Silver Airways

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 1050)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Pam Ann in Atlanta, Georgia

61 months ago

I got the invitation to the one in Virginia but received it too last-minute to be able to get there. There is one being held today someplace in Mississippi, but those invitations were sent out today, so anyone outside Mississippi will more than likely not be able to make it to that one either.

Can someone answer this question: Did anyone attend the one in Virginia or Mississippi today without an invitation, and did they let people in without one? I think I read further back that they DID let people in in Virginia.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Nakia Washington in Grove City, Ohio

61 months ago

So I got invite to an Open House today @5 too bad its like 8 hrs away from me. Do they always send them the day of the OH?

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Pam Ann in Atlanta, Georgia said: I got the invitation to the one in Virginia but received it too last-minute to be able to get there. There is one being held today someplace in Mississippi, but those invitations were sent out today, so anyone outside Mississippi will more than likely not be able to make it to that one either.

Can someone answer this question: Did anyone attend the one in Virginia or Mississippi today without an invitation, and did they let people in without one? I think I read further back that they DID let people in in Virginia.

Its crazy right? I need atleast a week notice. I live in Ohio.

Reply - Report abuse

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Nakia Washington in Grove City, Ohio said: So I got invite to an Open House today @5 too bad its like 8 hrs away from me. Do they always send them the day of the OH?

Everyone that applied is on an Open House E-mail list. They send them out to everyone. You will get another one and will be updated as to when and where. They are still putting open houses together. You probably won't get a notice a week out, but at least a few days. I got mine two days before. I also just got one today for a place in MS!! And I've already been offered the position! LOL. So it's a list of people they are sending them out to. It doesn't matter if you filled out the on-line app cause you fill out a FULL app booklet at the interview. Open houses mean the are open to everyone. It's not invite only or r.s.v.p.
If you can't make the one they send you don't worry you'll get more. Hope this helps out.

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Everyone that applied is on an Open House E-mail list. They send them out to everyone. You will get another one and will be updated as to when and where. They are still putting open houses together. You probably won't get a notice a week out, but at least a few days. I got mine two days before. I also just got one today for a place in MS!! And I've already been offered the position! LOL. So it's a list of people they are sending them out to. It doesn't matter if you filled out the on-line app cause you fill out a FULL app booklet at the interview. Open houses mean the are open to everyone. It's not invite only or r.s.v.p.
If you can't make the one they send you don't worry you'll get more. Hope this helps out.

Thank you much!! It does help. A lot. Do I have to reapply or will they automatically send them out to me when there is another one? A few days notice should be fine. But not a few hours. Lol

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Everyone that applied is on an Open House E-mail list. They send them out to everyone. You will get another one and will be updated as to when and where. They are still putting open houses together. You probably won't get a notice a week out, but at least a few days. I got mine two days before. I also just got one today for a place in MS!! And I've already been offered the position! LOL. So it's a list of people they are sending them out to. It doesn't matter if you filled out the on-line app cause you fill out a FULL app booklet at the interview. Open houses mean the are open to everyone. It's not invite only or r.s.v.p.

Thank you much!! It does help. A lot. Do I have to reapply or will they automatically send them out to me when there is another one? A few days notice should be fine. But not a few hours. Lol

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Nakia Washington in Grove City, Ohio said: Thank you much!! It does help. A lot. Do I have to reapply or will they automatically send them out to me when there is another one? A few days notice should be fine. But not a few hours. Lol

Glad I could help. It probably wouldn't hurt to just hit reply and let them know that you are still interested, but need a little more notice, but to go ahead and keep you on the list. You WILL get more. Like I said, I went last Friday, got the offer, and still got an OH letter today. So you're golden! ;)
Best of luck to you. They are wonderful at Silver!!!

Reply - Report abuse

LilBee in Tampa, Florida

61 months ago

Hi everyone I have been following the forum but haven't posted.So Hello! :) I was just wondering how long ago everyone applied...I applied about a week and a half ago and I haven't heard anything back except a confirmation email from Silver. I currently work for another Airline but as a ground ops agent ( ramp/customer service) and I am dying to go inflight. Anyways its making me a little nervous so just wondering if I am getting too anxious about not getting any kind of call or email..am I jumping the gun? Or does it usually take awhile? How long has it been for some of you between contact from them and the time you applied? And congrats to all that have gotten a call back, best of luck in training!

Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

61 months ago

Nakia Washington in Grove City, Ohio said: So I got invite to an Open House today @5 too bad its like 8 hrs away from me. Do they always send them the day of the OH?

we are in the same situation.mine was in greensville and was today at 5pm and i just check my email.i so mad.it not even far away from me.do someone know if they can sent you another one?

