with what the training entails. If anyone knows what those are please share :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

FA4Silver in Gainesville, Virginia said: I love this company, I was also there on Friday and you did an awesome job on the announcements. You dressed the part too!! I am hoping to start the Sept. Training! We need to start getting aquainted with what the training entails. If anyone knows what those are please share :)

Hey there Island Girl!! Thank you for your kind words! It was great meeting you to! You were the only other one there that looked SUPER sharp! Loved your black suit! I thought when I saw you, that you looked the part. Everyone was really nice though, and I think they made the right choices. I'm looking forward to training and getting up in the air again.

I'm glad you will be there! Now I have a new friend going to training with me :).
See you in Ft. Lauderdale.
PS. Training will be a great experience. You'll be great. Being an agent is a lot harder, so your already 90% there!!

46 months ago

mysky in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I'll be in the Sep training too (pending background check/drug test)!!

Congrats! Looking forward to meeting you!! The more, the merrier. We'll have a nice time. Will it be stressful? Yes. But we will help each other through it and will come out the other side with shiny silver wings!!

46 months ago

For those of you who got it and never flew before, I can give a basic brief run-down on training!
The first 6 days is called in-doc. You learn what the rules are, when and where you need to go when you get a trip, company policy, and FAA policy. Then a test. Each airline is different, but all have to teach 'Modules'.
Like there is a First Aid class that we'll go through and read that section of the manual. You'll do CPR, learn about where and how to use emergency equipment, fight a fire with an Halon ext., Use an AED and PBE-which are part of the emergency equipment. Then at some point you learn over-water training with the life vest and ditching drills, then land drills-meaning evacuations on the ground and emergency management. Like how, when, how much time to prepare, how to handle the situation. We'll learn airport codes, how to update our manuals and keep them up to date. We'll learn about hazmat materials, security, each are designed in a module. Your tested on each module. Then there is usually a final at the end. It's not hard at all. It's stressful because it's a lot of information coming at you and you have very little time to memorize it, but you do. I'm not sure of their exam rules-meaning how many you're allowed to re-take. It's different for every airline, but I do know that if you fail a re-take you're out and you can't take re-take the final. So you could pass all the tests, and then freeze on the final and be sent home!! I've seen it before. BUT, it was someone who was partying and not taking it seriously. People that study and focus, are just fine. once you're out flying it only takes a few trips before you are not nervous anymore and you "settle-in" to the position. Then you're like, "Whew! I stressed out so much in training over this?"
Really! We'll all be just fine. We're gonna be Flight Attendants!!

foreversilver in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

46 months ago

I am a Flight Attendant for Silver. If you have any questions or need anything I am happy to help. A few months ago I was in the same position, with tons of questions and no answers and no one to help..so I am here if you need it.

It is a great company that is GROWING! Get on board while you can. It can be challenging, but it is worth it in the end!

Hope to hear from you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sterling in Delray Beach, Florida

46 months ago

Hi all, I really want to be a flight attendant but
I don't understand how the finances work.
If a new FA gets 18.50 per hour and gets 75 hrs
Per month that is only making $1387 per month before
Taxes and other deductions. I I just don't understand how it is possible
To live on that. At less than 16k a year you are below
The poverty line. Am I missing something?? Please help
I really do want to be a FA. I am hoping I just don't
Understand. Thank you!!!

46 months ago

ForeverSilver in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I am a Flight Attendant for Silver. If you have any questions or need anything I am happy to help. A few months ago I was in the same position, with tons of questions and no answers and no one to help..so I am here if you need it.

It is a great company that is GROWING! Get on board while you can. It can be challenging, but it is worth it in the end!

Hope to hear from you!

Do you have a email address where I can email you my questions? That is very nice of you to help all of us! A response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

foreversilver in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

46 months ago

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky said: Do you have a email address where I can email you my questions? That is very nice of you to help all of us! A response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jtc2078@yahoo.com...more than happy to help

Cjflygirl

46 months ago

Sterling in Delray Beach, Florida said: Hi all, I really want to be a flight attendant but
I don't understand how the finances work.
If a new FA gets 18.50 per hour and gets 75 hrs
Per month that is only making $1387 per month before
Taxes and other deductions. I I just don't understand how it is possible
To live on that. At less than 16k a year you are below
The poverty line. Am I missing something?? Please help
I really do want to be a FA. I am hoping I just don't
Understand. Thank you!!!

Hi! You also need to factor in the per diem you will make which I believe is $1.60 an hr which you are paid 24 hrs a day when you are on a trip and that $$ is tax free. I fly for another carrier now and I would say my per diem at 1.75 an hr averages about 8k on top of my Flt pay a yr. The benefits are great which are very important to me. And I find the job so rewarding and most people can't say that about what they do.
I hope this helped a little :-)

46 months ago

ForeverSilver in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: jtc2078@yahoo.com...more than happy to help

I just emailed you. Thanks!!

46 months ago

I will email you my #

ForeverSilver in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I am a Flight Attendant for Silver. If you have any questions or need anything I am happy to help. A few months ago I was in the same position, with tons of questions and no answers and no one to help..so I am here if you need it.

Hope to hear from you!

Britney in Alabama

46 months ago

Love what I'm reading about this airline! I applied today. Congrats to all who have been hired so far!

46 months ago

FA4Silver in Gainesville, Virginia said: I will email you my #

Was you at the OH on Saturday?

Pam Ann in Atlanta, Georgia

46 months ago

Finally got my name back! So back to what I was asking...... Any word yet on when the next O.H. will be?

Pam Ann in Atlanta, Georgia

46 months ago

Finally got my name back! So back to what I was asking...... Any word yet on when the next O.H. will be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Just some questions I forgot to ask, What is the dress code during training? Are we going to get study packets before training? I am so ready.

Cjflygirl

46 months ago

FA4Silver in Gainesville, Virginia said: I will email you my #

I was just wondering if you have Overnights or are all the trips day trips???

lucinricki in Cincinnati, Ohio

46 months ago

Yes, could someone tell us if there are overnights or all day trips? Anyone know if there is an OH scheduled for ATL anytime soon?

46 months ago

Email me your#:

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Hey there Island Girl!! Thank you for your kind words! It was great meeting you to! You were the only other one there that looked SUPER sharp! Loved your black suit! I thought when I saw you, that you looked the part. Everyone was really nice though, and I think they made the right choices. I'm looking forward to training and getting up in the air again.

I'm glad you will be there! Now I have a new friend going to training with me :).
See you in Ft. Lauderdale.
PS. Training will be a great experience. You'll be great. Being an agent is a lot harder, so your already 90% there!!

46 months ago

FA4Silver in Gainesville, Virginia said: Email me your#:

What is your e-mail?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.