Reply - Report abuse

spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida

61 months ago

Hi All, I did get an invite for the VA Open house but did not get an invite for the one in mississippi. I live in FL so I was not able to attend either. Based on what you all are saying shouldn't I have gotten both invites? It made me worried that I was removed from the list so I reapplied.

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Also does anyone know.....Since Silver is a partner with United does that mean that one of the benefits of working for Silver is that you and your immediate family can fly "free" anywhere that United flies to?
That would be a very nice benefit!!

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

CabinCrew, I just wanted to thank you for your valuable information. It's a huge help to us.

Just to share what I found out today, here's the scoop. They are sending out the last-minute invitations to a huge pool of applicants, in hopes of reaching some of the ones who CAN make it with 1 day's notice. However, everyone is being kept on their applicant list, and will be sent notices of future open houses.

Like you all, I don't know whether we will get much in the way of advance notice, but as CabinCrew has said, it appears that they are just working off of a big list of applicants and sending things out to everyone.

Spiritual - no worries. I got the VA one but did not get one for MS, but you do not have to have an invitation to attend an open house. Because we are not getting all of the notices by email, it's probably a good idea for us to try to keep each other apprised of the open houses that we DO know about via the forum here, so that people can try to attend the one that is closest to them.

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I do have one other question for anyone who can answer it (CabinCrew?). Because there is not a lot of mainstream info out there on Silver, can you give the rest of us any idea of what the current bases are, and what the duration of the trips are? (It may help people to decide whether they are a good fit before they try to travel to an open house).

Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

61 months ago

Pam Ann in Atlanta, Georgia said: CabinCrew, I just wanted to thank you for your valuable information. It's a huge help to us.

Just to share what I found out today, here's the scoop. They are sending out the last-minute invitations to a huge pool of applicants, in hopes of reaching some of the ones who CAN make it with 1 day's notice. However, everyone is being kept on their applicant list, and will be sent notices of future open houses.

Like you all, I don't know whether we will get much in the way of advance notice, but as CabinCrew has said, it appears that they are just working off of a big list of applicants and sending things out to everyone.

Spiritual - no worries. I got the VA one but did not get one for MS, but you do not have to have an invitation to attend an open house. Because we are not getting all of the notices by email, it's probably a good idea for us to try to keep each other apprised of the open houses that we DO know about via the forum here, so that people can try to attend the one that is closest to them.

yep i agree the forum will be the best way to keep each other posted.i will if i have something in my email soon. by the way AIR CANADA IS HIRING SINCE LAST WEEK FOR TORONTO BASE,AND MONTREAL.they already start the phone interview.

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I found a good video of Silver's new Saab340

www.youtube.com/watch?v=icGHQB2krD0

Reply - Report abuse

flight in Richmond, Virginia

61 months ago

Just curious where the Open House was held in VA. Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

Cjflygirl

61 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina said: yep i agree the forum will be the best way to keep each other posted.i will if i have something in my email soon. by the way AIR CANADA IS HIRING SINCE LAST WEEK FOR TORONTO BASE,AND MONTREAL.they already start the phone interview.

Don't you have to be a Canadian citizen?

Reply - Report abuse

I want to fly in Staunton, Virginia

61 months ago

flight in Richmond, Virginia said: Just curious where the Open House was held in VA. Thanks

Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Wish someone from yesterday's open house would check in with us. :(

Reply - Report abuse

Cjflygirl

61 months ago

Cjflygirl said: Don't you have to be a Canadian citizen?

Flight Attendants
VIEW CURRENT JOBS
Voted recently as Business Traveler Magazine’s Best Flight Attendants in North America, our Flight Attendants are ambassadors of the customer experience onboard each Air Canada flight. Roles of our Flight Attendants include safety professional, caregiver and service provider. The Flight Attendant demonstrates a sincere desire to be of service to Air Canada’s customers and effectively handles diverse and challenging situations with poise and diplomacy. Air Canada’s Flight Attendants make an immediate and lasting positive impression.
Essential Functions

Perform safety related duties as outlined in the Flight Attendant Safety Manual including safety demonstrations, in-flight announcements and responding to a broad range of in-flight situations
Consistently deliver friendly and approachable customer service through the serving of beverages and snacks, and the selling of Air Canada products, onboard meals, amenities and duty free articles
Display a caring disposition and treat each customer as an individual
Anticipate and respond quickly and pleasantly to our customer needs
Minimum Requirements

Safety conscious
Possess a valid Canadian passport
Minimum age - 18 years
High school graduation diploma or equivalent
Able to meet our medical standards
Able to obtain Transport Canada's Security clearance
Well groomed and self confident
Must successfully complete our eight week initial training program
Priority will be given to candidates completely fluent in English and French. Candidates fluent in English or French and one or more of the following languages will also be considered: Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, German, Arabic, Hebrew, Portuguese, Greek.

Reply - Report abuse

I want to fly for Silver in Staunton, Virginia

61 months ago

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky said: Do you have a email address where I can email you my questions? That is very nice of you to help all of us! A response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky, I was at the open house with you in Virginia, I have the same questions. Can you email me at bmahaffey89@yahoo.com

Reply - Report abuse

flight in Richmond, Virginia

61 months ago

I want to fly in Staunton, Virginia said: Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport

I am just on the other side of the mountain. Will they hold more at SHD? thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

lucinricki in Mcdonough, Georgia

61 months ago

Can someone tell us what they tell you at the OH about the length of trips and if there are overnites, or day trips.

Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I got the Invite to the MS OH the evening before and I was in another state attending another AL/OH so there was no way I could get there. I'm wondering about the length of trips/day trips because that means a lot when you consider being based somewhere other than where you live. They type flying I have done is a lot different than these carriers so I'm trying to learn! Thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I think a lot of us are wondering about the trips and type of flying...just having a hard time getting someone to provide some answers.

Reply - Report abuse

thja222 in Las Vegas, Nevada

60 months ago

I want to fly for Silver in Staunton, Virginia said: thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky, I was at the open house with you in Virginia, I have the same questions. Can you email me at bmahaffey89@yahoo.com

I just emailed you. Thank you!

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Pam Ann in Atlanta, Georgia said: I think a lot of us are wondering about the trips and type of flying...just having a hard time getting someone to provide some answers.

Hello everyone. I've been away from the computer. I hope I can answer some questions.
The recruiter told us to prepare for any kind of trip. She said one month all they had were day trips, then the next month they had all 5-day trips. You have to keep in mind that they are still growing and working lines of flying and reserve out. Like, they have airport reserve BUT only use it when they have to, usually at Holidays or if their short. They try not to do that. At other airlines, it's just on your line, needed or not.
I just want everyone to please be aware that fly commuting really isn't an option. The trips are not really built for that. This is coming from the recruiter. If you can drive, that's great. It's a 1 hour call out 'Driveway-to Aircraft', Reserve is a 14 hour shift. You are guaranteed 8 days off, but it's been more than that, she said. People being hired now, probably won't sit reserve very long unless they are in the Florida bases. Even there, they are opening new bases, so.
You, Your Spouse/Partner,Parents, AND one friend a year get unlimited travel on Silver Airways and United Airlines DAY ONE of training!!!!! If you are single, you get two 'travel friends' a year, instead of one. The travel friend is like unlimited buddy passes in which there is a higher fee, than for Parents,Spouse, and yourself.
I'm still waiting for everything to clear before they turn their conditional job offer to a firm one. The information I just gave you is what was said at my OH.
I hope this helped some people decide if this is for them or not. I can appreciate everyone's concerns. I'd hate to have to drive several hours only to find out that it's not feasible. However, unless you go you'll never know.
Also, read back a few pages. There is helpful information there.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I did hours of reading the Silver Airways forum at 'Pilot Central', because as a former flight attendant myself, my experience as been if the Pilots aren't happy, something is wrong. I wanted to see what they were saying and I'm glad I did.
Hope this helps.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Cabin Crew, thank you for sharing all of your awsome info. It is both kind and generous for you to take the time to answer all of our questions especially since you have now been hired and don't even need to be on this board anymore. Thanks again. (and please don't go away) :)

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Can anyone answer these questions, Will we receive study packets before we leave for training? What is the dress code for training? Will we do water training?

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I want to fly for Silver in Staunton, Virginia said: Can anyone answer these questions, Will we receive study packets before we leave for training? What is the dress code for training? Will we do water training?

YES-you will receive all of the information you need before you leave for training. They don't make you memorize the announcements, because they have an automated briefing system on-board. You do have to memorize codes. I'm sure the packet will contain everything we need to prepare for training. The recruiter never told us what the dress code was. It's probably in the packet. I have no idea if we will do ditching training, but since they fly international, I do believe the FAA requires it. So probably. Hope you can swim!

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: YES-you will receive all of the information you need before you leave for training. They don't make you memorize the announcements, because they have an automated briefing system on-board. You do have to memorize codes. I'm sure the packet will contain everything we need to prepare for training. The recruiter never told us what the dress code was. It's probably in the packet. I have no idea if we will do ditching training, but since they fly international, I do believe the FAA requires it. So probably. Hope you can swim!

Thanks, I can swim. Did she say when we would receive the packet? For some reason in our open hose we didn't ask many questions. How I wish I did.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I want to fly for Silver in Staunton, Virginia said: Thanks, I can swim. Did she say when we would receive the packet? For some reason in our open hose we didn't ask many questions. How I wish I did.

Open house (sorry)

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

CabinCrew - Thanks SO much for the additional information. I think the only question that I didn't see addressed is...where are their bases right now?

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I want to fly for Silver in Staunton, Virginia said: Thanks, I can swim. Did she say when we would receive the packet? For some reason in our open hose we didn't ask many questions. How I wish I did.

I believe it's when you've cleared the background and drug test. My own experience has been that once you've cleared they call you or e-mail you a confirmed offer of employment along with flight information, Hotel information, transportation information and then shortly after you receive your training packet with all the information you need to know about training. There is probably a study guide and a list of airport codes that we have to know. It will go over classroom conduct and dress code, things we need to bring, and several other bits of information we'll need.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Pam Ann in Atlanta, Georgia said: CabinCrew - Thanks SO much for the additional information. I think the only question that I didn't see addressed is...where are their bases right now?

I remember a list of 10 bases. You write your last name down and then number 1-10 your choice. During the interview, she will go over that with you to make sure that your selections are available or when they would be available, just so you know somewhat ahead of time. NO ONE is guaranteed a bases and assignments are given out the 2nd week. Just remember that if you don't get your choice, you can put your transfer in and will probably get it the following month. I can't remember all the bases, but my choice is Altoona, Pa. because I can drive to work. I'm two hours away, but have a Grandma there I can stay with during my trip and then just drive home. If I get a different city, like, Clarksburg, then I'll stay there until my transfer goes through. My Husband understands this. It's like being married to someone in the Military and I'm on a deployment. You have to do what you have to do. We don't have kids, so it works out fine. He knows the life. The week after I met him, I went to Japan on a 6-day trip. Couldn't even talk on the phone!! So it's an understanding you have to make with your family. Everything comes together pretty well. It's just the unknown that's scary, but if you don't try, you'll never know! What's the worst thing that can happen? You can always leave if it get's to be too much. You can move. You can transfer. There are options. Just jump in with both feet and go for it. Let the details work themselves out. They will. When you see that sunrise in the early morning from your jumpseat, you'll be thinking, "Yeah! I'm glad I did this! I'm here."

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

In Florida:Tampa, Gainsville,and Ft. Lauderdale. I THINK also Tallahassee.
Atlanta, GA.
Washington D.C.-Dulles-Super small base.
Clarksburg, WV.
Altoona, PA.
Shenandoah, VA.
Meridian, MS.

That's all 10. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's all by memory.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Cabin Crew thanks for all the info! My airline was all large A/C and lots of crew members and mostly international flying. One F/A aircraft is all new to me....so are day trips and the only time I have been on a turboprop was as a passenger. :) I was used to being commercialed from home to pick up my trip so being based somewhere other than home is new to me too. I did have to sit base reserve somewhere other than homebase for a month at a time at the beginning. This type flying is all new to me and sounds very intersting...especially less than 50 pax and not having to cook and serve two or three meals per leg and do umpteen beverage services during an 8 hr flt!! I appreciate your info. I do want to check out an OH, I like what I'm hearing so far! If you think of anything else that may be different about this type flying I'd love to hear!

Reply - Report abuse

Spiritual

60 months ago

Cabin crew - any idea when the next oh will be in ft lauderdale Florida??
Would you guess weeks or months??

Reply - Report abuse

Spiritual

60 months ago

Cabin crew- just read your post and wanted to make sure I understand.
Are you saying that I can go to an OH in another state
But can still request fr lauderdale as my base??? I assumed
That where ever the open house was held was the base you would initially
Be placed at. If that is the case I should not wait for an OH in Fl but should
Just go to the very next one wherever it is held ....right???

Reply - Report abuse

Cjflygirl

60 months ago

Spiritual said: Cabin crew- just read your post and wanted to make sure I understand.

I would say go if you are willing to commute or relocate if the base you want isn't open. You would have the oppurtunity to bid on an open position of the base u desire when there is an open position. Remember the spots will be awarded by senority.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Spiritual said: Cabin crew- just read your post and wanted to make sure I understand.

YES! You can go to any Open House and everyone puts bases preferences down on the list. Just because you go to an Open House at a certain city, doesn't necessarily mean that's where you'll be based. The Recruiter made that very clear. I happened to be interviewed in the city of my first choice and they really need flight attendants there. That may not always be the case at other Open Houses!! Many people want other bases beside the city that is hosting the O.H.
It is based all on seniority within your class. Senior picks first-junior gets what's left. AGAIN, don't let that scare you, you can always transfer. People tend to panic when they don't get the base they want and it's needless cause their there for a month or two and then get where they want. It's an adventure, let's roll with it!
Good luck to everyone. I'll say a prayer for you all that you will be successful.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

CABINCREW - thanks again for answering more questions. Sounds like you have a military background too - LOL. Separation is easy after doing it for military deployments for the last ?? years.

And yes, as long as your base is listed on Cabin Crew's list, you can always just wait it out if you don't get your base of choice right away. I've been hoping to see that ATL is at least a possibility at some point (as I'm sure that LUCINRIKI is too.

SPIRITUAL - The only negative about going to an o.h. in another city/state is that you have to be willing to accept that, if you go, you may be returning home without a cjo, and will that be too upsetting for you after you have spent a lot of time and money to go to the out-of-town o.h. I know people who have bought tickets to attend an open house, did not get the cjo, and then felt very bitter and resentful afterwards. I almost attended an out-of-town one within the last month, but realized that it wouldn't be a good personal decision to do so since the offer is not guaranteed. For me, it will be better to attend one that is closer or at least easier to get to.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Pam Ann in Atlanta, Georgia said: CABINCREW - thanks again for answering more questions. Sounds like you have a military background too - LOL. Separation is easy after doing it for military deployments for the last ?? years.

And yes, as long as your base is listed on Cabin Crew's list, you can always just wait it out if you don't get your base of choice right away. I've been hoping to see that ATL is at least a possibility at some point (as I'm sure that LUCINRIKI is too.

SPIRITUAL - The only negative about going to an o.h. in another city/state is that you have to be willing to accept that, if you go, you may be returning home without a cjo, and will that be too upsetting for you after you have spent a lot of time and money to go to the out-of-town o.h. I know people who have bought tickets to attend an open house, did not get the cjo, and then felt very bitter and resentful afterwards. I almost attended an out-of-town one within the last month, but realized that it wouldn't be a good personal decision to do so since the offer is not guaranteed. For me, it will be better to attend one that is closer or at least easier to get to.

Good points..... thank you

Reply - Report abuse

thja222 in Las Vegas, Nevada

60 months ago

Has anyone that attended the OH at Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport or the O.H the day before that one heard back from Silver Airways H.R stating they have been cleared and confirmed their training for September 04, 2012? All I have received was an email giving my information for travel arrangements to training but it will be confirmed once after being cleared from H.R. A response will be greatly appreciated it. Thanks!!

Reply - Report abuse

hopefulflygirl in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

Any upcoming Open Houses?

Reply - Report abuse

thja222

60 months ago

HEY EVERYONE!!

Just F.Y.I. I received an email today from Silver Airways letting me know my background and drug screening cleared, and confirming my spot in training for the September 04, 2012 class. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Good luck to EVERYONE! Be watching for your EMAILS! And I look forward to meeting a lot of you on September 04.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!!!
I hope to be where you are someday soon!!!!

I am so impatient for them to announce the next OH. I check on this forum like every 3 hrs...just to make sure I don't miss anything.
:)
Good luck to you and please stay in touch on this site.

Reply - Report abuse

thja222

60 months ago

spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida said: Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!!!
I hope to be where you are someday soon!!!!

I am so impatient for them to announce the next OH. I check on this forum like every 3 hrs...just to make sure I don't miss anything.
:)
Good luck to you and please stay in touch on this site.

Hello!

Thank you. You will be their probably quickly before you know it. They should be having an OH pretty soon since their hiring a lot of Flight Attendants and training classes are for September, October, and November. Just keep checking the forum. Also make sure you APPLY on their website as well. I will keep in touch on the forum- And you please keep me updated as well. Thanks!!

Reply - Report abuse

New Silver FA in Staunton, Virginia

60 months ago

thja222 said: HEY EVERYONE!!

Just F.Y.I. I received an email today from Silver Airways letting me know my background and drug screening cleared, and confirming my spot in training for the September 04, 2012 class. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Good luck to EVERYONE! Be watching for your EMAILS! And I look forward to meeting a lot of you on September 04.

I just received the email and was told I am cleared and in the Sept 4th, class.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.